Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

The asset is in the Complete Projects/Templates category -- so that's the point, creating a game template.
    I enjoy adding all the details that a complete game requires as well as making it flexible, clean, etc. The goal is to show how you can create a complete game but at the same time keep the systems flexible.

I'm not targetting anything atm, working as fast as possible to have it done faster. As videos get posted (After being satisfied with a certain system I'll post it from now on), I'll have a better idea.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  2. Firesoft

Firesoft

Youre not giving dates anymore haha :D:D
    Good Decision :p

3. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I'm currently working on overhauling the swimming & water system. They need more details & features.

Feature list that will be showcased in the video:
    - Buoyancy system -- DONE
    - Easy manipulation of water volumes -- DONE
    - Underwater fog -- DONE
    - Underwater bubble spawner
    - Fish bank AI -- ALMOST DONE
    - First Person animations - DONE
    - Oxygen -- DONE
    - Swimming sounds + underwater sounds
    - Splash particles
    - Bullet impact FX (+ sound) -- DONE
    - Drowning sounds
    - Catch breath sounds + Camera effect
    - Subtle camera shakes when swimming
    - Water ambient sound -- DONE

I'll post the video tomorrow.

4. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Thanks for sharing. Take some of the anxiety out of waiting. Glad to see your dedication. :)

5. wizard40

wizard40

Wow, Many features for version 0.2
    I can't imagine version 1.0

6. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

We can forget 0.1, because 0.2 is another active and infinitely better.

7. Firesoft

Firesoft

He meant v1.0 not 0.1 (Full Version) :D

8. Firesoft

Firesoft

Wow. This is just so cool! :)
    Im happy you are doing such an good work!

TheMessyCoder likes this.
  9. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

I confused :p, but it will also be fantastic. :D

Firesoft likes this.
  10. Firesoft

Firesoft

Haha :D

11. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

That's awesome, I am really impressed with the amount of work you have done. Although I feel now like it's less of a template and more of a game. Many of those things I already have handled by other fully dedicated assets (Buoyancy, Water Volumes, Underwater Fog/Bubbles/FIsh Bank AI) etc. Although it's good to know that at least I'll be able to implement them officially/easier so it's not a nuisance :p

Good job! Can't wait to see it. Also can't wait to see the first person animations! xD

I am personally making an RPG akin to the Elder Scrolls series. With Survival aspects, etc. So melee/bow is great for me. I'll have to find and hire somebody for magic fps animations lol. Who does your animations? Yourself or do you hire a freelancer?

He is saying that if 0.2 is so awesome, then when the future fully release 1.0 version comes along he can't imagine how awesome THAT will be.

Firesoft likes this.
  12. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I can animate as well, but since there was 3x as much work to be done in 0.2 than in 0.1 I hired someone so I could focus on other aspects.

Firesoft likes this.
  13. gegebel

gegebel

I'm using a Kinect v2 with Cinema Mocap 2 for animations. It's really easy to use and you have the animations you need within minutes.
    Of course it costs a bit, but Kinect v2 cost only $140 with adapter. How much does an animator cost ?

uni7y likes this.
  14. erichey

erichey

Looking forward to the video! Thanks, Winterbyte!

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  15. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Touchè, touchè.. Good point.

I'll take a look into it.

16. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

If you want I give you a price

http://www.animo3d.com/

:)

a greeting.

jesseganey and gegebel like this.
  17. RCTW

RCTW

Fishes?

18. MarcopoloR

MarcopoloR

Not sure how I feel about this. Much of this I already have and would have helped make my game stand out from all the asset flips I am sure this will generate. If people want a water and buoyancy system they can buy playway or aquas or some other water system with your asset. There are also fish assets they can buy including mine. However, asset flippers would be too lazy to even do that much, but now you are basically giving it to them so they literally have to do no extra work to actually put out a decent looking game. It may be a decent game but it will flood the marked with a zillion clones making it hard for anyone who wants to make a similar, but still more in depth and unique survival game.

CaptainMurphy likes this.
  19. gegebel

gegebel

Why are you all so scared about asset flippers ? You think your game is not good enough to stand out? maybe you gotta ask yourself how you can stand out. It might be Story, graphics, setting...There are lots of ways to make your game feel unique, but apparently, the fear of asset flippers is bigger.

The more the better, at least it will be a challenge.

CaptainMurphy and jessejarvis like this.
  20. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Ah... thank you..

21. MarcopoloR

MarcopoloR

I am not particularly scared of individual asset flippers, more the Steam store getting overwhelmed and flooded with asset flips. That is not good for any honest game developer.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  22. MarcopoloR

MarcopoloR

One thing that strikes me about this scene is that looks a little like voxel terrain, the way it is shaped.

The other question I have is with the save/load system. How extendable is it? Will it be easy and flexible enough to save assets that are not included in 2.0 or modified versions of the game?

23. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

It is probably a Voxeland map.

24. TechSins

TechSins

Once these are done is that 0.2 ready for release?

25. Saiga308

Saiga308

It didn't stop the 7 Days to Die, Rust, The Forest, etc., from being successful. A lot of those use Photon, uSky, Time of Day, etc. Yet they made a unique product that towers over all the asset flipped nonsense. If you genuinely have a good product, all the other stuff out there won't stand a chance. Honestly this whole asset flipping talk is just getting completely old. If you feel that the asset you are buying on the asset store is going to be largely used to asset flip and that is going to somehow cause your project not to be successful, or as successful, you really should ditch the project and move on to something else. There are dozens of successful titles on steam that utilize the core UFPS scripts, but don't use the artwork or other components. I have UMA, Aquas, Enviro, and a few other asset store items implemented in my current working title. If I'm original enough, I can make a title that will stand out and be of my own design. Core game mechanics are used over and over in all games. ARK, Rust, The Forest, 7 Days, Grav, Space Engineers, etc. They all have 50-75% of the same game mechanics, yet they stand apart from each other. Look at Punch-out vs Mike Tysons Punch-out, hell that was just a reskin, and Mike Tysons Punch-out sold over 3 million copies. Move on or bite the bullet and finish your super awesome polished product that is impacted by asset flippers. :rolleyes:

26. NFX1G

NFX1G

Check all asset flip games on steam market, all of them are not sucessful, so with or without them, im pretty sure "honest game developper" dont really care about that. As @Saiga308 said, if YOUR game is unique and original why would you care about "Asset flippers" ?

27. SpinFire

SpinFire

Will there be Punching when no weapon is equipped, also would be nice if there leaning like the new shooters/ survivals. Cant wait for the water and swimming, also the menu keep up the great work. Much Appreciated, Thanks!

28. Victor_cross

Victor_cross

Is it worth buying the v0.1 or should I wait for the v0.2

29. uni7y

uni7y

You better buy it now, the 0.2 version will be more expensive like 50 USD

30. Victor_cross

Victor_cross

Has the dev given a date for when v0.2 is to be released?
    And the extra $ is worth it. As it would save me a lot of time working with water assets.

31. uni7y

uni7y

32. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi all.

Jim Sterling's recent video and the last week's activity on this thread inspired me to record my own opinions and a message to some people.

Much love. Share the positive energy.

33. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Amazing work man. Don't forget to eat and sleep

Firesoft and Supgarn like this.
  34. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Simple AI for groups of them moving around.

We use cliff models, it's not an infinite terrain.

Yes we have punching animations implemented, will be showcased in a video after this one.

No, but I'll post all that's left after the next video.

Depends on what you need for your game. Check out the list of features, and also these videos to give you an idea if it's a good fit for you:

35. Supgarn

Supgarn

@Winterbyte312 Why 0.2 is very slow i wait 3 months or more . Before you say end of july. Can you tell me the
    exact date for 0.2 ? Please

Thank You.:(

36. Supgarn

Supgarn

37. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

People!!! Asset publishers don't just crap out code.. It takes time! Coding, fixing, testing, fixing, coding more, testing.. It will be done when it's done! Quit asking for dates. Have you ever thought that the more you ask for dates and @Winterbyte312 has to respond, that is less time that they can code? :p Coding takes time and on top of that, S*** happens in life that prevents you from coding 24/7.. Relax already! heheh

38. Supgarn

Supgarn

o_O I know i'am a Java programmer but i wait very very very long time. i just need to make my game to finish :p

39. LittleMike

LittleMike

He already mentioned that he's finishing up some things first. Please read earlier in the thread. He said he will post on Trello when it is completed. There is no estimate.

My advice is to learn C# (as a Java programmer, it's a pretty easy transition) and finish it on your own. If you can't do that, then you will just have to wait like the rest of us. I'm not trying to be mean, but your question was already answered as best as we will get an answer for.

jesseganey likes this.
  40. arie1994

arie1994

We were promised a release 10 days ago. This is unprofessional - S*** happens, but it's not our problem.

41. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Its called a dev cycle and QA. actually it is your problem and all our problem if code is released with bugs. It means it either wont get accepted on the asset store, or we cant use the asset because it has bugs.

42. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

So 0.2 is bugfree at release! Thats nice!

43. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Nothing unprofessional about it at all. @Winterbyte312 is giving status updates. The only problem I see is that a projected release date was giving and people assuming that date was gospel. If you have ever worked with software development you should be familiar with things not making their projected release date. They generally never do. If they do in your world then you live on a different one than I do. I've worked in IS and IT for 30 years and I've yet to see a project completed on time (or on budget). And those are big money projects. Here you are talking about an indie developer who probably made that projected date before losing his partner temporarily working on a huge update on a huge project that you got for under $100. Also the asset was only initially released in March from what I'm seeing on AS. For the size of the update, I wouldn't have expected it before November/December time frame.. If even then.

+1

franky_li likes this.
  44. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Nothing is ever bug free... But it shouldn't be bug-ridden...

TheMessyCoder likes this.
  45. arie1994

arie1994

partner is dead- hire a new one.
    update too big- make it smaller- release only the important things.
    and November/December?!:eek: @Winterbyte312 - if so - i need too buy a different asset- it will destroy my schedule.

46. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Of course not December. Should be sometimes this month, sooner or later. I will let you know as I post videos in the coming days. After this one from today I'll update Trello. Just so you know.

jesseganey likes this.
  47. arie1994

arie1994

sounds reasonable - thank you.

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  48. Molund

Molund

Asset flippers without game developer experience be mad

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  49. Candac59

Candac59

50. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Friend if you want something free I recommend you merge

Https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/71422
    Https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/85665
    https://github.com/SlightlyMad/AtmosphericScattering
    https://github.com/SlightlyMad/VolumetricLights

You are going to get something good and free, but if you still want to spend money I would lean towards Unistorm

a greeting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.