Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firesoft

Firesoft

Ohh Molotov. I think Im in love! :p
    Amazing! ok

2. Firesoft

Firesoft

You can remove Voxeland Integration from 0.2.1 :D Just seen it

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  3. Firesoft

Firesoft

Btw. I just played 0.1. I dont know if you already seen or fixed it. But when I open the Inventory and want to add something to my inventory by the cheats list. It just bugs out. This happened in Update 0.1.3.

EDIT: I mean the hole Inventory bugs out. No exiting or closing. Nothing works then.

4. gegebel

gegebel

We don't talk about bugs, it's all working fine, there'S no need for 0.2 /sarcasm off

CaptainMurphy likes this.
  5. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I haven't checked 0.13 out. The Voxeland integration was done by my dear partner, he might've not checked everything, or.. in case you're using 2017.1 it might only work with Unity 5.5 / 5.6.

I'd say try Unity 5.6 since we don't have 2017.1 support yet. We're developing 0.2 in 2017.1.

6. Firesoft

Firesoft

Yeah I have Unity 5.6.0f3

7. gegebel

gegebel

I have reported this bug since 0.12

8. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Have you started sending 0.2 out to people who provide you with invoices numbers yet? Fine if not just wondering if you've gotten my email or PM.

Firesoft likes this.
  9. Firesoft

Firesoft

0.2 is not finished yet.

10. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Everyone that sent messages with the invoice number is now on a list. I couldn't reply to all of them since I've received 100+

Will send it when it's ready. I'll try to post some videos and update the Trello roadmap so anyone interested can check the progress.

11. Firesoft

Firesoft

Really so much? hahah :D

12. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

After reading through parts of the thread and ignoring all the drama, I was getting ready to purchase but paused when I saw this. Are you planning to continue to support 5.6 or is 0.2 going to require everyone to jump to 2017? I'm not a fan of being forced to stay bleeding edge. Every new version has a tendency to break things. Hopefully the goal will be to support a range of the most common Unity versions currently in use and not force users to continually upgrade. Those of us who use assets, for whatever reason which whatever that reason is really isn't anyone's concern but our own for all of you causing drama here. Generally, we aren't just using your asset and from what I hear there are or were a lot of assets that were broke in 2017 because of shaders and some other things. Not really sure since I'd probably still be on 5.6.1 if I hadn't been forced to upgrade because of an asset I'm helping beta that is dependent on instancing in 5.6.2.

So mainly just curious on your stance with Unity versions and how/if you plan on supporting different versions or if you are going to force Unity updates with each major release of Ultimate Survival.

13. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I see. Yeah this is an issue I've been thinking about. And I want, for example, by the time 2017.3 comes out, Ultimate Survival to work in 2017.1, 2017.2, 2017.3. --- I'm planning on supporting as wide of a range as possible in the future, as opposed to what happened with U.S 0.1.
    We'll only drop support for an inferior version if we really need features from the most recent Unity version.

But, I see you want to use Unity 5.6 -- we won't support 5.6 for U.S 0.2. Only 2017.1 upwards.

Saiga308 and Firesoft like this.
  14. Firesoft

Firesoft

I shall Update my Unity :D

15. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Just reading some of the 0.2.1 planned stuff and have a few questions.

1) By "Area of Interest" do you mean something like walking into an area and a message pops up saying something like "Keeper's Watch" as an area?

2) The door kills people? Eh? Lol.

3) A compass like Skyrim, or a compass like what I take out of my pocket when I go camping?

4) What would the RFPS example be? Don't US and RFPS kind of conflict with each other? Could I maybe use RFPS animations with US for combat (melee/bow)?

That's all thanks.

16. Saiga308

Saiga308

Please don't forget about the Platform #define directives, this could allow you to support both 5.6 and 2017+.
    #if UNITY_5_5 || UNITY_5_6_0 || UNITY_5_6_1
    #endif

Personally I'm a fan of using the latest Unity, not Beta, but the latest stable. However continuing support for 5.6 through version 0.3 would probably be a good idea from a sales perspective. There are a lot of users holding out on earlier versions of Unity. I still see a lot of 5.5 users.

17. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi. It looks some implemented features were moved to 0.2.1, not sure who did that. I'll clean it up.
    We won't have RFPS support, too many conflicts.
    Compass that you hold in your hands.
    Actually "Area Of Interest" in that context is an optimisation technique for the building system.
    Yeah the door killed the player in 0.1, rarely.

Firesoft likes this.
  18. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Haha I'd love to see the player die by a door. Reminds me of Skyrim with all the whacky bowl/props physics. Walk into a room everything flies and kills me. Epic.

Yeah I thought so about RFPS, I mean it's like integrating Mac with Windows.

That's okay about the Compass anyways because I already have an Asset that does that for me, I mean the map one not the hand one.

Okay so, Area of Interest as it where optimally to build?

19. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Note: keep all posts A) civil and B) on topic.
    This is getting old, this thread practically gets reports every day, so, anyone misbehaving in this thread will lose their permissions to respond permanently.

Carry on.

20. Firesoft

Firesoft

The Killer Door hahahaha :D

NFX1G likes this.
  21. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I can respect that. Unfortunately you will alienate a huge part of the Unity community by eliminating 5.6. The last graph the asset store team shared with published showed 5.6 use still ahead of 2017 versions by leaps and bounds.

This would be an awesome idea! If you would be open to do this, I'd be willing to be a 5.6 guinea pig/tester and let you know parts that don't function in 5.6 so you can add directives.

There is actually enough in 0.1 to make this worth the current price. So I'm going to go ahead and grab. I'll toss you my invoice number after purchase and if you wanna take me up on assistance for testing down with the earlier version, I'd be happy to help out.. PM incoming shortly... :)

22. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

That could simply be the result of existing products continuing to use the last known stable version. With an asset like this I would find that it would be used in the latest version moreso than a legacy one since it would be the base of a whole new project and not just an asset that get dragged/dropped in.

23. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Whether new or old project, if you need to use other assets you could still run into other issues if you push past the most commonly used Unity version, which right now is still 5.6. And I'm not suggesting new versions not be supported, just not pushing so far ahead in the lowest version supported that you cut off potential customer base. Right now 5.6 is fairly stable whereas I'm still hearing of people having issues with 2017.1. So new development I do will still be 5.6 because it is stable. That's a lot of folks preference instead of not knowing when a newer version may or may not be stable. Maybe that's part of my being an old fart though. heheh

24. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Changing engine version in development isnt a good idea... just sayin...

25. wizard40

wizard40

Just a question

Can you have more than one unity version at the same time?

26. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yes. When you install the second version, make sure to change the install path so it doesn't overwrite the previous one.

27. wizard40

wizard40

Thanks, currently I have 5.6 now I'm going to download 2017.1 too

28. SocketByte

SocketByte

The only problem I had with 2017 version is rapidly changing platforms from Mac OS to Linux to Windows (or just Linux to Windows and then to Linux etc) causes weird scene crashes and Unity reset is the only option, but I don't know if this also happens on 5.6. Other than that it's an amazing update with amazing features, and I don't see any reasons to NOT update your Unity app.

29. Candac59

Candac59

Hi @Winterbyte312

I know that this issue may cause the wrath of a part of the community but I try it because it's difficult to past a hundred times on the forum hoping have an answer to this question: Upload of version 0.2 is a matter of hours, days or weeks ?

30. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

It's not a matter of hours, and probably not a matter of days. If it helps: I'm working on a few mechanics so I can showcase them in a video soon. After that I will update the Trello page where we have the roadmap, with the things I still have to do. Then you can have an idea of the progress and possible upload date.

I'm working alone atm, unfortunately. Doing my best to have it done as soon as possible though.

31. Candac59

Candac59

Great this already gives me an idea. Thank you for your quick reply and wish you good luck I know that it is not easy to work alone for a while and manage the impatience of a community. It's cool to update the table on trello thanks for the effort.

32. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

In my case, the problem is that I use a lot of assets and some of them still do not work correctly in the new version. :(
    But I agree with you, they are meaningful and great updates. :)

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  33. Old_Wolf

Old_Wolf

Need to upgrade for the better UNET support anyway. And it's a much nicer loading image...that counts :)

34. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Haha true that!

I've done that myself. I had 5.4, 5.6 and 2017 but I removed 5.5 and 5.6 for the greater benefits.

That... is awesome. First time I've actually seen a Moderator post on a topic I've been on. Usually it's somebody else's and not something I actually use lol. Good job, I was hoping somebody would step in, and it's pretty funny that Unity was receiving reports almost every day xD

Yes that is true, and many assets use this. Normally it's shaders or scripting extensions for various reasons, but also remember that doing stuff like that is a huge strain on the developers themselves, @Winterbyte312 in this case.

35. JakeeYeXe

JakeeYeXe

Where i habe to send my invoice ?

36. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Firesoft likes this.
  37. JakeeYeXe

JakeeYeXe

thanks, i see in your screenshots there is a new island... Damn im working for month on a cool island and you have right now a F***ing amazing one o_O

38. psyspy

psyspy

Did your partner (as far as I remember you had one, right?) leave you or is he just taking a brake? It's really amazing that you are doing all the stuff alone. Hopefully will stay motivated.

39. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

He hasn't left, he says a family member of his unfortunately suffered a car accident.

40. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

Same here, over 25 years of software development experience but rubbish at art! I have used blender a bit and can honestly say I swear more at that tool than any other, probably lack of patience with it. I have tweaked some animations but nothing clever.
    There are a lot of artists selling assets on the store just pick some of those up if you need to. You are in a position if you have the coding skills to make a much better game, I switched to US fairly late on but added trading, friendly NPCs, a faction system, a mission system, new AI, destructible environments none of which required any 3D skills. Unfortunately a lot of the idiots who use the term asset flip only look at the UI and models which as we know is a very small part of what is actually going on, just have to try to ignore them and hope common sense prevails.
    One of the advantages of being a coder is that you can fix any bugs as they appear and add more gameplay mechanics requested by your customers. For me, although I am biased, gameplay is far more important than the 3D models, although we all like things to look nice as well!

41. psyspy

psyspy

Oh, sorry to hear that. Hopefully he will return soon - or you get help by someone else so that you won't be slowed down to much.

42. Firesoft

Firesoft

Ohh :/

43. RCTW

RCTW

Will you be able to change the particles on the explosions?

44. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yes.

45. Supgarn

Supgarn

When you will update ultimate survival to 0.2 .

Thanks.

46. Firesoft

Firesoft

You already asked that question like 2 days ago?
    He is making the video atm and will then Update trello. After that we will see how long it will take :)

47. RCTW

RCTW

I think this asset is worth it to buy, And if you wait for 2.0 now and you did not buy it i think you did not read the unity asset page 2.0 is gonna be more expensive then 1.0.

I still have one question, Will 2.0 cost extra money, For the people who bought 1.0

48. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

No, free upgrades.

49. gegebel

gegebel

50. recon0303

recon0303

I personally never touch any of Unity new versions due to issues, for the last few years, I'm on 5.6 and I just updated.. We are a small company, and they did a poll, some where, showing what most Unity users are using, and its 5.6. Just a heads up. Either way best of luck. with the tool!

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.