Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi. Can you please use the 'conversation ' mails to have your discussions rather than the forum thread.

2. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Agreed kind sir.

3. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

I use it and it works fine. I have not used Emerald AI though so you may need to tweak it a bit for optimization.

Will-D-Ramsey likes this.
  4. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Is it just a setting? or is it like an object that gets placed?

5. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

It basically allows you to define an area to build the NavMesh dynamically, typically for these kinds of games you would make it follow the player as that is where you need the AI to work. It is not a simple setting, you will need to create an object to dynamically generate the NavMesh using the new API in 5.6.

6. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Have you seen any good tutorials for this?

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  7. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

I would also like :)

8. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

9. csharpstudios

csharpstudios

My team is waiting for 0.2 to even begin work, because winterbyte specifically said that it will probably breaks all scrips associated with US. Of course our 3D Team is working, and our artist is

Can I get some help please? @Winterbyte312 or who ever?

10. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Quite simple, just add:

using Plugins;

at the top of the script.

11. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

Hey @Winterbyte312 , could you or someone on the team update the Trello page in regard to what is now missing and must be re-done for 0.2 if you have time?

erichey and RobsonFMaciel like this.
  12. csharpstudios

csharpstudios

Thanks! I'm a newbie to coding and the errors that come with so I had no idea what that meant

13. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

Sorry, I went offline after posting. Looks like TheMessyCoder has you covered. I basically started with the two scripts that the first video talks about LocalNavMeshBuilder and NavMeshSourceTag. Optimizing this approach for a runtime generated and modifiable environment is one of the challenges, depending on how your game intends to work you may need to do quite a bit of tweaking. Not sure how well you can tweak with Emerald AI, I ended up modifying my AI to fit around using dynamic NavMesh but it wasn't too difficult to achieve. I am still looking for ways to optimize though but is good enough at the moment.

14. gegebel

gegebel

I've been talking to the devs of Emerald AI, they are working on integrating Dynamic NavMesh in v1.4. I believe they targeted August for release.

15. Kalle801

Kalle801

When will the next version (Multiplayer) be ready?

16. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Yeah sorry, sometimes I forget that hahaha.

Pretty much anytime you see "Are you missing X using directive?" you usually just need to add "using X;" at the top of the script.

csharpstudios likes this.
  17. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

I have asked this several times, without any response, I need to know to organize, but there are no answers from the developers, it seems that they do not want to compromise in saying a date.

I think it's going to be worth the wait, but how long are we going to wait?

RobsonFMaciel and gegebel like this.
  18. gegebel

gegebel

no one knows

19. gegebel

gegebel

Well you have the same problem as I have. I can't tell my people when I will need them or not, could be tomorrow, or in a month. It's very annoying for everyone, not knowing when they will work and get money or not.
    But apparently we are the unfair people because we are not patient enough.

Will it be worth? Probably. It might be too late for some people though.

pushingpandas likes this.
  20. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Completely agree with you

I'm about to decide if I finish the project without using this asset or wait and use it, but for that I need to know how long I'll have to wait

gegebel likes this.
  21. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

I think most people who saying "ah I dont care I got time and I can wait" are the 1-man developer studios who like to assetflip.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  22. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Success is combined to short time frames. Look at uMMORPG. He updates constantly, nearly every week is a small or big update. THAT is progress. And you can see that he like to bring his asset forward. If a asset only updates in BIG Intervals with waterfall progress its not good for the asset user nor for the asset itself. Big updates tend to break and you must think about the devs here. Most are not assetflipper who add own stuff and own scripts. Doing that in a big update asset which seems to be a complete different version between 0.13 and 0.2 is a pain in the ass.

But what do I know? We never heard about the sended version that the assetstore got. The version that got declined for minimal geometry errors. Now there is a downgrade call in the room, no new release date, no status what is missing, no status what needs to be added. Only the same "we are working on it" since the first day of release.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    gegebel and CaptainMurphy like this.
  23. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

Do you plan on doing an 'alpha' release or completed game? If alpha just make sure you have enough for people to play and be entertained. The save/load I would expect to be a minimum, fortunately I implemented that a couple of months back as I did not intend to wait. Also I am not putting multi-player in my first release so not really a lot coming for me anyway in the next release. In fact I have changed so much stuff I will need to choose very carefully what to import so as not to break too many things!

24. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Would you not prefer shorter update cycles with minimal invasive features implementation so it not breaking every

CaptainMurphy likes this.
  25. zef_tutounityfr

zef_tutounityfr

I was wondering about something concerning the integration of Voxeland with US (I didn't tried 0.13 yet).
    How does AI handles infinite terrain ? Because the Navmesh has to be created from the editor doesn't it ?

26. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

Dynamic NavMesh was added in Unity 5.6. You could also use a non-NavMesh navigation method.

zef_tutounityfr likes this.
  27. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

I would but I would also prefer an asset not being almost a game in itself, ends up leading to lots of asset flipping and very similar games.

pushingpandas likes this.
  28. gegebel

gegebel

I believe if you have a good concept and your own models, players will enjoy. There will always be someone calling you an asset flipper, but as long you did your best to actually make it your own, where is the problem? Dumb people will cry and others will play and enjoy.

29. csharpstudios

csharpstudios

Thanks!

30. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Or we have patience and understand the issues a HDD failure can cause...

uni7y and csharpstudios like this.
  31. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Is it frustrating that 0.2 was delayed, of course. But I cant seriously believe everyone who is complaining (which is useless by the way) has a project that is 100% complete except of Ultimate Survival.

uni7y likes this.
  32. csharpstudios

csharpstudios

Anyone know whats up with the black squares in the voxeland demo?

33. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

In my case, I do not have the game finished, if I had the game finished 100% I would not be here, nor would I have bought this asset, but I have a deadline that I would like to fulfill, and I would like to use this asset, it would be easier for me. My project is a game for the mobile, not an AAA.

sorry for my English.

34. gegebel

gegebel

Or maybe some people wait on 0.2 to move forward ? what's the point of moving on, not knowing what will be changed exactly? @Winterbyte312 said there are massive changes, so where do we start ? maybe it's easy as a 1-man developer but it's not when you have several ppl who want to work but can't.

What does it have to do with being 100% complete anyway ? As long as we don't know anything, we can't do much besides textures ,models and terrain. Since we have to adapt or change most scripts due to the changes in 0.2 since they are all somehow related in a way or another.

All we know for sure, it's that there will be big changes in 0.2. We don't know how or how much, nor if all or only some scripts. Are there changes to other systems? we know nothing, so where do we start working exactly?

35. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

We are only asking for information about when version 0.2 will be ready, just that, a greeting.

gegebel likes this.
  36. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

It's really disheartening not to have feedback. Well it may seem that not, but many here are waiting for version 0.2 to start the works. Being that winterbyte said that what was done in 0,1 would be lost in 0.2. We have to wait if we want to use US, or simply go for another option. I believe that what is being done by the winterbyte team, is something wonderful when it comes to quality, but lack information on the progress of work.

gegebel likes this.
  37. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

I said "game finished EXCEPT FOR Ultimate Survival". Also im not sure it was a good decision to depend on an asset in development to finish your project if you're on a deadline. Especially if the features you need are in a later version.

reocwolf likes this.
  38. csharpstudios

csharpstudios

-----> Click Here <-----

39. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Hahaha I didn't click it but I see where it goes, good meme 10/10.

I only reply to them since im here to actually talk about Ultimate Survival. But you have your point.

csharpstudios likes this.
  40. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

So I see 0.13 adds basic voxeland integration but I was wondering if 0.2 will complete voxeland more, such as gettings "Dirt" from the ground and being able to place materials back into the ground. Such as rebuilding the earth?

UltraTM likes this.
  41. hsxtreme

hsxtreme

What is the forecast of the release of the new version?

42. Supgarn

Supgarn

Please Make How Make Multiplayer Tutorial Please!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

43. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

If you look at the Voxeland demo it does this, you can implement in a similar way to how the dig was done.

Will-D-Ramsey likes this.
  44. gegebel

gegebel

when it's done

45. gegebel

gegebel

You must admit @Winterbyte312 has a strange behaviour.
    He said his HDD crashed, but would give updates. Then he said he would make a video of swimming, posted 5 screenshots instead. Said he would upload screenshots when things get ready, didn't update anything in 2 weeks.
    I admit I'm impatient, for various reasons, and maybe I'm a bit paranoid due to many assets I bought being abandoned about the same way as this one is being handled.

The latest screenshots have been posted on June 14th (swimming) and June 16th (Main Menu) though.

I believe in this project, or I wouldn't be here waiting impatiently. Still, updates wouldn't be too much asked, especially since @Winterbyte312 actually was the one who said he would update us.

46. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Regardless the developer has shown dedication to the asset and the community, even in a time of crisis he released the .13 update for something the community asked for. I agree and disagree.

47. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Multiplayer is coming in later versions, either wait or do it yourself.

48. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Im working on this today ill let you know.

49. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I kept myself from saying anything lately about this, but we're making great progress and we'll be done towards the end of this month. A long time after the original deadline I know, but after all that happened I will consider publishing 0.2 an achievement.

We'll look into this, and everything Voxeland has to offer, in 0.2x.

adndima, Legend458 and SpectralRook like this.
  50. gegebel

gegebel

I won't say anything but end of July ? wtf.

CaptainMurphy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.