Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gegebel

gegebel

yes

2. TechSins

TechSins

When is 0.2 coming? Can't wait for swimming

3. sipps

sipps

Haha I have not found it yet, Looking under In-Game GUI, whats the name of it?

4. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

It's displayed through code, not through actual UI game objects. Go to Male_Player --> Player Input Handler component --> disable the controls GUI.

5. arie1994

arie1994

but what about 0.3- it should be a big change too

6. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

It is the code refactoring that causes the problem. We know 0.2 has been refactored and will cause problems for those of us who have heavily modified the scripts already. Hopefully 0.3 will not involve a lot of refactoring and just adds new components and functionality. I much prefer smaller incremental updates than major rewrites.
    When 0.2 does release I will have to spend a fair amount of time deciding what to port into my project, I may end up taking very little as there is not too much new stuff in 0.2 that I have not already done myself. 0.3 onwards looks more interesting but then my game will also have evolved greatly over the next 2 or 3 months.
    Still the asset provides a great starting point regardless of future updates.

7. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

I still think the whole refactoring and time delay make this asset difficult to maintain and costumize. In fact the asset is maybe only good for people who assetflip and only change graphics. Otherwise its a money sink to be useful. Imagine you work with 0.1 and created a lot of custom scripts, I bet with 0.2 you can re-do all the custom scripts, and then, with bad luck, with 0.3 again. Yes, its a great asset with a lot of stuff for that money - but - imho its not really working as asset like it should be. The release state was to early, problems are now visible and needing a lot of refactoring. I will check the asset again when it hits 1.0 some day.

Johns_Art, inoj, adndima and 2 others like this.
  8. LucianPavel

LucianPavel

9. gegebel

gegebel

Wonderful, I like your art. Sadly useless for people using their own assets.

SirTwistedStorm likes this.
  10. arie1994

arie1994

0.3 will add multiplayer- I'm pretty sure that it will change a lot more than adding components + with full-body I need to find a way to synch UMA with fps hands and multiplayer

11. anueves1

anueves1

Soon my child, soon.

12. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Hello everybody!

I'm currently Integration Ootii (which I did successfully as far as I can tell as everything works), however I am also adding a Third Person controller system to it. I have the 'F' key toggle the FP Camera and FP_Root gameobjects off and enable my UMADynamicCharacter avatar, I have animations working too but I was just wondering where to go to implement weapons. I'm thinking the FP Tool is a good place to start but where does it equip it, etc.

Thanks!

13. gegebel

gegebel

@jessejarvis The FP Manager on FPRoot enables or disables the actual weapon.
    The real problem here is that the scripts on the tools/weapons control everything.
    Equiping takes place in Hotbar with TrySelectSlot(), communicates with FP Manager which enables the actual physical tool. Damage/effect is all done on weapon/tool scripts.
    Tool uses FP Tool.
    Melee Weapons use FP Melee
    Ranged Weapons use FP Hitscan

@Winterbyte312 said it would change in 0.2, he didn't say how exactly though.

14. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Did you think to use this one https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/13768? Would not it be easier? I'm interested in ootii 3rd person, but I have doubts. What can you tell me about? I'm worried about applying multiplayer.

15. gegebel

gegebel

@Winterbyte312 Will the player be spawnable at runtime in 0.2 ? It's already possible in the actual version but there's too much stuff which have to be relinked imo.

16. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Yeah that's the one I am using. I can't say about Multiplayer but it should be no issue at all because this is just a camera controller.

I am using the same Input/Controls as the FP Controller as it works but I'll of course have to add in new animation calls, I am thinking of making a TPS Tool instead of the FP Tool. I'm looking at more integration today.

As I am going for an RPG I opened Skyrim yesterday to see how there TPS/FP system works and am basing mine on that. Looks like it uses the same movement too.

Edit: What makes this hard for me is I am using UMA so I can't just simply drag an axe model onto the hand slot. UMA creates the bones as it gets made so I am looking at that right now.

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  17. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

Just use regular third person animations and switch camera positions.

18. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

I understood, I agree. Skyrim's 1st and 3rd person system is very good, i also want to do something similar to it. I'm trying to use these two, what do you say?
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/13768?
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/15672
    I believe that I will not have problems as multiplayer, being that ootii 3rd person is already prepared. I am in doubt because I am not an experienced programmer, so I am looking for resources to help me.

19. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

It's not that easy. In order for this to work you need to disable the FPCamera and FPRoot, which is essentially the entire mechanism.

20. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

:( I do not know how to do that! Do you know any tutorial on YouTube that will help me?
    As I said earlier, i am very inexperienced.

21. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Nope, gotta wait for somebody to do it themselves and share, or wait for 0.3 (I think Third Person was in 0.3), but that won't be available for quite a while.

As I said I'm working on it right now, but with 0.2 coming at the end of this month I may wait for it before I implement this, otherwise I'll have to re-code it all again. I don't like the thoughts of using a Third Party system like Invector because they normally come with loads of junk that we don't want.

22. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

I have to agree with you. And we ended up spending money for nothing. I'll wait until the end of this month, if 0.2 does not come, I'll get another option.:(

Have you been successful with ootii + US?

23. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Yes very successful. It's easier than you'd think actually. Can't tell you how yet because my Unity is updating but I had to move the World Camera out of where it was and drop it under an empty object and attach ootii to it. After that I just had to disable a couple US scripts that handled head bobbing which I didn't really want anyways. I'm sure that it's easy to adjust those anyways.

Edit: And I had to add a couple of lines of codes to handle the Inventory tabbing code.

24. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

I use Opsive's TPC they will add third to first person switching by default in a future update.

You mean for this Asset?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  25. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Not for that asset no. I mean to build native Third person support. The future update sounds cool.

26. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

I'm sorry when I said "You mean for this Asset?" I meant ultimate survival. If you want third person without buying a controller there are tutorials on YouTube on how to code one but Opsive's gives you climbing and swimming out of the box.

27. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Ah.. I see what you mean now.. We're kind of forced to use a third party TPS because of things like Swimming/Climbing. Afterall US was made for FPS so if we want TPS we have to "Merge" them.

28. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

We can see some video of version 0.2? If I remember correctly you were going to teach one, after a month we have only seen a couple of images, would it be possible?

thx, a greeting.

29. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

No wait buddy :(:(

This is very good, is there a date for this?

@SirTwistedStorm , @jessejarvis , I noticed that you use ootii and opsive, I would like to buy one of the two, but I am in doubt. Could you help me? Both are excellent but I do not know which one to choose, I know they have support for multiplayer and it is critical to the project.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  30. RemitPrime

RemitPrime

Never wanted to write something like this but , im one of the first people purchased you asset and waiting for 0.2 since first release day of your asset.

But im bored about hdd fail , asset review or something like that , i know you are working hard but im talking about promises here

Im not going to say your asset not worth 49.99 Dollars ( thats the price when i buy your asset ) but its not about that im waited silently for 4 months but im not sure if we will ever get 0.2.

It seems to me ( my personal opinion ) you are not working on project or something else happened or you didnt wanna release it.

Because you are not giving any information , all we have about 0.2 is swimming pic and main menu image.

Im Sorry , but i feel bad about this , im living in turkey and money is not earning easly here.

atleast answer this comment please.

tra2002 and RobsonFMaciel like this.
  31. VanillaCupcake

VanillaCupcake

Looks like a lot of people are afraid that the release 0.2 will not take place. Winterbyte312, can you give us the new screenshots? I think it will calm those who are nervous.

32. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

I would like to see something more than some captures, with photoshop I make myself in two seconds a menu, for me it has no validity, it is my opinion.

tra2002, RobsonFMaciel and gegebel like this.
  33. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/t...erson-ai-multiplayer-mobile-framework.292541/
    Opsive's is the best well rounded controller in my opinion with the most bang for your bucks, it comes with clean source code, tons of animations, and amazing support. There's a mod for it that adds first person right now http://opsive.com/assets/ThirdPersonController/videos.php?id=8

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  34. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Nice, thanks. I'll wait until the end of this month, to 0.2. And try to integrate with Opsive's 3rd P.

35. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

I still dont buy the hdd crash story. They said the send copy to asset store team for review. Asset store denied due some "small" problems. Then the HDD Crash the talk that they need to redo all because of lost data. All my questions regarding the version they sended to assetstore team are not answered. Why dont they simple contact assetstore team and ask for the version they send. Then they could fix the "small bugs" the resend it for review. Nah.. its weeks now and except a few screenshots no news, updates. We are not even know in which state the asset is right now. I call it bullshit. Bullshit regarding hdd crash and bullshit regarding version that they send to asset store. If you, prove it. Show us the asset team answer or answer my question why you havent asked for the asset store version to start there again??!?? I tired of lies and bullshit. You selling stuff here, based on promises, people buying it. Now they waiting... Waiting cost money in production - do you know? I bet we never will hear the truth. I bet end of july no 0.2 will be released. I bet another story emerge and asset reached it end-of-life. Like so many others here. My tipp, if you really want to release a game - dont buy assets.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    adndima, Warspawn and RobsonFMaciel like this.
  36. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

Okay I see where you're coming from you want what was promised. At the end of the day most people love this Asset due to features compared to price, you have an amazing starting point. I'd advise anyone who has a time constraint to just finish it your self if you can not wait. The features that are left on the roadmap can be completed more or less by buying two other Assets if you're not someone that can code. I believe too many of Unity customers treat Assets like they are buying a game from EA and the fact is you're not, you're technically paying a contractor to code and whether you paid $60 or $30 the code is still a steal.

FYI - Forge networking is open source if you can't buy a multiplayer framework.
    https://github.com/BeardedManStudios/ForgeNetworkingRemastered

MrEsquire and RobsonFMaciel like this.
  37. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Thanks for sharing. I will use version 0.13 (not to lose the money invested) and try to apply the Forge. I have a question, what is the difference between the paid version (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/38344) and this free version?

38. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

Well it was only recently made open source, paid might get you some support but the open source is exactly the same code, I'd say if you enjoy the open source buy the paid later on just to say thank you to the developer...

39. chiefarchon

chiefarchon

hi Winterbyte312 I am sending emails to winterbyte312@gmail.com but I am not getting any replies.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Shodan0101 likes this.
  40. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

I hope it is not as you say and it is not another asset that is abandoned.

I would like to see the progress, the new things that have added, know how development is going, but that is not a screenshot please.

thx

41. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

I doubt it's abandoned, but I bet they didn't understand the amount of work that supporting assets is.

42. digiross

digiross

@Devision4 So what your telling me is that you've never had a hard drive crash? If you haven't then consider yourself lucky.

In my 32+ years as a software developer it's happened to me 3 times. After the 2nd occurrence I began to backup everything as a redundancy. Up until that point I was a naive kid that thought those kind of things didn't happen. If it happened nowadays it wouldn't affect me other than the shipping delay from Amazon and reinstalling my OS and software.

@Winterbyte312 has always been very responsive, pretty forthright with info, screens, trello, etc.

Everyone just needs to chill out a bit, development takes time!

Shodan0101 and SirTwistedStorm like this.
  43. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

No one is
    No one is :(

Thanks for the answer. I will certainly buy, I think very fair.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  44. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

The project has not been abandoned, I do not believe the HDD failure claim however he is still working on the project.

The reason as to why I do not believe the hdd failure claim: It took a *very* long time while being "published/reviewed" for us to hear back that they refused it, however just after it was nearly instant for him to publish the 0.13 version.

It matters not if it was true or false, he's making 0.2 and it is coming but it'll just take a while. No biggy. Personally as time goes by I'm thinking less and less about using US as most of the other assets I am integrating it with replace most parts of US.

For example, I probably will not use US's structure building system because I own EasyBuildSystem and uConstruct and they both far exceed it. I am using Opasive's third person controller and it replaces most of US in itself, so I may just add first person functionality to that product instead.

45. txarly

txarly

Hey,
    My opinion is that they were wrong with the dates for the 0.2 update,hdd failure or not ,doesn't matter now.If they do all the roadmap there is not doubt that will be the reference asset for survival games in unity.They said they will finish for the end of the month, and i think they will do.There are many developers here without roadmaps pages and spend long time for small updates, and doesn't have as many bad comments as i am reading here.They have done a good work since now, so let them work and will see.
    Excuse my bad english

46. MarcopoloR

MarcopoloR

I have the Easy Build System asset also, and I was wondering how easy/difficult it is to replace US's building system while still retaining most of the functionality (Like the inventory and FPS system) of ultimate survival. Did you manage to do this successfully?

47. Saiga308

Saiga308

@Winterbyte312 Don't sweat the release date for 0.2. I know you don't want to commit to a date, especially if it's going to be a stretch to reach that goal, and you feel pressured to give a date by everyone wanting a date, so you are caught between a rock in a hard place. I say you set a realistic goal of having 0.2 done by October 2017, or heck even just say estimated Q4 2017 release. Then when you get closer to an exact target date, you can dial in a target release date. Don't worry about giving us reasons, take your time and keep cranking on this great project. I am looking forward to 0.2 and future releases, and am happy to wait for them.

Ghost Recon Wildlands got pushed back multiple times. When it was pushed back in May of 2016 with an original release date of June 2016, they said it would be released sometime before April 2017 and delivered by March 7, 2017. This kind of stuff happens all the time. You can't possibly predict everything and set hard target dates 100% accurate all the time. No sweat.

@everyone I think when you purchase an asset that is version 0.1 on the Asset Store, you should have an understanding that it is going to be some time before the final product is finished regardless of projected release dates set forth by the dev. Be ready for forks in the road, abrupt changes of plans and methodologies, and/or complete rewrites. I see some of you complaining that you spent your hard earned money on this asset and are disappointed the newer versions aren't being released in the time frame you expect or originally planned by the dev, ultimately feeling ripped off. If this is your mentality, you really need to rethink your approach. You bought the asset knowing it wasn't complete. The amount of features being added to this asset are borderline AAA stuff. How many commercial AAA games have this stuff? Look at RUST, how many years has it been in early access with how many developers, artists, etc. This asset will practically be RUST by version 0.3. I say work on something else, write your own stuff, or just back off and be more supportive of the dev. If you are going to contact them for support, contact them for support, not to ask for release dates and other benign stuff. I would ignore you too.

48. VladimirRad

VladimirRad

@Winterbyte312 Why are you silent? We need at least some guidance on the output of 0.2

pushingpandas likes this.
  49. Saiga308

Saiga308

50. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

I am really enjoying Opsive's Third Person Controller. The thing that made it my first choice was because it has all the features built in and not needing to get add ons.

However I understand people's comments on how it is heavy with code.

I also have ootti's controller with archery pack that I bought on sale a while back. And invenkors basic kit so will try those later.

I got a bit carried away and rewrote some code for merging the controller deeper with US and need to scale it back before I do a video.
    Sorry guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.