Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doodle911

doodle911

Please Read This
    There is an upside to the HDD failure! Winterbyte will likely make the things that were lost better!

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  2. zef_tutounityfr

zef_tutounityfr

Sadly those things happen and (almost) all of us been through similar issue ! Good luck for the rest of the project.

3. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

I can not believe that I can not get back to work, that I send to the store for your review, get in touch with them, they sure give you some solution.

4. uni7y

uni7y

@Winterbyte312 now all that we do is talking about the HDD crash but I want to know why Unity denied the release? what was the problem...

Brandon_Powell likes this.
  5. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Improper mesh orientation. One of the reasons 0.1 was declined the first time.

Brandon_Powell likes this.
  6. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

I don't know how to feel. I was so anticipating 0.2. TBH I can code everything myself but it's the dang FPS animations that is the pain for me. I have none and can't find any.

Ah well, sorry that happened @Winterbyte312 , that sucks.

7. BeautifulRiver

BeautifulRiver

@Winterbyte312 Sorry about the lost of data. It is unavoidable that some of your customers will have doubts in your project.
    I think it will help building a stronger bonding between you and the community if you can have more frequent and smaller incremental updates.
    I know you are still considering major refactoring of the core codes. How about an 'informal repo' for those want to download the 'latest build' from you. This will assure everyone that you are actively working on the project and give us some idea of the future direction of the project.
    If you don't like that idea, then hopefully your core codes will be stable enough soon that you can have official frequent minor updates.

8. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Good points :)
    However we envisioned 0.2 and 0.3 to be so much better and polished vs 0.1, that doing intermediate bigger updates wouldn't have made sense.

We'll post screenshots on Trello and here with all the different systems as soon as we repair them. I'm sure people will appreciate them. :)

The_Uber_Rasta and doodle911 like this.
  9. doodle911

doodle911

I have mixed opinions. More frequent updates would provide quicker satisfaction for your customers but on the other hand the would be less polished and generally less content.

So instead of more frequent updates you could possible do previews of the upcoming features e.g screenshots or videos.

Sorry about the HDD - these things happen, but the most important thing is to learn to back up your project (and to not give up!)

Thanks

jesseganey and AngryPixelUnity like this.
  10. BeautifulRiver

BeautifulRiver

@Winterbyte312 good luck to the recovery of data. I have similar experience before, the 'nice' thing about it is, with a fresh memory, I ended up refactoring completely and coding more strenuously!
    We all hope to see the next update sooner and better.

11. MarcopoloR

MarcopoloR

Don't know what to think. Sorry this happened to you if this is indeed what happened. That sounds like terrible luck. From the perspective of my enlightened self interest or whatever I realize I should not let my project totally depend on a third party vendor. Going to do what I should have done in the first place- code my own f...ing game.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  12. johny256

johny256

Write to support unity. Unity tim will give you access to your version of 0.2

13. gegebel

gegebel

Not acceptable, because the asset submission was already pushed back several times. I didn't just buy 0.1 but also everything else which was due to come with 0.2 and 0.3.
    Maybe you are using Unity for fun, since you are here only since January, put some people do live of it. 1 month back means my game will be pushed back 1 month. it means I have to explain the publisher why its pushed back, not you, not Winterbyte. When my kids will be asking what's to eat, maybe I'll just tell them to ask again next month.
    No my game wasn't supposed to be published this or next month, it still pushes ALL plans back. I hired someone to work on the game in 4 days. Now I will have to tell him he will have to wait 15 days. Maybe he will be able to work then, maybe not.
    Because you just play with Unity, doesn't mean other people are not living of it.
    Next time, think about the consequences, before just giving your unintelligent opinion about it.

uni7y, adndima and AngryPixelUnity like this.
  14. Gunsrequiem

Gunsrequiem

Hey guys, cut them some slack.

Last year, I lost everything I had been working on, and despite it being a small project at the time, it meant starting everything from scratch. Since then, I have a Dropbox repository that automatically saves my updated files, among other backups in place.

From what I've seen from these developers so far, they are dedicated to each and every one of you. I have contacted Pavel directly for support for an issue, and he took time out of his very busy day to hop on Skype and show me some of the ropes in regards to what I needed help with. Furthermore, we are only guaranteed version 0.1. Honestly, the developer could charge to update to 0.2 and so on, but they are not. You paid a one time fee, and now every single bead of sweat that goes into the next updates will cost you nothing.

Please, have some mercy and give them some time to deliver a polished 0.2. I can already guarantee you that it will be worth it. Remember, patience and persistence pays off.

15. OkeanixTR

OkeanixTR

LOL. I am developer and have a game with made of this asset. I almost changed entire scripts, graphic assets etc. If you think you are good you can add yourself.

If you are not able to add anything yourself why using unity ? Don't call yourself developer if you can'T do anything yourself. Im sick of this asset flippers. You are not pushed back 1 month because v0.2 you pushed back because you are suck. I already added everything in v0.2 myself.

Go back your asset-flip games kid. Also don't call people amateur even you can't add anything yourself.

whatbus2000 likes this.
  16. paulbuck86

paulbuck86

@Winterbyte312 I wanted to thank you for you quick response to my issue. I also want to thank you for your patience with our community. I believe the constructive criticism above will not only help your team grow, but will help the project become even better than it would originally be.

Cordially,

17. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Absolutely.

18. whatbus2000

whatbus2000

Sorry to hear all the troubles you have been having recently. Horrible thing to happen to anyone. People can speculate all they want but if Winterbyte wasn't serious about this asset why would they take all this aggression from certain people so cordially. They have produced such quality thus far so why think they wont continue to so.

19. erichey

erichey

Thanks for all the hard work, so sorry to hear about the complications!

20. gegebel

gegebel

It's not about @Winterbyte312 not being serious, it's about losing time waiting for submission, now again because of the HDD.
    Winterbyte is great, no question. Still leaves a bad taste after so much time waiting. Added to this, people have really bad experience when it comes to assets, because many start an asset, cash in, do promises and just disappear.
    I've spent lots of money in assets and I can say at least 30% is just lies.

@OkeanixTR why buy the asset since you can do it all yourself apparently. Seems like you are the great Unity master uh?

21. MarcopoloR

MarcopoloR

I am not angry, just a little frustrated. Also some people are experts and some parts of game development but not others. They may know a lot about level design and animation but not so much about the intricacies of JSON serialization, for instance. I can probably change most things to customize my own game except for creating a professional save/load system, making the build system so it doesn't use that stupid wheel, and I was also looking forward to some nice swim animations.
    It would go a long way towards improving customer good will I think if Winterbyte could at least provide people who have purchased the product with a link to the beta version if they want it, with the understanding that support may be limited until 0.2 if out. We are developers and I think most of us can accept that it may be less than perfect and we can work with it.
    In the meantime, since my wife has to work this afternoon anyway I started a fresh unity project and did this-

I still think I would rather work with this project than start my own from scratch but am hedging my bets, plus it is a good learning experience to try to do some on my own.

22. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

:)
    Wheel is out in 0.2, I agree it was pretty clunky and stupid.
    We have pretty nice swimming animations in 0.2, tried to make it like Far Cry as we love that franchise, especially FC3.

Will post a video asap showing swimming and the animations.

chiefarchon, doodle911, uni7y and 2 others like this.
  23. MarcopoloR

MarcopoloR

That is awesome, and exactly why I want 0.2. I don't give a rats behind, about the graphics and meshes in 0.2 as I am using my own anyway. I am willing to work with what you have now if those particular features I want are currently working. If not I guess I will have to wait or go it my own. Also I am not so much doing a FPS type zombie survival game or RUST multiplayer, more like a single player Subnautica/Stranded Deep style survival game, probably won't use any weapon technology higher than a bow and arrow or speargun.

Anyway, sorry about the frustration, and sorry you lost a lot of work. I would be really surprised if the asset store doesn't have a copy or will not give it to you. The person who was going to work on this with me and do most of the coding flaked on me several months ago after I had done much of the artwork, so I that was pretty frustrating too.

24. csharpstudios

csharpstudios

Yes, I back up every project I do at the end of every day to an external hard drive, and I keep them on my PC so if one crashes, I still have it, now if both crash, It was just meant to be lost
    ----
    Harsh way of putting it, but its very true, some people make a living off of this and for the people an indecent like this could break them
    ----
    stop being an asshat, I haven't implemented anything from 2.0 because if I'm told its going to be done by the developer in something I already payed for, I'm not going to add it because I have something better to do
    ---
    It sounds a lot like your blaming @Winterbyte312 for these delays, Its not entirely his fault, and the HDD is defiantly not his fault. Think he wanted this to happen? No, why would you do all this hard work and then want to lose it all?
    ----
    @gegebel
    @OkeanixTR
    @ronaldomoon
    Not trying to be an ass, but you all sound like a bunch of five year olds
    ----
    @Winterbyte312 Sorry about the HDD, thanks for letting us know, and all those people who already have, and those in the future who will try to put you down for it, ignore them, everyone else in the community is cheering you on! As @doodle911 said, I would recommend backing up daily. Sorry again about the HDD, and like a few people said, try and contact unity see if they could possible get you a copy of your 2.0.
    Best Wishes,
    The C# Development Team!

25. Old_Wolf

Old_Wolf

That's bad news mate, but I have faith in you. 0.1 was an epic asset release, and I am sure that 0.2 will be just as good when it gets here. Blizzard software had it right..'release it when it is finished'. The only feature missing from the 0.1 release, as far as I am concerned would be the item placement. That should have been finished imho. I have plenty to keep me occupied until 0.2 is READY..Don't rush it just because people are impatient, I'd rather have the product that you WANTED to release, rather than one that you rushed to.

26. csharpstudios

csharpstudios

Yes...
    Agreed...
    Beautiful...
    I'm done
    You read my mind
    This is like, I cant even describe how good this is. @Winterbyte312 This has to be the best life motto thing I have ever read. I agree 100% Release what you wanted to release, not what you were forced to. The community can find something to do... and If they cant, if their projects rely on this that much, they can do it them selves.

Old_Wolf and jesseganey like this.
  27. paulbuck86

paulbuck86

Sounds like most of you want the team to bloody build the game for you. For how cheap his asset is, what he offered already massively outweighs what he charged. Most of those systems can take weeks to build, if not months. The fact he's not creating another "Pro" version for the upcoming system shows his commitment to his customers. Give the team some time, and if that means six months. Then give them six months.

28. Legend458

Legend458

Sorry to hear what happened to your hard drive. Hopefully you can get back on track! Like others have mentioned, there's no way to contact the Unity Store and somehow get the 0.2 build back that you submitted?

csharpstudios likes this.
  29. doodle911

doodle911

Nice

30. BeautifulRiver

BeautifulRiver

A few people encouraged winterbyte312 to take as much time as needed to polish his product before he release 0.2. I would suggest otherwise. We can see that there are customers of different expectation and patience here.
    Winterbyte312 is selling his product, so it is important that a good percentage of his customer is happy.
    Based on this forum, we can see that a large number of his customers are eager to see 0.2. I believe it is important for winterbyte312 to keep us informed of his progress while taking reasonable time to release an update.
    Many customers are hobby game develops and can't do everything on their own. They are eager to purchase US because they are hyped by the potential and the original timeline for US. They want to upgrade their own code to work with 0.2 ASAP.
    We have to be careful not to slight or insult the feelings of legitimate customers when we suggest winterbyte312 to take as much time as necessary to polish 0.2 before releasing it.

jesseganey, uni7y, gegebel and 2 others like this.
  31. OkeanixTR

OkeanixTR

Well i call you asset flipper because you don't want do anything yourself just sitting and waiting new version. Even new version not enough for making good game just saying. Hiring people really ? Even you can't use unity. Who hire people for asset-flip project. LOL

You are just an 6 years old kid.

32. OZAV

OZAV

WinterByte, backup daily all your work, on 2 separate disks, that are NOT in your computer, where your product is ... That's what we do ...it's Unity :) ... ... ... 2 copies ... of everything ... daily ... ... ... ... ... ... ... (your faithful customers :) ).

33. gegebel

gegebel

For someone who programmed everything in v0.2, you sound pretty overwhelmed for a simple port to mobile, if you can't wait...
    Stop bragging about how you programmed everything for your game, you did nothing.
    Now you better stop even mentioning me in your posts, because you are not even worth my time.

34. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

I can not believe that you can not recover the copy that I sent to the store for the review.

;):(:confused::):cool::p:mad:;):eek:;):eek::rolleyes:o_Oo_O:):eek::rolleyes:o_O:):p:D

pushingpandas likes this.
  35. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Yeah, what is the status winterbyte? Can unity send you the asset ?

36. Kaen_SG

Kaen_SG

@gegebel @OkeanixTR
    You guys need to take a chill pill and look away from the monitor for a while... before someone shows up with a stick and takes away your rights. Also you have both gone waaaaay OT. Chill guys... :)

37. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

May I remind everyone to keep cool in this thread please?

ronaldomoon likes this.
  38. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Could you please verify if the unity assetstore steam can send the sended asset back to the developer since he had a datacrash or do you toss the assets when they got declined?

39. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

I don't know to be honest. That is something only the Asset Store Team can answer. He will have to contact them directly.

40. csharpstudios

csharpstudios

Yes I understand that winterbyte needs to keep people happy, but are the customers going to happy to get a crappy rushed asset? No
    ----
    Dude SHUT UP AND STOP BEING AN ASSHAT
    @Thomas-Pasieka sorry bout that but it's what he is being
    ----
    Look @gegebel, @OkeanixTR is doing that on purpose and he's feeding of your anger in your replys, it what he wants. Don't give it to him, and I would report him for harassment/bullying because that's really what it is

41. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

You supporting your kids by buying a asset from the asset store? How wise is this, ask yourself?

Maybe you should have had another plan if things go wrong. I think the author has released amazing asset and things happened.. so now what you expecting a miracle?

42. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

Again folks, keep it civil. No name calling, no tantrums, no spewing hate etc. I will delete comments left and right if necessary (or get more drastic if needed). Thanks for your cooperation.

Judge Dredd

chiefarchon and csharpstudios like this.
  43. Ullukai

Ullukai

ya, sorry to hear the news about the HDcrash and delays. I had those things happen to me b4 but these kingda things shouldnt make you quit. It should make you want to keep going and make it better !

and.. i still gotta say: Thanks for this awesome Ultimate Survival template !

44. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

upload_2017-6-12_18-1-51.png

45. Kaen_SG

Kaen_SG

holy crap... all the moderators are flooding in now... gotta find me a rock to hide behind before the shooting starts... :p

46. doodle911

doodle911

ahhahaha

47. whatbus2000

whatbus2000

Its not that serious of an issue. Everyone needs to be calm as no one has died or been physically hurt. Yes everyone is different and have different reasons for buying the asset but honestly if I made this asset and was reading half the comments I would just throw it all in. Whatever your urgency with the next version of the asset, being uncivil to anyone including other customers will get you nothing. Be grateful that this asset even exists and make the devs feel supported before they give up on the community.

48. doodle911

doodle911

Well said.

The_Uber_Rasta and jesseganey like this.
  49. MrGky93

MrGky93

i can say it will not come this month the update 0.2!
    So close the thread and be happy when it come out or build your own update.

50. C0rt3x

C0rt3x

Hello,

I saw on:

https://trello.com/b/gmNow8UL/ultimate-survival

That it only remains the tutorial part, so an update from version 0.12 to v2 would be nice is when the tutorials will be finished a move to v2.1 would be nice I am looking forward to see the construction of the backup part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.