Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcv8000

jcv8000

Hey Winterbyte, I just saw this video and wanted to let you know this scumbag Steam "developer" is ripping off your asset, if you didn't know.

This is the video I watched:

Here's the steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/554900/
    Somehow it got greenlit...

This piece of filth doesn't know any programming or game development skills, every single one of his games on Steam are just direct uploads of Unity Asset Store items. Nothing changed at all in any of them except the title.

SocketByte likes this.
  2. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I saw the video as well, this morning, unfortunately the asset store license allows him to do it, no one can do anything.
    Incredible how far some people can go for a quick buck, he probably knew he was going to get a lot of hate, but he doesn't care, because he learned that in the end, he'll fool enough people into buying the game.

jcv8000 likes this.
  3. SocketByte

SocketByte

Holy... I'm in shock. Why someone would do this? Zero creativity... I'm in a hard position because I can't create art, but I'm investing money for people to do that for me, and these people? Even without changing UI (it's not a big deal even without being an art designer) it just shows laziness of these people... Sadly, probably he will earn more money than my almost year of development result. And that "the only aim in dead inside is to gather resources and survive". What a revolution!

I'm dead inside because of this asset flip.
    The game itself is dead... from inside.

jcv8000 and AngryPixelUnity like this.
  4. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

+1 for UniStorm :)

5. bobbybau

bobbybau

V0.2 any estimated time on release? and what will it include? Will there be anything added as far as mobs having multiple attacks? slash, spit, bite? Will players have a choose be female or male? Any chance of players using abilities such as for spells etc

6. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

In April, between 15th - 30th hopefully. You have the roadmap on trello: https://trello.com/b/gmNow8UL/ultimate-survival
    We're making the AI more varied and interesting in 0.2.
    The ability to be a female will not be added in 0.2, but in 0.3, when we create the multiplayer implementation (it'll make sense).
    We don't intend to make the player use spells, we want to focus on the survival aspect. Adding them would be easy if you can program, or have money to pay someone to do it.

bobbybau likes this.
  7. RemitPrime

RemitPrime

Hello , i want to ask you about weapons , im finished my weapon models for my game and i will start adding them to kit but i have a question

when 0.2 update is released can i easly use my rigged guns or i need to re rig them ?

8. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

If you have rigged guns + arms, then you can easily add them in 0.2.

9. RemitPrime

RemitPrime

wow reply after 2 minutes , thank you

10. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

jcv8000 and AngryPixelUnity like this.
  11. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Wow. He's different though...
    He actually posted OUR building video, and OUR screenshots from the asset store page.
    He should get a medal.

jcv8000 and ryandanielbarton like this.
  12. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Yes, exactly the same. It's sad!

But we will create great games with this asset. @Winterbyte312 You will be proud of the project you have created.
    Anxious for 0.2. :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  13. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Nice! We're waiting for them :p

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  14. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Good news! I just received a Tenkoku voucher code from the author. Integration for it coming in 0.2. Also video tutorial on how to integrate it with 0.1 coming this weekend.

15. UltraTM

UltraTM

Would love to see it since it also has a nice weather system. We are using it in an single player fun game on out side :)

We also use their water sytem but went to PlayWay Water since its awesome and has unity integrated graphics quality settings.

16. ryandanielbarton

ryandanielbarton

I died lol

17. MakeGames2

MakeGames2

Hi there,

Where can I configure the resources for trees when chopping them? I'm using TerrainComposer with SpeedTrees.

Thank you =)

Edit: To be clearer, when I chop the trees with my axe I get nothing from them. But it does appear to be chopping them and making the sound and everything.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  18. fahriabdillah

fahriabdillah

please add this for version 0.2 :

- Main menu
    - Pause menu
    - Random item spawner on the ground (like Food/Resources)
    - Message displayer with background image (see my sample Message Displayer from screenshot)

mydesign.png ScreenShot_20170312085604.png

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  19. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hmm. Make sure you have a TreeManager script, as in the MANUAL. and then tweak the Empty Tree prefab that you assign there. You can also duplicate it and create more empty tree prefabs, so you can have different amounts for different trees, if needed. The Empty Tree prefab is created at each tree position, at runtime.
    Go into the Forest scene, find the Terrain object, and see how we set up the TreeManager script.

We're adding the Main Menu, Pause Menu & random item spawner in 0.2. Adding the message displayer with an image takes 30 seconds if you have the image prepared. We might add it as well because we're changing the UI.

20. MakeGames2

MakeGames2

You gave me the idea to look into that script again and check those tree prefabs and I found that my issue is actually that it just isn't placing the Empty Tree prefabs in the right spot for some reason. I've seen that in the manual already and I have the TreeManager script copied on the terrains and thought that should be working but for some reason it didn't give me anything when I tried chopping a tree. I know now that it actually places them in the wrong spot and possibly also the wrong size. I've tried to copy the terrain transform to the Trees object where the TreeManager puts the trees but obviously something isn't quite right yet. So I'm thinking maybe I have to adjust the script to copy the tree transform completely if that's even possible or use a different tree but I'll mess with it tomorrow now that I'm on the right track again. Thanks!

21. ryandanielbarton

ryandanielbarton

22. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

One thing that crosses my mind is that the script doesn't add the Terrain position to the trees. See if you can add the terrain position when the empty trees get spawned.

Awesome!
    Wow, 11M triangles + 3.100 shadow casters --> still 60 FPS? you must have a beast computer.

SocketByte likes this.
  23. SocketByte

SocketByte

Nice looking, but like mine - quite badly optimized.

PS: @Winterbyte312 is there a possibility, to make "Tree" colliders (these to detect hit collision and give resources) as a mesh collider or something? Because I see it's like a cube/capsule and my trees are mostly weird shapes, and it makes it weird to hit etc.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  24. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Just go to the Tree_Empty prefab, delete the capsule collider and add a mesh collider for your tree.

SocketByte likes this.
  25. SocketByte

SocketByte

Ah, that makes sense, I'm so stupid sometimes. Stay strong and beat the asset flippers xD

26. arnor95

arnor95

First of all amazing work. Can't wait to get through all of the code and try to soak in as much information as possible.

@Winterbyte312: I was wondering if there is a simple easy way to set up a mobile first person controller? I saw that you have a joystick script in the package but i'm not quite sure where i would put them.

27. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

There's no mobile support now, but it'll be in 0.4. Take a look at the PlayerInputHandler script on the player. Try to transfer that to a joystick and buttons. You have attempts and activities which can be triggered easily in one line. Eg. For the Jump "attempt" you set up a jump button, and when it's tapped, you call Player.Jump.Try();

If for some reason it sounds complicated, it's not, dive in a little bit in that script and I'm sure you'll figure it out.

28. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

i just purchesd this asset and i am getting this error
    Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival.AI/Gameplay/AIGroup.cs(3,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `AI' does not exist in the namespace `UnityEngine'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    and when i open the forest scean some of the objects in the scean have no names error unity us 1.PNG

29. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Use Unity 5.5.2. You're probably using Unity 5.4

30. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

thanks for the fast reply :)

31. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

i was wondering is there is any way to send the arms file cause in the asset they are .meta but i cant import that into blender

32. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yeah, I'll upload the new arms, rigged, as a .blend file

33. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Can you send me your invoice number? It only takes 1 minute, I want to verify something.

34. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

ok thanks but where ;)

35. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

yah sure where shull i send it

36. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

send a PM here
    I'm uploading the arms

37. MakeGames2

MakeGames2

Aha! I was able to copy the Terrain position to the Tree Manager Position Offset and it puts them in the right spot, however it's still not actually placing all of them for some reason and it's not scaling them to the size of the trees. There are a lot of trees. I'll see what I can do now, thank you =)

38. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

It won't scale the colliders automatically, you have to create empty prefabs for each tree that needs it.

39. MakeGames2

MakeGames2

TerrainComposer is able to have them at random scales between set values so I added this line after the tree var is set in the CreateTree function of the TreeManager script:

Code (CSharp):
    1.             tree.transform.localScale = new Vector3(treeInstance.widthScale * 2f, treeInstance.heightScale, treeInstance.widthScale * 2f);
    It seems to work for me so far anyway. I got it to work for multiple trees, I just forgot to set the Prototype Index before. So all seems well! Thank you for your help =)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  40. paulojsam

paulojsam

probably this is a stupid question, but how to minimize the camera tilt when the player moves is camera around.
    the text of the weather costumization and the control keys i assume its a script, what is it, soo that i can take that information off the screen
    Thank you

41. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

To minimize that cam movement, go to Male_Player/Look Root, and you can find a setting called Roll Angle.
    To take the controls off the screen go to Male_Player, expand the PlayerInputHandler and toggle the Enable Controls off.

42. UltraTM

UltraTM

43. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

44. ryandanielbarton

ryandanielbarton

Currently at 80 FPS with an average of 5.3M tris/7.0M verts. What should I be shooting for?

45. ryandanielbarton

ryandanielbarton

It's really not that great. you're making me blush.
    got it down to 5M tris, working on shadows right now.

Processor: Intel(R) i7 ~4.0GHz
    RAM: 16 GB
    GPU: Nvidia Gtx 970

46. SocketByte

SocketByte

I envy you this 16 gb ram, my unity editor works like a F***ing S*** with 8 gb. I need to wait at least 2 minutes to play game in the editor, and at least 2 minutes to F***ing leave the play-mode. :(

Almost always unity eats over 5 GB, and my ram usage is average 90-95% ._. whyyyy

47. ryandanielbarton

ryandanielbarton

oh yea man. 16Gb is a must.

48. Kalle801

Kalle801

Please integrate it. I purchased Eviro some time ago. Would be awesome if i could use it in Ultimate Survival

49. doodle911

doodle911

Jeez man - What tools do you use for your worlds, they look INSANE!

50. Sickleadz

Sickleadz

Yeah it is truly sad, but dont worry, those pricks of uncreative losers will not get anywere with their flips... they dont even have the knowledge to change anything in the game kit, not simple things as items or structures.. hey.. they even use the same terrain.. Steam will never Accept if they even manage to send it in...

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.