Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

It's been delayed in the first place when we lost the files breaking most of the UI and other stuff, now we're just repairing and polishing so we can submit, working as fast as possible here.

TheSeawolf likes this.
  2. TheSeawolf

TheSeawolf

Yep, it will be ready when it's ready.

Winterbyte, don't rush, work to your plan and not others ideals. Those of us who have been in a similar position know the shear exhaustion of marching up that hill.

At the end of the day, we all have other aspects of our games to work on.

uni7y and AngryPixelUnity like this.
  3. LucianPavel

LucianPavel

I think there's a chance we get it posted before Half Life 3 is out..
    Not sure though

csharpstudios and gegebel like this.
  4. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

There is beyond any shadow of a doubt that most Ultimate Survival games on steam are asset flips with virtually no customisation. Some just have demo levels of other assets.

A few even just use winterbytes videos on steam.

Instead when you look at other teams who have their Dev videos on YouTube and talking to them, you see how they are adding their own work and making something different.

TheSeawolf, AngryPixelUnity and uni7y like this.
  5. uni7y

uni7y

6. gegebel

gegebel

uni7y likes this.
  7. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Best of luck to the Winterbyte team as they recover from this. I work in IT so I can relate to the stress caused by losing data. Im going to get Voxeland and work on integrating that with Ult Srvl while you work on repairs.

TheSeawolf and AngryPixelUnity like this.
  8. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

On a related topic Crash Plan is a good investment for anyone who wants to backup their data. I recently got my first subscription its $60 year for unlimited backup storage on multiple devices.

9. OkeanixTR

OkeanixTR

Well mobile support going to destroy market and your asset. Because I know people. They going to reskin and sell your asset to other people even you created it first. They going to call it Mobile Epic Survival Game 100$ and people going to buy it. You can't prevent that piracy. But you can prevent it by removing mobile support. I know a lot people waiting mobile support but they just asset-flipper. It is not that hard to add one button and change quality settings. I know you are not going to listen me but it is just a advice.

10. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

I'm not worried about Asset Flippers. I'm not using US to make a basic game that can even be remotely compared to US. The game I am working on is far more advanced than just US, so it's not like I have to compete with them lol.

If you use US, make the quality better than what is provided, use it as a basis to make it your own, not just a flipped reskinned game. Add features, add quests, goals, make it your own world not the one that is provided.

11. gegebel

gegebel

Some people are just paranoid about asset flippers.

If you put enough work in your game no one ever gonna call you asset flipper. Probably because it seems to be exactly their market.

12. OkeanixTR

OkeanixTR

In Mobile Gaming Quality is not important. If you have money you can create ad campaign and you will get more downloads than good games :) They also cross-promotion asset-flip games to get more downloads this is really bad market and we already have enough 500.000 asset-flip car games we don't need asset-flip survival games too.

Example: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oneppMobileGames.SurvivalIslandraftCrafting

Do we need them more ? Game even don't have canvas scaler or controls or loading screen. Even didn't reskinned or changed color anything this is just build button and 50.000 Downloads easy money. Imagine it with 0.2 of this asset everything is ready.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  13. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Each person who has bought the asset, is free to do with the asset as he pleases, buy this asset not by version 0.1 if not by the route that had the asset, stop advising things like removing the mobile controls for their fears

Excuse my English, a greeting

14. OkeanixTR

OkeanixTR

First read my message than post please. I said people not buy it going download free from Internet or buy it from illegal sources.

How downloading from Internet and buying from another people not damage winterbyte asset. Please tell me i want to know. If you little research on google. 90% of sites sell games with full asset. People going to sell this asset again and that guy will get all money not winterbyte :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  15. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Ok, I'm sorry, sometimes I can not understand the content in English.

16. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Ok guys I just bought Voxeland literally a minute ago, anyone got any tips for integration that could be useful.

Thanks homies,

17. csharpstudios

csharpstudios

@Winterbyte312 copyright the original package, that prevents other people selling your asset.

18. ReZult_Studios

ReZult_Studios

When are you going to make more videos about Ultimate Survival?

19. ReZult_Studios

ReZult_Studios

Thats not how it works, The Asset store says basicly you cant do that because if they buy it then they own all rights to the game they make with that even if they just asset flip it :( so sorry cant happen

20. csharpstudios

csharpstudios

Copyright it but allow use with modification... Once you copyright something you can do what ever you want, including selling it, and allowing people to distribute it with modification

21. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Would you be so kind as to make a quick video please!?

csharpstudios likes this.
  22. csharpstudios

csharpstudios

[Censored]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  23. csharpstudios

csharpstudios

Anyone else find it funny that there is a skull looking at the player, and the "help" button is highlighted?

Brian-Ryer and AngryPixelUnity like this.
  24. Legend458

Legend458

What are those links you posted before about? Were they something to do with illegal US downloads?

25. csharpstudios

csharpstudios

Yes they were, I realized that is just putting them here for everyone, removed them and sent the directly to the publisher

emperor12321 likes this.
  26. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

Copyright is automatic under international law as soon as something meaningful is published in a recognised format, including videos and screenshots. Although I am sure there may be some countries that don't follow it!
    Unity is clear though that an asset can only be used as part of a game with no access to the underlying asset codebase. You cannot for example take a part of one asset include it in another and then re-sell the asset. As long as it is built into a game though that is fine, after all that is the point of the assets in the first place.
    The problem is with assets which can be played as a game, they are too easy to asset flip. I wish asset developers would not go so far and leave the game mechanics to developers, otherwise they will all look too similar once published.

27. ReZult_Studios

ReZult_Studios

Its against the Asset Store terms of service

28. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

EvansSoftware is right.
    The asset store doesn't allow customers to re-sell an asset. @csharpstudios thank you for the links, I'll send a complaint right away. They're, I think, 10 - 11th I send since v0.1 got accepted.

csharpstudios likes this.
  29. Legend458

Legend458

Ok ok.

30. Legend458

Legend458

Hey @Winterbyte312 , how are the UI screenshots coming along?

31. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Great, will show the rest of the menu & loading screen as soon as possible.

32. Legend458

Legend458

Awesome!

33. csharpstudios

csharpstudios

God that's gotta be a pain in the @$$
    Also on the website both the links are onn seems to be the most popular place to leak assets, so just click the search tab and type ultimate survival and see what pops up! I've been hitting it hard recently reporting leaked assets to publishers left and right.

34. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

This is more likely theft rather than copyright infringement, but I am not a lawyer and this is murky ground, it will be one or the other, Winterbyte will need to take the owners of the hosting website to court (probably in any country that applies international law will do). Websites don't find it so easy to hide behind the excuse of 'we can't control what people put on our site' anymore. If the site is hosted in a country that does not abide by the related international treaties then obviously things are more problematic.

35. bobbybau

bobbybau

You guys really believe this BS? I called this a month ago.. Forget about a release to this asset.. it was just a way to grab money from you. move on. For anyone new that hasnt purchased.. DONT until they have a full working release. For all those who have.. dont expect anything past what they already have done. First they said they uploaded the new version knowing they did not.. now all of the sudden there was an issue with the files, then they lied about adding multiplayer and sneakingly removed it to another version. Sorry but you can be fanboys all you want but they know im up to par with their lies.

36. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Nice troll right here. Or is it? Are you really serious?
    Damn, after months of putting 110% into this kit, receiving such comments really infuriates us.

37. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

We never had MP in any version other than 0.3 marked on the roadmap. Meant from the start to be in the third large update.

I know the issue with the files may be hard to believe for some people, but it happened, we were in a hurry and the only working full copy we had was on my computer, because I was the one assembling and polishing everything from everyone.

The main reason for the delays is that I want everything to be better in the kit. That wouldn't have been a problem if it weren't for the time estimates given, I've learned the lesson. And that, coupled with personal issues + things like the hard drive failure created this situation which I'm gonna make sure isn't going to happen again.

38. semietary

semietary

Wouldn't even bother mate. For the price I paid, even if it was only the 1.2 version and done I am happy. Anything beyond that is just cream baby!
    Looking forward to updates as they will save me even more time but what you have already delivered speaks for itself.
    People just want to watch S*** burn.

39. nielshenriksen

nielshenriksen

The first version is worth the amount I have paid. So all other versions is just a bonus. They are doing a great job and I will wait for the next version... and next... and next... and next

uni7y, jesseganey and AngryPixelUnity like this.
  40. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Someone has paid asset daddy issues...

csharpstudios and jesseganey like this.
  41. jesseganey

jesseganey

I dont like your attitude and dont want you on my forum. if thats all you have to do is talk crap then just leave we dont need you and niether does winterbyte.

Will-D-Ramsey likes this.
  42. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

bump for any help with Voxeland 5 :)

fukka yuuuu bobby;)

jesseganey likes this.
  43. chiefarchon

chiefarchon

I noticed that you only joined in February so your account is very new. Did you only join in order to Troll ?

44. chiefarchon

chiefarchon

Keep up the good work Winterbyte a product as good as yours is a joy to use and the upgrade is well worth the wait.

jesseganey and AngryPixelUnity like this.
  45. Sevigor

Sevigor

Well, someone is super salty. Does he not realize the amount of content you get in version 0.1 is still an amazing deal? Most of that S*** sold separately costs more than 35 bucks alone. This dude needs to stop acting entitled.

46. Hexer_

Hexer_

Come on bro, don't let it get to you.

Apologize or make your own survival kit and prove us all how quick and easy it is to build one.

47. csharpstudios

csharpstudios

I don't think they have time for a lawsuit, but I do like that idea.
    F#@K off, The Winterbyte team has been working very hard to give us what we got, and now there working very very hard to give us more.

Its not your forum no matter how hard you try, its unity's. But I do agree. I don't want him here.
    @TheMessyCoder will be messing with it and then doing a video tutorial

48. Oldnag

Oldnag

any one know how to sort the tree spawner to spawn on the whole terrain not just 1/4 of it, it is only 1 terrain 90b7b9f5b97e0cb59041730b1b881640.png

49. csharpstudios

csharpstudios

50. Oldnag

Oldnag

no the spawner u get with the kit for trees and rocks etc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.