Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arie1994

arie1994

i just want to buy end sell items to npc but more like fallout 1,2 and stalker- so its more like trading with npc

2. gegebel

gegebel

So it's really just containers in the end. You could have a value for each and every item not showing to players, just a stat in background and compare the 2 containers for value. you could have a 10-20% difference, depending on the trader...not too difficult to implement I think.

You can watch this to get an idea how things work for shops

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  3. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Im trying to find a way to reset the players downward velocity. I've been trying to do this

player.GetComponent(CCDrivenController).m_CurrentVelocity.y = 0f;

Any ideas?

4. gegebel

gegebel

The downward velocity is being updated when not grounded, so the question is, what are you trying to achieve and when?
    There are different possibilities, depending on what you are trying to achieve. You could change the char to grounded, in which case the downward velocity wouldn't be calculated anymore.
    You could also change the m_gravity value to 0, so it would set the velocity to 0. As said, depending on what you are trying to achieve, there are different ways to solve this.

5. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

ok ive been trying for a few hours but I have to head into the office for a meeting. I forgot to mention on trying to access the player velocity from another script. Ive tried several different declarations to get to IsGrounded but no dice. If you could maybe elaborate I would greatly appreciate it.

upload_2017-8-30_9-23-49.png

6. impi2

impi2

This looks like an awesome kick-start for a project, and we're keen to see what 0.2 brings.

Reading through posts, I agree it's important to keep it as open as possible to be flexible. Both in design ... eg. we're now working on a "non-violent" project, so nice to have options to keep pvp etc to certain areas etc. Or by player attribute etc, and keep market open.

Also "open' wrt allowing integration with other "best in class" assets. A large project like this will quickly become bogged down if devs try recreate the wheel on everything. I think it's best to put a basic feature in place and offer integration with 1 or 2 specialized assets. eg. There was talk of char controllers and 3rd person which is great ... but maybe support for Ootii and/or Opsive's controllers can replace too much work on that.

Also, on networking, many users want different things ... some want server auth, others want client to act as masters etc, that's a lot to implement. Maybe best to integrate with something like "Forge remastered" which is free and open source and has all those options ready to go, and working all the time to improve it.

Those asset devs are putting in a lot of effort to keep those products at the leading edge.

Personally I'd like to see the effort spent more on progressing the base product than spending time on building pretty assets. Once a sample of each is done, it should be up to us to add variants and different models etc. Apart from speeding up releases, that will also help keep games different.

Keep up the good work!

7. jesseganey

jesseganey

Great job sir. And i finally see people helping each other out. This is good to see. Keep up the good work. Im learning alot from your posts.

8. Zelre

Zelre

No problem, thanks to gegebel for getting it started with the first part of the integration. :)

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  9. gegebel

gegebel

isGrounded is part of the CharacterController, nothing specific to CCDriveController.

10. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

I fully agree.

11. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

I see, still no matter how I lay the line out I still get errors. Im using GetComponent but its like it keeps giving me formatting errors. Would you happen you know the correct line to access this variable?

12. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

So next month is gone. I bet Halflife 3 is earlier out :D

gegebel and RobsonFMaciel like this.
  13. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

:D:D:D:D:D
    I would love to. Hehe

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  14. gegebel

gegebel

I would try
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Player.isGrounded.Set(false);

15. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

you can't have it as:

player.GetComponent<CCDrivenController>().Player.IsGrounded = true;

because you don't set IsGrounded. First IsGrounded should be a method like IsGrounded() so it should be like:

player.GetComponent<CCDrivenController>().Player.IsGrounded();

What that will do is get if IsGrounded() is true or false.

IsGrounded() can't be set, it's part of the Character Controller itself and is a method for retrieving the info about it. It's essentially a read-only bool.

Edit: I don't quite get if you're trying to read it or set it.

16. gegebel

gegebel

He's trying to zero the downward velocity, which is kinda complicated since it's calculated as long as player.isGrounded is true.

17. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

According to trello still have enough work, I would like to claim my money, I am tired of waiting.

Winterbyte, would you give me back the money? I paid 54.04€

Would you give me back this amount?

INVOICE
    Description Quantity Unit Price Amount 1 Ultimate Survival Asset Store Product 1 44.66€ 44.66€ Total Excl. VAT 44.66€ 21% VAT 9.38€ Total Incl. VAT 54.04€

Thanks and best regards

18. DownTimeGame

DownTimeGame

Im working on a level and stats system when im done with it ill msg you so you can post it on the Wiki

erichey, Zelre, gegebel and 1 other person like this.
  19. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

ah yes, I want my refund too. Iam tired of waiting months for months. What do you need for refund?

d1favero and RobsonFMaciel like this.
  20. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Unfortunately it is fair. I'm really disappointed. It was promised on multiple dates and always skipped forward, promised screenshots and nothing, also videos and nothing. :confused: This is what makes us discouraged. Winterbyte is an honest and dedicated person, I have no doubt about it, but promising and not fulfilling is sad. Day 1 of September, and another month begins :(

d1favero likes this.
  21. Zelre

Zelre

Just hang in there people. I know you all have projects to complete but I have a feeling that 0.2 will be worth the wait, and will be here soon. There's a lot that can be done with 0.13 as it is now, and although 0.2 will be a completely rewritten asset, I'm sure the structure will be the same... Maybe even easier to work with than the current version.

22. Zelre

Zelre

That would be great, thanks.
    Will post a basic tutorial later on how to plant trees and plants that grow over time soon.
    Before then, it's basically just a plant that has been scaled down into different stages, and attached to the game object you're placing. Then it has a timer that activates and deactivates game objects at certain times, and then un-parents everything and deletes everything except for the last stage, which can be picked up. Will explain more later. ;)

23. gegebel

gegebel

That's the problem, we are all sure it will be awesome, just not when we will get it.
    I should have been delivering an early alpha build in August and while I did change a lot and scripted like a mad man, the publisher expected stuff from 0.2.
    Even @TheMessyCoder waited to integrate new workbenches because it would have been too much changes and issues.

While 0.13 is nice, it's really buggy and the way it is scripted doesn't always allow for extending without major changes. The reason why we wait for 0.2.

I know how it is in the business, but when I deliver late, I have to either accept I get less money, or have to pay a penalty.
    I remember working in marketing, our penalty would have been millions if we delivered even a day late.
    Now I'm not saying @Winterbyte312 deserves a penalty or anything, but he's the one giving us dates. And yes, it is always difficult to guess, especially in software. Still, people expected 0.2 around May. It's been over 3 months late now.

I can understand some people want their money back. And yes I understand some people might say, you paid for 0.1.
    Well, I like to think we invest in a product, in the future development, knowing it's a beta/alpha or whatever early version.
    But when I get told, I will get something soon, latest at a certain point in time, I expect to get it, not wait for 3 more months.

If I would have been told the next version won't be out before xmas, I wouldn't have bought it.
    I don't want a refund though, I want my promised update.
    And yes, I am spoiled.

24. gegebel

gegebel

I modified the one from UniStorm, works the same way.
    I also added crop plots like in Ark. Just used the furnace and modified it a bit.

25. OfficialAshez

OfficialAshez

What about closing the HUD (Inventory, Chets etc) with ESC?
    Building menu is hold right click and move the mouse?

26. Zelre

Zelre

Sounds like a better way to do it, at least then it's built into the weather system as well. :p

27. gegebel

gegebel

You can change how the inventory closes in the Input Manager (Tools ->Ultimate Surival ->Input Manager ->Close Inventory)

Building Menu opens with RMB(Click Right Mouse Button, not hold) when you have the Building Plan in your hands. RMB to close again.

OfficialAshez likes this.
  28. OfficialAshez

OfficialAshez

Thanks.

I know how the Building Plan works but it seems so unefficient. Right mouse button to open menu then click to the directory u want, then choose furniture to place then close the menu then build.

Correct me if im wrong, thats how i experiance it trough the DEMO.

29. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Its not a question if its awesome. I know it will be but its not what I purchased and hoped for. Its clearly now that Winterbyte is building not an asset, he is creating a full game (he mentioned that multiply times) and I dont need a full game. I need a starter asset but 0.13 is not in that stage what I except to use. I supported him so long I could. I purchased a early alpha 0.1 version ONLY because he promised to delivery features like (save/load) in 0.2 which was targeted for APRIL. I cant wait longer for winterbyte to complete this dream game one day. Its in my eyes unfair what he is doing. If he is creating and selling an asset he should listen to his customers who ask for git access to current builds. Why is that not possible? 1000 other great assets can do that. No, he is asset parts of his unfinished game and we have to wait.

adndima likes this.
  30. ryandanielbarton

ryandanielbarton

Then do it yourself.

31. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

If I would have been told the next version won't be out before xmas, I wouldn't have bought it.
    I don't want a refund though, I want my promised update.
    And yes, I am spoiled.

32. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Gegebel I have UniStorm, and if it is not too much you could ask for a video tutorial or tutorial on how to implement UniStorm, thanks in advance friend.

33. gegebel

gegebel

I'm working on a tutorial for the wiki page. I just need some time. About a week.

34. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

But will you meet the deadline ??
    hahahahahahahah
    Just kidding :p:D

gegebel likes this.
  35. gegebel

gegebel

Probably not. I'm working on 2 games, helping people here and there, the wiki.
    I also have 2 kids needing lots of attention and a wife.
    If that wasn't enough, I have to prepare Beginner Unity courses for classes I will teach in the near future.

So yea, might be a little more than a week, maybe 8 days :D

36. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Gegeben, you're the best helping people

37. OfficialAshez

OfficialAshez

When is the 0.2 released?

38. OfficialAshez

OfficialAshez

Heres a few features inspired by my own mind and other games.
    Could maybe add a few of these?

• Campfire: Press "E" to turn on / off the fire.
    • Swimmable water with fish that you can hunt
    • Multiplayer / Host & Join server
    • XP & Unlock Blueprints like ARK Survival Evolved
    • Falling Tree animation when the tree has produces a certain amount of logs / wood.
    • Collectable Thatch
    • Guide on how the game works in a main menu
    • More advanced crafting like need of Metal, Gun Powder, Stone, Wood, Minerals etc.
    • More containers as Vault, Compost
    • More crafting stations as Forge, Ginder, Mortal
    • Maybe vechiles as boats etc?

VladimirGameStudio likes this.
  39. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

life is feudal, XD

40. Legend458

Legend458

Firstly, if you look at Trello, multiplayer is already coming (0.3), I think he will be adding a workbench (I believe it is 0.2), cars are coming as well (0.3), tree falling down animations are also coming (I think this is 0.2 as well).

Trello Page: https://trello.com/b/gmNow8UL/ultimate-survival

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  41. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Cool, I have classes to upload on youtube about Unity, but in my case they are in Brazilian Portuguese. :D.. I'm doing an integration between Third Person Controller (Invector) and US 0.13. I hope to finish soon.

42. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Would love to see something like this (or maybe tips) from anyone who has successfully integrated with Ootii's motion controller. I started trying to do it but threw my hands up in frustration. Of course maybe I was trying to convert too much at once since I was trying to pull my entire character rig in which also uses the Ootii camera controller and easy input assets.. lol

43. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

Does anyone have an idea why when crafting something (like the anvil), I put it in my hotbar I can then place an infinate number of objects(anvils)?

44. OfficialAshez

OfficialAshez

I've been looking there with no success of Falling trees.

45. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi guys, sorry for the pause in development for the last few days. I was struck by a terrible fever and headaches and had to stay in bed to get better.

As I said I'll get rid of any unecessary details along the way. The kit will feel more like a kit, and not like a complete game, which would've taken more time.

A few of these were done for 0.2, few will be in 0.3.

Thank you for taking the time to write the post. The primary focus was always flexibility, but I wanted to use that base we made and add a few layers so it feels more like a game (layers that can be discarded easily). That takes up a lot of time, so recently I took a step back and started to focus even more on base functionality.

Falling trees are in 0.2.

Send an e-mail to winterbyte312@gmail.com with your invoice number.

Legend458 and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  46. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

email sent, thx!

47. LittleMike

LittleMike

Quick question regarding the tree scripts. What are our options for automatic/procedural terrain generation? In other words, is it possible to use MapMagic or Gaia and still have mineable trees? If I'm not mistaken, you can't add scripts to trees made from the Unity terrain tool because they are essentially treated internally to Unity as arrays or something along those lines. So does that mean that we can only place mineable trees manually?

I did read in another thread on the forums about some hacks some people implemented, like for loops that iterated through and added empty Game Objects with the same transform as a Unity Terrain tree to get around this. That seems too clunky of a solution and more a workaround. Are there any other options?

Ideally, what I'd like is something like MapMagic where I can generate all the terrain procedurally during the design process and for actual runtime, have trees (and rocks, etc, actually. All mineable objects) that get dynamically placed around the world that will respawn.

Actually, I'd love to have it so that the dynamically placed mineable objects have randomized spawn points. This way a tree may get chopped down and when it respawns, it may be a few meters away from the previous. That's more for flavor but not a necessity. I'd be happy with a non-hacky solution to the above.

*EDIT* I should also mention that at the moment, I don't plan on having an infinite world, but may in the future, or even in a future project, so my question would apply to both "static" terrains as well as infinite.

48. OfficialAshez

OfficialAshez

Winterbyte, when can we expect 0.2?

49. Zelre

Zelre

Check the Wiki in my signature, gegebel added a modification to the Tree Manager script that allows the tree colliders from the script to align to the terrain it's placed on. Place this and set it up for 1 MapMagic terrain and all of them should work. So far I've been using it, seems to work properly. Just add a script that deactivates the Empty Tree prefab if it's not within a certain distance of the player... Helps a lot.

*Edit: Since you'll have different trees, I put a copy of each tree I wanted to use into my terrain manually, set up the colliders the way I wanted for each, and then set each tree up like the Empty Tree prefab, with the mineable tree script and that. Then I deleted the mesh filter and renderer from the tree and used that as the "Empty Tree" prefab for that specific type of tree's ID.

Just make sure your trees are not rotated or scaled by the MapMagic script if you're using a Mesh Collider, might not work so well.

erichey likes this.
  50. LittleMike

LittleMike

I'm confused. I'm not at home, so I can't check the Tree Manager script, but doesn't it iterate through the terrain trees and puts an empty GO where each tree is? That's exactly what I mentioned I was trying to find an alternative to. If that's the only way it will work because you can't add scripts to Unity's trees directly, then that's fine. I just find it to be a real sloppy solution and was looking for an alternative.

Oh, also, I do not see a signature but I saw gegebel's link to the wiki earlier, so I checked there. It creates an offset set to the transform of the terrain. I'll have to dig into that Tree Manager script later when I get a chance.

*EDIT* And @Zelre I don't mean to sound ungrateful. I thank you for the assistance. I'm just frustrated at Unity's engine and how limited the terrain functions are. I just couldn't find anything that says there is an alternative to interacting with the terrain other than these hacky methods we are using. I think uNature even does something similar to what you were saying. So I guess the short answer is that we're out of luck and these type of solutions are the only way to do it other than just not using Unity's terrain. That sucks :p

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.