Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunsrequiem

Gunsrequiem

Thanks for the help! As of now, I've managed to get it pretty functional with just the World Camera parented to my third player model. I felt some trepidation about going through each and every script and trying to figure out what I should modify and what I should leave alone. I attempted to create another variable in PlayerEventHandler, but the camera function I was using seemed pretty broken and I ended up with a jumbled mess of raycasts.

That said, with the World Camera parented to my player I am able to cut down trees and mine without any significant issue (since the player is facing forward anyway) and I am able to build with only a few minor problems in terms of placing foundations (they pretty much go anywhere). In terms of the FP Manager script, I'm curious as to whether or not you think it's worth trying to utilize the third person controller weapons with the Ultimate Survival inventory (which will require per-item integration) or attempt to get the FP Manager script working with both my 3rd and 1st person cameras so that I can place the Ultimate Survival models in my character's hands. I really, really want to work with your inventory system since it's phenomenal, but I'm not really sure in which direction I should proceed. It would be wonderful to keep your inventory and the procedural animations, whilst simply attaching the models to my characters and utilizing the procedural animations.

Any advice you might offer would, once again, be very valuable to me.

Thank you!

EDIT: Actually, the weapons work pretty well themselves with the raycasts parented to the camera I have active, but they obviously don't move in the Z axis because they are normally parented to the controller that is already moving in that direction. That said, I'm thinking I should be able to get them pretty functional if I simply adjust them so they respond to the Z axis of the camera viewpoint. I was actually able to do this simply by utilizing the MouseLook script without applying my character model to the player root. This allows smooth aim without adjusting my character with it. Now I just need to fix the weapons/animations! Then I'll just need to adjust the animations so they work with my character--this shouldn't be too difficult if I just parent them to the appropriate appendages and then call them when needed. Hopefully this will allow me to still use your weapon and inventory systems :D

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  2. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

*Xamos appears from the Shadows... and has a possible floating point workaround* ... So anyways, this works for me! The bow no longer shakes.

http://wiki.unity3d.com/index.php?title=Floating_Origin

This here sets your origin to 0, X, 0 every now and then if you get too far away from the threshold.

At a glance, it's working. My bow no longer shakes, etc.

gegebel likes this.
  3. gegebel

gegebel

On which Camera did you use this script ? While it says it should be put on the mainCamera, wouldn't it make sense to use the FP Camera for this script ?

4. takayamomijichirorutei

takayamomijichirorutei

how can i change buildable piece color green, red to black

5. gegebel

gegebel

there's a material you can just change, check the "Building Piece" script on the prefabs

6. takayamomijichirorutei

takayamomijichirorutei

public void SetCustomColor(Color color)
    {
    m_Image.color = color;
    }
    public void SetDefaultColor()
    {
    m_Image.color = m_DefaultColor;
    }
    private void Awake()
    {
    m_Image = GetComponent<Image>();
    m_DefaultColor = m_Image.color;
    }

like here? too difficult/

OR

Main mesh none
    Placement FX none
    Preview Mat none ←here?

7. gegebel

gegebel

8. zef_tutounityfr

zef_tutounityfr

Hey everyone, getting a bit stuck since this morning.

I'm currently adding a swimming system to the asset. The player can currently dive and move underwater, I managed to change the player's values (speed, jump height, gravity, ..) when underwater pretty easily but I'm stuck on the "swimming up to the surface" part.

I'm currently using this code to get out of the water (in the update function of CCDrivenController.cs):

Code (CSharp):
    1. if(isSwimming && Input.GetButton("Swim")){
    2.     m_CurrentVelocity.y = m_JumpHeight * 2;
    3. }
    As long as the player press the spacebar he's moving toward the surface but the thing is that the player can't actually move around as he's moving towards the surface (can't use WASD because not grounded I guess ?), any idea how I could add / remove / adapt things with the CCDrivenController script to allow the player to move around ?

I made a quick video example because it's a bit hard to explain :)

The_Uber_Rasta likes this.
  9. takayamomijichirorutei

takayamomijichirorutei

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  10. gegebel

gegebel

@_Diios you could just set the player to grounded when swimming I guess.
    Another option would be to give the player more airControl.
    just ideas, didn't test.

11. zef_tutounityfr

zef_tutounityfr

Thank you for your suggestions, airControl was the first thing I thinked about but it's not changing anything. I tried to set the player grounded when swimming but again nothing changes, I guess another method is preventing this swim condition to work as expected.

EDIT : Indeed, it seems like another method is seting isGrounded to false even tho I'm seting it to true when Swiming

12. TalkieTalkie

TalkieTalkie

So, how much coding is required to use this asset? (unless it's like Adventure Creator for non programmers)

And is there integration with Playmaker, Behavior Designer and Enviro? Or do we have to do everything through coding? (not a programmer myself, made my last game with Adventure Creator and these three assets I mentioned, only)

Customizable asset like this along with ability to add enemies (ranged and melee) controlled with Behavior Designer, and a co-op MP with at least 6 players, would be amazing. Hell, I'll purchase it right now. :p

PS: MP co-op, with dedicated server options and Steam VAC integration?

13. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

So? Whats the status of 0.2 ?

grosgames and tra2002 like this.
  14. csharpstudios

csharpstudios

grosgames likes this.
  15. MrGky93

MrGky93

it need to 100% 5-14 days to approved it

16. MarcopoloR

MarcopoloR

I was playing around with trying to get swimming to work. This is probably not the professional way to do things(
    I am an artist who knows just enough c# to be dangerous) but I gave up messing with the survival cc and wrote a script that turns the ultimate survival cc off when I enter the water and turns on my own swimming/diving script I made for the player. It mostly seems to work, sometimes a slight jitter when exiting the water and difficult to jump onto steep rocky sides but I sure I can work on it. I will probably still use whatever comes out in version 0.2 because it will probably be better than what I came up with.

Here is how I did if for anyone interested, probably not the most professional but for me the simplest solution-

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    5. namespace UltimateSurvival
    6. {
    8.     public class Diver : MonoBehaviour
    9.     {
    11.         private CCDrivenController _firstPersonController;
    12.         private CharacterController _characterController;
    14.         private NewMotor3 _underwaterMotor;
    16.         public float waterSurfacePosY;
    17.         private bool isInWater;
    21.         // Use this for initialization
    22.         void Start()
    23.         {
    25.             isInWater = false;
    27.             _firstPersonController = GetComponent<CCDrivenController>();
    28.             _characterController = GetComponent<CharacterController>();
    29.             _underwaterMotor = GetComponent<NewMotor3>();
    35.         }
    37.         // Update is called once per frame
    38.         void Update()
    39.         {
    40.             if (gameObject.transform.position.y < (waterSurfacePosY))
    41.             {
    42.                 isInWater = true;
    44.             }
    46.             if (gameObject.transform.position.y > (waterSurfacePosY))
    47.             {
    48.                 isInWater = false;
    50.             }
    56.             if (isInWater == true)
    57.             {
    58.                 _firstPersonController.enabled = false;
    59.                 _underwaterMotor.enabled = true;
    61.             }
    63.             if (isInWater == false)
    65.             {
    66.                 _firstPersonController.enabled = true;
    67.                 _underwaterMotor.enabled = false;
    69.             }
    70.         }
    73.     }
    74. }

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    gegebel likes this.
  17. bobbybau

bobbybau

End of the month.. told ya :) no update.. FAILED

18. Legend458

Legend458

When is the 0.2 update arriving?

19. MrGky93

MrGky93

in one week or when they dont approved it next month

20. gvenez

gvenez

21. gvenez

gvenez

Correction, its not winterbyte team. It's another knowledeable user. I did a complete covefefe sorry.

Winterbyte, can you join us there?

22. takayamomijichirorutei

takayamomijichirorutei

how to change buildable piece plan prediction color green, red to black.....

23. TalkieTalkie

TalkieTalkie

So wait, is the developer not here or what? Last post was on Monday. That's a long time with no replies..

24. gegebel

gegebel

Script BuildingHelpers.cs, change line 143
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Color c = m_PlacementAllowed ? new Color(0, 1, 0, m_PreviewColor.a) : new Color(1, 0, 0, m_PreviewColor.a);
    to
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Color c = m_PlacementAllowed ? new Color(0, 1, 0, m_PreviewColor.a) : new Color(0, 0, 0, m_PreviewColor.a);

25. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

We're here :p
    We tried to stay focused on finishing 0.2 in the last weeks. We tried to respond to e-mails as fast as possible, but since in the forums there are a lot of people helping each other we left a few days gap between checking it out.

Can you post a small video or GIF of what's happenning? More importantly, post the code that's moving the camera.

A simple way to save the player vitals (health, stamina, etc) is to save them as floats. Have a OnLoad() and OnSave() method on the PlayerVitals script.
    * OnLoad() will load them in the health, stamina, etc variables.
    * OnSave() will save the vitals.

Have you made any progress? Either way we can help you, send an e-mail to winterbyte312@gmail.com and I'll implement a simple third person version for you. Just to see how to start doing your own.

Alright, let us know in the end what happened and what you need. I can help you through Team Viewer quickly to sort out your code if you get stuck.

You can add a "inWater" boolean, and as long as isGrounded or inWater is true, make the player able to move with WASD.

Playmaker can be used with this kit. There are a lot of settings for non coders, and you can use it as is. But the kit was designed to be expanded, code-wise. And that's our focus for the future. It is great even for non-coders, but programming will make the most of it.

MP Coop coming in 0.3, and that's all I can say because we haven't started on it yet. We'll update Trello with more info when we start on 0.3.

26. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Version 0.2 is done except for:
    - We're waiting for an animator to complete the new animal animations.
    - A few bugs.
    - Documentation update.

I'll update Trello.
    We'll submit it as fast as possible.

27. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

You have not submitted it yet? :( Oh please.. submit it and bring the missing stuff in 0.2b We are on hold since Jan :(

gegebel likes this.
  28. mimminito

mimminito

Brilliant, thanks for the hard work on getting the update out!

29. gegebel

gegebel

-Screw the animations, they can be updated.
    -bugs can be fixed if they are not game-breaking
    -documentation can be done after the release :D

Am I impatient ? yes. We are kinda dependent on your updates to move on.
    What am I waiting for the most ? Inventory, UI and Building. But also the saving system is mice to have and the new stuff. go go @Winterbyte312 submit so we can start working :p

nielshenriksen and jesseganey like this.
  30. gegebel

gegebel

In all honesty, watching Trello I'D rather have farming and fishing in 0.3 and move pets, skills/level/classes and multiplayer to 0.4.
    I know many people are looking for multiplayer, but why not make the easy things first so they are out of the way ?
    I guess fishing and farming is kind of basics for typical survival games.

vicapps likes this.
  31. takayamomijichirorutei

takayamomijichirorutei

gegebel likes this.
  32. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Thanks for your hard work. Looking forward to your update.

33. UltraTM

UltraTM

Since im also an dev. As Soone as possible to start with mulitplayer. Cause you need to implement all stuff to be comapible with multiplayer too. So when you make all the other stuff "single" player functions, its a very hard way and then you need to rewrite everything again for multiplayer. So would make no sense at all to me.

34. gegebel

gegebel

That's the problem, multiplayer wasn't taken into account from start, so they should finish most basic stuff for single player game before starting to mess with scripts trying to make them compatible in multiplayer. If you ask me, multiplayer should be written from scratch and built on top of it, instead of trying to force multiplayer in a product which wasn't meant to be that way from start.
    I'd love to see multiplayer as much as everyone, but I know from experience, this will mess up all the rest, so finish the single player, then make an update to multiplayer.

35. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Multiplayer will come in v0.3. I agree with you but in v0.3 the single player stuff will be in place and solidified. All the systems would've been refactored a few times by then, etc. 0.4 is more like a filler update, farming and fishing will be implemented fast.

gegebel likes this.
  36. Sevigor

Sevigor

Good. I personally would like Multiplayer in v0.3, so that makes me happy.

Will you guys be using the Unity Networking or some third party asset for it? Do you guys have anything you want 100% in multiplayer?

37. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

We'll use UNET.
    Mostly what you find in games like Rust, Ark, The Forest, etc.
    We're not sure how it'll be at this point, we want to release a few 0.2x updates to solidify the 0.2 release.

38. gegebel

gegebel

They announced they will use UNet, I would hate to rely on 3rd party tbh.

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  39. Sevigor

Sevigor

I didn't see that announcement. And I agree, I'd be slightly disappointed if they relied on a third party. Glad to hear the awesome things on the way!

40. zef_tutounityfr

zef_tutounityfr

Can confirm ! Got an answer in less than 2 hours :)

I thought about this but it seems like I didn't found the correct way to do it or I probably forgot something. I tried with this condition at the beginning of the Update function, didn't tried @MarcopoloR alternative at the moment but seems like a good idea !
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (isSwimming == true && m_Controller.isGrounded == false) {
    2.                 m_LastCollisionFlags = m_Controller.Move (m_CurrentVelocity * Time.deltaTime);
    3.                 if(Input.GetButton("Swim")){
    4.                     m_CurrentVelocity.y = m_JumpHeight * 4;
    5.                 }
    6.             }
    Last question, I was thinking about the multiplayer integration of 0.2, will we be able to integrate multiplayer to our current projects easily or too much "motor" scripts changed ?

41. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Multiplayer is coming in v0.3.
    0.2 is not compatible with 0.1 and 0.3 will not be compatible with 0.2.
    Because each new 0.x will be radically different from the last one.

42. grosgames

grosgames

When do you think it is online winterbyte312

43. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Not sure :) You can check the Trello page to see if we've submitted the asset. Once submitted, it depends on the asset store review team, how long it takes.

grosgames likes this.
  44. grosgames

grosgames

Ok ty

45. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

@Winterbyte312 - Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee *jumps around like a little school girl* Does that mean that ICE is implemented too!? Like you got it working? What parts are implemented?

46. Glock113

Glock113

So are you telling us that any work we do in 0.2 will be trash again when 0.3 comes out?

CaptainMurphy likes this.
  47. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

That will mainly happen when you upgrade from 0.1 to 0.2.
    0.2 to 0.3 should be better.

I said that so you don't expect 0 errors after upgrading.
    We want to improve the kit greatly with each 0.x version. We can't offer compatibility assurance until we at least finish the multiplayer update (when we're sure the framework and codebase won't change much).

48. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

The behaviours from Ultimate Survival's AI made with ICE :) As an example.

The_Uber_Rasta likes this.
  49. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Awesome... I love you.

So does this mean that I can use ICE to make chickens, wolves, enemies, farm animals etc using the default ICE structure, and the damage and such will still use US?

50. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yes, U.S damage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.