Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

We don't have that in our plan as they don't really fit in a survival game. But if you think they have a use case, we'd be more than happy to implement them.

2. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I uploaded a video yesterday but I fell asleep and obviously couldn't link it here, I'm playing a little with some systems (inventory related). Please note the systems may change in the future, We're not totally happy with some of them, and we'll improve in the future:

Deleted User likes this.
  3. SocketByte

SocketByte

Some questions and suggestions.
    - Can you actually remove structures with something? Remover tool etc?
    - Are there a doors? I haven't seen them on your vids and screens
    - Is building system supporting snapping system like Rust and structures are destroyable?
    - If structures are destroyable, maybe like in Minecraft - cannibals trying to get to the house by destroying slowly doors? It would be so cool and creepy
    - Why is campfire enabled while no wood in it? :D It's too op!
    - How the building works? In screenshots you weren't having somewhat of a "blueprint" in your hands. So how it works?
    - Add a possibility to enable/disable campfires and furnaces
    - How the mining/cutting trees works? It's a tag on the prefab or a script? And can I use speedtree (drawing trees on a terrain) with this? (I'm actually using Gaia)
    - Smooth these crafting queue green bars, change it value more precisely. ;)
    - And how the F*** is this drop system working? I mean shouldn't it drop an item on the ground, not removing it permamently? It's disappointing and not realistic. There should be another option to REMOVE the item.

sorry for any grammar mistakes, english is not my national language

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    d1favero likes this.
  4. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hmm, I hoped it was understood that many things are not in place, many of the things you said are
    Hi :) I see you are a little dissapointed, but don't worry, ALL the things you said were missing, or were WRONG, are in the video because we haven't finished the systems. I shouldn't have rushed to post a video featuring incomplete content. We won't upload anything else but the finished thing from now on (as a video), the video trailer will come in about 10 - 14 days. The release date is pushed to 20th December, to allow for more polishing.

Now about a few things that need more clarifications:
    -The drop system doesn't spawn the items on ground yet, but it will.
    -The crafting queue green bars are updating every second, but you can change the update rate to something smaller, making it smoooth. (It was my choice to make it like that, more snappy).
    -The building system is being developed by another person, and he hasn't yet finished it, so that's why you don't see any systems in place (its almost done).
    -The campfire & furnace will definitely be toggable (being able to turn them on / off).
    -The doors are definitely in the system, but as I said the system is still in development.
    -The mining/cutting trees right now, work by attaching a script, we'll make it so you can paint trees and actually being able to cut trees / mine (will be compatible with Gaia).

I'm sorry if you misunderstood the purpose of these videos, there are featuring an unfinished product, I thought some people might find it helpful, when I post work-in-progress stuff, to see we're making progress and not given up.

Deleted User and SocketByte like this.
  5. SocketByte

SocketByte

No no, I'm not disappointed. I understand it is not finished etc.
    I thought maybe you forget about some things etc. and this drop system was a little weird for me (especially with this box saying "for sure?", it shouldn't be shown, it's just a dropping item which you can easily take again xD)

Thanks for the reply ;)

PS: You said that cannibals are spawning in the night, but what if I disable yourd ay/night cycle (i'm using Time of Day) with mine? I need to change something etc?

PS2: I love how furnace works, in Rust it was unclear :D

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  6. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Haha, sure, I actually was about to take it out today, I didn't like it either, will be taken out as it doesn't fits. Thanks for the feedback, it helps us adjusting our course.

7. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

You will have to change something yeah, some small things. I should be able to create a video tutorial on that, shouldn't be more than 5 min long. In the future though, we'll create a custom integration with the Time Of Day asset.

8. ryandanielbarton

ryandanielbarton

Will there be a codelock system in place to lock doors?

9. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

We haven't thought about implementing it, as it seemed like a pretty specific thing. We can make it so you can lock the doors sure, but a codelock seems like a Rust-specific feature :) Won't take long to implement though.

10. SocketByte

SocketByte

I hope there will be a lot of videos, even private ;)
    That would be amazing in version above 1.2, when the multiplayer is supported ;)

PS: Dollar is so expensive now, almost like an Euro, in my country it's expensive as F***. $50 is like 1/14 brutto national average D: . Still, I need to buy it :D

11. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yeah sure, I'll post one more video before the trailer itself, showing the AI & building system, and maybe update the current two videos as well. I want to make sure I have everything ready though, so it might take about 7-10 days from now. Thank you for your interest, I hope the asset will be helpful for your game :)

stalkermustang and SocketByte like this.
  12. ryandanielbarton

ryandanielbarton

Yea i was thinking about something similar to rust legacy

SocketByte likes this.
  13. SocketByte

SocketByte

And...

For example I want to create an item which is placeable on the floor, and I can click on it and then something happens.
    Can it be done easily? Is there any script for custom placeables and interactives?

PS: What if I throw a spear centrally above my head? It will go further to the space, or will fall on me again by physics - and it will be inverted (i will kill myself) or it will fall backwards? :D

14. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

All the interactable objects are based on a base script, so yes the system is in place. Also, yeah, you can have custom objects which you can place.
    You'll see everything you need to know in the video trailer. Also the initial post, main post, has a lot of info about what will be in the first release.

SocketByte likes this.
  15. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

hi .. idont have a specific use case but my suvival game protoptype has melee eniemies8like your cannibals etc) and ranged soldiers in the advanced levels (labaratory, scientist bases ect) so would be cool if we can have the possibility to choose between melle and ranged..

16. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi! I see what you mean, they would be helpful for some people indeed. We won't have the time to implement them in v1.0, but will definitely be coming in the next ones, I'll add it to the roadmap

17. SocketByte

SocketByte

Cannibals with bow hiding behind the trees shooting you :D That would be original

18. robinlancee

robinlancee

Will this template be fore sell?

19. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi :) If you mean "Will this template be sold", then yes, we're working hard to polish it right now, so we can publish it on the asset store.

20. ryandanielbarton

ryandanielbarton

Are you guys still on track for the December 5th-10th release date range?

21. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

We're pushing it to around 20th, we need more time to polish it, we'll polish it more afterwards, but I want a decent level for the initial release too.
    Unfortunately December 20th will be when the asset will be submited, I'm not sure how much will take for the asset store guys to review it, it might take anywhere between 3-10 days.

stalkermustang likes this.
  22. SocketByte

SocketByte

Will be there an easy drag&drop door opening script? :D

And what about...
    Procedural weapon motion (it can be used for any first person object)
    • Gets rid of the need for custom animations
    It means that I can put my own model (for example M4) without custom animations, and it will just work? (After setting some offsets and positions of course)
    If yes, that would be so amazing.

And what with reloading? It will work the same? (with selecting an for example magazine model?)

PS: Will be there an fall damage? :D

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  23. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Procedural weapon motion handles these animations: walking, running, jumping, landing, falling, rettracting when on ladder. It also handles aiming & sway. The custom animations that you'll need are: Idle, Fire, Reload. (There are tons of weapons on the asset store, which are animated, and provide exactly these 3, or more animations), I did that so you just have to buy the weapon(s), and combine it's animations with our custom procedural motion.

About the door script - yeah sure, you just attach a script and set a few things, and you'll be able to open the door, if your model is set up correctly, if not there will be another simple step.

SocketByte likes this.
  24. SocketByte

SocketByte

Ok, it's nice. I'm just saying because I suck with animating things :D

Waiting a lot for the asset! :D

25. ryandanielbarton

ryandanielbarton

Is there a new video in the works by chance?

26. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi there Ryan, not at the moment, but I will post a video when the building system & AI are ready to be shown.

27. ryandanielbarton

ryandanielbarton

sweet! :D

28. Totals

Totals

Looks great!

Will the multiplayer allow us to develop for dedicated servers?

29. JessieK

JessieK

Hey this looks interesting, but I was curious as this is something that most survival games get wrong, mainly they are a bit dull combat wise, do you plan on putting anything in to make your melee combat a bit more...complex

Blocking for example or parrying maybe, just I remember seeing you saying that you aren't putting in any ranged AI.

30. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi! We honestly haven't thought much about multiplayer, as it'll come in ~version 1.2, so we have time to polish the other systems, but yes, it seems like a great idea, to allow dedicated servers, so expect it in the multiplayer update :)

31. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi Jessie, what you're saying sounds awesome, and not difficult to implement, I think it'll add a lot to the game/asset. We don't have time to do it for v1.0, but I'll add it to the roadmap! great idea, thanks.

32. SocketByte

SocketByte

I hope multiplayer will be advanced and easy to manage. I have never been working with uNET and it's a dark mistery for me to use this. Althrough I've created a poll, what people want to see, and 99% people wants an advanced multiplayer. You should really think about multiplayer as soon as you can. Good luck!

33. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Thank you. We do our best to create something powerful yet easy to use. The asset will be better as the time passes, I can't wait to improve it once people get their hands on it.

SocketByte likes this.
  34. ryandanielbarton

ryandanielbarton

I know people are going to snarl under their breath at what I'm about to say...

Assuming you guys follow through with your projected roadmap, you should really charge more than 50 bucks for the asset. Not telling you guys what to do of course. Just thinking out loud.

Keep up the good work and thank you! My team and I are excited for the release.

35. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Thank you, we're excited too! The amount of work that has been put so far it's worth charging more than 50$, however I want to keep the price the way it is for a couple months, until the multiplayer update arrives, mainly because in those months it will need to be tested and refactored, and improved upon, to become solid enough for people to use it well. Once it becomes bug-free, and feature-rich, we may raise the price with 10 bucks or so.

36. DecayGame

DecayGame

I am actually still trying to process that this isn't rust. It looks the exact same it's basically a rust kit. WHICH IS FREAKING COOL. I can't wait till this comes out. I think this is going to EXPLODE on the asset store! When is the release date so I can buy it.
    GOD! you got me so hyped MAN!

37. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Thank you, I'm happy you like it, but I'm a bit worried now, it seems people see it as a Rust-clone, I hope the video trailer will change their mind, and convince them it's a generic survival template. thank you once again stay tuned :)
    I don't know the exact release date, I personally spend 10 - 12 hours a day working on it, it's a large project, but it should be ready soon.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    graworg likes this.
  38. DecayGame

DecayGame

Well if you look at rust this is literally the exact same. Personally I don't think that is a problem. That is freaking sick.
    and okay I will stay tuned thanks. :D

39. SocketByte

SocketByte

I hope it is not a 100% rust copy... you know why... animal AI... xD

I mean in Rust animals are going through walls and teleporting on mountains. They even used navmesh? xD

40. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I think this will help, but here are the inspirations for the asset: (at least what I can remember now)
    - Inventory UI, and UI overall - Rust
    - Object placement, durability bar & anvil - Minecraft
    - Guns & bow - Far Cry 3
    - Spears - Far cry Primal
    - Cannibal / zombie AI - The Forest
    - Wild boars - Far Cry 3 & 4
    - Construction system - Rust & Minecraft
    - The rest is mostly combined stuff.

We didn't try to copy those, as a whole, instead we took good-looking, or good-working parts, and assembled them in what we think is a template that will be useful for most survival games.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  41. unicat

unicat

Hi, i am searching for the best fps controller from the asset store. This one looks really good. I`m using the controller from RFPS now, but the updates are coming too slow. It has the best fps feeling however.
    Last weeks i played FarCry 4. It has a fantastic FPS Controller (crouchsliding, jump and landsound, climbing hills etc...).
    I hope, this one will come near.
    Do we get a playable Demo to test?

42. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi there, yeah the FC4 controller is awesome, at the moment our controller is lightweight, I didn't have the time to really beef it up , it feels good, but I cannot compare it to FC4. I have it planned to make it feel way better in the future, because I personally love the Far Cry movement and so on. I will post a playable Demo in the future.

SocketByte likes this.
  43. unicat

unicat

Thank you, will buy this after release and hope for the future :)

44. ryandanielbarton

ryandanielbarton

Any updates? :)

45. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi, the developer working on the framework for AI and Construction System needs 1 - 2 more days, and in the meantime, I completed the inventory and fixed bugs. Sorry for the delay. The video trailer will come soon.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    Deleted User and SocketByte like this.
  46. SocketByte

SocketByte

How much time till releasing on asset store? My credit card is ready.

47. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi, a couple days until publishing, I can't tell exactly how much is going to take until it gets approved though. It'll be online soon!
    Also, the video trailer is in the works :) We have a ton of work left to show.

48. DecayGame

DecayGame

retweet

49. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

This looks very interesting. I would recommend integration with 3rd party AI components (like ICE Creature Control) for those who need advanced AI. Crouching and crawling who be very useful. Also, I would like to see things like throwing (rocks, grenades, etc.), sword\daggers, bow and arrow usage (very important one for me), etc. If that were the case I would seriously consider using this for my game (my game will target both VR and non-VR platforms.)

50. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi Steven
    - Crouching is in the package, but not crawling
    - We will integrate a more advanced AI system, and speaking of integrations, we'll integrate Time of Day and other useful assets as well. Not in 1.0 though.
    - Explosives / grenades will come in 1.1, it's in the roadmap, (we'll do rocks too now that you mentioned it)
    - Also a more complex melee system will come in 1.3
    - And finally, the bow and arrow is already in the package, you can take a look at the first video, at the end of it.

I'll update the roadmap,
    Thank you for your interest :)

StevenPicard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.