Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiefarchon

chiefarchon

I want it too please

2. chiefarchon

chiefarchon

hmm it appears only very few of the trees are working. also I have 999+ errors that say:
    "[TreeCreator] - This tree creator has no tree prefab assigned! | Prototype Index: 0"

3. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Go to the Tree Creators list (TreeManager script), and for each tree defined on your terrain component:
    - Create an element in the list, set an increasing prototype index (0, 1, 2, 3, etc)
    - Set the prefab to be "Empty Tree" (search for it).

Eg.
    If you have 3 tree types, you need 3 elements in the list, with the prototype index 0, 1, 2.

4. chiefarchon

chiefarchon

This is just getting so wierd :p
    There are only two types of trees in my terrain. however it appears that I have to chop very high on most trees to be able to chop them. Some of them I have to jump for, others I'm assuming are just too high for me to chop at all lol .
    The tree models themselves are sitting on the ground just fine.

5. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hmm, have you disabled the "Enable Tree Colliders" toggle on the Terrain component?

6. chiefarchon

chiefarchon

nope it is selected ?

7. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

You need it disabled/unselected.

8. chiefarchon

chiefarchon

Yay EVERY tree is working :p

9. sipps

sipps

Will you add how to create a placeable object from scratch in your manual?

csharpstudios likes this.
  10. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yes

11. nielshenriksen

nielshenriksen

Everything can be changed. What he shows is only example on what we can do

12. gegebel

gegebel

@Winterbyte312 In Trello you wrote for v0.3 in AI/Improvements/Implement the new AI.
    Could you explain what you are trying to achieve or the general vision behind your ideas ?
    I see also friendly AI and villagers. It sounds interesting, I'd like to understand where you are trying to go with this.

13. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

The vision for AI is having smooth movement, more realistic behaviours, and the main goal is creating an NPC system for villagers (so you can trade stuff, maybe some quests, etc.)
    We might have them as an expansion though, we're trying to keep the main thing a purely survival template. We'll expand more on this idea when we start creating 0.3.

TheSeawolf likes this.
  14. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

Damn, Ultimate Survival seems to be following my game ;). I integrated with voxeland and that is going to be added and I replaced the AI to have friendly NPCs that I can trade with and do missions for and now that will be added! It should be released on Steam before the assets are updated though so at least the steam fanatics won't be able to accuse me of asset flipping!

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  15. gegebel

gegebel

Asset Flipping is just a word used by people who have no clue what they are talking about.
    Every big development studio does asset flipping than, since they use systems, models and textures from several games.
    The new Skull & Bones from Ubisoft is just using the naval system from Assassin's Creed Blackflag, is it an asset flip? No.
    There is a difference between using a system and adapt it to your needs and using the system as is.
    Anyone using ANY asset from any store, being asset-store, shutterstock or whatever is asset flipping if you use the definition from most people.
    There is no problem by using an asset which is actually defined to do something and adapt it to your needs.
    You paid for an existing system, why reinvent the wheel? Do you think every car builder is reinventing motors? they use the base and adapt it.
    Many unity games use UniStorm, so they are all just asset flipping? Ultimate Survival is just 1 part of a game.
    Some just publish games without changing anything, that is asset flipping, and even so it is, if people are stupid enough to buy these games, let them. In the end, everyone is happy anyway. Winterbyte gets his money, the person who published the game gets money or not and the people who play the game are happy. So where is the problem ?
    It seems like so many people are mad about asset flipping, while they are not even part of the equation. Why is it the problem of anyone if someone publishes a game which is an asset-flip.
    As a third party, you can just leave comment and say it's an asset flip and let other people the choice to either buy/play the game or not.
    If someone accuses you of asset flipping, you just show them what has been changed and explain why there is no need to change a working system. It's called communication and there will always be someone who will troll you, just don't ignore it and let the fire burn. Address the "issues" and explain. Most people ain't stupid and understand, but trolls.

@Winterbyte312 thanks for the insight.

16. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

I already had the trolls while my game was going through Greenlight accusing me of asset flipping, all they really did was show how ignorant they are. I had already posted a number of videos covering a Faction System, Friendly NPCs, trading, missions, procedural terrain, different AI (to cope with destructible terrain, the new building system, friendly NPCs, ranged NPCs etc) and they still said it was an asset flip, they obviously didn't look closely enough either at Ultimate Survival or my game videos; I just replied and carried on!

17. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Going to post a few main menu screenshots.
    The main menu is a separate dynamic scene, not a static image/picture.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  18. Legend458

Legend458

Wow, looks awesome!

19. uni7y

uni7y

freeking awesome!

20. johny256

johny256

[Quote = "Winterbyte312, post: 3110349, člen: 1187698"] Chystáte se přidat několik hlavních nabídek obrazovky.
    Hlavní menu je samostatná dynamická scéna, není statický obrázek / obrázek.

[/CITÁT]
    Fantastic!

21. Ullukai

Ullukai

Looking good as usual !

22. MP-ul

MP-ul

Can't wait for the Video :D

23. gegebel

gegebel

definitely reminds me of Farcry

LucianPavel and csharpstudios like this.
  24. MarcopoloR

MarcopoloR

Looks great. I do have an important question however about the save/load system. What data is saved? Is it a complete save system? If you customize the game, like put in your own time of day system or custom scripts/assets, how easy is it to add them to the save system?

25. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Saving a custom time of day system requires saving a few variables, that is done easily in any save system.
    The system is generic enough to allow you to save most data. At the moment you need to code a little bit to be able to save everything, we want to make it more noob friendly in 0.2x or even before we release 0.2 if we have time.

26. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Winterbyte312, The menu also has support for mobiles? That is to say that it works in the mobiles everything? The menu, inventory, craft, character control, etc ....?

Do you think that by next week everything will be recovered? And can you mail a copy of the update?

Is that, I'm on vacation and wanted to get ahead with my project

Thx

27. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

The overall graphics and UI are simple, with no transparency and no effects. You can't run all the effects I've shown on a mobile device.

But yeah, you will get a functional menu, in game UI, etc, for mobile devices.

sebasfreelance likes this.
  28. csharpstudios

csharpstudios

Main menu looks beautiful!

29. Reiner

Reiner

awesome

30. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

I know you have plan invector's third-person controller integration in version 0.3.

But I would like to test it before that.

Coud you provide a guideline or tutorial about invector's third-person controller integration?

31. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

It's been some time since I've played with their template. I can try to set it up quickly through Team Viewer if you want.
    Otherwise, you can start integrating (you have to code but not much), and then if you encounter issues let me know and I'll try to help.

You have to connect the damage systems and camera systems mainly.

32. LucianPavel

LucianPavel

33. Gaming-Project

Gaming-Project

@Winterbyte312

Hey,
    Is it possible to use ufps as Charakter Controller?

LucianPavel likes this.
  34. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yes, but you have to code a bit to integrate it. We don't have it integrated and most probably won't have it in the future because v0.2+'s controller will feel similar in quality.

Brandon_Powell likes this.
  35. Supgarn

Supgarn

How many time for Progress

Thanks.

36. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Working as fast and hard as possible. But we're not exactly sure when.

TheSeawolf likes this.
  37. audible

audible

I didn't get an answer so I'll just repeat my question! Would you consider implementing a ballistics system with projectiles instead of hitscan? :)

38. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Projectiles.

39. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Oops sorry I was in a hurry and I didn't understand your question.

We'll still use hitscan but we want to make the system more realistic and add features like bullet drop, etc.
    In 0.3+

40. audible

audible

Alright. Simulated ballistics then! That's easier to handle in a multiplayer environment anyways! Thanks.

41. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Asset flipping is NOT a word used by people who have no clue what their talking about. Have you seen the several games for sale on steam that are 90% this asset with almost nothing replaced, and thats just this asset. Imagine all the assets that this happens to, thats why others and myself use the term assets flipping.

42. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

A video for Emerald would save alot of us alot of trouble

RobsonFMaciel and uni7y like this.
  43. Supgarn

Supgarn

0.2 Is finish within tomorrow or not

Thanks.

44. Supgarn

Supgarn

I am Hurry because i need to my game finish within next months

45. Legend458

Legend458

I don't think Winterbyte will be finished tomorrow as he had an issue with his hard drive. He needs to make the systems again due to this problem. He hasn't given a date as when he expects to be finished. However give them time to make Ultimate Survival a great kit!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  46. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

Unfortunately a lot of people use the term Asset Flipping if you use an asset at all, they look no further than the UI. They do not realise most of the work is under the hood, they have no idea how much code has been added or re-written, that is where they are mostly ignorant. I agree in some cases the use is correct though where it looks like hardly any coding has been done by the 'developer'. For example you could just take Ultimate Survival, UniStorm and emerald AI, put them together with a new terrain and say you made a game! Some so called developers have not even added a save/load system which is frankly very easy to implement for a novice developer, they are waiting for Winterbyte to do it, they really should not call themselves developers!.
    This leads to an interesting point though, the more that is added to assets like Ultimate Survival the less opportunity there is for the developer to put their mark on it. I thought I was making something different by adding procedural destructible terrain, friendly NPCs, trading and missions but in a few months time Ultimate Survival will have them built in.

47. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

We don't have a certain date at the moment, for when we're gonna submit it..

48. AmzerZo

AmzerZo

[Google Trad Fr - En] sorry if bad :p
    Hello,
    I just wanted to congratulate your team Winterbyte312, you do really, very good work!
    Hats off!
    -
    To those who grumble and want version 0.2 now, without waiting, who make their kid, "I want tomorrow, patati ... patata ...". Heck guys,go on worked on your project while waiting for "entertain" you with version 0.2. Do not tell me you're missing JUST version 0.2 to finish your project ?!

Be patient, and respect the work of the team!
    -

Sorry for the complaining, but I just wanted to take your time to get out version 0.2, do the thing as it should be, and do not listen to the people who come that by slamming their fingers. In a few hours, and who will be the first to come and complain if there are bugs.

Really congratulations to you, courage, and good luck for later!

Thank

49. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Thank you :)

50. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

So version 2.0 has been delayed I take it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.