Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zvckisonfire

zvckisonfire

Unsure if anyone has mentioned this, but how can I place working mineable tree's using the terrain tool? every time I hit the tree it doesn't drop logs, thanks!

2. chrisk

chrisk

Invector (shooter template version) also support both melee and guns. I would vote for Invector and then Opsive.

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  3. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

4. jesseganey

jesseganey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc3cBzuGGyI

5. RemitPrime

RemitPrime

0.13 is shared on l********s , i see it today

cant you do something about these people @Winterbyte312

i really dont want see 0.2 is leaked on somewhere :/

6. OkeanixTR

OkeanixTR

Also @Winterbyte312 going to send 0.2 before assetstore release. We are going to see cracked version before original release. I like Winterbyte312 work but he is not acting professional.

7. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

I agree he might not be acting 100% professional. Hes acting better, hes putting the community above standard practices. He sends it out to people who can PROVE they bought it so they dont have to wait the nearly 10 business days for approval. Guess all that was lost on you though huh?

8. chiefarchon

chiefarchon

Important: (untick) the “Enable Tree Coliders” on the terrain.

tempPic.jpg

9. RemitPrime

RemitPrime

if i remember right , i see your game thread on forum donanimhaber right ?

Nice to see some people from my country doing something here :p

10. Gunsrequiem

Gunsrequiem

Has anyone had any luck replacing the character in the inventory screen? Any time I try to change it, it renders invisible.

Nevermind--figured it out :)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  11. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

When the multiplayer update comes out, how will the save & load system work? And when you put on armor, will other players be able to see it?

12. Legend458

Legend458

I think the kit will have the option for both single and multiplayer (like your game can be both or maybe just the one you want). Like your game can be both I am sure. Also, why wouldn't players be able to see the armour you put on? (it is multiplayer after all).

13. Gunsrequiem

Gunsrequiem

Having players be able to see your armor isn't a tough fix at all. You can either allocate the armor to the character from the beginning, then just call the armor from the correct inventory slot and thereby activate the appropriate piece attached to your character; or, you can use an asset like MountPoints to have specific armor slots set up on your third person character, then instantiate different armor on your character by using the call from the aforementioned inventory slots. It will honestly only take you a few lines of code--in fact, if you look at how the armor shows up on the inventory character, you can see an exact example of how it's done (if you go into the In-Game GUI parent, then into the "Character" HUD, you can see all the greyed out (deactivated) armor pieces that are activated when the inventory slot "calls" them).

14. OkeanixTR

OkeanixTR

I trying to optimize but canvas really destroy FPS. Without canvas cpu: 1.20ms with canvas cpu: 7.00ms almost 100 FPS Difference. Problem is with 1-Windows

Any solution ?

15. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Not enough information.

16. OkeanixTR

OkeanixTR

Information is enough because you can open ultimate survival and test with canvas and no canvas.

17. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Yes it was nice information. You even gave stats.

I am unsure of the problem though right now as I haven't checked it yet, but I'll take a look at it too and see if I can figure it out. Does Windows contain the character model maybe and that's causing more cpu usage maybe?

18. zvckisonfire

zvckisonfire

Sadly that didn't work, I fully rigged the tree's and when I turn off Tree Collider my player just goes through them.

19. jesseganey

jesseganey

Try this tutorial

20. Artificialized

Artificialized

Is there going to be a implementation where the player can switch between third person and first person view?

Cartoon-Mania likes this.
  21. Khestral_01

Khestral_01

Apologies if tis has been covered... if I purchase this version, what is it goingt ocost me when 2.0 comes out?

22. doodle911

doodle911

I cannot get Tree Manager to work?

23. Gunsrequiem

Gunsrequiem

24. Legend458

Legend458

It won't cost you anything. However, if you wait until version 0.2 without purchasing 0.1, it will cost more as there are more features.

25. doodle911

doodle911

Thanks but unfortunately it didn't. I have even tried copy and pasting the exact tree and tree manager used in the demo "forest" scene. Will continue to look into it :p

26. doodle911

doodle911

Has anyone else encountered an issue where the weapons do not make any sound? How did you resolve it? Thanks :)

27. doodle911

doodle911

I have the same issue as you do.

28. Belfis

Belfis

THIS IS GREAT ASSET!!! BUT

I bought this asset v 0.1 for 53 euros, then after a week it cost 37.50.

I have a reasonable question, to what extent is it fair, and how will it look in the future?

As the question with updates is not clear, the promised version 0.2 the developer promised to do in May and already July and there is nothing.
    But patches are issued under voxel land, and the main functionality is still not there?

I apologize for my English!

tra2002 likes this.
  29. doodle911

doodle911

The fact the it went on sale after you bought it is annoying, I agree - but that issue is not solely linked to Ultimate Survival. It can happen with anything :)

As for the delays. They are very annoying, but that's life. I am sure winterbyte is working hard to catch up and asset should be updated very soon.
    This fixed my tree manager issue!

30. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Any news on the mobile version, mobile controls?

31. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Yes, In version 0.2, Winterbyte312 said that later this month.

32. Belfis

Belfis

I'll tell you a little bit more, I bought the asset for 53 euros and after that the sale began, and the discount price was 37 euros ..
    I was ready to accept this. After the completion of the action, the developers set a constant price for the asset in the form of 37 euros. So, should I pay for updates or how will the difference in purchase cost be accounted for?

I'm not bothered by this, I'm only writing because it's full of nonsense with updates ...

apologize for my English!

33. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

The updates are not paid, on the difference of price there is nothing to do, you simply bought it more expensive, I buy it also for 53 €

34. SmokeyKilla

SmokeyKilla

Regardless of how much you paid I believe the amount of content contained in this package, makes it worth a lot more.......it saved me over 20 hours of my time.....Even as the package stands now it is an absolute steal for the price.

Will-D-Ramsey and jesseganey like this.
  35. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Completely agree with you

36. Belfis

Belfis

I also fully agree that the price for this Asset is more than adequate.

As I wrote above, I write this message only because it is an incomprehensible situation with updates.

37. digiross

digiross

Well, to be completely fair to @Winterbyte312 his last update was July 5, 2017 for version 0.13. He has proven he is making consistent updates to this wonderful package that saves dozens of hours of development. Also, bare in mind he has suffered some development pains (asset flippers, crashed harddrive, etc.)

Is the asset complete yet? No
    Will it be? Yes
    Completed on your timetable? No.

Development is a scary beast, something you think will take a few hours takes days, something that takes a few days takes weeks, etc. Personally any developer shouldn't give timetables, things will always crush your expectations and then pushed back deadlines anger people unnecessarily.

@Winterbyte312 has an ambitious asset and I commend him for his creation, but things take time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

A perfect game example is the game 7 Days to Die. If your unfamiliar with it then it is a voxel zombie minecraft sandbox game that is one of my favorites of all time. However, infrequent updates makes it seem like the developer doesn't care that much. At times they are good with communication and other times they go really silent. The latest alpha 16 started development at the beginning of October 2016 (9 months). Right now they are in feature lock for stable release of alpha 16 but for the past 4 weeks have been trying to squish bugs when originally they thought it would be out by now.

Simply, things happen. Development takes longer than expected. We are all anxious to use it and make our projects come to life. Be patient. Be happy.

38. chiefarchon

chiefarchon

This is a lovely forum thread and I read it multiple times a day, if only there weren't so many Whineeeeeee whiners on it.

Keep up the good work @Winterbyte312, and there is nothing at all worth whining about regarding the little hickup so far, you are doing just fine :p

Personally I would sooner you took extra time to make a good product than throw something out there that is less than what it could be.

TAKE YOUR TIME, IT WILL SOON COME...

39. BokuDev

BokuDev

I'm having a lot of fun with this kit. Replacing the asset art with my own art (animal crossing meets zelda) is easy to do. I really like how there was clearly a lot of foresight for the buyer of the asset to be able to edit the stuff that is there or add in their own items, weapons, and building prefabs. It really feels like with enough work I can make my own decent survival game and this kit lays the ground work of making it all possible.

The only thing I'm having a tough time with is adding more mobs with their own animations but again I'm very happy with whats there Iv always wanted to make a survival game and I'm going to add/work on a ton of stuff on top of this kit as the base. I thought this was the complete asset/kit but there is multiplayer on the way? That is awesome! I have no idea how to make a multiplayer game but I'd love to make my project from this kit have it.

Is saving, and loading, with multiple scenes a feature coming as well? If not thats ok, I just like to have less to program myself since I'm more of an artist than a programmer.

40. doodle911

doodle911

Has anyone talked to Winterbyte recently? Haven't heard from him for a while :p

41. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I'm here :p

danreid70 likes this.
  42. gegebel

gegebel

Didn't you want to update us with screenshots @Winterbyte312 ? nothing since 3 weeks.

43. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Well, I posted some, we've been working on functionality lately, nothing worth showing yet. Only the menu.. There will be a blast of screens coming after we piece everything together.

danreid70 likes this.
  44. doodle911

doodle911

Do you think 0.2 will be sumbitted this month? That would be great :)

45. Nighs

Nighs

Johns_Art and RoyS like this.
  46. OZAV

OZAV

Winterbyte, if there is anything that we (on the forum here) can help you guys with, just let us know here, please, so you can check and integrate our potential works like that, that we can perhaps do, to get us all running quicker. It would be a hypocricy not to offer this by someone here already, (i believe that's what everyone here thinks anyways) No soldier left behind, on our part :)

doodle911 likes this.
  47. doodle911

doodle911

Very True :)

48. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

The Legend of Zelda Crossing. I love it. That's a very unique project you got going :) Nice take.

49. Oldnag

Oldnag

where do i find to disable the controls text at side of the screen in play mode.

edit. as soon as i post this i see it, must be blind lol.

50. Ullukai

Ullukai

i seen it went to 0.13 update on the assetstore and tried it but i dont see any changes.. what was changed ?

Was it just the voxeland integration added ?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    jessejarvis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.