Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

Not a lot to discuss when there hasn't been anything new to the asset in months but bad news.

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  2. OkeanixTR

OkeanixTR

People saying make unique game but i wanna talk about Mobile Platform.

Mobile Platform is garbage everyone knows that 0.2 adding little buttons and little optimization just make it worse. Even how much you work and make your game unique it does not matter on mobile market.

Quantity always more important than Quality in mobile market. With this new mobile support at lest 1.000 people/800 of them CRACKED) going to publish exact game and people eventually get bored of survival games or any kind of this games. Even how hard you change it they will earn more money from you because as i said before quality is not important on Mobile Market.

Think about it even you make awesome game from this asset with new models new animations new map new items etc does not matter people going to download first game they saw and that game will asset-flip and supported with a lot of money (Fake Reviews, Ads etc.) That eventually push back real developers.

I don't want really 0.2 i am the only one happy with asset delay. Adding New AI, Animals, Items, GUI, Map, Save&Load too easy. I saw a lot of asset-flippers want mobile support here even you can't add one button and choose sprite from editor than add button function to PlayerInputHandler sorry but i don't want your asset-flip game on market.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  3. Saiga308

Saiga308

To be honest, it would be very hard to have a decent forward thinking discussion at this point on Discord with the majority of users.

4. Saiga308

Saiga308

I challenge all owners of this asset that are not already actively contributing in a positive way to this thread/asset (including myself) to post some good tutorials or discussions that can take the CURRENT asset beyond what it already is, instead of waiting for the dev to take it a direction you may or may not like.

For example, currently I'm working on UNET/MSF and UMA integration, I have synced UMAs running around with a custom third person camera system. I can change their clothes (thanks @TheMessyCoder ), and am currently working on adding slots for Weapons and moving on to full inventory integration. I've scrapped the US building system in favor of EBS, but it is currently not synced over the network. I'm completely replacing the existing character system with a custom brew UMA system, kind of like Reign of Kings. I'm keeping the US inventory/UI system, the AI system (potentially to be swapped out with with ICE), and pretty much everything else. I'll integrate any 0.2 enhancements that benefit my project, even if it is a rewrite. WinterByte has a lot of good stuff in US, the whole reason I bought the project in the first place. I especially like the throwable weapons, absolutely awesome.

Once I think I'm in a good spot I'll work on some tutorials for the community. So stay positive, some of us in the community care about this asset and its future more than just, "when is the next version coming out".

5. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

In my opinion, I as a 3D modeler, what I'm not going to do is buy 3d models, but as I do not program I need the help of an asset like this to test my 3D models, that for that I do this, I do not know if I You understand, it's like one of you is a mechanic and your car is damaged and you take it to a workshop to have it repaired. I do not want to get mean to anyone but the point is that there must always be someone complaining about something, instead thanking and appreciating the meaning of things.

Brian-Ryer likes this.
  6. Saiga308

Saiga308

Exactly what I'm talking about. If you need help with programming to test your 3D art, then post your issues, concerns, or shortcomings here and hopefully some of us can assist. If you are waiting for this asset to be updated so you can test your 3D art for its intended use, then be patient. However, in my opinion, that's like working in a call center and counting on a bonus check to pay rent when you haven't reached bonus quota yet. o_O

Brian-Ryer likes this.
  7. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

I have no idea what you mean . As a member of the discord I am not sure if I should be offended :O

It has always been pretty quiet on the discord and for some reason there are two discards. One by Winterbyte and another one. So gets confusing. Oh and Winterbyte has never really used it only occasionally. I imagine due to his poor net connectivity

About tutorials, I would love to see some more. There already is a great one showing how to get third person controller in if people are looking for one. And another for voxeland.

I am delaying my own 3rd person tutorial until after 0.2 (pause for the comments)
    And this weekend I add a new one :)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    The_Uber_Rasta likes this.
  8. Saiga308

Saiga308

No sir, I would love to chat with you on Discord. I said "the majority of users", which does not include yourself. I'm saying there are a lot of negative users on here, and I'm sure most of them would never pop in to Discord so I guess my argument is invalid. I guess what i'm saying is it would be very unfortunate for the negativity of a lot of these users to carry over to Discord leading to very unproductive conversations. LOL, I guess I sound negative too. Anyway, moving on. I'm looking forward to your next tutorial.

TheMessyCoder likes this.
  9. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Well there are a few on discord who like to vent also. Why not pop in and say hello.

The more people who use the discord channel and engage the better.

https://discord.gg/ErNgA33

10. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

I would like to enter the disc, but I do not know English, I translate it with goolge

11. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

since the deadline is reached soon I would expect more information from winterbyte regarding the status quo, time schedule, implemented features, removed features? Why no status update? How will customer receive the asset before asset review? Why no GIT or something where he can manage the access and ppl could download the project?

12. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Just 1 point from someone who has no real affiliation to Winterbyte.
    Why no git: because no one purchased a project on git. It was purchased via the asset store, so expect updates via the asset store.

"Oh but other asset creators provide a git repo." If that is what you are requiring I would suggest to stick to buying assets from them.

The deadlines from Winterbyte are self imposed. So he set himself end of July and then to upload to asset store. Hopefully that would be met.

But to be honest when we buy assets on the store, you are advised not to look at the wish list or future features promises. You are buying that current version. If that's not want you want, you shouldn't buy it. It's a gamble.

The devs have proven that they update their assets. Just slowly for some. However looks fast to me. They just are really really bad as planning, estimating and communicating their plan.

13. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi, we're coming to a close and we'll start posting screenshots with every system starting today or tomorrow.
    I'm doing my best to finish it and first of all -> provide it for the people that bought it initially and kept this forum and community alive as we were developing 0.2.

Anyone wanting 0.2 please send an e-mail at winterbyte312@gmail.com, or a PM here. (with the invoice number).
    I'll send it before sending it to the review team. Just send an e-mail and when it's ready I'll send a link there.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  14. uni7y

uni7y

Email send :)

15. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

I get (Order ID) no (Invoice Number)

16. Weblox

Weblox

@WinterByte Awesome work! Just encountered the new swimming Screens on the first post and they really look great. Love to play with the new demo, but I can wait for the store update. :D

Thanks and keep up the good work!

17. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

You can send the .PDF file you received when you bought the asset.

Firesoft, Will-D-Ramsey and Weblox like this.
  18. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

I'm getting in touch with the support because I can download it and they charged the transaction, but they did not send the invoice.

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  19. arie1994

arie1994

Hi
    how did you synced UMA character with first person? is the first person hands change when you change uma hands? My problem is that each weapon has its own hands in fp and i want to use uma in fp and 3rdP.

20. gegebel

gegebel

All you have to do is to put the weapons in the hands of the UMA 3rd Person and enable/disable them.
    FP with UMA is just another perspective. You could just replace the Head with a Camera, for example.

21. arie1994

arie1994

thank you for your reply- but than how do i deal with rigging and animations like reload-now, my weapon has its own hands and bones for moving weapon parts- what do i need to separate and how... this is confusing

22. gegebel

gegebel

You need an animation on your 3rd P char doing the reload, animations on weapons is only good for 1stP.

23. Hoonbag

Hoonbag

Sent an email @Winterbyte312
    hope to here back from you soon thanks once again awesome work :)

24. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

PM sent.

25. jesseganey

jesseganey

I sent my email. Cant wait to start tinkering with new version.

26. Candac59

Candac59

Hi everyone !

I sent mail too. And me too i can't wait :p
    I have a question, can we know somewhere how many people we buy the asset ?

A big thank you to all the winterbyte team for the quality of the work provided.

Firesoft likes this.
  27. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Invoice sent in email

28. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Are you asking to know how many people purchased this asset? Hehe do you work for the tax man?

Well you can see how popular it is

http://unitybuzz.com/stats/assets/Ultimate_Survival/

29. grosgames

grosgames

Mail send yeah

30. zenGarden

zenGarden

I hope you'll go for a lower scope about 0.3 allowing faster releases ?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  31. Saiga308

Saiga308

I'm not doing first person my game. If you want to use UMA for both first person and third person you will need to get rid of any arms on your existing weapon models, redo your animations reload animations for humanoid and apply them to the UMA character via the animation controller. The other way would be to hide the UMA in first person and show your first person hands/weapons, then hide the first person stuff when switched to third person and show the UMA instead. But, you are going to run in to a whole set of other inconsistencies doing it that way (i.e. clothing not matching, arms not looking the same, etc). I would personally go for the over the shoulder camera like Gears of War and stay far away from first person/third person mix with UMA, that's a big task to take on for someone with limited skills.

32. VladimirRad

VladimirRad

Привет, мы подошли к концу, и мы начнем публикацию скриншотов с каждой системой, начиная с сегодняшнего дня или завтра.
    Я делаю все возможное, чтобы закончить его, и в первую очередь -> предоставить его людям, которые его купили на начальном этапе, и поддержали этот форум и сообщество живыми, когда мы разрабатывали 0.2.

Любой, кто хочет 0.2, отправьте электронное письмо по адресу winterbyte312@gmail.com или PM здесь. (С номером счета-фактуры).
    Я отправлю его, прежде чем отправить его в обзорную группу. Просто отправьте электронное письмо, и когда он будет готов, я пришлю туда ссылку.

Спасибо, Уинтербайт!

33. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yes, we'll focus on MP so we can release it faster, since that's what a lot of people wanted out of Ultimate Survival.

danreid70 likes this.
  34. Supgarn

Supgarn

Hello @Winterbyte312 I thing photon bolt will help you make multiplayer faster than unet

35. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

NO please not some thirdparty server ware....

36. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Perhaps, but third party solutions come and go, are unstable, and usually have a smaller community than Unity's built-in components. I think UNET is the best for such an asset.

37. alejandronop

alejandronop

Hello @Winterbyte312,
    Forge Networking Remastered has become open source and is easy to use.

38. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

39. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

Completely agree, at least start with the Unity built-in and then consider other asset integrations if requested as you do with other integration requests.

40. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

41. gegebel

gegebel

How is a Third-Party asset going to be faster than built-in ? Unet integration is easy and accessible to everyone. Easy tutorials to learn from and free.
    While you are at it, make a list of every single asset you own and ask @Winterbyte312 to do your job.
    It was never the scope it has become now, which is the reason why 0.2 is still not released. Too many people asking to integrate things.

@Winterbyte312 please stick to your plan and stop adding stuff. Just get your list done, there is always time for more later.

42. grosgames

grosgames

I hope you sent it today . So i can play This weekend.. are you my hero today @Winterbyte312 ?

43. RemitPrime

RemitPrime

Use whatever you want (unet , forge etc)

but please do not use photon , its really bad to work with them

44. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I'm sorry :( we still have work to do, we're fighting with the last 5-10%.
    Docs, polishing, commenting, merging. We're close.

45. Candac59

Candac59

Hi @Winterbyte312

Is it easy to integrate "Emerald AI" with Ultimate Survival when we have little programming skills? I know this is scheduled for version 0.21 but I would have liked to know if someone had already done it and provided some explanations see plainly a tutorial.

46. grosgames

grosgames

Ahh no hard feelings i can wait

47. UltraTM

UltraTM

For sure its interesting. But when the community stops working on it its not nice again.

I would also suggest to use Unet since its in unity a will always be there and being update itself for unity versions and so.

AngryPixelUnity and Firesoft like this.
  48. Firesoft

Firesoft

We shall wait.

Can you give us some screenshots or a short Video? :D

mhm, I shall eat an apple.

Johns_Art likes this.
  49. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

That's what I said as well :)

Will do.

I'd say you need beginner to intermediate skills. But you can send us an e-mail if you get stuck.

Firesoft likes this.
  50. Supgarn

Supgarn

Where new screenshot please?

danreid70 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.