Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yes, inevitably, because we've changed a lot of the code and structure.

TheSeawolf likes this.
  2. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

We haven't heard of such an issue, but you can post a screenshot with the console maybe you have some errors?

3. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Add your SpeedTree through Unity's Terrain component, and then take a look in the documentation and read the tree setup portion. You have to add the TreeManager script to the terrain. (Look at the Forest scene as well --> at the Terrain).

TheSeawolf likes this.
  4. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Mobile optimization will be in 0.2. We'll move a few unimportant features to 0.2x but we're almost ready with the important ones.

5. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Go in your attack animation, and add an event called "OnAnimationDamage".
    That will tell the system to try and apply damage to surrounding enemies, at a specific time in the animation.
    Here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/AnimationEventsOnImportedClips.html

6. takayamomijichirorutei

takayamomijichirorutei

oh ok

end of this month?

can you write something on this forum before update.

ill build ' no continue version' for my self

7. TheSeawolf

TheSeawolf

Ok this is good to know. I won't continue updating my item management database until the update comes through.

I had to stop anyway because every time I add US to my unistorm scene both my sun and lighting effects get messed up and I can't get them back to perfect.

Winterbyte312, how are you differently implementing the first person controller to have better integration with Unistorm?

The_Uber_Rasta likes this.
  8. gegebel

gegebel

I removed all Lights and references to light from US and then import UniStorm.
    Changed the Light settings, then used the auto-config from UniStorm.
    The only things influenced by light in US is TimeOfDay. This has influences on Sleep, AI Spawn and the crosshairmanager, but that's all. Best is to get completely rid of the night/day system from US and adapt those 3 scripts to UniStorm.

Or wait for 0.2 which should have UniStorm integration :D

TheSeawolf and The_Uber_Rasta like this.
  9. TheSeawolf

TheSeawolf

Thanks gegebel, I'll give it a go for practice anyway on my test scene.

0.2 is out in the next week so I'll wait to see what little '"nuggets" winterbyte312 has hidden within.

10. OkeanixTR

OkeanixTR

@Winterbyte312 I hope you throw mobile support to v0.3. Let people build their own game with v0.2 if you do mobile controls early too many asset-flippers gonna make google play & appstore garbage

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  11. takayamomijichirorutei

takayamomijichirorutei

i hate that mobile for dudes, i do not have mobile.
    even low quality

12. ladfoo

ladfoo

@Winterbyte312 Please keep with the plan for mobile support for v0.2! We're anxiously awaiting it as I'm sure countless others are. Who cares if the app store gets flooded with flipper garbage - it already is! The quality games will stand out from the crap.

13. OkeanixTR

OkeanixTR

Whats point of asset-flipping. You just gonna build and throw to appstore with no changes.

You can add mobile support yourself.

@Winterbyte312 Please throw mobile support to v0.3. Don't give this people they not deserve it.

14. gegebel

gegebel

The ppl who want to use this asset care. The more ppl use it for asset-flip, the more we need to change it.
    People don't care about quality if you use an asset they have already seen 50 times

OkeanTR and Brian-Ryer like this.
  15. gegebel

gegebel

Anyone here managed to get Emerald AI to work with US ? I get my animals to do all they need. Problems start when the animals need to do damage to the Player or the Player damage the animals.

16. hsxtreme

hsxtreme

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    LOL

17. TheSeawolf

TheSeawolf

Not quite, as you know I have Unistorm, emerald and crux installed in my scene. I can happily get animated Ai animals wandering around my terrain, but cannot get a happy configuration with the tags in Emerald to interact with. I've tried both the UFPS and RFPS tutorials but with no real positive interactions.

I have both those assets too but am more inclined to stick with US and see how that character controller develops.

gegebel likes this.
  18. takayamomijichirorutei

takayamomijichirorutei

19. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

I would like to know that they will leave for later, personally I am waiting for version 0.2 for the support for the mobile and the player can swim, apart from the big improvements.

thx

The_Uber_Rasta likes this.
  20. OkeanTR

OkeanTR

I hope they not. We don't need more asset-flip game that will take down quality of this asset. When everyone going to same asset whats point of playing that games anymore. Don't make garbage more garbage. If you want too much you can add mobile control yourself It is not really hard adding two button and connect it with PlayerInputHandler.

@Winterbyte312 I checking Trello i think you can't do everything in list before May Ends. You can always delay mobile support. Real developers can add himself don't make google play & appstore more garbage thanks. That mobile asset-flip games gonna take down your asset quality in my eyes.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  21. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Do you have any idea of my project or my intentions? Is that I do not know what your comment is, I only comment on what I need and for the reasons I buy this asset, and I agree with you, you will see many games with the asset as it is, but do not worry I Am not one of those;)

22. OkeanTR

OkeanTR

Of course not everyone is asset-flipper. But there is too many pirates etc. They will hurt real developers really want to make something with this asset.

23. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

I just want the mobile support and swimming;)

24. gegebel

gegebel

@Winterbyte312 I've just read on Trello you are planning a Main Menu with options and so on. I would love to see a language option in there.
    I have implemented my own localization in the game, but it only works with the exposed UI.
    I know it's somewhat complicated, but I see 2 options here. Either have an option in the Item Database with different languages (Somewhat difficult to implement, but do-able), or make it possible to choose which database to choose in the main menu (longer loading times probably).
    As it is right now, localization is not easy as it uses .asset as database.
    Of course, I'd take any option I didn't think about, if anyone has an idea.

25. jontebeatz1337

jontebeatz1337

Hi! @Winterbyte312

I bought Time of Day from asset store and here's the link to it https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/7316 and want to use this skybox instead of what's already included in Ultimate Survival but I'm I do not manage to work with Time of Day because when I add Time of Day to my Project and using the Ultimate Survival, so either the sky is black or when I'm going to play the game, my character is underground so it's something that not wants to cooperate. Do you know if it will be possible to use Time of Day with your Ultimate Survival?

26. takayamomijichirorutei

takayamomijichirorutei

i do not have mobile...

maybe arrangeable smithfy or workstation would be nice to me.

so i can use it as a trading system for my single achievement

27. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Unistorm support is in 0.2 and any Unistorm-related issue should be fixed on your end.

Mobile support will be present in 0.2.

Localization is important, we'll look at it in the future. (Most probably for v0.3)

Helped you through Team Viewer to integrate Time Of Day.

gegebel and TheSeawolf like this.
  28. gegebel

gegebel

@Winterbyte312 When ever I drag a tool just under the hotbar, the item drops in the world but is not active, which means I can't see it. Bug or something I missed ?

29. jinyangnie

jinyangnie

I have one issue. The AI group seems not moving after rearrange their placement. I mean it seems work when I only change the tarrain and they are floatting in the air. After I I move them to the surface, they are only marking time. what should I do @Winterbyte312

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  30. gegebel

gegebel

@jinyangnie when you change the terrain, you have to bake the navmesh

31. OkeanTR

OkeanTR

@Winterbyte312 How to add function to run forward. I added a button it runs forward but running animation not activated even i did Player.Run.TryStart();

32. tsteur12

tsteur12

@Winterbyte312 when i place the ai chicken/canibal/boar down on my terrain the chicken doesn't move can you please help me with this problem?

33. Brandon_Powell

Brandon_Powell

I ran into the same problem, you probably need to re-bake the navigation mesh, you should do this after any alteration to the terrain.

34. csharpstudios

csharpstudios

@Winterbyte312 or anyone who might be able to help me, When ever I place the player on a terrain, it seems to glitch out. I lags forward and the movement seems really choppy, almost like the player is teleporting forward or moving but getting stuck then teleporting forward

**NVM Was Actual Lag lol wonder why player seems to be glitching? (FPS COUNTER: 4)

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    gegebel and TheSeawolf like this.
  35. gegebel

gegebel

In order to move, the AI needs a NavMesh Agent and a navmesh to run on.
    Go to Windows->Navigation select terrain, bake navmesh. done

36. gegebel

gegebel

What you need is
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Vector2 value = new Vector2 (0, 1); //forward
    2. Player.MovementInput.Set(value);
    You also need a way to activate and deactivate, but that's the easy part :D

37. Ullukai

Ullukai

This looks awesome but when is the online multiplayer happening ?
    From what i read on their trello board = June or July ? >>
    https://trello.com/b/gmNow8UL/ultimate-survival

Are you going to add a corpse to loot when the player dies ? I don't see any corpse to loot when the player dies atm. Is there going to be a leveling system ?

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  38. OkeanTR

OkeanTR

Problem is i have to touch any key how to remove it. I don't want to touch any key.

39. Ullukai

Ullukai

If you are making this online multiplayer what are you going to use ? Unet, Photon or ?

40. gegebel

gegebel

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using UltimateSurvival;
    4. public class AutoRun : PlayerBehaviour {
    6.     Vector2 value = new Vector2(0,1);
    7.     bool autorun;
    9.     // Update is called once per frame
    10.     void LateUpdate () {
    11.         if(Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.KeypadMultiply)) //activate/deactivate autorun key
    12.         {
    13.             autorun = !autorun;
    14.         }
    16.         if (autorun)
    17.         {
    18.             Player.MovementInput.Set(value);
    19.         }
    20.     }
    21. }

41. gegebel

gegebel

@Winterbyte312 I know you guys are redoing the whole building system. Does it mean the UI is changing too ? I just have too many prefabs to put it all in a wheel lol

42. LeeannM

LeeannM

Hello, Just had to say love your kit and was wondering how long before you submit 0.2 and I have been trying to get Unistorm integrated but i been having problems anyway you can help

43. OkeanTR

OkeanTR

Okay i think you don't understand what i meant. Because your code not work. no animation

44. gegebel

gegebel

there's no animation when running, since the game is in 1st Person. If you use a 3rd person character you have to start the animation when you run. As of now, Ultimate Survival does NOT support 3rd Person.
    Added to this, how is your player animated ? legacy? Mecanim ? your question was "How to add function to run forward"
    You expect other people to do your job as a game developer without explaining what you want.

My code works, it's just not what you expect it to do.

45. OkeanTR

OkeanTR

Im talking about FP Animation in Weapons not character. They move different when running, walking.

46. gegebel

gegebel

For this you need to look at the FPMotion script on all the tools/weapons in FP Root on the Male_Player.
    This is going to change with 0.2 I think or 0.2x

47. grosgames

grosgames

48. OkeanTR

OkeanTR

grosgames likes this.
  49. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Is the update out yet? I reimported the project and havent noticed any of the changes. When was the last update released and is just reimporting it the right way to update it?

50. Victor_cross

Victor_cross

Any chance a voxel terrain system will be added to this asset?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.