Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xamur

xamur

Hello,
    I found this asset today and was overwhelmed. This is the most complete and impressive (survival) game template so far!
    I was searching for good assets which could help me with my project in the future, I found some but there were always problems. Sometimes it looked good but the developer has given up and didn't support his asset anymore. Other assets were awesome but had some parts which weren't good enough for my needs.
    THIS, ladies and gentlemen, will instantly be buyied. I never bought any asset before, but for 50 god damn $ you get all of this stuff! :eek:

Yes, yes, yeeees! *Starts fapping* (sorry ^^)

I love you. And I always loved the Far cry series and the character controller of it. Even more I loved how the bow worked, it was my favorite weapon in each game and it was the hotkey number one.
    It always looked so real when you hitted an enemy with an arrow, what, hopefully, is in your asset either. The spear system is worth for a second session of fapping. I LOVE IT!

Thank you for this. I will buy it as soon it will be released and use it for my project. Please, keep up the good work and supporting and always be there for your customers, they/we need you and your team. :):rolleyes:

EDIT:
    Ahh, I forgot some questions I had. They are down below.
    1. Does this asset has a real character model (and can we may see it if we look down?), because in your last video I couldn't see any shadows of the character model but the trees shadows were there. I know that many FPS haven't any character models but I would like to see one (e. g. like in battlefield).
    2. If there is a model (or you will add one in further updates) will it be possible and easy to change the model and still use every future?
    3. Can we adjust every element/icon/... of the GUI how we want it? For example, move a window to the other site or the character menu to the upper right corner?
    4. Do you want to make some example presets? Now everything is equal to rust, even the waiting time when you craft an arrow or something else. Now you craft something and you can still do stuff. E. g. in the game "The Long Dark" you craft something and the time passes and you can do nothing else until you finished it completely. Do you like the idea? Can this be implemented easily?
    5. Can the customer mail you and ask for some help with his project if he want? Do you try to help or not, because of no time or something else?
    6. Do you want to implement more Stats-Features? I mean currently there are
    • Health
    • Hunger
    • Thirst
    • Stamina
    What about:
    • Temperature (cold/heat)
    • Broken bodyparts?
    In my opinion this would be nice improvements! :)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    SocketByte likes this.
  2. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yeah there will be, in 1.1, we even have a scope prepared for the Bolt Action Rifle, we're thinking to implement a simple system for attachments too:

Firesoft likes this.
  3. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Please add Urinate and S*** as stats for pissing and dumping. No other game has that !!!! :D

4. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Happy you like it :p

* Altough we're using Far cry and other games as inspiration, obviously we can't achieve the same level of polish and smoothness as them, because of various reasons. At least not in 1.0, I want to polish and polish the controller until I achieve Far Cry - level, in the future, there's just not enough time, those guys were in large numbers. (20, 50, 300, etc)

1. It doesn't have a character model yet, it's scheduled for v1.1. See the roadmap in the first post!
    2. Yes, sure, something as basic as changing a model is the first thing we're making sure works well.
    3. Yes you can, it's flexible enough, here I switched the Crafting and Character "window" and everything works well:

4. We're going to make more example presets in the future, right now we only have time for Rust-like survival game.
    5. Yes, the customer can ask for help if it's linked with our asset, he can mail us, talk on Skype, or even have us repair things through Team Viewer.
    6. We intend to create more stats, including body temperature ,areas of different temperature, and make it linked to te current time of day.

Thank you for your interest, and suggestions! :)

Firesoft likes this.
  5. xamur

xamur

Alright, thank you!
    Hopefully, everything works well and the release date in the next 7-10 days is still possible in your opinion! :)

6. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

"even have us repair things through Team Viewer." That would be a outstanding support that I NEVER saw here :D Great!!!!

7. xamur

xamur

Oh, I didn't see that. :D
    Awesome!

8. VoltzStudios

VoltzStudios

This asset has a lot of potential because the only survival game asset that's out there right now that hasn't been abandoned is UnitZ, and UnitZ doesn't have that many features.

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  9. SocketByte

SocketByte

Holy F***ing S*** that model looks amazing. 1000x better than the first one.

Keep up the good work.

10. wahyuway

wahyuway

Was your character controller created using raycast based system? i hate using rigidbody because it make me a headache alot :D

11. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi, it uses the character controller component to allow total control over the movement.

12. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

Wow.. this is just what i was looking for. Too bad is still not out :(

I'll keep monitoring this post and hope it's released soon.

SocketByte likes this.
  13. digiross

digiross

When a lot of assets get updated it breaks any current changes to a developers game/code. Any thoughts on best practice/design to avoid this when the asset is released. Basically I want to prevent having to reinvent the wheel if I make any changes. Thanks.

14. Dramamine0001

Dramamine0001

Inheriting from their classes to override or add new behavior is usually the best option, assuming it's developed in a way this is possible.
    Next best option would probably be making copies of their files you want to change and point at your changed files.
    If you put these outside of the asset's folder, they won't be erased/overwritten when updating the asset.
    Of course, your changes may not work depending upon what changes the developer made but at least they won't be gone.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  15. Legend458

Legend458

Hey, this looks awesome! When do you think it will be released? Also what will it cost?

16. SocketByte

SocketByte

No one knows when. It was delayed from 5 december to now, but they're polishing it so it will take some time. I just want it to release, F*** it when, I just need it badly to my game.
    Probably $50 like he said earlier but that price can go higher in the future. I hope, my game budget is getting low, I won't afford more :/

17. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Kavz is right, 50$ version 1.0, and we re working hard to wrap the first version up. Future updates will arrive faster.

ShatterGlassGames and SocketByte like this.
  18. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Sorry my English.

50 $ !!! Sincerely this price I see it very well, I am not a programmer, I do not dedicate myself to the development of games, I´m character animator, but I love survival games, so much that I would like to do my own and publish it free for the one who wants, This asset is exactly what I need and I was looking for, I want to try it and see what possibilities it has, I think it's going to be great !!!

AngryPixelUnity and SocketByte like this.
  19. DecayGame

DecayGame

I don't think how Winterbyte312 knows how hard this kit is going to explode, Jesus Christ your going to be making bank, lol but you deserve it. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE RELEASE!

20. xamur

xamur

Any updates about publishing? You're saying "we re working hard to wrap the first version up", but would you say that publishing is possible in the next week? Because as I remember you said once that it only takes 5-10 days anymore.

SocketByte likes this.
  21. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

We're going to send it for review on 15th this month.

Firesoft, Hlo_man and SocketByte like this.
  22. SocketByte

SocketByte

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    I was thinking it will be in the next month for sure, nice!

I hope it won't delay more :D I'm waiting!

23. johny256

johny256

It will be at all possible buy the asset store?
    and lead to game menu? Save Load System?

24. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Of course, why not? I'll send the asset for review on 15th this month. Save & Load system will come in version 1.1. Main Menu in 1.3. See the roadmap in the first post :)

25. MoltnMachine

MoltnMachine

When i was watching the video's you uploaded i didn't see any ammo for the weapons? will they have ammo?

26. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

They have ammo now, altough they re displaying and using whatever amount you have in the inventory. No reload for 1.0 as I didn't have time to complete the reload anims, absolutely coming in 1.1 or even in 1.0x

27. MoltnMachine

MoltnMachine

Ahh ok thanks

28. johny256

johny256

I'll buy it as soon as the store .. I hope that the price will be $ 50 in version 1.0

29. Firesoft

Firesoft

Only 5 Days from now on for Submit on asset store :D

Im very Happy hehe ;)

No Reload? Thats ok :)

30. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

Can't wait for this asset but eventhough i might get it now I know for sure i will wait until v1.3 before i start using it. I have a bad experience with my Save/Load scripts so having that included will be great.

31. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Save & load will come in 1.1

ShatterGlassGames likes this.
  32. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

lol i was actually modding what I wrote as you replied. Thanks for the fast reply and that's good to know.

33. Dramamine0001

Dramamine0001

Can you provide details on the day/night cycle functionality please? Will it be pretty basic lighting or have stars, dynamic clouds, etc.?

34. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Basic functionality for now, we didn't think it was necessary to develop something more advanced, as there are plenty of assets which deal with it. (eg. Time Of Day), our simple system is intended for prototyping. Altough not complicated at all (to integrate), we'll have integrations with a few day & night cycle assets in the future.

35. Dramamine0001

Dramamine0001

I figured so, but wanted to get details. Thanks for the quick reply!

36. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

HI there,

- i was just wondering if there's any updates on the release date

- and is there is any random map item spawner like on Christmas, for example, you can place random Christmas gifts for the players to find

- and can we add that when the player spawn he would have some items in his inventory

- if we buy the asset once would we have to pay for every update
    - and if the multiplayer was realised would it be a stand-alone asset like the Ufps photon asset it cost 15 $ more or would it be included with the asset

and really good work and I want to buy so please any new realise date cuz tomorrow is my birthday so my be i can get 50$ for the asset :)

btw .. sorry for my English ;)

37. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi :)

- No updates yet, the asset will be sent on around 15th, and I'll let you know when it gets accepted.
    - Sure, you can specify that:

- I think the ONLY update that will require extra charging, will be the 1.2 (multiplayer update)
    - It'll be included with the asset, everything will be in one package, like a complete-game.

Happy Birthday :p

Hlo_man likes this.
  38. SocketByte

SocketByte

How much?

Hlo_man likes this.
  39. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

Thanks
    and how much will the multiplayer update cost
    cuz i am still a student so i need to how much to save :p

SocketByte likes this.
  40. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

So the first version is 50$, and the multiplayer version will be priced at around 60 - 65. And the update will cost 10 - 15

41. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

well tanks this is a good price

42. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

is it just four versions ( 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3) or is it like that what you have in mind

and is there is any demo to try

43. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I don't know yet, and yes, there will be a demo posted.

44. VoltzStudios

VoltzStudios

I'm excited but I'll probably not buy until at least 1.2 because there are too many assets where a lot was promised but a small portion of that was delivered before the asset was abandoned.

45. doodle911

doodle911

Hi - I am xXx_Mtn_Dew_xXx from YouTube btw!

What would happen if we purchased the asset for $50 when it was released, and then the multi-player version was released.

Would we have to pay $65 or just $15?

I would like to know this as I would like my game to be multi-player.

Thanks!

46. Firesoft

Firesoft

doodle911
    Read the post above ;)

He wrote it down!
    Best regards,
    Calvin

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  47. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I understand your concern, sure, keep an eye on the asset, and buy when multiplayer comes out.

48. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

You'll just pay the difference - 10 -15$.

49. SocketByte

SocketByte

You said 1.2 version will be paid, but how it will be with people only with standard version? They will have 1.1, 1.3, 1.4 etc.? Or you will seperate that 1.2 version as just "Multiplayer" and you will go 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 (not mp), 1.3 normally?

50. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Nothing will be separate:

1.0 - 50$
    1.1 - 50$ (free upgrade)
    1.2 - 60$ (10$ upgrade) - multiplayer update
    1.3 - 60$ (free upgrade)
    1.4+ - I'm not sure, time will tell

Basically we're releasing this first version as a "preview", and then, with the features from 1.1, and all the bug fixing, and the multiplayer update, we're raising it to about 60$, which will be more than a fair price, considering all of the above, and the upcoming updates (1.3+).

* I'm going to make the Trello page public, and link it here, after I submit the first version, so everyone can see the progress, and how things are being solved / implemented every day.

This is the Trello website:
    https://trello.com/

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    SocketByte, Firesoft and johny256 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.