Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. novemtails

novemtails

Fine thanks. Can I develop some things from my game with the current version and upgrade to version 2 without breaking my project?

2. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi, what do you mean by 2D images? When they get worn on the avatar, dropped on the floor or just in the inventory?

3. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Just added the tutorial for decreasing and increasing your inventory. You can use this for backpacks or leveling up your character. How about a strength buff that enables players to carry more loot?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    ShatterGlassGames and adndima like this.
  4. Brian-Ryer

Brian-Ryer

I would use the asset to learn how it works for now, but wait until V2 is released before starting production on anything because a lot of things are getting improved and changed to work even better than in the current version also V2 will work with Unity 5.6 and I would imagine V2 upwards, updating won't break projects.

Like you there are things I want to do but I think waiting for V2 will aid me better so I just check here every day and get on with modeling my assets while I wait, and I have confidence in doing so because having watched this thread from day 1
    I have seen Winterbyte312 (the dev) keeping us informed, helping out with problems and implementing features and while he may go silent for a day or two that is because he is working hard on the best project asset on the store.

novemtails likes this.
  5. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Well, it's not an issue :p That's that way it should be done, it's in the manual. I thought you did that.

6. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I replied to your e-mail.
    As Brian-Ryer said, wait for v0.2 as it'll be more complete and would be easier to make a full game with it.

7. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

When does come v0.2 out???

8. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I can't say an exact date, but we're close. Something might come up so I'll keep my mouth closed until we're sure.

arnesso likes this.
  9. txarly

txarly

i post you 2 images.In the inventory, the character is dressed in 2d(i think).The different clothes are placed as layers(i mean jackets over gloves, trousers over shoes,...).I would like drawing rather than modelling the clothes in 3d as we have to do now.Hope i have explained it better.Thanks again
    ldark1.jpg ldark2.jpg

BrotherDrink and AngryPixelUnity like this.
  10. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Hey All,

Just working on integrating Emerald AI with this system. Could someone please let me know what the damage call that the AI uses the attack the player is? Like what is that function called? upload_2017-4-18_8-11-22.png
    Emerald AI's damage function is called DamagePlayer, so I believe I just need the Ultimate Survival equivalent. Luckily the animals are reacting to the player. Just need the bears to be able to attack.

Any ideas are welcomed, thanks,
    -Will

11. zenGarden

zenGarden

@Winterbyte312
    The kit looks awesome.

1) Does Trees we can chop work with Unity terrain vegetation system ?
    How does this impact performance in open world maps ? Must we reduce the number of trees ?

2)Could ennemy AI have a hearing radius :
    -When the player is using a fire weapon that makes lot of sound , ennemies detect the player and go in combat mode
    -When there is an ennemy fighting in melee with player it makes sound and other close ennemies to the sound radius will be alerted and goes in combat mode

3) How do ressources or mining ressource re spawn ? It is region based radius or time based ?

4) Can ennemies chase the player inside it's base ? It is runtime navmesh modification ?

5) Can we restrict house building to some places on a big open world map ?

6) Do we see in FPS view the clothes or stuff we equip ?

7) The plugin is only working with player FPS, it is easy to be modified to work with Third person view ?

12. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Hey Just trying to save the dev some time here,
    I linked the roadmap so you can see everything planned pretty much everything you list is there at some point in the following months.
    https://trello.com/b/gmNow8UL/ultimate-survival

13. zenGarden

zenGarden

Trello is only general information, sorry but it is nothing about precisions i ask.

14. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

You currently damage entities through hitboxes, so you have to get for example the middle spine hitbox, and call the ReceiveDamage(float damage) method.
    In v0.2, you'll have a similar method on the PlayerVitals script as well.

1. Yes you can make the terrain trees "choppable". Performance is good but it'll be better in the future, at the moment we don't disable the tree colliders which are far away from the player, and that's an improvement to make.

2.The enemies can hear a gunshot, but not a melee hit, we're doing that in v0.2.

3.They don't respawn in v0.1, but they will in v0.2.

4.They can't get in the base at the moment, but they'll be able to in v0.2 / v0.3.

5. We haven't thought about placement restriction, however, doing it would be very easy. If you get the package, let us know and we'll help you.

6. No you don't. You have 2 options here:
    - Only use a full body character (not separate floating hands)
    - Model each equipment on the first-person hands

7. It's easy to make it third person, I helped some people implement a third person view since we released 0.1

15. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Looks awesome! Is this your game or an image from the internet?
    About your question, yes, it is possible, you don't even have to make modifications.
    Add your clothes as Images in the hierarchy and drag the pieces in the CharacterEquipmentHandler script, like we dragged the 3D clothes. It's the same thing because they're both game objects you drag in the list.

16. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm not sure if this has already been asked, but are you going to update the package for Unity 5.6? as there are some issues since upgrading.

17. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

18. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Ok so If I want the player to damage an animal AI that animal will need a hitbox, and if I want the player to receive damage it will also need a hitbox. Is that correct? If so do I do one large collider or should I attach several to each model (i.e: at different bones)?
    And oh so the damage call for ai is RecieveDamage and there is not a dedicated function for damaging the player yet? Or it goes by another name?

19. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yes you need a hitbox.
    A hitbox is defined by:
    - The game object has to be on the "Hitbox" layer
    - Rigidbody, Collider, Hitbox components

The best example to look at is a building piece (eg. the "Platform_Wood", we created the hitbox manually for each piece), because the AI has a Ragdoll component which attaches the Hitbox component automatically at runtime, to each bone.

The other method to damage the player, or any other entity (which is more direct):
    For the player, get the PlayerEventHandler script, and execute ChangeHealth.Try();
    * You have to pass a "HealthEventData" object which specifies the damage, damager, hit direction, hit impulse, and so on.

20. txarly

txarly

They are images from a great survival game called "the Long Dark".I will give a try the clothes as 2d images.Thanks

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  21. zenGarden

zenGarden

I think having some zones or radius around a point and when the player is in the zone, only turn on some bool like "canBuild" for example, otherwise block the menu and have a message saying build needs a valid place.

Full body will add a lot value than old unrealistic way and be able to see some equiped items adds even more value.
    I think i can modify the package to work that way.

Good.

Last question, when will it be on sale ? :D

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  22. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I'm not sure, we want to have a sale soon though, maybe when we release 0.2

23. arnesso

arnesso

Keep going, you are doing a great job ! :)
    Small tips and sorry if it is already on your list.
    - Reloadable weapons with clip (not infinite shoot, till you have ammo)
    - stealth ( if you crouch - footsteps volume or sound area decrease ), some sphere trigger, if you enter trigger ( e.g bush with sphere trigger collider) you are not detectable )
    - building elements upgrade( health for walls -> upgrade ( with stone or anything give more "health" to the wall)
    I can't wait for the new version :)

24. BrotherDrink

BrotherDrink

I love this community ! I have 2 questions :

- How to remove the command information from the game at the top right and time paramaters at the top left?
    - How do I start the game with totally empty inventory?

Thank you for your hard work guy !

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  25. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Hi, Would it be possible to add AI of fish? And able to catch them? thx

26. zenGarden

zenGarden

You could decrease ennemies visibility range detection also when crouched ;)
    Survival games are not stealth games, but it would be a nice option.

Fish wandering on some water defined volume, or birds wandering also on some large volume hight above the ground.

arnesso likes this.
  27. arnesso

arnesso

Yes, that also is good option. If you can hunt in stealth mod ,that's a good point i think :) Furthermore I see the opportunity in this template, not only for a regular survival game, but more than that,

28. BrotherDrink

BrotherDrink

just an idea : an inventory 3D like it ! :D what do you think?

stalkermustang likes this.
  29. zombieslayer420

zombieslayer420

30. nielshenriksen

nielshenriksen

I have a question about crafting items. I want to be able to make crafting components (I can see how to do that) and ex. an axe will be crafted by an axehead, binding and toolrod. The choice of materials will set the final stats but how can I calculate this when the item is crafted? Is it possible to run a "onCrafted" script?

An Iron head and stone head dont have the same mining speed and durability and if you choose a wooden handle then it has other modifier than a bonehandle :)

I hope you can understand what I want to do.

31. franky_li

franky_li

Hi, I really like this asset and would by it, but I have three questions.
    1. Can I use it with GAIA?
    2. Does it works with UniStorm?
    3. Can I use UNature with it?
    Thx Frank

32. tequyla

tequyla

nice asset.

+1 customer.

;)

have fun.

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  33. arnesso

arnesso

34. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

It is not the first one, for iphone is already this active, and I am with you, this is a template, not a game, but each one is free to do what he wants, so we will surely see many more;)

35. BrotherDrink

BrotherDrink

I found the solution to start the game with totally empty inventory. uncheck "start up items" easily ! ^^ upload_2017-4-19_17-58-41.png

36. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi!

1. Works with Gaia
    2. Unistorm integration coming in v0.2
    3. uNature integration coming in v0.3

However, for Unistorm and uNature, the integration is quite easy, I can help you through Team Viewer, or with a few suggestions, so in the end you'll get what you want, even by using v0.1.

tequyla likes this.
  37. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hey! Sorry for missing your message.
    * To remove the time text, go to Time Of Day / TimeOfDay script, and disable "Show GUI"
    * To remove the controls, go to Male_Player / PlayerInputHandler script and disable "Show Controls"

And yes, you got it right.

BrotherDrink likes this.
  38. BrotherDrink

BrotherDrink

Thank you Winterbyte312

39. tequyla

tequyla

hello,

Concerning Water, is possible to add in v0.2 the empty bottle where is possible to feel up it in lake or river?

+++

adndima and BrotherDrink like this.
  40. zenGarden

zenGarden

@Winterbyte312
    Hi,

1) It is easy to modify the plugin to have trees we chop stay as a cylinder with physics we can use for anything like bridge or roll into ennemies? And chopping it again would turn into wood materials to collect ?
    Something like Zelda BOT
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3thz18agAw

2) I seen on the roadmap some AI editor, will it be goal based actions ?

3) Does group AI uses GameObjecst pooling ? And does Group AI takes care of unpooling ennemies when the player is moving far away ?

4) Does it support ennemies with ranged attacks ? like big spiders spitting poison , monkey throwing stones, or some ennemies using also weapons and bows for example.

5) Would you be interested in giving some guidelines and encourage experienced users to share their gameplay additions and include them in your plugin download as additionnal Unity packages downloads ?
    The idea is like Skyrim addons , but it would be plugin additions instead, we could load additionnal utilities or new gameplay features to add to the base plugin ? Don't you think it would leverage your work and let the plugin stay smaller while proposing additionnal packages to download ?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  41. OZAV

OZAV

Do we have already a Pie Menu weapon selector ?
    (like one in FarCry3 and 4, that we can call and use by key, or Game Pad button,
    and select weapon by stick (left, or right one) movement. ?
    (A weapon pie menu, that will support keyboard, and Game Pads weapon selections).
    Also - how well (so far) is playing via Game Pads & Xbox controllers supported yet ?

zenGarden likes this.
  42. BrotherDrink

BrotherDrink

I am trying to change the "GUI" of the "escape" key, you can help me? esc.png

43. novemtails

novemtails

44. adndima

adndima

Can I get the character blend files?

45. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

I would like to propose if it is compatible with the asset "Realistic FPS Prefab"? por favor

Thank you

46. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

We're doing that in v0.2

1) Yes

2) Yes, the AI has a GOAP design, and is polished in v0.2. In v0.1 is not so flexible but it's a start

3) We don't have a pooling system for AI, but we'll look into it

4) We don't have any ranged enemies but I said it before.. we're gonna have them in further versions (actually we want to split the package into "Wilderness" and "Post Apocalyptic"), and the post apocalyptic version will have ranged enemies, because it'd makes sense. Not so much in the wilderness version though.

5) Hmm, we'll think about it, it depends if the users want to share their additions in the first place. We'll see.

We don't have a pie menu weapon selector, because you use the hotbar and 1,2,3....9 keys to equip other objects.
    We haven't tested it with controllers, but it should be easy to map the controls to one.

Let me know which character, the player? or the zombie?

I don't want to talk bad about other assets, but RFPS's code is messy and it'll most probably be a pain to create an integration and mantain it. Most probably we won't support it at all. But let me know which features from it you want in the asset, and we'll add them to the roadmap :)

arnesso likes this.
  47. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

You're right, it's a bit complicated this asset, ok thx

48. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Hi, I have a lot of interest to leave the version v0.2, I would like to know if it will be compatible with iOS, Can I make a game for iOS with version v0.2?

Thank you

49. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yes, we will include a mobile downgraded scene/example in Ultimate Survival 0.2, with mobile controls and so on.

stalkermustang likes this.
  50. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Great !!! Thank you very much for the information, now if I want the update to come out, but I am a peciente ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.