Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

@digiross
    Game sound SFX can break immersion really easy for me and that's why i take it really serious to add them to everything. For example just for footspets, I have over 20 steps sounds for each of my ground textures not to mention the change of pitch of 0.9 to 1.1. I'll give you a price if you get hear the same sound out of them at any point when you are walking or running.

@Winterbyte312
    So i'm getting a few console messages after upgrading to 0.11.

The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!
    The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object '_Game Controller') is missing!
    The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object '_Game Controller') is missing!

2. SpectralRook

SpectralRook

Not sure if this has already been mentioned. I've noticed that AI set to waypoint patrol are initially navigating to position 0, 0, 0. I tracked it down to Patrol.OnUpdate where If(m_SuspectedTarget.HasValue) causes the MoveTo to be reset. Since M_SuspectedTarget is declared with with a default Vector3.Zero, that's where the AI tries to go. I've corrected it by changing Patrol.Activate to set m_SuspectedTarget = null:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public override void Activate(AIBrain brain)
    2.         {
    3.             brain.Settings.Movement.MoveTo(m_PointPositions[m_CurrentIndex]);
    4.             m_SuspectedTarget = null;
    Maybe there is a better solution but seems to take care of the issue.

3. kottabos

kottabos

I'm having an odd problem with the terrain mineable trees. when in the forest demo scene I follow the instructions on adding another tree and it goes just fine. I add the tree to the terrain I have a new tree prefab with the mineable script and I add that to the tree manager. all goes well and I have a new tree to chop down. The problem comes when I start a new scene and load the base scene object, now doing the same procedure I can't seem to create mineable trees.

Just like in the demo scene I pop the tree into the terrain, prefab with the mineable script, load the tree manager and then place the prefab in there. And then when I turn on my scene I can't chop the tree down, in fact the collider doesn't even load so I can walk right through it. and all using the same tree and prefab that worked fine in the demo scene. Any advice?

4. SpectralRook

SpectralRook

There is a collider on the tree prefab and it gets removed? If there isn't a collider on the prefab, you need to add one.

5. kottabos

kottabos

Yeah there is a collider on the prefab, like I said it worked just fine in the demo scene just not a new scene

6. Sov3R3igN

Sov3R3igN

7. SpectralRook

SpectralRook

How about the Tree Manager. Did you add it to the new scene's terrain? Also, is it setup with your tree's prefab?

8. kottabos

kottabos

yup, and got it set to the correct prototype index (0 as I only have one tree so it's in the first position).

Edit: Oh my god I figured it out, I had accidentally shifted my terrain and it seems the tree manager assumes you terrain corner is at the 0,0,0 location. so if you shift your terrain at all it's off, it'll still create the collider but it will be offset by how much you moved the terrain.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  9. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

I figured out guys. I had to import the new GameController prefab.

10. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

---Message removed---

I had originally created a zoom addition to the FPMotion not seen that there was one already created and posted it here so I removed it.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  11. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

The warning messages are there because I deleted some scripts from the game controller (in v0.11), just delete the empty scripts from it.
    ____________________________________________________________________________

Happy you figured it out. AI will be greatly improved in v0.2.

Yes you can. I and a customer tried it over Team Viewer, we added the motion controller easily.
    Let me know if you need help. Usually if you understand how to use ooti's controller you'll be able to integrate it easily.

You're the 3rd person having this problem, it's fixed in 0.2. If you haven't figured out how to modify the code to take the Terrain's offset into consideration, replace the TreeManager script with this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     using System;
    2.     using System.Collections.Generic;
    3.     using UnityEngine;
    5.     namespace UltimateSurvival
    6.     {
    7.         [Serializable]
    8.         public class TreeCreator
    9.         {
    10.             public int PrototypeIndex { get { return m_PrototypeIndex; } }
    12.             [SerializeField]
    13.             [ClampAttribute(0, 100)]
    14.             private int m_PrototypeIndex;
    16.             [SerializeField]
    17.             private MineableObject m_Prefab;
    19.             [SerializeField]
    20.             private Vector3 m_PositionOffset;
    22.             [SerializeField]
    23.             private Vector3 m_RotationOffset;
    26.             public MineableObject CreateTree(Terrain terrain, TreeInstance treeInstance, int treeIndex)
    27.             {
    28.                 if(!m_Prefab)
    29.                 {
    30.                     Debug.LogError("[TreeCreator] - This tree creator has no tree prefab assigned! | Prototype Index: " + m_PrototypeIndex);
    31.                     return null;
    32.                 }
    34.                 Transform parent = null;
    35.                 if(terrain.transform.FindDeepChild("Trees") != null)
    36.                     parent = terrain.transform.FindDeepChild("Trees");
    37.                 else
    38.                 {
    39.                     parent = new GameObject("Trees").transform;
    40.                     parent.position = terrain.transform.position;
    41.                     parent.SetParent(terrain.transform, true);
    42.                 }
    44.                 Vector3 position = Vector3.Scale(treeInstance.position, terrain.terrainData.size) + terrain.transform.position;
    45.                 var tree = GameObject.Instantiate(m_Prefab, position + m_PositionOffset, Quaternion.Euler(m_RotationOffset), parent);
    47.                 tree.Destroyed.AddListener(()=> On_TreeDestroyed(terrain, treeInstance, treeIndex));
    49.                 return tree;
    50.             }
    52.             private void On_TreeDestroyed(Terrain terrain, TreeInstance treeInstance, int treeIndex)
    53.             {
    54.                 treeInstance.widthScale = treeInstance.heightScale = 0f;
    55.                 terrain.terrainData.SetTreeInstance(treeIndex, treeInstance);
    56.             }
    57.         }
    59.         [RequireComponent(typeof(Terrain))]
    60.         public class TreeManager : MonoBehaviour
    61.         {
    62.             [SerializeField]
    63.             private TreeCreator[] m_TreeCreators;
    65.             private Terrain m_Terrain;
    66.             private List<MineableObject> m_Trees = new List<MineableObject>();
    67.             private TreeInstance[] m_InitialTrees;
    70.             private void Awake()
    71.             {
    72.                 m_Terrain = GetComponent<Terrain>();
    73.                 m_InitialTrees = m_Terrain.terrainData.treeInstances;
    75.                 var treeInstances = m_Terrain.terrainData.treeInstances;
    77.                 for(int i = 0;i < treeInstances.Length;i ++)
    78.                 {
    79.                     var creator = GetTreeCreator(treeInstances[i].prototypeIndex);
    81.                     if(creator != null)
    82.                         m_Trees.Add(creator.CreateTree(m_Terrain, treeInstances[i], i));
    83.                 }
    84.             }
    86.             private TreeCreator GetTreeCreator(int prototypeIndex)
    87.             {
    88.                 for(int i = 0;i < m_TreeCreators.Length;i ++)
    89.                 {
    90.                     if(m_TreeCreators[i].PrototypeIndex == prototypeIndex)
    91.                         return m_TreeCreators[i];
    92.                 }
    94.                 return null;
    95.             }
    97.             private void OnApplicationQuit()
    98.             {
    99.                 m_Terrain.terrainData.treeInstances = m_InitialTrees;
    100.             }
    101.         }
    102.     }

12. uni7y

uni7y

I assume you do not have a tut about this? I'm not that familiar with ootii :)

RobsonFMaciel and Weblox like this.
  13. Weblox

Weblox

+ 1
    I also would love to see that. Maybe for Invectors Template too, if we are lucky? ;)

14. kottabos

kottabos

Thanks, though I have to admit I fixed the issue without messing with code by just changing the position offset of the prefab in the tree manager to what the offset of the terrain was and bam worked like a charm. But that is good to hear that it wont be an issue in the next version. Keep up the great work Winterbyte

15. Sov3R3igN

Sov3R3igN

Is it me or the author is extraordinary when it comes to support. Thank you for your help and i will reach to you once i get my terrain all set the way i want it.

16. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I don't have a tutorial but will do one soon. It'll also come as an integration in the future.
    I'll add the Invector's template to the integration list for 0.3. You mean the basic locomotion, or the Melee template?

Weblox and uni7y like this.
  17. Weblox

Weblox

Hi @Winterbyte312

Awesome! Invectors Shooter Template is waiting for Approvel on the Store, so it would be best to target that one. Buying the Shooter Template will give you the Basic/Melee/Shooter Folders side by side in your Project. Are these Integrations planned to also work in Multiplayer ? ;)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  18. bobbybau

bobbybau

Tutorials on animals? Please :(

19. Weblox

Weblox

Here is a User made Tutorial Playlist by TheMessyCoder on > YouTube <

20. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Looks like a lot of people want that tutorial. I'll focus on creating one this Sunday.

uni7y and bobbybau like this.
  21. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

@Winterbyte312

I noticed that if you go into inventory while Aim (weapon zoom), it stays in the Aim (weapon zoom) state even after you exit the inventory. This is also the reason why you get stuck in the walking state when you exit the inventory while aiming.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  22. bobbybau

bobbybau

you okay? did you misunderstand? I requested a tutorial on animals .. I knew where the tutorials were. why did you post count a reply? there isn't a tutorial about animals yet.

23. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

• can you add that maybe some things would take more slots then others like a weapon would take 2 slots
    • can you add backbag system like you can get more slots if you were a back bag
    • when i made a terrain i painted trees with coliders but i cant cut them down ?

24. webgrapx

webgrapx

[Quote = "Winterbyte312, de la publicación: 2997569, miembro de: 1.187.698"] Parece que un montón de gente quiere ese tutorial. Me centraré en la creación de uno este domingo. [/ Quote]

Greetings, is it possible to see the legs of the player and achieve to have it also in Third person?
    I just bought your product.

25. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I'll add the first 2 things to v0.3 on Trello
    To cut the trees down, you have to attach a TreeManager script on the Terrain object, we explain it in the manual. Also click the terrain in the "Forest" scene, and see how we set up the TreeManager script.

In v0.1 and v0.2 will not be possible, by default. In v0.3 (the multiplayer update), we'll add a full body + third person mode. Look here: https://trello.com/b/gmNow8UL/ultimate-survival

26. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

i tried what was written in the manual and it didnt work
    the weapons aiming would break as soo as i change the weapon (only custome add weapons)

27. webgrapx

webgrapx

I'll wait for version 3 !!
    Thank you.

28. Firesoft

Firesoft

Very creepy picture Mr. Winterbyte.. :D

29. Totals

Totals

An idea for creating a new item a stat we could add is time to use the item, and cool down.

For cool down it would mean this item has a type and there is a cool down on all items of similar type for that time.

30. Crowthelas

Crowthelas

After importing Ultimate Survival, everything is running well, other than this little point. I'm unable to use my inventory what so ever unless I'm inside a storage bin, crafting station and the like. When I leave play mode, I have a rather large list of errors that come up.

I've attached a image of the errors I receive.

Has anyone else ran into this issue? Know how to fix it by chance?

Otherwise I love this asset definitely the best purchase I've made from the asset store and has been worth every penny! Thank you Winterbye's for creating such an amazing kit!!!

Attached Files:

31. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

@Winterbyte312 i found 2 bugs.
    1. I noticed that you can place floors on top of already placed roofs.
    2. Doors kill the player if you are standing where it turns collider on when open or close. (this is not really a bug but maybe you can work something that will actually push the player outside of the collider?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  32. Sorrowthief

Sorrowthief

Here is my little project. I would never release this as I just mess around to do stuff with my son who is in college for game design. Also I would want to make all the models and textures myself. I've gotten pretty good with blender. Just trying to get the hang of making little worlds or scenes and having a ball. Its rough but I think it looks cool so far.

kurotatsu and AngryPixelUnity like this.
  33. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Very nice! good start.
    Some parts remind me of Half Life 2's first missions in City 17.

34. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Very good Kenny, I added them to the bugs list for v0.2.
    Thanks

35. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

We've never ran into this problem before, can you add me on Skype? cristian.pavel40, I need more info.

36. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

So you want this in future versions? Or want ideas on how to do it?
    If the latter, for which types of items do you want a cooldown? tools, guns, etc?

37. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Hey dude,

I noticed you plan for mobile support but its some time away.

Is it possible to add mobile control support in mean time, I have a number of 3rd party assets for mobile controls,
    Control Freak seems to be a good choice: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/11562
    As they have support for other assets on store, saves u needing to code.

Let me know your thoughts?

38. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I'll move the mobile support to 0.2, will not take much time, I had it in 0.4 thinking not so many people would want it.

39. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Thanks man look forward to this, any time estimates?

40. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

We aim to release 0.2 in April.

MrEsquire likes this.
  41. inoj

inoj

Hey, I was just wondering that would ICE integration be possible before 0.2 with the files ICE have in their git under "Ultimate Survival Integration" -section? Can someone tell me would it be how hard for a beginner to do that, would be great improvement to my workflow, been learning both assets separately. Anybody got or tried to get it to work yet with Ultimate Survival? I have couple attempts, but can easily be my beginner skills.

42. Wampster

Wampster

Hi there! First of all, let me say this. Wow! I bought your package and can't believe how great it is! I have barely started digging in to it but I am already convinced that I got value for money. It is among the best assets that I have ever purchased. I really mean that!

I am trying to start a new project, from scratch. I want to get rid of your weather effects and time cycle completely. I have
    TENKOKU Dynamic Sky and will be using that system. I have not added the "Time of Day" prefab for this reason. But, I am still stuck with the fog. Could you please tell me how to get rid of anything to do with that?

43. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi :) We're really happy to hear you enjoy our asset.
    Deleting the Time Of Day prefab from the project & scene should fix your problem. The fog is only set through the Time Of Day script and so make sure you don't have it attached on an object in your scene.
    If you want me to quickly integrate Tenkoku add this id on Skype: cristian.pavel40. Tenkoku will also come as an integration in v0.2.

44. Misiek08

Misiek08

@Winterbyte312 is it possible that you will share asset version without all those singletons earlier than 0.3? I'm in process of adding multiplayer and I remove 2 singletons now, but there are still references to objects by "Instance" which is bad practice, especially for multiplayer.

I'm interested in coop working on asset, but that's another topic. First one is to get rid of this singletons :)

45. Teila

Teila

Should you be posting this here? Will report to Unity just in case.

46. inoj

inoj

what? :eek: if you click repository in ICE in unity it brings you to that github site. but well if you think my post is somewhat against rules, i can remove it immediatelly. I still have no clue what i've done wrong if i even have.

47. Teila

Teila

You should remove it. Ask Pit about it. If you purchased the asset, it was meant only for you, not for you to share.

48. inoj

inoj

Well i thought since i was connected to that site through a button in asset without any kind of warnings that other may get the asset if they get the link. I don't know exactly how github work and im total beginner in developing, i removed the link and appreciate that you told via dm what it does. I won't do that ever again.

Teila likes this.
  49. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

We're getting rid of singletons in v0.2

50. Firesoft

Firesoft

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.