Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emperor12321

emperor12321

Is there a way to change character stats (like jump speed, etc.) at run time? I was looking at the CCcontroller script but I couldn't find any methods to call in Playmaker. Appreciate the help as always!

2. bobbybau

bobbybau

wager it never happens.. just sayin--

3. gegebel

gegebel

You could either expose the variables (Stats) by making them public or make some methods public.
    I would just write my own, depending on how much you want to change.

4. bobbybau

bobbybau

multiplayer has been moved from 0.2 to 0.3? lmfao figures

5. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Multiplayer was never scheduled for 0.2. The numbering initially started from 1.0. And the multiplayer was 1.2 (the third version). Because now we moved to 0.x numbering, 1.2 became 0.3.

We don't have any reasons to not finish the asset. It'll be done on time. We drifted from April to May because we enlarged the scope by a lot.

Go in the CCDrivenController and make the variables you need public. That'll do it.

Mest and emperor12321 like this.
  6. bobbybau

bobbybau

i guess i have to question v0.2 according to trello., only thing that has been added was items.. we can create our own items now.. so unless i have just missed something v.0.2 is just an item update. Why in the world do you keep putting off multiplayer when its an essential part of what everyone is waiting for. Now.. we will have to wait 4-6 months for v0.3 to be released. sorry not happy at all with this

https://trello.com/c/rOxzcWH0/51-multiplayer

according this it was moved from v.02 to v0.3 .. i am confused by the moving of version of stuff you are saying but its plain as day. Had i known this, i would have never bought this asset until version 3 came out. This is worthless without a multiplayer function not unless you are just wanting to create a 1 player game. Anywho, Ill guess ill uninstall and wait 4-6 months to see if its added or if v0.3 just adds more items that no one really wants

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  7. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I understand your unhappiness, however 0.2 is not an item update only. It contains changes and improvements to the workflows, save & load, new mechanics like swimming, mobile support, integrations with assets like Unistorm, Tenkoku.
    I understand your concern and I'll do my best to finish multiplayer as fast as possible. I realise many people need it. But honestly, we needed a little time to redesign the asset and solidify the workflows and code.

emperor12321 likes this.
  8. gegebel

gegebel

No not only items, also crafting station, fixes to gameplay flaws and 3rd Party compatibility and so on. I don't see why you're so angry about it.
    There is not 1 single asset on the market doing what is done in US, you should actually be happy for what's coming, at this price anyway. Multiplayer was never part of 0.2 and no one promised it would be done by end of May. If it's so important for you, why not use a product which has all this + multiplayer ?

9. bobbybau

bobbybau

I can create crafting stations now, fixes to gameplay flaws is (you are grasping at straws when you state this) 3rd party compatibility .. . ok.. you dont see why im angry? its been months since this has been updated.. and the only work that shows on trello that has been doneis 10 weapons and items has been added. according multiplayer was moved from v2 to v3 as screenshotted above. If you wasnt being such a suck up you would have taken the time to see that. but you focused on trying to make someone look bad because you want a spotlight. Of course im angry because again this is worthless without that multiplayer feature. unless you want to create a 1 player game As developing goes I now will have to wait 4-6 months for the feature to come out which leaves me to where i cannot do anything with this project. I am angry because i keep buying stuff on unity where the developers promise things and never come through .. prime example (atavism) and now this. Atavism team done the same thing. Pretty much promised people stuff and ripped them off.

10. zenGarden

zenGarden

The kit really needs polishing and work in many areas before adding new features. Multiplayer is a heavy task that will almost stop all other features work, so better get US complete and better first.

For you perhaps.
    You can already start working on level design, animals, 3D models and effects and play test in solo before adding multiplayer later. It's a huge task to design a good game that should keep you buzzy enought.

US at least is improving a lot lastly to become something complete and polished, the multiplayer side can wait.

11. bobbybau

bobbybau

zen, level design is just going to be worthless because more than likely future updates will break everything. I make my own textures, so no I wont be using unity assets for textures. Sorry I am just overly venting about this because I really wanted to get to work on this thinking the multiplayer feature would be implemented. There is just nothing to do until that feature is added

12. zenGarden

zenGarden

Even without multiplayer you will benefit from last US features and improvments, this will make your game really better before multiplayers is available and that's good also. It's better to spend time where you can instead of waiting a feature that can take lot more time to come.

You have finished your whole map or maps, are they really top notch, looking outstanding and is solo gameplay and quests great ? multiplayer is only the same game with Coop or Vs, the games basics is still survival on the wilderness.

bobbybau likes this.
  13. gegebel

gegebel

So you base your angryness on a state on Trello ?
    If my publisher would take his updates from my trello, I would still be at day 1 as far as trello goes.
    People has better things to do then update a trello page. If you read the forums, you will see they are making progress, as well as helping the community at best they can.
    It's not their fault Atavism was bad and not updated. I never trusted this team which is why I never bought Atavism from start. Why do you spend your money on unfinished products anyway, there is always a risk. If you don't want to lose money, why not wait for final product release?

If you think gameplay flaws is reaching for straws, you have no idea how gamedev works and would highly recommend you find something else to spend your money on instead of searching for finished products to create games. Maybe propose your services (textures) to someone who might need them in the meantime.
    No one here is responsible for you spending money on unfinished products, no one put a gun on your head and no one made promises here. You said it yourself, you are angry because you keep spending money on worthless assets, maybe change that and stop buying? you are just angry at yourself.

hsxtreme likes this.
  14. bobbybau

bobbybau

you must like writing or just looking or a good argument.. so i will end it with .. omg you are so F***ing right.. how dare i be upset and have an opinion.. there you go

15. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Yep! I don't care about Multiplayer at this point, or rather I do care but I am not needing it immediately yet. There is plenty of other things for me to work on. I can wait! xD Better have @Winterbyte312 doing other more important features first.

Personally, ICE Integration just got finished but I am having issues setting it up, I'm waiting to hear back from him tomorrow as he is setting up a demo scene for me. (The creator of ICE).

16. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

bobbybau - how many root server do you got? Since you plan to release a INDY Multiplayer game? Does really anybody expect to have a AAA game title with multiplayer and unity without heavy hardware? Multiplayer COST a fortune for developer and running server. Even Rust does failed due the reason. I see and prefer the asset to be SINGLE PLAYER. That is more realistic for indy developer to create.

gegebel and zenGarden like this.
  17. zenGarden

zenGarden

About Ice, this is not so hard, mostly about having the Ice Creatures working with the player object.

18. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Yeah that's what I am trying to do.

I was given the following instructions:

1. Open the Player Settings and add ICE_ULTIMATE_SURVIVAL to the scripting define symbols
    2. Add the ICEWorldDamageAdapter to the desired creatures and if you want also to their body parts.

Which I did, but the damage doesn't affect ICE's "Health" or durability, whatever it is. And it also uses US's AI instead of ICE's.

Not sure if I'm supposed to disable components, or add others, idk.

19. gegebel

gegebel

I'm trying to integrate Emerald AI but I have problems with player/animal damage.
    Animals are running around and chasing the player, just need to find the method actually doing damage to the player/animal. Maybe I'll just throw a hitbox on the animals and have a script communicate to Emerald AI. Might not be the "right" way, but it will have to do until integration from @Winterbyte312

AndIi still can't get my damn Collider to move to the next tree either :mad:

hsxtreme likes this.
  20. bobbybau

bobbybau

not sure why you are asking me this unless you ASSUMED.. i wanted to host a server that had about 100-5000 or even 1million. again not sure the assumptions.. though since you are assuming then ill answer your question 3000.00 a month is sufficient for anything i will possibly need. do i need it now? NO cause theres no gdamn .multiplayer .so why are you asking this question? what revelence did it really have other than wasting good fonts

21. TheSeawolf

TheSeawolf

Hey guys, i know I changed the keyboard and mouse bindings once, but for the life of me I can't find it again. Can anyone help me with a clue?

gegebel likes this.
  22. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Tools/Ultimate Survival/Input Manager

TheSeawolf and gegebel like this.
  23. gegebel

gegebel

@Winterbyte312 Did you guys find the bug where placeable items are duplicated in the Hierarchy ? Hope it's solved in 0.2, it's really annoying.

Edit: in <BuildingHelpers> you spawn a preview but I can't see it being removed anywhere. might this be the issue ?

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  24. gegebel

gegebel

For those interested, I made a very simple Compass. First I made an empty UI object, Added the Image Component. As image I used a simple wind rose image. Set the anchor to middle. Added following script to Player:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    3. public class Compass : MonoBehaviour {
    5.     private float heading;
    6.     //You can drag/drop the wind rose from the GUI in the inspector
    7.     public RectTransform north;
    9.     private void LateUpdate()
    10.     {
    11.         ShowNorth();
    12.     }
    14.     void ShowNorth()
    15.     {
    16.         //since this script is on the player, we look for the direction it's looking
    17.         heading = transform.rotation.eulerAngles.y;
    18.         //set the direction on the GUI image
    19.         north.eulerAngles = new Vector3(0,0,heading);
    20.     }
    21. }
    This is how I've done it, but you could also place an object north of your terrain and make the GUI look in the direction of the object in the north, there are many ways to achieve this.

For those who want to expand this, you could make the UI only visible if the player is holding a compass item and so on.

dashasalo likes this.
  25. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Its illogical. You need to be able to CODE YOURSELF if you want to make a sufficient multiplayer game. Or do you plan just to release another asset flip and call it "RUSTED" ? I work since 10 years now for UBI International, at the Blue Byte Devision in Germany / Düsseldorf as Graphical Art Director I know the technology behind multiplayer games. There are roughly 50 people working ALONE on the network code. This ASSET is a great single player starter package but it need massive overhaul not to look like another asset flip. If you are able to re-programme the asset, why are you waiting for the multiplayer part? JUST SAYIN..

stalkermustang and gegebel like this.
  26. zenGarden

zenGarden

For mmo there is things like world region partitionning and world zones managers you will need to write yourself to keep it playable, you can't just put some plugins and call it done.
    And you got all stuff around (database management , mail, login etc ...)
    Do you had some experience about multiplayer game systems about more than 100 users ?
    Anyway US multiplayer i think will be something simple like coop session, this will not be some complete and optimized mmo solution.

gegebel likes this.
  27. bobbybau

bobbybau

Really ? oh wow im so stupid.i never knew. i just started using a computer yesterday... thank you for your knowledge i guess ill give up now and go kill myself

28. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Thanks for the script! To greeting

gegebel likes this.
  29. gegebel

gegebel

I'm happy if this even works in COOP. synchronizing buildings is a lot of fun, and players even more.......not :p

arnesso likes this.
  30. zenGarden

zenGarden

It's not what i was saying, simply mmo survival is an heavy task US will not provide you but only the basic network functionnality.

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  31. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yes a few other people recognized the issue as well. A fix will exist in 0.2.

32. gegebel

gegebel

Anyone else having issues with the Add Item(For Debugging) since 0.12 ?
    The Dropdown shows up for a millisecond, list gets blank and bugs the entire UI so you can't do anything in the inventory anymore.

Brandon_Powell likes this.
  33. THREEWGAMESTEKNOLOJIANONIMSIRKETI

THREEWGAMESTEKNOLOJIANONIMSIRKETI

Hi, i want to change fps arm with animations for my unity experience. But i couldn't. How can i do?

34. OkeanTR

OkeanTR

Hey i use old-school building with items not blueprint. But when i make that building pieces stackable can't build.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  35. Tuskony

Tuskony

So.....the building system is....a bit buggy.

I'm all for fixing this my self @Winterbyte312 but where would I start?

I obviously don't want people building buildings hanging out in the middle of no where.

Thanks!

36. gegebel

gegebel

You could make a ground check for foundations. If ground is too far, don't allow building.
    I personally like being able to build like that, so I don't mind :)

37. MrBeros

MrBeros

Hello @Winterbyte312

i have a little Problem with your System to setup weapons and Tools.
    I have weapons from noirfx -SimpliCity Weapons

And the way we must setup the weapon modells for Ultimatie Survival wont work for this weapons and make them worthless. I hope you will change this in the future so we can add new weapons and Tools easier.

Thank you :)

38. gegebel

gegebel

All you need to do is either adapt the arms with your 3D modelling software so you have your weapons, or just don't use arms and just show the weapons. All you really need is the 3D models.
    Do you really expect @Winterbyte312 to change the whole system just so you can use this weapon asset?
    Maybe you could ask him to integrate it, but for an Asset being called "SimpliCity" and not being adaptable to any other system seems...wrong? lol
    Maybe you missed something and it's no problem to adapt it. I sadly don't know this asset but from what I've seen, they are all 3D models, so what's the issue to adapt them in Ultimate Survival? If you elaborate a bit, maybe we can help.

39. TheSeawolf

TheSeawolf

@Wiludda ,I agree with gegebel above, all you need to do is add the 3D models and adjust. @TheMessyCoder has a tutorial for this asset on you tube. I haven't watched it yet, but it will be worth the watch:

40. Gaming-Project

Gaming-Project

Thank you but i already watched this Video and tryed it out. It dont work. In this Video, TheMessyCoder use weapons with fps-arm but i have only the weapons. And if i try add the weapons and adjust, it looks ugly and the weapon is not adjust anymore.

TheSeawolf likes this.
  41. zenGarden

zenGarden

Find fps arms on internet, there is sites like Blender Swap and others, and just add your weapons.

TheSeawolf likes this.
  42. jesseganey

jesseganey

I am having trouble getting custom placables to work. The manual doesnt show how this is done. Any tips or tricks would really help thanks.

43. johny256

johny256

Integration photon?

44. gegebel

gegebel

jesseganey likes this.
  45. gegebel

gegebel

46. MrBeros

MrBeros

Sadly, i dont know how to work with 3D modelling software to adapt weapons and arms.

but here i have a few pictures to show my problem.

At first, i tried the Tutorial Video but i think i missed something too. I must look at this later...
    in editor i adjust the weaponmodell

but ingame...

And if i want to change the mesh....

47. zenGarden

zenGarden

I tried the pump action gun and the camera shake when firing is too exagerated, it would make me sick using it a lot lol

Try using "Mesh Renderer" for the rifle model instead of "skinned mesh" renderer

It will work without scaling or rotation issues, the only issue is the weapon won't fallow arms animations when firing.

@Winterbyte312
    The weapon model should be attached as child to some bone ? the arms should contain some specific bone that is the weapon slot, this would make it easy to attach custom weapons and have correct animations playing.
    This is something that sould be adressed in the kit to let us use "Mesh renderer" instead.

About modding, i think most people will expect to use the default arms and animations, and only change the weapon model as easy as placing a model at same position as the default model.
    There is two ways :
    - IK solution where people can set up hands offsets to match their custom weapon model
    - Give for each weapon type a FBX source file prototype weapon that will be a modeling guide, anyone creating their weapons will have to follow the guide.

Anyway, i think it needs some work to make it easy as drop model and that's it about having a custom model working with default animations; and it looks more important to have some easy workflow than more features.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  48. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi, you can follow the tutorial where I add an axe. Actually its very similar to add a gun. Very easy, you just pop the weapon over an existing one and let it inherit the values. Just like @zenGarden shows.

I had an old tutorial for doing this that I decide/d not to upload. I will see if i can find it later.
    The reason I didnt upload was due to an annoying bug with 0.1 where the weapon loses its 'sway' animations.

That was resolved in 0.2, so looking forward to that.

49. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi,
    I thnk you need to make sure that your weapon model has First Person tag.

50. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Sorry man, I just looked and I have deleted all my none published vids by accident it seems as I dont remember doing it.
    :( also the old workbench vid (albeit with the wierd bug).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.