Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

That's the worst case scenario, we hope we can do it faster.

Legend458 and SpectralRook like this.
  2. chiefarchon

chiefarchon

Congratulations Winterbyte I look forward to the coming next version. Personally I'm waiting for 0.3 but this is very encouraging, thank you.

Will-D-Ramsey likes this.
  3. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

I wont say anything but I will say wtf...

4. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Ok so I almost got adding terrain using Voxeland and Ult Srvl. I did it by adding a new tool "dirt" and setting it as the loot for mining with Voxeland. The only issue im running into is if I mine dirt lets say five times. I equip the dirt, place it once and it uses the whole stack of 5 to add terrain once. Im using the durability property and im guessing I need to make a new property. I did this but how do I control what the new property does?

5. gegebel

gegebel

You could use dirt like a "projectile" being used, I think @TheMessyCoder has a tutorial or 2 about it.

Anyone had any luck with Emerald AI yet ? I still don't get the Melee weapons to work for some reason

Will-D-Ramsey likes this.
  6. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Ill be working on that in Emerald next. Also if you search "Emerald" on this forum you should come up with something because I know I asked that question and got several responses several pages back, but yeah its in the forum somewhere.

Edit: Also im not sure you got my question, I already got it working I just need it to place one dirt at a time.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  7. RoyS

RoyS

The base instructions say you must have "time of day" for one of your "must have's". I would like to implement UniStorm which has time of day (and also survival features based on if you are in bad weather or not). So how so I disable "time of day" in US without causing issues?

8. Oldnag

Oldnag

can any one help me, when i generate trees with terrain composer 2 with all the scripts attached and the tree manager script on terrain, i can still not mine the trees. on play it creates a child on the terrain called trees and spawns trees in the air , not using the ones that gen from TC. what am i doin wrong

9. Devision4

Devision4

End of July? I wait for version 1.0 in the year 2025.

Kats4, CaptainMurphy and gegebel like this.
  10. Oldnag

Oldnag

grow up kid

11. gegebel

gegebel

well yea, a weapon with ammo will use 1 projectile at a time, you just need to adapt the code for uses.

12. Devision4

Devision4

buy a crypt.

Kats4 likes this.
  13. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

can u add a fuel system in the upcoming car system

14. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

US uses Time Of Day for AI spawning, e.g. cannibals at night. I also integrated UniStorm and in doing so I linked the US time of day states to the UniStorm implementation, works fine that way.

RoyS likes this.
  15. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

thanks for the info

I hope it does not delay much beyond the end of July,

Although I have already made the decision not to use their asset,

Perhaps for another project.

A greeting.

Kats4 and gegebel like this.
  16. gegebel

gegebel

Did it the same way, but it messed up sleeping big time. Had to change lots of code to make it work again.

17. keifyb

keifyb

i just want multiplayer stuff

CollosalChris likes this.
  18. Legend458

Legend458

That will come in 0.3. We have to wait for 0.2 to be completed first. Give Winterbyte time. This is a great kit.

19. Legend458

Legend458

It seems like that Voxeland code doesn't work for the tool......I added it to the pickaxe but it doesn't work.

20. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

That will take a while, Multiplayer is a hard thing to do especially when they made US without multiplayer in mind at first. A lot of things will need a huge revamp.

Now now boys, we don't care who's balls are bigger. I'm really tired of all this dumb pointless fighting, I didn't think it could get worse than the TerrainEngine forums fighting lol.

Make sure your scene is using the new "V_Surface Database" in the "_Game Controller". Also you need to add the textures to the Database as well. If you're using different terrain textures that is.

That's cool, maybe you can tell us how you did that sometime. Personally I haven't did this yet because US 0.2 changes the way Time works (I think they added it to the player), so I haven't bothered yet.

uni7y likes this.
  21. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

If you follow the tutorial video you wont have any issues.

22. RoyS

RoyS

It would be nice to have purchaseable expansion packs that can easily be integrated into the "parent" program. That way if people want to keep it purely survival they can. Those of us who want quests and such can have them. If you have it as an expansion pack, that will be another source of income, as well, as it will be sold seperately.

23. RoyS

RoyS

For those who have purchased Voxeland....

I'm doing a RPG game with different terrain types for my continents (I just completed making scads of characters for each area/race). There is a small island/continent that is all harsh winter environment. Another is a sandy desert type environment with sand worm traps. There are two ruling factions - one over plains and mountainous area and the other on another continent mainly rainforest type.

I am currently waiting for Gaia 2 and was going to purchase the CTS shader pack to go with it. But I saw on the forums here where a lot of people were looking for Voxeland to be easily integrated with US, so I took a look on the asset store as I'd never heard of it. I've only seen one terrain type with Voxeland in the videos and screenshots. Can you do other terrain types; any terrain type? How does it integrate with US v0.13 (menu, player interface, etc)?

24. Arielus

Arielus

I would like to have money for this

25. RoyS

RoyS

EvansSoftware, how did you sync the time of day?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  26. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

public moneys Income = getJob;

27. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

*bump

28. chiefarchon

chiefarchon

in "wurm online" it is possible to raise and lower the virtices on the world map with the players pickaxe. This is how you make the land flat for farming and housing. Is this possible to do in unity with the standard unity terrain?

Is this something that might be considered for any future roadmaps for Ultimate Survival ? Maybe ?

:p

29. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yep, considered. For 0.2x.

You can use U.S tools to dig, and take down trees. My coworker has improved the building mechanic on Voxeland as well, and submitted a 0.13 updated.

30. chiefarchon

chiefarchon

Yay Diggable standard terrain. You couldn't see me when I read this but, trust me I jumped out of my seat and danced :p

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  31. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

I'm not sure he meant diggable, I think he meant more or less flattenable. With Unity Standard terrain for instance, you wouldn't be able to change the texture/terrain type by digging (so no ore, etc), you need something like Voxeland for that.

32. chiefarchon

chiefarchon

Thats what I mean by diggable, the ability to flatten etc. :D

It's really needed for such things as gardens and housing plots to be honest

33. ninetailschris

ninetailschris

Where are the controls located for the building wheel.

34. hsxtreme

hsxtreme

How to solve the lack of shadow of the trees and objects in the arms of the character?

35. RoyS

RoyS

(the "paper" is the first/default item in your hands..this will allow you to bring up the building wheel)
    RMB to bring up the building wheel
    Use the mousewheel (middle button) to scroll thru the building items.
    LMB to select the item.
    RMB to exit the building wheel, but the item you selected will be green.
    LMB to place the item (use the arrow keys to rotate the item before LBM to place it)

I would suggest selecting "Male_Player"--Inventory Controller and adding more water while you practice getting used to the building tools.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  36. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Ahhh okay. I hear diggable, I hear being able to making caves and mine resources etc under the ground :p

As cool as that idea is, it's a reeeaaal big hassle haha.

Yes, flattening land is a cool prospect. Especially realtime that is.

chiefarchon likes this.
  37. RoyS

RoyS

Winterbyte, how did you get the terrain to end up being nice and dark? When I added UniStorm, at night, my terrain is bright like daytime. I've spent the whole day searching the forums and youtube for answers and trying different things, but can't get my terrain and models dark.

38. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi all,

I am currently playing with Third Person Controllers and UMA with Ultimate Survival.
    After getting a lot of requests, the one that is most frequently asked for is Opsive's TPC. I think that is mainly because unlike a few others, you only need 1 asset to handle melee and guns.

What are your favorite TPCs?

* Opsive
    * Invector
    * ooti
    * C Sharp Accent
    * Zelig Games

Or any others out there?

39. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Ootii is what I use. Mostly because I'm not looking for a whole system like Opasive, I'm looking for a third person camera more than I am a whole system.

Shawn67 likes this.
  40. chiefarchon

chiefarchon

At the moment I'm finding TPCs a little dissapointing. I keep looking for things other than combat and parkour. I would like to find such actions as cooking, building, farming, reading, working at a table, crouching and examining, and even, dancing, riding, etc. However other than riding as an addon, I'm not finding the others.

Kats4 likes this.
  41. chiefarchon

chiefarchon

Mind you speaking of mining, I've been thinking around the idea of creating a teleport portal that looks like an entrance, by entering the entrance you get teleported to an instance cave system. I'ts a bit like enterring a house through a door. Mind you I havent had much time to considder it all yet. This may well be the way it works in Wurm Online too.

nielshenriksen likes this.
  42. ninetailschris

ninetailschris

I know how to use it. What I was asking was more so where is input that controls the movement of the wheel. I want to change the controls for it. There should be script that handles the input commands for the building wheel.

43. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

I am not using voxel world's so I did it that way also. Like old school MMOs.

chiefarchon likes this.
  44. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

When you say actions, if you have the animations you can just trigger them.

chiefarchon likes this.
  45. gegebel

gegebel

I usually use my own TPC. Most assets have way too much stuff you usually don't need and are not very flexible.
    I think building a TPC based on US would be the way to go. It's not like it's really difficult. For testing I use models and animations from mixamo/adobe.

46. chiefarchon

chiefarchon

I have found one or two animation sequences that I'm looking for on Mixamo.

47. doodle911

doodle911

Could we have a demo of 0.2 please?
    Sorry to be so impatient, but your asset is too good to wait!

48. Kats4

Kats4

INVECTOR, in my case! :)

Stefan86 and Cartoon-Mania like this.
  49. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

Invector!!!!! Please~~~~~~~~~

I like it because it is flexible.

Stefan86 and Kats4 like this.
  50. emperor12321

emperor12321

I want to make an oxygen need that decreases some places refills in others. Maybe I can modify thirst somehow?

The_Uber_Rasta likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
unityunity