Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flycakes84

Flycakes84

Hi, Great asset.

I know people have asked for respawn on trees, but ive made a berry bush and pickable berrys using the "Item Pickup" script would it be possible to add a respawn to this script as i want the bush to remain and only the berrys to respawn. Thanks.. p.s. any screen shots of the new UI syestem? diying to know..

2. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Thank you :)
    We'll make the pickups respawnable as well. I'll post some pictures in 1-2 days. With the new weapons most probably, the UI is not 100% done, on the design side.

gegebel and Flycakes84 like this.
  3. Flycakes84

Flycakes84

Excellent Thanks!.

First time i've tried making a game myself im finding it fun so far the notes throughout the code are a great help. so far ive just made a load of prefabs and got everything the right size and working the way i want them to. I'm using "Weather Maker" https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/60955 for time of day settings and am bit stuck on adding the sleeping bag to it at the moment ive got it to work but it just sets the time to 0 midnight and then crashes the game. I will stay determined :confused:

last thing how can i fill up the water bottle from the Aquas asset pack prefab ?

4. bobbybau

bobbybau

What i did for filled water bottles was this.
    I created a Sink that was like a node (rocks or trees) that required a bottle (like a pick and axe) which would result in making an item (water bottle that would replenish your thirst)

Hope that helps

emperor12321 likes this.
  5. emperor12321

emperor12321

How do you go about accessing inventory items and their properties at runtime? I am using playmaker to enable sonar when a certain helmet is on, but don't know what to have it check. Thanks

6. luis29vm

luis29vm

Is any one success join in the discord for this asset?, can some one send me invitation

7. gvenez

gvenez

metaldc4life and AngryPixelUnity like this.
  8. gegebel

gegebel

For respawn on trees I will be using Unistorm Plant Growth system.
    When you cut a tree in Ultimate Survival, you can spawn a destroyed version, or anything else, so I will spawn a very small Tree which will grow with time :D.
    For Fruits, I once had a system where the pickups (fruits) were parented to a GameObject with a script checking if there is a child, if no child, spawn Fruit.

Hope it helps

TheSeawolf likes this.
  9. MrGky93

MrGky93

come the next update 0.2 this month or next?

10. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Noob question but how do I remove all the help stuff from the screen, like player controls and time of day controls, quit controls etc? Cant seem to locate this anywhere?

11. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Also sometimes I get this,

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. UltimateSurvival.AI.StateData.OverrideValue (KeyValuePair`2 value, UltimateSurvival.AI.StateData data) (at Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival.AI/Logic/StateData.cs:32)
    3. UltimateSurvival.AI.StateData.OverrideValue (System.String key, System.Object value, UltimateSurvival.AI.StateData data) (at Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival.AI/Logic/StateData.cs:39)
    4. UltimateSurvival.AI.EntityDetection.Update (UltimateSurvival.AI.AIBrain brain) (at Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival.AI/Logic/EntityActions/EntityDetection.cs:75)
    5. UltimateSurvival.AI.AISettings.Update () (at Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival.AI/Logic/EntityActions/AISettings.cs:89)
    When creating a loading screen etc. Something to do with the Boar, using Unity 5.6p3

12. MarcopoloR

MarcopoloR

Hi,
    Quick question I am hoping winterbyte or someone else can help me out with. I am trying to make furniture items that I can place in the buildings I build. I am marking them as placeable and interactive objects just like the lootbox, furnace, sleeping bag, etc. I use the setup wizard for buildable objects and edit the various colliders and bounding boxes like the instructions say to do. I am then able to place the object on the terrain but no matter how much I fiddle around with all the settings, even pasting the component values of existing placeable like the lootbox, my objects will not place on the foundation that I build at runtime. Instead they align themselves to place on the terrain below it(look halfway sunk into the floor). But they will not place halfway sunk either, they just stay red.
    If anyone can help me figure out what I am doing wrong so I can make furniture that places on a foundation or floor that would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

13. gegebel

gegebel

I had the same issue, need to push the Bound Box somewhat higher

14. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

15. gegebel

gegebel

I could need some help from someone more experienced in programming.
    I wrote the following code for "Farming".
    I Build a Crop Plot with the standard Building System from Ultimate Survival. The Crop Plot has 6 empty GameObjects which serve as reference for placing the crops. I created a simple UI with 5 button, 1 button / Croptype.
    My Problem is, if I place several crop plots, even if I only use 1, the script will plant on every single instance of crop plot I have in the world. Script is placed on the crop plot Prefab. Here is the script:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    4. using UnityEngine.UI;
    5. using UltimateSurvival.GUISystem;
    7. public class Plant : MonoBehaviour
    8. {
    9.     AudioSource audio;
    10.     public AudioClip clip;
    11.     Window window;
    13.     //Reference to Plant Prefabs
    14.     public GameObject potatoPlant;
    15.     public GameObject cornPlant;
    16.     public GameObject wheatPlant;
    17.     public GameObject ricePlant;
    18.     public GameObject tomatoPlant;
    20.     //needed to check if there are free spots to plant in the cropplot
    21.     public string[] crops = new string[6];
    22.     public GameObject[] plots;
    24.     private ItemContainer m_InventoryContainer;
    26.     private void Start()
    27.     {
    28.         //Reference to the inventory
    29.         m_InventoryContainer = GUIController.Instance.GetContainer("Inventory");
    31.         //Reference to AudioSource
    32.         audio = GetComponent<AudioSource>();
    34.         //Find the Custom Window for Farming
    35.         window = GameObject.Find("13-Farming").GetComponentInChildren<Window>();
    37.         //Set the Buttons from the Farming Window so they can be clicked since parentObject will be instantiated // Building System
    38.         window.transform.GetChild(1).GetComponent<Button>().onClick.AddListener(() => { PlantPotato(); });
    39.         window.transform.GetChild(2).GetComponent<Button>().onClick.AddListener(() => { PlantCorn(); });
    40.         window.transform.GetChild(3).GetComponent<Button>().onClick.AddListener(() => { PlantRice(); });
    41.         window.transform.GetChild(4).GetComponent<Button>().onClick.AddListener(() => { PlantWheat(); });
    42.         window.transform.GetChild(5).GetComponent<Button>().onClick.AddListener(() => { PlantTomato(); });
    44.     }
    46.     //When clicking on the cropplot open the window, make the cursor visible
    47.     private void OnMouseDown()
    48.     {
    49.         if (!window.IsOpen)
    50.         {
    51.             window.Open();
    52.             Cursor.visible = true;
    53.             Cursor.lockState = CursorLockMode.None;
    54.         } else
    55.         {
    56.             Cursor.visible = false;
    57.             Cursor.lockState = CursorLockMode.Locked;
    58.             window.Close();
    59.         }
    60.     }
    62.     //Plant potatoes
    63.     public void PlantPotato()
    64.     {
    65.         //if the amount of seed in inventory is > 0
    66.         if (m_InventoryContainer.GetItemCount("Potato Seed") > 0)
    67.         {
    68.             //Search for the first empty string/GameObject to instantiate the Plant
    69.             int firstEmpty = GetFirstEmpty();
    70.             if (firstEmpty == -1)
    71.             {
    72.                 return;
    73.             } else
    74.             {
    75.                 //set the first empty spot to "used": here I could write anything, I used the name of the seed for debugging, could write anything in here
    76.                 crops[firstEmpty] = "Potato";
    77.                 //Instantiate the plant at the first empty GameObject "plot", standard rotation, parent to "plot"
    78.                 GameObject obj = Instantiate(potatoPlant, plots[firstEmpty].transform.position, Quaternion.identity, plots[firstEmpty].transform);
    79.                 //Scale the object so it can grow with UniStorm
    80.                 //obj.transform.localScale = new Vector3(0.1f, 0.1f, 0.1f);
    81.                 //Set the obj a bit higher
    82.                 obj.transform.position = new Vector3(plots[firstEmpty].transform.position.x, plots[firstEmpty].transform.position.y + 0.25f, plots[firstEmpty].transform.position.z);
    83.                 //Remove the item from the inventory
    84.                 m_InventoryContainer.RemoveItems("Potato Seed", 1);
    85.                 //extracted Method for visibility
    86.                 Finish();
    87.             }
    88.         } else
    89.         {
    90.             //Feedback why you can't plant this in extracted method
    91.             NeedSeed("Potato");
    92.         }
    93.     }
    96.     //Plant Corn
    97.     public void PlantCorn()
    98.     {
    99.         if (m_InventoryContainer.GetItemCount("Corn Seed") > 0)
    100.         {
    101.             int firstEmpty = GetFirstEmpty();
    102.             if (firstEmpty == -1)
    103.             {
    104.                 return;
    105.             } else
    106.             {
    107.                 crops[firstEmpty] = "Corn";
    108.                 GameObject obj = Instantiate(cornPlant, plots[firstEmpty].transform.position, Quaternion.identity, plots[firstEmpty].transform);
    109.                 //obj.transform.localScale = new Vector3(0.1f, 0.1f, 0.1f);
    110.                 obj.transform.position = new Vector3(plots[firstEmpty].transform.position.x, plots[firstEmpty].transform.position.y + 0.25f, plots[firstEmpty].transform.position.z);
    111.                 m_InventoryContainer.RemoveItems("Corn Seed", 1);
    112.                 Finish();
    113.             }
    114.         } else
    115.         {
    116.             NeedSeed("Corn");
    117.         }
    118.     }
    120.     //Plant Wheat
    121.     public void PlantWheat()
    122.     {
    123.         if (m_InventoryContainer.GetItemCount("Wheat Seed") > 0)
    124.         {
    125.             int firstEmpty = GetFirstEmpty();
    126.             if (firstEmpty == -1)
    127.             {
    128.                 return;
    129.             } else
    130.             {
    131.                 crops[firstEmpty] = "Wheat";
    132.                 GameObject obj = Instantiate(wheatPlant, plots[firstEmpty].transform.position, Quaternion.identity, plots[firstEmpty].transform);
    133.                 //obj.transform.localScale = new Vector3(0.1f, 0.1f, 0.1f);
    134.                 obj.transform.position = new Vector3(plots[firstEmpty].transform.position.x, plots[firstEmpty].transform.position.y + 0.25f, plots[firstEmpty].transform.position.z);
    135.                 m_InventoryContainer.RemoveItems("Wheat Seed", 1);
    136.                 Finish();
    137.             }
    138.         } else
    139.         {
    140.             NeedSeed("Wheat");
    141.         }
    142.     }
    144.     //Plant Rice
    145.     public void PlantRice()
    146.     {
    147.         if (m_InventoryContainer.GetItemCount("Rice Seed") > 0)
    148.         {
    149.             int firstEmpty = GetFirstEmpty();
    150.             if (firstEmpty == -1)
    151.             {
    152.                 return;
    153.             } else
    154.             {
    155.                 crops[firstEmpty] = "Rice";
    156.                 GameObject obj = Instantiate(ricePlant, plots[firstEmpty].transform.position, Quaternion.identity, plots[firstEmpty].transform);
    157.                 //obj.transform.localScale = new Vector3(0.1f, 0.1f, 0.1f);
    158.                 obj.transform.position = new Vector3(plots[firstEmpty].transform.position.x, plots[firstEmpty].transform.position.y + 0.25f, plots[firstEmpty].transform.position.z);
    159.                 m_InventoryContainer.RemoveItems("Rice Seed", 1);
    160.                 Finish();
    161.             }
    162.         } else
    163.         {
    164.             NeedSeed("Rice");
    165.         }
    166.     }
    168.     //Plant Tomato
    169.     public void PlantTomato()
    170.     {
    171.         if (m_InventoryContainer.GetItemCount("Tomato Seed") > 0)
    172.         {
    173.             int firstEmpty = GetFirstEmpty();
    174.             if (firstEmpty == -1)
    175.             {
    176.                 return;
    177.             } else
    178.             {
    179.                 crops[firstEmpty] = "Tomato";
    180.                 GameObject obj = Instantiate(tomatoPlant, plots[firstEmpty].transform.position, Quaternion.identity, plots[firstEmpty].transform);
    181.                 //obj.transform.localScale = new Vector3(0.1f, 0.1f, 0.1f);
    182.                 obj.transform.position = new Vector3(plots[firstEmpty].transform.position.x, plots[firstEmpty].transform.position.y + 0.25f, plots[firstEmpty].transform.position.z);
    183.                 m_InventoryContainer.RemoveItems("Tomato Seed", 1);
    184.                 Finish();
    185.             }
    186.         } else
    187.         {
    188.             NeedSeed("Tomato");
    189.         }
    190.     }
    192.     //Check for the first empty string in array
    193.     private int GetFirstEmpty()
    194.     {
    195.         return System.Array.IndexOf(crops, string.Empty);
    196.     }
    198.     //extracted method for visibility: lock cursor, push message, close window, play sound
    199.     private void Finish()
    200.     {
    201.         Cursor.visible = false;
    202.         Cursor.lockState = CursorLockMode.Locked;
    203.         window.Close();
    204.         MessageDisplayer.Instance.PushMessage("You planted a seed", Color.green);
    205.         audio.PlayOneShot(clip);
    206.     }
    208.     //extracted method to push custom message
    209.     private void NeedSeed(string seed)
    210.     {
    211.         MessageDisplayer.Instance.PushMessage("You need " + seed + " Seed", Color.red);
    212.     }
    213. }

16. OkeanixTR

OkeanixTR

How to fix FPS drop with AI Objects. Without AI Objects FPS 120-150 but with AI its 20-30

17. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Can I take a look through Team Viewer? Or at least send a screenshot here through a PM. (With the console at runtime, the hierarchy and scene)

18. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

You need a simple script to integrate that weather system with Ultimate Survival. I can do that through Team Viewer for you quickly, or if you can code a bit, send a PM and I'll send a few guidelines (But let me know how you've tried to integrate it so far).

I haven't used Aquas so far, I think the best would be to PM me when you're ready and I'll do these things quickly for you through Team Viewer. So we can speed up the process.

19. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

I will bet it is because you are adding the listeners to the UI in the start and no matter which 'plot' you are trying to plant in it will plant in all of them since every plot has subscribed to the button click.

20. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

You have to verify if a certain collection/container of items has that item in it. In your case, for the helmet, the helmet slot is in a container called "Head Equipment".

The GUIController script (attached to the In-Game GUI object) has a public method called "GetContainer", you can pass the name "Head Equipment" to it and it'll return the container. After you have the container, you can use a method from it called "GetItemCount", this will return the number of items with the specified name from the container.

Let me know if you need further help.

emperor12321 likes this.
  21. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

0.2 coming in May, this month, towards the end. :)

22. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Go to Male_Player/PlayerInputHandler --> Toggle Show Controls off

23. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

It's about the pivot point of your object, it needs to be at the bottom of the mesh, just like we have it for every object.

There's a workaround for this, place your model under the root of the object, and tweak it's position so the model is all above the root (pivot). See the Wall_Wood object for example, drag in the scene and see how the model is above the pivot.

After that, make sure the bounds encapsulate the model properly. And as a user above said, make sure they're a little higher than the pivot so they don't intersect with the terrain or other objects easily.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  24. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I've looked through your script for a bit and couldn't find the problem. I'll check it again in the morning and run it in my head a bit more. Let me know if you've fixed it in the meantime though.

25. gegebel

gegebel

I know the AddlListener will execute all instances of the method it will find, is there a way to tell the AddListener to actually only use the method on a specific instance of the script ? :confused:

26. MarcopoloR

MarcopoloR

Hi Guys,
    thanks for your help. I have been fiddling around with the pivot points and have it working, although not quite as smoothly as I would like. My next challenge will be to see if I can put things on furniture, like candles, etc.

27. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi All,

I have had to cut the next tutorial in to a few videos to make them easier to follow.

If you have wanted to add ammo and reload your weapons, why not try this one for yourself:

28. Chris-Rowsell

Chris-Rowsell

HI,

Firstly I want to say thank you for all you do, this kit is bloody awesome!!! Saved me so much time.

Quick question, Maybe It's me but I think the following in bold maybe incorrect in your mineableobject.cs script?

private void ReceiveDamage(float damage)
    {
    m_CurrentHealth += -damage * (1f - m_Resistance);
    // The object doesn't have any health left.
    if(m_CurrentHealth < Mathf.Epsilon)
    DestroyObject();
    }

I just noticed if I created a 'rock' tool with hit damage of say of 5 damage per hit, I could stand there all day collecting loot where as a stronger tool would get far less 'hit' chances so therefore less loot... what am I not understanding here?

Anyway thanks again... I will be giving you guys a shout out on my latest video soon... hope you don't mind? :)

29. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Thanks man for this, worked smoothly.

1) Any chance we can get a pause menu official in the next version, as for me the escape button causing some issues.

Also will you release a Unity 5.6 bug fix update this week?

30. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Thank you man :)
    The "damage" parameter is supposed to be positive, maybe your tool has a negative damage value, which flips the whole thing.

31. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hopefully yes, if it is accepted. :)

32. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hey man, if you still need help install Team Viewer and send an e-mail to winterbyte312@gmail.com so I get the notification on my phone to connect :), along with the id and password. Let me know if you can do that.

33. JessieK

JessieK

Hello I have an odd question that I can't seem to find the answer too, do all the weapons do the same amount of generic damage?

Is there or will there be a way to set some weapons to do more damage than others?

34. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

You can set the damage dealt for any weapon. Let me know if you need help on where to go and change it.

EDIT:
    Hmm, you mean two or more instances of a certain weapon? Like let's say you have 3 spears and you want them to do different damage?

35. gegebel

gegebel

You can change damage in Hierarchy under Male_Player -> Loot Root ->FP Root. There you select the weapon and its either in the FP Melee Script, Fp Spear or FP Bow.

36. gegebel

gegebel

I decided to test further and maybe take a different approach to farming so it keeps compatible with Ultimate Survival. Will see if I get results in the next few days :D Thanks for the help though.

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  37. novemtails

novemtails

Hi, when you published version 2 of this asset?

38. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hey, towards the end of the month :)

gegebel likes this.
  39. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi people,

Here is the 2nd part in the Ammo & Reload tutorial if anyone needs to have a play.
    Please let me know if you have any issues with them.

Socrates and arnesso like this.
  40. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Here is the final part of the titorial for adding Ammo & Reloading

Socrates and arnesso like this.
  41. arnesso

arnesso

This is awesome, thank your for your tutorial :)
    Now i'm thinking of the solution the weapon can recognize check the ammo, is there inventory or not ( if yes can reload, if not ,reloding wont happen) .

42. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

You're welcome. Thanks for watching, the like and subbing.

You mean for auto reload or by pressing R for example?

If so, Yeh you can do that easily by just looking through the inventory slots. When it finds a stack of compatible ammo, consume them for reloading the weapon. Then move on to next slot until your weapon is fully loaded.

arnesso likes this.
  43. CplMulder

CplMulder

Awesome asset!! what a complete time saver!

All the questions/requests I have had seem to be marked for the v0.2 release... I am very excited about this!!!

I know this is a very irritating question... but any idea on a timeline for 0.2?

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  44. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

End of this month :)

CplMulder likes this.
  45. zenGarden

zenGarden

Hi @Winterbyte312 ,

Would it be possible to have some integration of the popular and great ICe Creatures plugin later ?
    I have not tried to do it, perhaps it's very easy to interface the player with Ice Creature and i'll do it myself.
    Your plugin combined with Ice Creature makes a strong combo creation kit.

46. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

ICE integration coming in v0.2.

CplMulder, Tethys and zenGarden like this.
  47. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I wanted to post some screenshots from 0.2 today but I was away most of the day.
    Will post a few tomorrow!

Also the Unity 5.6 version has been submitted a few days ago, we're waiting for it to be approved.

TheSeawolf and MrEsquire like this.
  48. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Awesome! My bad could you send the invite again? Thanks.

I was alone in the other server. It was dark, cold, lonely.

I never got your message haha.

Edit:

Also @WinterByte I don't know how to ask but could you keep this asset modular if possible? For example I plan on using ICE, I do love your AI but getting to the level that ICE is at right now would take a while and why work so hard on something like that versus other more important features right?

Thanks! :D

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  49. Dramamine0001

Dramamine0001

.12 is out FYI.

AngryPixelUnity and TheSeawolf like this.
  50. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yes indeed, we'll try to make the 0.2 AI easy to use and that's it. No reason to create advanced AI straight away, if we'll have time in the future, we will.

CplMulder, gegebel and TheSeawolf like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.