Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. impi2

impi2

That's not true. It's pretty feature packed as is, and will give most game designers all they need without any cost. If one wants to add an option later, then it's available... but not everyone wants them (as they have performance cost), so why should everyone pay a premium and have to buy CTS.

Anyway CTS is overpriced ... MegaSplat is same price, and much better in features and results. It's like an entry level vs a pro tool, same price.

Imagine where Jason will be!

Anyway, derailing thread on this. I was just trying to tell people asking about terrain tools for their US game that Microsplat is awesome for their projects ... and free! So no reason to sit with unity's crappy standard terrain texturing.

And its not by some new kid on the block, it's by the best terrain shader's author!

Back to US... while I appreciate some folks want a ready-to-go game, so will want these really sexy US art items, probably more don't ... as we want our games to look different.

Therefore it would really help to release US (earlier) with all the code done and using some basic assets (as in cubes) where needed (for positioning etc), then do the artwork after and release an update later with the sexy assets added. Or sell them as an update on the store.

That way everyone can continue working on their games, and apply the sexiness if they want it later.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    ronaldomoon and TacoPlayStudio like this.
  2. RoyS

RoyS

You mean here, right? I did not change any settings. I just have US and UniStorm installed. I'm using the default US scene to test with. I changed the time (in-game) and the sky turned black with no stars. The terrain and models are showing like they do in daytime, they are not dark. The terrain, crafted house, crafting stove, sleeping bag, etc all looks just like the daytime scene except with black sky. Not sure why my models aren't dark when it is dark sky.

Searched youtube tutorial videos and couldn't find the answer to why the models aren't showing dark with the night time of day.

3. RoyS

RoyS

I saw your post impi2 and wished I had purchased MegaSplat instead of CTS. I didn't know about MegaSplat until I saw your post. Bummer. Looks like I could have gotten "CTS for free" by just using the MegaSplat free (looks like CTS has same features as the free version of MegaSplat). I would have rather put the $50 into MegaSplat. I feel like I wasted my money on CTS. MegaSplat looks so much better.

4. impi2

impi2

Sorry it wasn't in time for you, hopefully will help some others.
    That's happened to me a few times!

CTS is also good, so you should be OK.

CTS has more features than the free microsplat (unless you add them at cost if you need any), but yes megasplat is the king and has it all included.

5. maxaud

maxaud

Does anyone know if this has full 100% gamepad support for platforms that don't have a mouse?

Thanks!

6. gegebel

gegebel

yes you need to set the sky night Color to black, as well as Equator night and Ground Night.. If you go further down there is an Intensity slider, which I set to 1. Then go to the Atmosphere Tab and set the Sky Tint Color Night to Black.

Once you've done that, your nights should be really dark. You shouldn't be able to see anything besides the night sky.

RoyS and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  7. gegebel

gegebel

I also mostly disabled the day/night system from US, since they are not compatible. That will change in 0.2, until then, it's just a big hack to get UniStorm to work together with US.
    I'm working on a tutorial, but it's a lot of changes which will be totally useless with 0.2. I guess some people might want to stick to 0.1 since there are so many changes.

RoyS and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  8. RAZD112

RAZD112

hey! any help with adding animal ?
    even when im using Emerald ai the player doesnt get hit !
    what shall i do ? ty.

9. gegebel

gegebel

I have added UniStorn and an autorun script to the Wiki, follow the link in my signature :D

There's an Emerald AI tutorial on the wiki too. Check it out.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  10. RAZD112

RAZD112

ty bro . ik
    i managed to get my animals ai with Emerlad
    but i cant get my player get damage by them or hit them... so they tut doesnt help me

11. gegebel

gegebel

That's what the tutorial is for...

RAZD112 likes this.
  12. RAZD112

RAZD112

oh man i missed this one ! thanks bro !!

13. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

Anyone have a basic script for health bars and damage numbers appearing above heads?

14. gegebel

gegebel

Check this tutorial, set the healthbar to Worldspace after giving your character a canvas.

combine the Healthbar with this one

15. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi all,

Here is part 3 of my Fish AI tutorial.

16. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Which do you prefer Enviro or UniStorm?

17. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Tenkoku.. heheh Seriously though, out of the two you mentioned, I would probably go with Enviro. Everything I've ever read about UniStorm has been that it kills performance. In all honesty though, I haven't followed any of the recent development. Enviro looks really good but I heard that it doesn't have a user friendly user interface from several developers but that the author is working to improve it. Plus you already have a video for using Enviro with US.

But while prototyping, I'll probably take a look at what you and @gegebel did to get Unistorm and Enviro to work and apply to Tenkoku for now since it is my favorite of the systems that I already own. (Don't own Enviro or Unistorm... Yet.. )

impi2 likes this.
  18. gegebel

gegebel

I like UniStorm because it works fine with Emerald AI and Crux. Also they are easy to understand.
    On the other side, Enviro is also pretty easy to use and it has networking from ground up.
    I own UniStorm, because Enviro didn't exist back then. IF I had to choose today, it would be really hard, they both are really good at what they do. I guess I'd tend with Enviro in the end for the networking.

I know UniStorm works in network, but it's more a hack than really integration or support.

19. christougher

christougher

Speaking of which... tenkoku and Unistorm are both on sale....

impi2 likes this.
  20. Vondox

Vondox

Hi everyone!

Enviro is on that sale too. ;) Btw the user interface was revamped completely in 1.9 with the power of scriptable objects.

You can tweak all settings in runtime, hit save and load them back anytime making tweaking enviro a breeze!
    Maybe check the Enviro Getting Started video in my thread to get an idea how powerfull it is.

And I also will create an integration component for US once 0.2 is released of course. I love US, it is a great asset to kickstart a survival game.

So if you are still looking for a sky system it may be a good time to check it out while it is on sale.

21. RoyS

RoyS

I was using Gaia, but it's going to be a long while until Gaia 2 is going to be released. I don't want to put my project on hold as I need multi-terrain.

Can anyone recommend a good terrain tool? (I don't want to make a mistake like I did with CTS when I should have bought MegaSplat.) I can't seem to be able to work with nodes (I have Terrain Composer 2).

22. freshmeat911

freshmeat911

Well just to put my two cents in... I have used Gaia to build my multi terrain and with a little bit of headache it works. In my case I have 4 islands approx (2-3 km sq. each) pm me if you have any questions maybe I can help

impi2 likes this.
  23. maxaud

maxaud

Having both Gaia and MapMagic I prefer MapMagic but have used the stamps in Gaia for starting points in MapMagic. Stamps like those in Gaia can be obtained from other sources though.

24. impi2

impi2

+1
    The lighting and realism in Tenkoko (and Suimono for water) is breathtaking.

Tenkoko includes good networking code examples too.

I'd suggest stay with Gaia (it's really hard to match, and you already know it), and add a tool to manage the terrain tiles. We don't use multi terrain,but I remember seeing a few good ones. Best ask in Gaia forums.

25. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hey guys,

With Unity's crazy sale, I am thinking of hiding my credit card so my wife doesnt leave me.
    But if any of you have the urge, I would really appreciate if you could use my Affiliate link and send a couple of quid my way :)
    (Shameless plug)

http://bit.ly/sale0917us

This is my affiliate code, if you ever want to send someone at the end of an asset store link: ?aid=1101lMAW

Thanks everyone!

Inside the spoilers below are links to some Assets to possibly use with Ultimate Survival:

Environment & Weather

Terrain

Art Packs

Sound and Music

26. LittleMike

LittleMike

I'm not married, so I think I need to take my own credit card away. Lol :p

27. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

How many for our little Ultimate Survival community are using that new Connect thing from Unity?

I'm not sure if I like it yet. Seems full of Too much spam at the moment.

Edit: Warning do not click this link unless you want Unity to automatically sign you up to connect.... wow great job Unity
    https://connect.unity.com/u/59a5e09232b3060021e3a3db here is me

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  28. LittleMike

LittleMike

I wasn't, but apparently clicking on the link signed me up. It put my real name in by default too. Not that I care all that much. I have a LinkedIn, FB, etc. It was just a little surprising and didn't ask me to configure anything first.

*EDIT* looks like you can edit your information, including the name, afterwards.

29. Legend458

Legend458

Clicking on the link signed me up too.......

30. freshmeat911

freshmeat911

Lol not gonna click the link... but it is tempting

impi2 and TheMessyCoder like this.
  31. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Wow sorry guys. That is insane. Both that it automatically adds you to connext and uses your real details!!

32. LittleMike

LittleMike

No worries, like I said in my edit, you can change them. But yes, good to be aware that it fills in your real name (assumably from your Unity account) by default. Not a big deal to change it in case you prefer to go by a pseudonym like yourself.

33. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

I said the same things weeks ago. As you said, most of the stuff that's being worked on is only useful to asset flippers - the dregs of the community. They are the reason Unity is getting such a bad rep with gamers. Their needs should not be a priority.

I suggested that they finish the saving & loading and squash the bugs under "after the crash" and move everything else to 0.2x. Winterbyte responded and seemed to agree that would be a better way to go, yet, here we are. More weapons polished, more things added to the list and now they're working on videos too?!? Polishing items is for beta, this asset is in an alpha state. During alpha you get the basic features implemented then polish stuff in beta. Videos showing off new stuff could easily be made by users.

I hate complaining on here because there's already quite a bit of negativity as it is, but this is getting old. If the features never really progress beyond what's in 0.1, I'll still feel like I got my money's worth but I feel like a horse chasing a carrot hanging from a stick at this point. If I hadn't been led to believe that certain features I want were coming, I would have just started working on them myself months ago but I keep hearing that 0.2 will break it all so I've been trying to wait and started a side-project to work on in the meantime.

If nothing else please just release what's currently done as 0.13, not on the Asset Store, but just for those of us who have already paid.

impi2 and TacoPlayStudio like this.
  34. gegebel

gegebel

I did get lots of advertising for this so here is my connect.

35. RAZD112

RAZD112

hey bro , i tried my best few times and it didnt work
    my animal is marked in red but it doesnt get any damage what can i do ? any clue ? thanks sorry for bothering
    // i managed to get it damaged but it doesnt work the other way around
    i mean it cant damage the player

36. gegebel

gegebel

You should contact Zelre, he worked on it last.
    I just wait for 0.2.

37. RAZD112

RAZD112

k , thanks anyway.

38. impi2

impi2

Yes, it is really frustrating with everyone waiting, and unfortunately it's making for a bad reputation and putting buyers off, when the asset really has the potential to be the total opposite of that.

+1
    Exactly how many of us feel I'm sure.

39. impi2

impi2

Big sale ... PuppetMaster looks really tempting ... it's similar to NaturalMotion Endorphin-Euphoria. Would be amazing to see a 3rd person active rag doll stumbling around in US!

No need for complex animations.

Integration tho .... sheesh

40. arie1994

arie1994

somebody can tell me whats the difference between enviro and unistorm? pros and cons?
    what works better with us?

41. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

You misunderstanding this (asset). The dev said a multiply times that he wants to create a full game. Not just an barebone asset. He wants to make a full, blown game with AAA models. Thats why is take ages and thats why development is pushed back and will push back more often. He dont care for asset sales, he is creating his dream game and you are allowed to use it for your survival games.

TacoPlayStudio and gegebel like this.
  42. TacoPlayStudio

TacoPlayStudio

When .2 exits, most will spend a lot of time removing what has been "polished" so it does not look like an AssetFliper

43. RAZD112

RAZD112

hey bro , ive done those steps exactly as you described and my animals attack me but they cant damage the player any ideas ? thanks

44. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Trello / To do (After the crash) 37/64 :mad:

45. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

I think they have already taken advantage of the patience of all. one thing is that they are late and others that add more things knowing that they are late. this is the last straw.

pushingpandas likes this.
  46. gegebel

gegebel

I just hope it will be done before mid October, when I have my next meeting with the publisher. if not there will be 5 more people jobless.

47. Timspurgeon

Timspurgeon

Hello All,

Has anyone been able to change animations? I have a new weapon and a custom animation for tree chopping. When I hit the tree nothing happens. I get the animations but no indications I gathered any wood etc. I have the On_Hit as an event in my animation.

48. gegebel

gegebel

you have the TreeManager on your terrain ? and disabled tree collision ?

49. Timspurgeon

Timspurgeon

Yes If I use the weapons that came with US and the animation it works just not with My axe or my animation

50. arie1994

arie1994

In that case don't you think it's better to focus on 1.3?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
unityunity