Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunsrequiem

Gunsrequiem

@Timspurgeon

This video may help you--it covers how I got TPC to start working with a custom weapon/animation (Note, however, that you will still have to tweak it a bit to get it to look seamless in your project, but it should at least allow you to gather resources/indicate a hit):

2. gegebel

gegebel

No because it's buggy as hell

VladimirGameStudio likes this.
  3. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

It is as if you buy a house and they tell you we give you the keys and when it is built we give you the house, obviously mind you will not be left alone with the keys. but what I said, I can understand that they have delays, but delays because they do not stop to include things, that I do not understand it anymore. they have promised us many things and I still do not see them, so much so that they ask us for the bills to send us a sample of what there is and I see nothing and increasingly more and more excuses, they promise us that they will eliminate things from a version for advance the exit and do more than include things contrary to what was promised to users. a lack of words. and asta commit negative point to this assent.

4. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

I think not, because .2 will be totally different, with a new code structure. And there are many improvements in 0.2 being awaited. And since we've been waiting so far, let's wait a little longer.:(

mwituni likes this.
  5. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

I was quiet and expecting 0.2 quietly, but I see that they do not stop adding new things to 0.2 in trello instead of including them in 0.3. that worries me because I see a lack of respect to all when it pact does not include anything else in 0.2 and leave it to 0.3.

6. Zelre

Zelre

Open the Emerald Animal AI script, and make sure to add the following to the top of the script. You will see code similar to this so just add it with that:

using UltimateSurvival;
    using UltimateSurvival.AI;
    using UltimateSurvival.Building;
    using UltimateSurvival.Debugging;
    using UltimateSurvival.GUISystem;
    using UltimateSurvival.InputSystem;
    using UltimateSurvival.StandardAssets;

Then go to line 3301 in the same script (Emerald Animal AI)

and add this code:

currentAnimal.GetComponent<PlayerVitals> ().Entity.ChangeHealth.Try (new HealthEventData (-attackDamage));
    var col = currentAnimal.GetComponent<Collider>();
    if(col != null)
    {
    var data = SurfaceDatabase.Instance.GetSurfaceData(col, currentAnimal.transform.position + Vector3.up, 0);
    if(data != null)
    data.PlaySound(ItemSelectionMethod.RandomlyButExcludeLast, SoundType.Hit, 1f, currentAnimal.transform.position + Vector3.up * 1.5f);
    }

The Emerald AI should now be able to damage the US player.

Make sure that your AI is on the Entity layer too, ans make sure that their AI component is set to have them on that layer. Might be a reason why it's not working.

RoyS likes this.
  7. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

I would really be suprised if 0.2 really coming out 2017

VladimirGameStudio likes this.
  8. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

FTFY

9. impi2

impi2

Thanks for posting that. It's very useful.
    There's a lot of good support on this forum.

I noticed although you integrated "Opsive 3rd person controller", you had an "Ootii Mount list" at 4:35. Is that used for anything? Or just old stuff?

Or did you try Ootii and perhaps prefer Opsive? ... asking as I'm considering which to use.

10. Legend458

Legend458

11. arie1994

arie1994

too me fixing bugs, sound better then loosing a job.

12. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

That's not the case, unless Winterbyte has changed his/their mind(s). He/they said it is a "generic survival template". If that is the case then we've all been seriously misled.

13. Kalle801

Kalle801

I would like to create a multiplayer game with 0.12 but the UI is messing up, if i play over the Network.

14. RAZD112

RAZD112

I did it in new scene and it worked ! Ty

15. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

There are a lot of bugs & issues currently. I'm adding them on Trello so I won't forget to fix them. I'm not adding new systems, new weapons, etc. The items you see added on Trello are to make sure the kit behaves properly and there aren't major issues & bugs.

It is a generic survival template, that's the focus. On top of that, I enjoyed adding a few more details which can be deleted/changed easily. But, at this point I'm only fixing bugs & making the systems work properly.

Great, the main things left are the inventory systems.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  16. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

What is happening with the UI exactly?

17. Reiner

Reiner

@Winterbyte312 when is the release date for version 0.2?

Greetz Raven

18. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I want to upload it for the people that bought 0.1 soon.

19. RAZD112

RAZD112

hey , im using Emerald AI
    and i wanna be able to loot my enemies and animals ,
    i added "LOOT OBJECT" script and "Loot on death " but it doesnt work what shall i do ? thanks

20. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Make sure there's an active collider trigger on the object you have these scripts.

21. RAZD112

RAZD112

i have but still doesnt work........

22. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Install Team Viewer, send the id and password to winterbyte312@gmail.com
    It'll take a few minutes to set that up, maybe there's something you haven't configured.

23. RAZD112

RAZD112

ok , one sec

24. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

Hello all, at first, congratulations for this beautiful pack.simple to use and complete,
    I have a small question to the community ultimate survival. Has anyone managed to couple unistorm with ultimate survival? I managed to do some things with as the day / night but when I put play, the move commands freeze, I can just move but not jump, open the build etc , and the weather system not work if someone has installation instructions to share with us it would be nice. I wish you all a good day, and wish you a good development

25. wizard40

wizard40

@Winterbyte312
    just one question: Can you compile version 0.2 even incomplete and send it to see the progress and so many of us can get an idea of how the code is made?

I think the answer is going to be no

26. nielshenriksen

nielshenriksen

Im waiting.... im waiting :D

27. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Not with the current junk & unfinished stuff that's in the project at this point. Working towards cleaning and finishing the systems so I can upload something. After that, anyone that receives the early 0.2 can point out bugs and mistakes. Will solve them quickly and submit. That's what I plan on doing.

28. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

We made a quick fix for 0.1, got rid of the hiccups when you first shoot arrows, throw spears, and many others. My coworker is uploading a 0.14. Might prove useful for some if it gets out before 0.2.

29. Candac59

Candac59

Hello everybody !

While waiting for version 0.2 I focus on the creation of a map. I try TerrainComposeur 2 (to give my opinion on the previous questions, until then I did not go too badly with Gaia which is compatible with many other assets!)

My question is: are there things to modify to integrate US to the new terrain? without any other assets, just US and TC2.

30. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

I have TC2, world composer, and gaia But personally, I use gaia with my own stamp coupled with other assets rendering is not bad, I just struggled with unistorm, and suimono water system

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  31. monkyfizt

monkyfizt

@Winterbyte312 I have a small problem with an enemy I added myself. All the animation works except for the attacking animation. I copied the Animation controller of the cannibal and added my own animations in it. The attack animation also has the events it needs to apply damage but it's not playing the attack anaimation. The enemy is starting to run and screming but it's just not attacking. It runs till the enemy is under the player. Could you please help me with that? I already searched the thread but there is no similar post.

32. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Expand the NavMeshAgent component, and make the Stopping Distance higher, hit play, test.

33. monkyfizt

monkyfizt

Thank you very much. That solved the problem.

34. Candac59

Candac59

I mean, are there any alterations to be made to the ultimate survival level so that it works well with the new terrain?

35. gegebel

gegebel

Just bake the NavMesh

36. Candac59

Candac59

ah ok I thought there was more to change. thank you

37. impi2

impi2

Well I guess if you want your trees and rock's etc as resources (mine-able), you'll need to look at that ... look at the US example scene.

38. RoyS

RoyS

Thank you so much for the hard work you've been doing on US, Winterbyte.

39. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

You shouldn't have any terrain problems with US regardless of which of the terrain tools you are using. I use Gaia, personally. But I think TC2 is still pretty much using standard unity terrain. The only thing I've ever had to do to get a non terrain tool to work with a standard unity terrain is maybe change the layer of the terrain or bake a navmesh. Nothing about the tools themselves should effect US. At least I haven't had any problems dropping US onto any of my terrains made with Gaia. Again, TC2 should be a similar process. The only thing effecting US I can think of relating to terrain/worlds is just making sure your navmesh is ready for the US creature AI objects and deal with other normal things you would normally do when world building.

40. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Good point.. Forgot that one...

And looks like I'm late to party.. Looks like @gegebel already answered about the navmesh... heheh

41. Kalle801

Kalle801

I have to "automatically" spawn a player, so none in the scene. If i start the game, the player is in the world but all scripts from the ui are "not set to an instance of an object", no matter what i do. If the player is in the Scene "manual" spawn, all works just fine, but i cant spawn another player with "own" controllers.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  42. impi2

impi2

Just means OP got confirmation, so no doubts for him!

43. gegebel

gegebel

I've been trying for weeks to spawn a player in the world with UI and so on, never got it to work.
    My questions about it didn't get answered either.

Like it is now, you'd have to rewrite some parts to spawn a character at runtime. Even more in multiplayer since every UI/Inventory has to be instanciated. Good luck with that.

44. Zombie_Expert

Zombie_Expert

So will the new update contain a save system?

45. johny256

johny256

yes add save sistem and Main menu

46. Legend458

Legend458

0.2 will contain a save system and main menu. Please remember to view Trello as Winterbyte312 has kindly set it up for us to get an understanding of what he will be adding.

47. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

On 0.2 release day we will see massive new "games" on stream. I think this could push UNITZ from the assetflipper throne finally

VladimirRad and gegebel like this.
  48. gegebel

gegebel

Luckily, I'm not going that road, so I don't care.
    I hope people are smart enough to refund, if not, too bad.

49. arie1994

arie1994

but why?

50. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

When it comes out 0.2 and change all the 3D models in medieval, it suvire to steam for free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.