Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candac59

Candac59

Hi man :)

Thank you for your quick reply. It's not that I like to spend money, but I'd like to have more complete things. I already use the first two assets (Lsky is really great!)

Why would you be more inclined to use Unistorm?

2. gegebel

gegebel

I'm using UniStorm because there was no Enviro 3 years ago :D
    I think I would still choose UniStorm today because I also use their other assets (Crux and EmeraldAI). It's easier to get everything working together if it's programmed by the same people.

Both are good I guess. Enviro might be somewhat better because of the networking possibility.

3. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Is a matter of personal taste.

In fact both give quality and the same benefits.

Although I like the quality that you get with UniStorm.

And has Snowy weather terrain shading :)

4. Candac59

Candac59

Hi and thanks you too. Oh Unistorm not networking possibility ? :(

5. gegebel

gegebel

Does UniStorm Work With Multiplayer or Online Play?

Yes, UniStorm works great with servers and clients which only requires you to access a couple variables. This has been done many times by our customers who use UniStorm for both multiplayer and mmo games. For further information or help on setting up, it is included in the documentation.

That is what you find as answer for multiplayer. I have never seen any documentation about it though. The post below is what a community member did, not sure it still works though.

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/r...storm-mobile-free.121021/page-56#post-2117019

With the UniStorm System, every player has its own weather since it's attached to the player.

I don't know how Enviro is working but I guess it's different.

6. Candac59

Candac59

Thank you, it deserves reflection. I do not have a programmer in my team yet, so it might be difficult. I will search their forums and send them a message for more information. On Trello it is worth noting "Unistorm integration" for version 0.2 and view that version 0.3 of Ultimate Survival included the multiplayer that should logically be possible if it is always acuality, maybe that Winterbyte312 can tell us more

7. MakeGames2

MakeGames2

I've never tried UniStorm or Enviro but I do like Tenkoku Dynamic Sky which I've managed to integrate into US without too much trouble. https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/34435

I'm curious though what the actual differences are when you get into them. Has anyone tried them all that has a favourite?

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  8. thenamesace

thenamesace

I own all three personal I prefer enviro I think it gives better effects unistorm is great but it's very bloated I find, and tenkoko is probably my next fav after enviro I also own there water system and they work great together! I guess it depends on personal taste and the game you are working on

9. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I use Tenkoku as well. I think Enviro is a bit more powerful but has a steeper learning curve from what I hear. But the screens I've seen posted with it are awesome. Unistorm seemed a bit bloated and when I was researching weather/day-night systems a couple years back, the author was fairly non-responsive so I passed on it. One of his other assets, EmeraldAI was the same way. I bought it and ended up shelving it in favor of ICE.

A lot of asset publishers fall into that trap and end up throwing everything and the kitchen sink into their assets. That is one thing that has me worried seeing all the water related stuff coming in 0.2 after having purchased this pack. I already have that stuff. I think what I would rather see is if the publisher wants to develop that stuff as well, develop as addons so we can purchase the pieces we need. Or at the very least, code things in a way that we can easily strip modules that we don't need out of our installs.

So far I like what I see @Winterbyte312 doing and I'll at least check out the water stuff to see if it performs better than other stuff for inland scenes with lakes/ponds/rivers/streams..

10. Saiga308

Saiga308

I have great results with:
    Enviro
    ICE
    EBS
    MSF
    Inventory Pro

I write my own camera controller and character controller. A lot of great assets out there for this, but I prefer to write my own and keep them lightweight. You can always add just the features you like from other assets this way. So if I like something from Opsive UFPS or TPS I can take the pieces and roll them in to my custom classes without bringing all the bloat with it.

I look at Ultimate Survival in this way. Winter Byte does a lot of great work on US and I plan to integrate some of the components from US in to my existing systems. For example, the throwable spear and arrows in my custom classes came from US.

11. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Definitely. I think our take aways are pretty similar. I'm not sure if I'm going to use US as a kit or not at this point. While I have thought about an apocolyptic/survival type game for years, I always seem to be drawn more to the fantasy genre similar to Skyrim, EverQuest, Lord of the Rings, etc. More D&D type. The problem is, both genres are pretty overdone.. But looking at the pack, there are enough well done systems that I want in whatever game I make that it is worth it to have the code as a launching point whether as a kit or to tie modules from the kit into a game I make with a more fantasy rpg type focus (of which I own a few of the popular ones that have been around a bit and still have others sitting in my wishlist)... My theory is you can never have too much code laying around, especially if it is something you can either A) learn from, B) use in its entirety to save from having to code something, or C) use the code as a launching point for you to pull the basics together and create something with your own twist. Who knows, combining the two genres maybe I'll come up with a zombie apocolypse of The Shire.. lol Well, it would have to be something that would avoid any kind of trademark infringements.. lol.. Just had a vision of zombie Frodo chasing Sam... BRAINSSS!!! Noooo Mr. Frodo! Nooooo!!! heheh

thenamesace likes this.
  12. thenamesace

thenamesace

lol I am from the shire ! Shropshire that is !

13. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I'm working on a little teaser video for swimming and the stuff I've been working on lately.
    I'm planning on creating a video trailer at the end of the development for the actual showcase of everything, but this one should be good enough for an update.

14. RoyS

RoyS

UniStorm also has it's own survival - if you are out in bad weather, it affects your health. So that goes along with surviving. Thanks for making this UniStorm compatible. Was excited to see that.

15. nielshenriksen

nielshenriksen

He will make that in v0.3

16. Timspurgeon

Timspurgeon

Anyone got the grapple Hook in game yet?

17. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Yeah personally I am not using the eat/sleep function as I will probably make sleep set the time later or something and will most likely make eating give the player health and/or stat boosts.

18. ChadWoodworth

ChadWoodworth

That is basically it, I think you got it.

Now I made a rope mechanic that works similar to the one from Fire Watch. It makes the player use it to go down from steep cliffs or into holes. Yours is more the Spider-Man approach. I combined swimming animations so that IK matches up to holding and climbing the rope in a more stressful motion. I can't remember were I originally got them, but I just locked the rope to the palm and twisted the hands downward and the animations worked great along with the physics. I used the actual ladder climb from Ultimate Survivor to travel along the rope. The rope attaches to minable objects with the rope mesh hidden until used.

I don't think that will help you though.

19. Timspurgeon

Timspurgeon

Oh great to know Thank you What id love to do now is have it where a grapple hook shoots out fro a gun or something

20. VladimirRad

VladimirRad

Hello Winterbyte!
    On all screenshots there are only indicators of health and energy, but there is no hunger and thirst. That is You will not do these functions in 0.2 or will you add them soon? Maybe I do not understand something?

21. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi!
    Hunger and thirst are only displayed when you open the inventory. I wanted to have the HUD cleaner by default.
    You'll be able to add them yourself if you prefer it.

22. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I struggled to record something longer but my CPU can't handle the stress and gets overloaded easily. I have to change it.

So I made a smaller video which doesn't show everything I wanted to show, but since it's called a "teaser" it should be good enough:

I'm moving to finishing all the weapons now and will show them in a video. You'll see the quality of the kit rise, as I piece everything together.

23. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Looks awesome. I think I will put 0.2 on steam and call the game "far crisis" :)

gegebel, Firesoft and Brian-Ryer like this.
  24. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

You might actually make some money if you post it first :p

Firesoft, Brian-Ryer and jesseganey like this.
  25. Brian-Ryer

Brian-Ryer

Devision4 nah mate I am gonna Flip this S*** faster, submit the video as the game :p

Firesoft likes this.
  26. Firesoft

Firesoft

Haha :D

27. Supgarn

Supgarn

@Winterbyte312
    STUFF TO DO (AFTER THE CRASH) In trello It is the last thing you will do before update 0.2 or not.

Thanks.

28. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

29. Firesoft

Firesoft

It looks so good!!
    Good Work! :)

30. JakeeYeXe

JakeeYeXe

@Winterbyte312 Looks great, are all other thinks still intigrated like building system such things?

@all other
    Anyone have a good tutorial to make a cool terrain? I have so much intigrated but my map sucks :D

31. takayamomijichirorutei

takayamomijichirorutei

i have a question about FOV.
    i typed 60,but when i press play button the FOV back to 45 everytime.
    start up in 1640x1050 i can play my arranged game with FOV45.
    but my eyes got itchy with square screen.

i read help support about camera,but i couldnt find solutions.
    do i have to change script or something?

32. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

That's awesome! :) Finally got a list. Maybe people will not stop complaining haha.

33. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

To modify the FOV, go to Male_Player/Look Root --> FP Manager script.

Yes they are, will show them soon as well.

34. zvckisonfire

zvckisonfire

Is weapon implementation easier in 0.2?

35. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Hello @Winterbyte312 , I was just wondering.

How does your Building System compare to using other 3rd part assets like uConstruct or EasyBuild system? Surely I should use other assets to compliment this one right as those are developers solely focused on that single aspect of the game?

36. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I haven't played with it yet, but from the videos it looks like the US system is pretty well done. And from watching the videos from @TheMessyCoder, it looks like it is pretty easy to add and socket new building pieces to create new blueprints as well. The only thing I'm not sure about is how hard it would be to add new building piece types, although not sure what they would be.

37. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yep. Not a gigantic difference but yes.
    The main feature I'm proud of is the spring system which makes the weapons move realistically and look like they have mass. Overall, yes, it's easier.

Unfortunately 0.2 doesn't bring the building system I've had in mind for this update. My partner made some useful changes but not what I had in mind initially (he worked on the build sys and AI like he did in 0.1).
    That being said, I have plans on implementing a radically different building system which will allow really fast creation and manipulation of pieces -- in 0.3. And at that point, I think our system will be suited for the majority of users. Until then, those dedicated systems will surpass ours in the flexibility and ease of use aspect + they have a little bit more features.

38. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Alright thanks that summed it up. Can't wait to see 0.2! :)

Edit: Oh, and do you have any plans to make any more Fantasy oriented weapons? Like more variety for melee (Spears, Swords, Axes, Maces) and maybe staves?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    VladimirRad likes this.
  39. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

New axe and spear + mace and machete coming in 0.2.

40. gegebel

gegebel

So the big building update is not coming. Anything else being pushed to 0.3 ?

41. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Who said we're gonna have a big update for it though? It was something I personally wanted but didn't put on Trello, I hoped I'd have time to work on it.

We haven't pushed anything to 0.3, on the contrary, since that crash we've added more things.

BackwoodsGaming and Firesoft like this.
  42. gegebel

gegebel

You told me. I asked you about the building system because it was problematic and you told me it would be changed for 0.2 anyway. Now it's not. It's ok, I understand.
    Of course I can't know what you had in mind as you told me about it, but I can't even know what is oin 0.2 now since I haven't seen it, so I'll just wait.
    In the meantime, I'll work on my own stuff.

43. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

It's changed -- as in the workflows are a bit improved, etc. What I meant about the "big building update" is a completely different approach which I would've liked to implement but didn't have the time. :)

BackwoodsGaming and Firesoft like this.
  44. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

@Winterbyte312 0.2 looks great! I just wish you could have included some of the other weapons and reload animations for them. Can't wait though!

45. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I'm working on them, I will show all the weapons in the next video. + their reload animations.

jessejarvis and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  46. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

wooooow this looks real good
    cant wait to 0.2 to come out

47. Zelre

Zelre

Made some progress with Ultimate Survival using this. Thank you.

For everyone else here's what I did to damage AI using the above method with any weapon (not just arrows and wooden spears:

Step 1: Set your Emerald AI onto the "Entity" Layer
    Step 2: Change your Emerald AI's layer to "Entity" in the AI Config
    Step 3: Adjust the Collider on the AI's main GameObject to act like a HitBox (should be a box collider on the Skeleton model by default)
    *Main GameObject = Same GameObject your Emerald AI script is on.
    Step 4: Add the Ultimate Survival "Ragdoll" Script to the AI's main GameObject
    Step 5: Setup the Ragdoll script as follows:
    Pelvis: AI's main GameObject
    Normal Layer: HitBox
    Ragdoll Layer: Default
    Surface: Assign one, any will do for demo purposes
    Tick yes for auto assign hitboxes.
    Step 6: Add a HitBox script to AI's main GameObject
    Step 7: Follow gegebel's code:
    Experiment a bit if it doesn't work, but your Ultimate Survival player should now be able to kill the Emerald AI with any weapon (add more hitboxes to make it better)

Now the only problem I'm having is that I have no idea how to get the AI to damage the player... If anyone else can figure this out for us then we basically have Ultimate Survival and Emerald AI integrated...
    ######EDIT: I forgot to say you need to add the AI Event Handler component to the AI!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    Apposl, RobsonFMaciel, uni7y and 2 others like this.
  48. Old_Wolf

Old_Wolf

Did we get placement for crafted items at least? That was my one wish...

49. ChadWoodworth

ChadWoodworth

Not really a tutorial, but the asset https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/47726 can be manipulated with unity (any version) for huge open worlds. A place to start.
    openworldtest_07.png openworldtest_01.png

Attached Files:

SirTwistedStorm likes this.
  50. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

Not sure if you already resolved this but there was a bug in Unity UI that screwed up scrolled windows, I think it got fixed in 5.6.1 but cannot remember exactly. It caused the same problem that you are describing. Hope that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.