Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PsilocybPsps

PsilocybPsps

2. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

How can you make it not look like rust? Every survival game is the same. You just have to make it look different and add something unique but at the end its the same game. The same goes for all FPS shooters. All are exactly the same but look and feel different.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  3. Sorrowthief

Sorrowthief

I sent you a PM I think, I'm not sure if I did it right. I made this short video so you can see my setting on my fire trap and possibly tell me what I am missing or have wrong. I just can not seem to get any of these traps to do damage. I would love to see some sort of tutorial on this exspecially working with animated objects that the player does not hold in his hands. Here is what I have so far do you possibly see what I have wrong?

4. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

From the video it looks you don't have a Rigidbody attached, attach one to the "Damage Area" object and check "Is Kinematic". Neither the player nor the damage area object has a Rigidbody meaning the OnTrigger events are not sent.

5. Sorrowthief

Sorrowthief

Ok, added the rigid body to both the Damage Area as well as the player and still nothing. I have also added the trap to the item data base. Sorry if it's me being an idiot I can't get it for some reason. Thanks for being patient with me.

6. JFR

JFR

I'm liking what I'm seeing and reading so far. I'm one of those who bought https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/r...late-v1-1-make-your-own-survival-game.394505/ which showed promise until you took the time to actually look at the code. It took me a week just to get rid of the network code which was broken from Unity 5.6 and above. Plus they really dropped the ball on this one. I understand developpers should be able to build their own stuff around an asset, but the core needs to be solid. The other 50% percent is the integrity / dedication of the author(s) which seem to be on par with the quality here. Again, gratz on a job well done. 0.1 is already very much playable, I'm having fun building stuff and hunting.

As a sidenote, it would be nice to get a bit more detail on what the next update will feature. I know it's not perfect science, but I'm seeing a few things I'd like to improve like getting a more satisfying arrow impact (also we don't see the arrow at all when it is being launched, perhaps an effect there as well). If these types of things (i.e. game mechanics and related visual effects) are going to be further developped it would be nice to get a heads up, in which case I would spend energy on something else while awaiting for the improved feature. Of course, things change and priorities as well, so this is just a nice to have.

Also, I second Devision4, I like the fact that you're going for modularity as much as possible. Some multiplayer implementations have a tendency to become like huge tentacle monsters with network components all over the place imbedded in game logic.

Exciting times indeed. Keep up the good work!

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  7. JFR

JFR

Anyone else experience no sound from equipped tools & weapons? Ambiant sounds work fine, but I get no satisfying chops, whams or bang bang bangs when shooting. Audio source on the main camera and audio source in FP root and and listener on World camera seem to be properly configured. I'm using other assets as well which emit ambiant sounds, and I tried turning them off just in case, to no avail. I am wondering about the proper way to go about and diagnose the problem, usually sound is rarely an issue so I'm a bit hesitant. Any advice would be welcome. I've noticed the author has a forum, so I will post this there as well.

8. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hmm, which unity version you're using? Use 5.5 until we release v0.2, a lot of things seems to be broken in 5.6 and since it's still in beta we don't want to spend time supporting it.
    See the roadmap for the questions in your first post: https://trello.com/b/gmNow8UL/ultimate-survival

9. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

Are you getting any error messages?

10. JFR

JFR

@kenny1007 Nope. But the asset works fine if I start a new project and test out ultimate survival, which makes me think that some other assets are not playing nice with it. It could be Tenkoku or Suimono, which both generate environmental sound effects but I tried deactivating them and the issue still persists.

@Winterbyte312 Thanks for the answer. I am using Unity 5.5.2f1 though. Checked out the roadmap, just noticed you can expand each item to get a list of issues being worked on. Awesome!

I will keep on testing what could be causing the no sound issue. I have noticed that the audiosource is activated, as I can see parameters being updated while the sound is playing so it's really down to an audio output issue.

11. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hey man I forgot to say, but, you can add me on Skype: cristian.pavel40, I'll quickly set up your trap through Team Viewer if you want.

Sorrowthief likes this.
  12. PsilocybPsps

PsilocybPsps

I do not think that from that asset you can do something normal, because there are so many possibilities in rust
    I hope that the Ultimate Survival would go a long way in the future, it's still the only suitable asset, I have not bought it yet, I'm waiting for version 0.2 with the reloading of weapons :eek:

13. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

hmm, i don't think it's tenkoku because i just enabled mine and the sounds work fine.

14. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

@Winterbyte312

I know that there is a general open/close inventory sound effect but it bothered me that loot boxes didn't have their own. With that said I added an open/close sound effect to the loot boxes C_OpenCover coroutine in the LoopObject script. Can you update the script with something like this and add it to any of the upcoming patches?

15. JFR

JFR

@kenny1007 Fixed it finally by re-importing the male character prefab. I think it had to do with the particular sequence of asset pack installs, as I noticed there were some unavailable effects in components attached to the player from Tenkoku; this is the only difference I found, not sure how it could have affected sound, but when i re-instanciated the player character, all Tenkoky components were properly attached and sound returned.

16. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

Awesome. did you get the day and night to work with Ultimate Survival and the sleeping system?

17. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yes,will add that on Trello.

18. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

19. txarly

txarly

Will the AI be able to shoot the player from the distance or only melee?
    Thank you for your work

20. ChadWoodworth

ChadWoodworth

Because everyone wants to inject their ideas on how they think to do it better and be creative.
    I'm in the process of making a simulation of all the "clenches" we see in new titles. The Ultimate Survival asset adds that needed inventory, crafting, and FP picture I want. However, I'm not making a survival game per say. If you have ideas I would like to hear them.

21. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

For now (v0.1, v0.2, v0.3), we'll keep them only melee. But we know ranged enemies will be useful and we want to implement them after v0.3.

22. EvilSlevin

EvilSlevin

Hi, been playing around with this for a few days and I'm stuck on an issue with the inventory. When playing as the player I cant click on or select anything from the inventory nor can I craft anything. Can someone please point me in the right direction, where did I go wrong?

23. Sov3R3igN

Sov3R3igN

I agree, This always can be worked on once other things are more polished. It would be amazing to have a planting system where you can plant herbs, and you need to water them take care of them in order for them to grow, If not taken care of properly the plant would die. The idea of planting would be for potions and remedies. etc.

24. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

Did you changed the UI look and feel in anyway? Something similar happened to me when I was editing the UI. In my case I placed a border on top of the clickable images and blocked the mouse pointer from interacting with the images. To fix it I just moved the border image behind the clickable images and that fixed my issue.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  25. adndima

adndima

I can not get a bear to do damage to the player.
    Everything works, except for punches on the player

Warspawn and TheMessyCoder like this.
  26. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

27. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hey, you probably did something to break it, send a PM here on the forums with more info. Make sure you are using Unity 5.5.

28. adndima

adndima

I did not know that the event "OnAnimationDamage" needs to be inserted into the animation. Now everything works, very good. Thanks for the help :)

29. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

When is v2 release? I need the addtional feature before I even start content since a lot might change and all the done content needs to be updated or patched.

30. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

At the end of April we'll submit the package :)

31. JFR

JFR

Haha! That's a good idea actually. No it hadn't crossed my mind to do it, but I will get right on it :) Had the survival kit for a couple of days only, I haven't explored all of the goodies yet. Right now I am using my own co-routines for the passage of day, night and seasons and updating Tenkoku with it. I looked at the day/night code, and the templation would be to merge this code with my own, but maybe that's not the solution; I expect this compenent will be expanded by Winterbyte, so maybe writing a wrapper class for it would be a solution. What about you, did you manage to get it to work?

32. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

I'm on the same boat as you except that I disabled Tenkoku. Winterbyte mention that he will look into this and apply it on v0.3 so perhaps the best thing is to wait. It's a long wait but at the end will be worth it.

33. JFR

JFR

Could you expand on that a little bit? I seem to be having the same issue. Tree manager colliders are being created with a big offset, merely standing in empty space, resulting in no tree collision at all. What coordonate do we have to give our terrain for the collisions to properly align with the terrain trees? I currently set the terrain coordonates to 0,0,0 and am offseting everything to that location, hopefully it'll work :)

34. kottabos

kottabos

Well for me I had moved my terrain so it wasn't at 0,0,0 and the tree colliders want that to be the case, but since your terrain is at 0,0,0 you shouldn't need to do anything. but if they are still off for some odd reason you can change the positional offsets of the colliders in your tree manager on the terrain.

35. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

End of april? Do i remember right that it first sound like end of march?

36. Dramamine0001

Dramamine0001

Things change, especially in development =) With what they are working on, I'll be impressed if it comes out in May.

37. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Cool bear, where did you get that one from?

38. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Tutorial 10 is now live. Very short video on how to add your own custom character inventory slots

JFR, adndima, AngryPixelUnity and 3 others like this.
  39. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

AWSOME!

Do the crossbow next :) PLZ

40. yummybrainz

yummybrainz

That's one vicious bear! What nature pack are you using? The grass and tree look nice.

41. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hmm, we haven't changed the date since we started v0.2, at the beginning of March :)

42. adndima

adndima

I bought a bear, but now it is not on the market. All the rest of the property, grass, trees, house, etc. I made myself. We work together with my brother

43. adndima

adndima

Please continue your lessons, they are very valuable

TheMessyCoder likes this.
  44. JFR

JFR

yes, fixed it! it would be nice to have the tree manager automatically detect terrain position for such cases.

45. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

It does that in v0.2 :)

46. rerwandi

rerwandi

My AI wont take damage from any weapon.
    Is it because my AI doesn't have ragdolls yet ?

47. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

You need a hitbox under your AI (each ragdoll part had one).
    * If you're using death animations (you don't need/want a ragdoll), then attach a Rigidbody (kinematic) & Hitbox component, to a main bone (eg. Spine). Also don't forget to set that bone to the "Hitbox" layer.

48. rerwandi

rerwandi

My wolf doesnt have get hit animation.
    But everytime i shot it, it play some kind of get hit animation but the animator show its in Walking state.
    How do i disable this get hit animation ?

49. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

You should be able disable the get hit animation, in the EntityVitals script. The project is loading in Unity 5.6 at the moment and I'm not completely sure, look in the EntityVitals script.

50. mopgoff

mopgoff

already had a great time playing around with the template and tweaking some things
    since i'm a unity newbie, i would appreciate some tutorials / help on the following topics:
    - adding sea/beach around the island
    - creating other level sections like caves and switch between
    - adding more blood when hit
    - adding weather effects
    - improving enemy attacking/defense/movement ai like in the forest
    - adding npc speak interaction like rpg

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.