Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

Yah its ok, i really like the hands and if you can send me the rigged file

2. grosgames

grosgames

Loser

3. ReZult_Studios

ReZult_Studios

4. Legend458

Legend458

I think once they have completed 0.2 with the features, they will make a trailer to show the new features on the store page so buyers can see the new things they have added. They will probably also post it on the forums.

5. jesseganey

jesseganey

Where in the kit havent seen that yet.

6. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi, I can fix the script quickly through Team Viewer, install it and send a PM.

Well we'll have to create either a few videos showcasing parts or a full trailer, definitely gonna create something after we're done. It takes a lot of time to create a good video, about 2 days for the trailer I have in mind.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    The_Uber_Rasta and uni7y like this.
  7. chiefarchon

chiefarchon

Is there a rough ETA for 0.2 yet or still too early to call?

8. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Not really "too early", will say when we're totally sure.

9. chiefarchon

chiefarchon

10. tsteur12

tsteur12

when do you think the new update will come?

11. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Not entirely sure at this point we're currently finishing off the main menu and UI overall (mostly fixing things from that hdd failure). And then we're moving to FPS stuff and others which aren't as broken as the UI was.

12. tsteur12

tsteur12

is there a way to change the items you start with at this moment in unity?

13. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yes, go to Male_Player --> Inventory Controller --> StartupItems script.

14. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Do not you know how long it will take to finish the job? one week? one month? one year? Probo to contact the asset store to recover your copy?

15. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

It's not that I don't know, but I don't want to say a wrong date that's all. As soon as I'm sure I will tell you, and as soon as the project has an acceptable level of quality I will send you a link to it.

16. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Ok, thank you very much for the information

17. Oldnag

Oldnag

any one know where to disabe the blur on the screen when inventory open up

18. Oldnag

Oldnag

nvm found it

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  19. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

I got skype from one who claimed to got 0.2 already and will post steam game this week with that 0.2. ... Is that true???

20. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Nope.

pushingpandas likes this.
  21. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

22. Legend458

Legend458

How are the screenshots going? :)

23. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

If someone could help me with integrating Voxeland with US please send me a message :)

24. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

tell me if u got the help cuz i need it to

25. Legend458

Legend458

Well Winterbye want to integrate Voxeland with 0.2. I think the initial release of 0.2, won't have Voxeland integration (as it's not actually checked on the roadmap yet).

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  26. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

To those asking for help integrating Voxeland with Ultimate Survival I suggest you do it yourself. If you are going to develop a game you will need to be able to support it's development without relying on other's to do the work for you. It really does not involve much coding at all, it took me a couple of hours and other's have also done it. It's one thing to use Assets as that is what they a for, but the integration you should handle yourself otherwise what code are you going to write?
    People including myself who have already done the integration have already given pointers for others to follow.

27. ReZult_Studios

ReZult_Studios

Wtf do you mean?!?!? I integrated voxeland with US in less than like 10 seconds. Just import and delete the player scripts from voxel and it should work

Will-D-Ramsey and nielshenriksen like this.
  28. Legend458

Legend458

Does that include terrain mining? I don't own Voxeland but if it takes a very small time to integrate I may get it.

29. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I think he means implementing mining as well.

I've been going all around the UI systems, jumping back and forth, so that's why I haven't posted the rest of the screenshots yet. I haven't worked linearly.

30. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

I meant mining, of course the player just walking on the terrain took only ten seconds.....

31. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Woooo useless comment!

csharpstudios likes this.
  32. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

You will also need to make some minor (a few lines of code in a couple of places) changes for building as well.

33. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

I didnt have to make any changes and the building still works without issue.

34. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

Actually it is very good advice for anyone wishing to develop a game and support their customers.

ronaldomoon and csharpstudios like this.
  35. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Im not asking for help like "somebody send me their code that works for Voxeland and US" I was asking for any ideas and maybe to be pointed in the right direction. It will still require work from my end. Telling someone to just do it themselves in a forum where people help each other is just silly alot of the time.

csharpstudios likes this.
  36. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

Helping people use Ultimate Survival on this forum is fine, helping people use Voxeland on the Voxeland forum is also fine, you are asking for something else. Someone already talked about what they did regarding modifying the mineable object and I already talked about looking at the code in the Voxeland demo where you can 'dig' terrain. Not sure short of providing code would help more? Just link the mineable part of Ultimate Survival with the Dig terrain part of the Voxeland demo.

37. uni7y

uni7y

Guys you're here to help each other... if you have Voxeland and you know how to integrate this into US then just create a short video or a GIF and share it here, then no one needs to ask again and you've helped someone :)

I do not use it but I'm tired of seeing the same question here over and over again...

38. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

So getting help with Voxeland + US belongs on a different forum? Im not bad at coding or picking up new concepts. I've been working on it when I get home from work but the closest i've gotten is finding the "Dig" call in the Voxeland Controller script, im just having issues getting anything to fire when the player hits the Terrain with the hammer or pickaxe.

39. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Yeah the first person to make a video will get alot of views from this forum.

40. uni7y

uni7y

He becomes world famous here :D

Will-D-Ramsey likes this.
  41. wangkai

wangkai

How to save and load?

42. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Ctrl-S to save, Ctrl-O to load.

43. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi, save & load coming in 0.2.
    In the meantime you can check this package out: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/81519
    If you can code a little you'll be able to implement it. Let me know if you need some hints.

Brandon_Powell likes this.
  44. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

The questions that would be answered if people just looked at the roadmap like I have open most of the day.

45. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

@Winterbyte312 how is the progress? Did you got the files from the assetteam ?

46. wangkai

wangkai

Can you give some code hint for saving and loading? I can not save items and equipment.

47. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Its not in Ultimate Survival yet, if you want a Save/Load system make one or get one from the asset store. Or wait for Winterbyte to make one.

48. ReZult_Studios

ReZult_Studios

Oh lol the mining is easy to just set a colander onto the like axe, pickaxe and add some script saying like
    when you click Right or Left mouse button it plays an animation and access's the script for voxeland mining and deletes or places a small little block... honestly the code isn't that hard :( and no I'm not going to post an entire script so don't ask for that people lol. You all need to learn how to do it yourself, for example you guys asking how to add a new item it is so easy just go to the other items and just duplicate the thing and replace the models and change the obvious things honestly guys :l If you want to go anywhere in your game development career you need to learn how to find out things on your own.. :) Hope that helped some people... But I mean on some things, that stuff doesn't work on, like animal AI, human ai, you can duplicate that S***. NEVER DUPLICATE ANIMAL AI FOR ANOTHER ANIMAL everything will be all weird lol...

nielshenriksen likes this.
  49. Geoffc

Geoffc

Wow! This looks amazing. I have watched the video intro by The Messy Coder and I am very impressed by what this kit seems to offer! I have a few suggestions if they are not already implemented. First of all, an overall game time system would be good so you can limit the play time to a set amount of time and when that time is up it is game over no matter what the food/water or other player stats are at. Also a point/scoring system so points are awarded for achievements such as crafting a specific items or amount of items etc. Also, an achievement system so players are rewarded with a badge, free inventory item or whatever the game developer wants to award them after specific goals are reached such as items crafted, loot collected etc. Combine them and you can create large world battle arena survival games with a time limit which will be great when the multiplayer system is in place because you can challenge other players to gain the most points or achievements in a specific amount of time.

Keep up the great work! I can see you have a lot in the pipeline and it is good to see so many boxes already ticked on the roadmap for upcoming versions.

Geoff

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  50. Gunsrequiem

Gunsrequiem

I'm not sure where this sense of disdain from certain guests arose from on a forum hosted by a team of people who have developed a tool that allows people to download entire projects to assist them in the development of a video game, but that's not for me to interpret. That said, there is a lot of truth to learning to do things on your own, especially when undertaking a project the size of which would require US--however, that doesn't mean you shouldn't seek and/or expect assistance from those who can provide such.

For those that are asking for help, I am planning to fully integrate Ultimate Survival into both Voxeland and Map Magic, while also utilizing a third person controller. As I get to development milestones, I post videos highlighting those milestones (development logs), and I also make videos when I have implemented a new feature that I think is worth noting. I will continue this practice as I continue on in my project, so when I hit the parts of the project that people here are interested in, I'll be sure to post those videos so they can check them out. For now, I'm still building my Map Magic terrain to make it as detailed and all-inclusive as possible, but I will eventually be getting to the Voxeland, procedurally-generated aspects that include the player ability to interact with the Voxeland game world. When I do so, I'll be sure to post those videos here, while also sharing the scripts that allowed me to do so. I will do this not only to help everyone who is looking to develop something similar, but also to be fully transparent with my project so that people who want to purchase it down the road or help support the Kickstarter can make the educated decision to do so on their own time. A small disclaimer, however, is that I am still rather new at coding, so my ways may not always be the most optimized--but they should work.

We should think carefully before we bite the hand that feeds--this is a community that believes in helping one another achieve their dreams of developing a game, so let's always keep that in the forefront of our minds.

I'll make a post here when I have completed that integration, but you can always keep up with the project at siegescape.com . I will be updating the forums before the next developer's log, so that will be the simplest way to see when those integrations occur, as there will be a post for each major development. Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.