Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ullukai

Ullukai

I hope you use RPC or raknet for online multiplayer 'cos I cant afford this Unet or Photon CCUs stuff. What are you going to use for online ?

2. UltraTM

UltraTM

Unet is very powerful and you are totally free.

Photon i also dont like. And Raknet was a mess in a few games allready.

On the Assetstore site you can read Unet.

Unet is really powerfull and you are free no need to pay something and so on. No need to always update stuff extra when something changes. I like the idea of using unity for all stuff.

3. gegebel

gegebel

This is a survival asset, not terrain. There are different voxel assets you can buy, for example Voxeland 5 is pretty nice.

4. gegebel

gegebel

There was no update lately. Last version is 0.12 which was mostly unity 5.6 support. V0.2 is scheduled for end of May. So probably next week.

5. gegebel

gegebel

@Winterbyte312 said they are going to use Unet. They plan on co-op more than large-scale multiplayer, and I think it's a good thing tbh.

6. Ullukai

Ullukai

ya i jus read about UNet. It's confusing some parts work without paying : https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unet-seems-fine.427415/#post-2763031
    http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/1197134/unet-am-i-limit-to-20-ccu-even-if-i-dont-use-the-m.html

7. gegebel

gegebel

8. FungusMonkey

FungusMonkey

Anyone know how to stop the player from shaking in anything other than the default example scene?

9. gegebel

gegebel

what do you mean by shaking ?

10. FungusMonkey

FungusMonkey

When I use the default scene. (forest) the character or the items stay perfectly still. I have expanded that terrain after removing the objects and same thing happens.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pd6iapwfhqe9or2/Unity 5.6.1f1 Personal (64bit) - Forest.unity - Primal Survival 0.0.1a - PC, Mac & Linux Standalone_ _DX11_ 5_27_2017 9_26_49 AM.mp4?dl=0

Drop box link to clip example. Hopefully you can see it. New to drop box

NOTE: This happens on any terrain I create from scratch also.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  11. grosgames

grosgames

Hi

How can i setup gaia with us?

Is there a tutorial ? Greets

12. PuppyGamingDev

PuppyGamingDev

I tried it, basically replaced the map with one created in Gaia. If you want to do it properly you can replace the trees that are generated in Gaia with the ones from the survival asset. I'm fairly new to this so I haven't tried it all yet.

grosgames likes this.
  13. LeeannM

LeeannM

Its pretty simply just import gaia create your terrain usthe the texture spawner clustered tree spawner coverage tree spawner and coverage detail spawner rocks be better off placing with GENA add the tree manger script to the gaia terrain you can look at the manually how to set that up but thats it only problem i was having is with the rocks but if you add the scripts to your rocks that your using you can use the gameobject spawner so they can be mineable im using gaia and gena. You can use speedTrees dont have to use the trees that come with US

14. grosgames

grosgames

Thnx for the reply i wil try thnx

15. gegebel

gegebel

I never had this issue tbh. Looks like the animation is broken, or the prefab

16. FungusMonkey

FungusMonkey

Not sure. I have tried doing over several times. Blank scene. The forest one stripped but enlarged which I am using in video. I will try a few more things and see if it fixes. I will report. It seems the large terrain may be the issue. Mine is huge at 20000, 20000 which I wish to use. I will experiment with different sizes and test.

17. FungusMonkey

FungusMonkey

OK, I have done extensive testing. Not sure if the application is at fault or not or it is unity which I am using the latest version. I have created a height map using L3DT which is free to download and use and importing as raw into unity. With a flat default scene, no issues. As soon as I import the raw file, the shaking begins again although not as bad and would come to a stop but, when I placed a tree, rock or even an empty object to copy position to move player from corner, it got much worse. I did not notice the issue without the raw file. I did notice though that with the tree, after player moved to its position raw or not, the bow when pulled back sent the arrow to the top left of the screen visually instead of pulling straight back but tip and aiming was fine. For testing I used a tree from the mountain tree pack in the asset store. NOTE: after moving player, I deleted target object.

dashasalo likes this.
  18. Markedavis2001

Markedavis2001

Has anyone tried adding an item to a storage chest via script? I can add items to the campfire, anvil, inventory, etc. but I can't figure out how to make my own storage chest and add something via script.

19. Gunsrequiem

Gunsrequiem

First and foremost, I want to commend you on this asset. I have implemented it into my project, and it is working wonderfully.

Now, if anyone could help me with this, I would greatly, greatly appreciate it. I have looked through this forum in regards to implementing a third-person mode, and I did find some helpful tips. However, what I'm trying to do is very specific:

I would like to have a first- and third-person mode. I already have the controller and the dynamic camera set up to switch the views. However, if anyone could offer some tips on how to actually implement all the pieces of the Ultimate Survival asset (raycasts, inventory, building, etc.) on the third person view, I would greatly appreciate it.

Finally, I would like to set up the first-person view to use the arms/hands of the actual player model. Do you think it's wiser to try and use the same assets that come with Ultimate Survival, or build the entire "look" of the first-person view myself (attach weapons, set camera and item bobs, etc.)?

Again, any help would be appreciated.

20. gegebel

gegebel

It is not recommended to have terrains bigger than 2048 side. If you want a bigger terrain, I would suggest using several terrain chunks. For this, I personally use MapMagic. One of the reason for this is probably the shaking you see on your weapon, it seems to be the so-called "floating point" error. I would recommend testing on 1000*1000 or 2000*2000 terrain max. See if this might be the issue.

FungusMonkey likes this.
  21. gegebel

gegebel

While I can't help you achieve what you want, I would suggest you use your own asset. Main reason would be to bring your own vibe into the game. Inventory should not be a problem at all since it's only UI based.
    The only real "problem" is raycasting, since most things rely on this. Building, Pickup, Harvesting and so on. Besides the building, there is nothing really problematic. I decided to wait for v0.3 where it's planned to be supported anyway :D

22. gegebel

gegebel

Did you look at the InventoryController in the Male_Player asset ? there you can set items at start in inventory, maybe it will show you the right direction.

23. dashasalo

dashasalo

I've got the same issue... unfortunately happens with Map Magic and small terrains as well. No idea what's causing it though. Please share your your findings if you get to the bottom of this.

24. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Nope not yet

25. OkeanixTR

OkeanixTR

Hi i ported android myself but when i touch on screen mouse (android) teleport and player look that direction how to prevent that. I just want to rotate when touch.

if (Input.touchCount > 0 && Input.GetTouch(0).phase == TouchPhase.Moved)
    {

I did this but still when i touch other buttons it will teleport again.

Also i have to touch screen for animation play without touching screen walk or run animaton not playing for FP Animation.

Really thanks for anyone help me how to fix this.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  26. FungusMonkey

FungusMonkey

Well, thought it was the raw file thing but I have found that for some reason, it is the distance away from 0,0 where the player is originally instantiated. If you start with a new setup, and say place a rock somewhere else on the map or an empty object and swap cords to move player to that location, it happens. I also tested slowly dragging the player away from 0,0 and found the farther away I got, the worse it got. Around 300, 300 is when it starts to get shaky. Of course this is approx. Nothing I did could seem to stop this. What I did to get around it mostly and end up with only a little shaking which runs and stops mostly with the bow is save my players location using player prefs and run my butt to where I wanted to be for design. Change the players run speed to higher, the stamina depletion to 0 and run there then change back. It is obviously a bug they will fix I am sure and I am wondering if it has more to do with our systems than the actual asset in general. I have a GeForce GTX 1070 card. Not sure what you have but, if it is only happening to a few, it is most likely a hardware issue. Unity is the same for us all. I Tried blank unity only with no other assets and this asset with the same result so, not a conflict with another asset I seems. Not sure of your experience but If this helps, here is the script you will need. Attach to your player. C#

using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;
    public class PlayerSave : MonoBehaviour
    {
    public GameObject PlayerObject;
    // Use this for initialization
    void Start()
    {
    Vector3 savedPosition = new Vector3(PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("playerX"), PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("playerY"), PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("playerZ"));
    PlayerObject.transform.position = savedPosition;
    }
    // Update is called once per frame
    void Update()
    {
    PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("playerX", PlayerObject.transform.position.x);
    PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("playerY", PlayerObject.transform.position.y);
    PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("playerZ", PlayerObject.transform.position.z);
    }
    }

PS: I also dragged the player in manually at the location I wanted instead of auto setup and this happened too. Regardless of where I put it. Definitely weird.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  27. FungusMonkey

FungusMonkey

Thanks. I will try that for sure. :)

28. FungusMonkey

FungusMonkey

OK. Don't have MapMagic yet but will be getting it but, tried your small map idea and created an 800, 800 and others but got same result. Watch this clip. Notice location of player from 0,0.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3sjhfd091...ndalone_ _DX11_ 5_28_2017 9_34_33 AM.mp4?dl=0

Also dragged player in manually and this is what I get, Do note light shaking but the farther I drag from 0,0 the worse it gets it seems.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/04pxiprht...ndalone_ _DX11_ 5_28_2017 9_47_12 AM.mp4?dl=0

Definitely strange. Dragging in player causes less shaking than moving it from 0,0 to same location vector most of the time.

29. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Hey Guys hope you're all having a good weekend.
    I've hit a bit of a wall, im trying to use alot of AI at once so im spawning it when the player gets close and destroying it when the player gets far away. When I spawn the AIGroup I get this error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UltimateSurvival.AI.StateData.OverrideValue (KeyValuePair`2 value, UltimateSurvival.AI.StateData data) (at Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival.AI/Logic/StateData.cs:32)
    UltimateSurvival.AI.StateData.OverrideValue (System.String key, System.Object value, UltimateSurvival.AI.StateData data) (at Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival.AI/Logic/StateData.cs:39)
    UltimateSurvival.AI.EntityDetection.Update (UltimateSurvival.AI.AIBrain brain) (at Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival.AI/Logic/EntityActions/EntityDetection.cs:75)
    UltimateSurvival.AI.AISettings.Update () (at Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival.AI/Logic/EntityActions/AISettings.cs:89)

Heres the code:
    upload_2017-5-28_11-32-50.png View attachment 232512

30. gegebel

gegebel

I tested some and you're right, the further you get, the worse it gets. On the bow it stops after half a second so it's ok, the spear is worse I have the feeling. I tried to change a few values in the animation but it didn't change anything. @Winterbyte312 might need to check this. The whole system is changing though, not sure it's still relevant in 0.2

FungusMonkey and dashasalo like this.
  31. dashasalo

dashasalo

It's good to know I am not alone with this issue. I kinda assumed some of my other assets were breaking it. Thanks for taking the time to investigate.

FungusMonkey likes this.
  32. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Because the movement is done in Update() and not in FixedUpdate(), it's to be expected at low framerates. Player movement will be framerate independent in 0.2. I had it in FixedUpdate() and when I moved it to Update I think I forgot to use Time.deltaTime.
    ____________________________________________________________________________

Online multiplayer will be out in the summer. July or August.
    Yes we'll add a corpse when the player dies, in v0.3 because it'll be required since other players will see you dead.

We'll use UNET.

Yes the wheel is gone in 0.2! It was so ugly because you couldn't have that many pieces and it'd become cluttered.

I can help you through Team Viewer. Send an e-mail to winterbyte312@gmail.com when you have time. I'll try to connect and implement Unistorm quickly for you.

Thank you for the link. Looks like it's down now, I've found another one this morning and sent a notification.

Your run button has to:
    - Get the PlayerEventHandler script, and say: playerEventHandler.Run.TryStart() whenever the button is pressed.

If the player is moving forward, and the button is held down, the player will run and the animations will play automatically.

Hi, you can add items to your chest, through it's LootObject script. Use CollectionUtlity.AddItem() methods and pass the LootObject.ItemHolders list. (the item holders are the slots).

Hi,
    - The raycasts don't work because they're using the first person camera. I suggest going in the PlayerEventHandler script, adding a "Active Camera" variable, which should be either the first person or the third person camera, depending on the active mode.
    Now, get rid of any direct reference to the first person camera, and use PlayerEventHandler.ActiveCamera to do the raycasts and other calculations.

- It's better to create third person versions of the first person weapons, this way you can combine the procedural animations and quality of the FP weapons with the lower quality animations and models of the third person ones.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  33. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

ABOUT THE JITTER / SHAKING >>
    I've tested it as well, looks like the floating point errors become really noticeable at positions > 1500, in first person.
    At 5000+ on my system, the weapon vertices begin dancing around like crazy.

A WORKAROUND would be to modify the weapon system and keep the weapons and the FP Camera at position 0,0,0. Un-parent them in Start().

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    dashasalo, FungusMonkey and gegebel like this.
  34. takayamomijichirorutei

takayamomijichirorutei

why i cannot remove fog....

fog automatically readjust everytime

35. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

The fog can be adjusted in the Time Of Day script's inspector.
    The "Fog Intensity" is the fog intensity throughout the day & night cycle.
    If you want to modify the fog through the Lighting window, go in the TimeOfDay script and disable the fog setting part, at ~ line 150.

36. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

37. takayamomijichirorutei

takayamomijichirorutei

i deleted fogdensity something in time of day script, but still foggy

it worked once with expontional.

how do i make clear vision

38. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

If you've deleted the fog code, then go to Window/Lighting, at the bottom you'll find the Fog setting.

39. takayamomijichirorutei

takayamomijichirorutei

thanks, worked

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  40. gegebel

gegebel

This would just move the problem to 0.3 though. When you have 3rd Person in there, the problem would start over from start.

41. OkeanixTR

OkeanixTR

@Winterbyte312

Hi I imported game to android but have one problem. When i rotate camera in android it turns 180 degree for no reason. I added function it only rotate when swipe but when touch two buttons it rotate 180 degree for no reason ?

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  42. LeeannM

LeeannM

Anyone manage to save player vitals i was able to get player position to get saved but cant figure out how to save the player vitals

43. FungusMonkey

FungusMonkey

They are working on getting it fixed. A suggestion from WinterBite. Haven't tried yet but will be shortly. A workaround for now. A WORKAROUND would be to modify the weapon system and keep the weapons and the FP Camera at position 0,0,0. Un-parent them in Start().

44. FungusMonkey

FungusMonkey

I am sure you will figure it out. What you have already is amazing. :)

gegebel likes this.
  45. Shaykie

Shaykie

Has anyone managed to implement a third-person view of the asset?

46. gegebel

gegebel

@Winterbyte312 any info on when you will submit 0.2 ? I'm impatient, I know :p

47. uni7y

uni7y

48. uni7y

uni7y

49. doodle911

doodle911

Oh god you had me scared then LOL!

For anyone who hasn't noticed, this was posted by Winterbyte321 not Winterbyte312! Hahaha!

50. johny256

johny256

verison 0.2 save/load? version 0,3 please add shotable ai

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.