Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kottabos

kottabos

First off I just want to say awesome work on this asset my friend it looks amazing and has a lot of what I'm looking for for a project of mine. My one question is on the day/night aspect of the mod, I know others on this forum have asked about different day/night assets (as there are so many of them on the store) and I'm wondering if you are familiar at all with Tenkoku dynamic sky (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/34435). I use this for my day/night and weather systems in game and before I buy this I'm curious how accessible the sleep portion of your mod is, would it be difficult for me to call that in Tenkoku to accelerate time?

2. wahyuway

wahyuway

Hi @Winterbyte312
    I got this error as below.
    To reproduce it:
    1. Open forest demo scene
    2. Hit play
    3. Choose bow and attack tree or rocks or other things that have collider
    4. Warning will be shown as below
    5. It only happen in the first time only. If you attack again the warning do not show up.
    The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!
    UnityEngine.Resources:LoadAll(String)
    ScriptableSingleton`1:get_Instance() (at Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival/_General/ScriptableSingleton.cs:14)
    UltimateSurvival.ShaftedProjectile:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival/Player/Interaction/ShaftedProjectile.cs:116)
    Is this known bug? or how can i solve it? any suggestion?

Second, do you consider to open discord channel as your support? as other asset using it to get faster respond or get respond from other user that has similar problems (why discord, because it has unlimited search)

Third, is there any private repository that member can join?

3. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Sure you can change the slot number.
    Each chest has a LootObject component. Modify the "Capacity" from this script.

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  4. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Thanks :) You have to code a little, @KaVz already integrated the Time Of Day asset.
    See the built-in TimeOfDay script, and overwrite the NormalizedTime with Tenkoku's time, you just have to overwrite 1 - 2 values from this script.

5. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

It seems I can't reproduce it... hmm. Since I'll rework most of the weapons scripts, it should disappear in 0.2.

I'll take a look at discord for the 0.2 release, we have to set something up regarding support, at the moment we're really busy with the development.

There is our repository (on BitBucket), if that's what you mean. At the moment we don't want to make it accessible to other people (I guess you mean the people that bought it), we're afraid that someone might steal something, publishing it in one way or another (the chance is low but it exists). Do you know any other similar assets which made their repository available to customers? I apologize if that's not what you meant.

6. kottabos

kottabos

That's what I was hoping after seeing @KaVz post but wanted to double check. Thanks for the quick reply and keep up the great work, I can't wait to see how your roadmap progresses with this asset.

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  7. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

8. wahyuway

wahyuway

Ok no problem.
    Will wait for that :)
    Yes, i mean private repo for the people that bought your asset, and you invite them after you verified their order number.
    I know several asset that i bought, such as forge and Master server framework that use private repo. I think, it also useful to track issue from there that member can post. And get fast fix. Just my suggestion :D

9. SpectralRook

SpectralRook

I have used a few assets that offered this kind of access. I can only think of one at the moment, RPG Kit. Zerano's situation was a little different though but he offered SVN access to the in-development project for the Pro version of the kit (included licensed models). I haven't updated in a long time, so I'm not sure if that is still how it works.

I think you have to decide what works best for you. Do you want to support a "release" version and a "pre-release candidate" version. Do you want the added benefit of having beta testers for your pre-release version. Things like that.

For you I think an in-development version could be a little more problematic if you don't want to have to deal with stability while you are working. Sometimes you may want to leave something in a broken state until you have time to circle back to it. If you do want to offer this kind of access, I would recommend a small, select group of people and see how it goes.

Personally, I want whatever you got as soon as possible. April is thousands of minutes from now.

10. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Thanks for the insight, we'll see in a few weeks in what state the asset is, right now we've taken it apart, working on pieces (early dev). We might set something up, if more people will want that.

11. Dramamine0001

Dramamine0001

FYI, .11 is out.

12. inoj

inoj

Hey, and first of all, thanks for this great opportunity to introduce some unity developing to a guy who doesn't have that much experience and loves survival games over everything! I have been experimenting with this pack + Messy Coders tutorials and it's been great time. I noticed that 0.11 published but im not totally sure how i can import it to my test project and test scene that i won't lose everything I've done so far. Nothing much I've done yet (New material craftable / mineable objects and items, textures / different models) but in last 3 days I've learned more than the whole time when i first time tried unity and lost my interest. And i've been having problem to get ragdoll boness manually added to "add humanoid ragdoll", nightmare model which is used in Messy Coders tutorial is really only one I've got to work with it and I've tried plenty of free character models from unity asset store, It doesn't seem to find bones automatically in most of the cases and when i try to drag and drop those from hierarchy it just leaves me with empty slot still. Also tried some ways to figure out how to do AI animals with custom 3d models from store, but my results so far wasn't too great! So far this pack seems greater than i expected and I really would love to create my first playable game just as a hobby by using this as a base template. Can't wait the .2 release tbh.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  13. mimminito

mimminito

Just got this yesterday and CANNOT WAIT to dive into this. Been watching @TheMessyCoder's videos and his excitement is not alone :)

We already have started fleshing out some ideas for a game based around this, cant wait to share some stuff when its ready!

Thanks again and look forward to following this thread and the packs updates.

14. SpinTheDaddy

SpinTheDaddy

Whats new in 0.11?

15. Legend458

Legend458

I think it's mostly bug fixes.

16. ryandanielbarton

ryandanielbarton

I can't even right now. Thanks Winterbyte

Attached Files:

17. Sorrowthief

Sorrowthief

I've been making buildable objects all day and one thing that I notice or that I can't figure out is once I add a buildable object to the building plan I can place as many as I want. I have been adding crafting ingredients for my new items and objects but can't figure out a way to stop my player from being able to build it even if I have no materials in my inventory to make one. I would think that if the item requires ingredients to craft it then you would have to have the item in your inventory before you are allowed to place it with the building planner. Is there an option for this that I just can't seem to find?

EDIT: For what ever reason I saved the project, reloaded it and now it works as it should and requires the materials. All fixed :)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  18. mbarnatl

mbarnatl

@Winterbyte312 : I just bought this tonight, Great asset!

@Robson-Maciel : For your question I had the same problem. The highest capacity I could put in was 12. Then the gui does not add any more slots. I found out that the slots are added but do not show up. You have to go into Hierarchy window: "In-Game GUI" folder... Canvas...1-Windows...6-Loot...Slots, Change the Constraint and constraint count. I kept the Constraint at "Fixed Row Count" and changed the Constraint Count to 4. It added 4 rows. I think you have to add "Slot (Template)(Clone)" also. I am not sure because this is all new to me. I'm just learning Unity and this asset. I hope this helps you somewhat.

19. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hah, for some reason I haven't tried adding more than 10 slots, so I haven't seen that problem, I added it to Trello for 0.2

20. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

For anyone having trouble with the AI and Building System, we know they need to be improved a lot, 0.2 will make them easy to use and more flexible.

21. Sickleadz

Sickleadz

Hi Winterbyte,

First of all, Congrats with your Asset Release, it is absolutely amazing!!
    Being a 3D artist myself, i am already starting to put in my own structure models, and it's working great!

I have just a few questions, maybe its already included in 0.1 or Planned, so sorry if that if :D

What about respawn of mineable Rocks and Trees, will that be possible?
    and one more thought of that : Will respawning trees or rocks skip if there is structures in the way?

Just a thought..

Best Regards

kurotatsu and AngryPixelUnity like this.
  22. cookimage

cookimage

Great Asset, only biggest thing right now that's missing is the saving/loading as once that's in you can release something, At least a test version of your game. Looking forward to that being added next month or sooner.

23. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Looks stunning! Yes absolutely, it's coming in 0.2, we have it in the roadmap.

Save & load coming in 0.2 as you probably know :p

kurotatsu and Sickleadz like this.
  24. Sickleadz

Sickleadz

Awesomesauce! Cheers

25. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

@mbarnatl, Thank you very much for the help, I took a quick test and I believe this is being considered by you.
    It still has some bugs, but thanks. :)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  26. mimminito

mimminito

After diving into this last night... wow! There is so much for a version sitting at 0.1! So impressed, thank you for this amazing kit.

I noticed video tutorials are on the 0.2 list. Could these get bumped to say 1.5? I think tutorials, from yourself, would be very handy for anyone buying it right now.

27. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi :) I know some video tutorials would be incredibly useful, but they would take at least a couple days to properly create an edit, and we're deep into developing 0.2. On top of that, we're changing & improving a lot of stuff in 0.2, and it's not worth putting the effort into creating them for 0.1. We'll create them while we wait for 0.2 to be accepted.

mimminito and TheMessyCoder like this.
  28. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Perfect, news and corrections are more important. And the things cited for 0.2 are extremely expected by us. I really want to know what's being done in the building system,
    and in weapon upgrades. Anxious. :)

29. Sorrowthief

Sorrowthief

This asset shares so many features with a game called 7 days to die. I used to mod it, great game. They use an xml database that makes so many things real easy to mod like adding new blocks or items. Almost every aspect of the game can be modded very easy including the ui. Would there be an easy way to integrate an Xml database to this assets and if so would anyone have any information that could point me in the right direction so that I could research it and see if its out of my league or not? Thanks. Having a blast so far with this asset.

30. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

We might use XML for the save & load now that you mention it, we'll let you know what we've decided at that point. (We're doing the save & load last).
    If you want to try yourself, just research XML C# Unity. If you run into problems, let me know here.

31. Sorrowthief

Sorrowthief

Very cool. I will look into this weekend. They also use blocks with just differnt textures on them. Im sure I can add blocks with my textures and assign the sockets but I would love my players to be able to dig. I think I could manage all that with your asset. The only thing that I'm unsure on how to do is, how could I make my entire terrain made up of the new ground blocks I would be creating?

Would I need to wait for a save feature and hand paint a new terrain using my new destroyable blocks?

32. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

So you want your terrain to be destroyable, similar to Minecraft. you'll need a voxel system for that: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/search/page=1/sortby=relevance/query=voxel&terrain
    Not entirely sure if that's your question.

33. Sorrowthief

Sorrowthief

Well I dont want my entire world to be like that but I have a few spots I would like my players to be able to dig. My thought was for these areas I could lower the orginal terrain and creat some cube shaped grass and dirt blocks and put sockets on them. Then create a tool that would allow the player to destroy the ground and replace it. Is this doable with the current system?

34. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Ahh... that's what you meant...
    Yeah sure, it is doable. But you should be careful with the performance hit they might give. The 0.2 building system should help with that. Right now we don't have any optimization for buildings & placeables.

35. Sorrowthief

Sorrowthief

Good deal thanks for the quick replies

36. ryandanielbarton

ryandanielbarton

37. Sickleadz

Sickleadz

Unbelieveable!!!! Just frustating and funny at the same time for this jerk to keep doing this.. and again not even changing a dime in the game... gives me headache What a complete joke... I am sorry for all the good developers, and Game Template creators getting f*cked by scum like this... Can't we do anything?

38. ryandanielbarton

ryandanielbarton

We don't really need to. Read the comments lol

Sickleadz likes this.
  39. Rui-Figueiredo

Rui-Figueiredo

It will fail but the problem is that in the process of failing, will take the credibility of other good projects because people get tired of paying for things like that.
    This asset is great but it's not a game and should never go to Steam as such.

I wish Steam had some process to prevent things like this.

Anyway, it is what it is and we have to live with it.

WinterByte, keep up the good work and we will o our part on creating games that will make you proud :)

40. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi everyone.

I cannot wait for 0.2 so excited.

Does anyone want tutorials on getting UMA integrated? While sick I have done some tests and replaced the player avatar with UMA and equiping clothing.
    Also been playing with Full Body on FPS view with UMA

I will try get the building placeable objects video up this weekend.

Thanks again for all the comments, likes and subs.

41. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Steam are getting rid of green light. So hopefully that will help.

But I'm worried about what they will replace it with.

I'm making my own game and dont want to be punished because of people like that on steam.

42. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Thank you, we're disappointed that the asset is getting a bad image in this way.
    We're changing the UI and other things similar to Rust (graphically), in v0.2, because some people complained about the asset being a "Rust flip". After months of hard work, some ignorant people call us "thieves", that we've stolen Rust assets, etc.
    We hope 0.2 will fix these problems.

43. wahyuway

wahyuway

++1 for UMA
    I would love to see your tutorial

TheMessyCoder likes this.
  44. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Just a little update, my brother finished the new furnace, for v0.2, yesterday. This an evolution of the US furnaces:

45. bobbybau

bobbybau

Is there a tutorial on how to replace the models for chickens and boars? I only see the example for humanoids

46. Legend458

Legend458

Awesome work.

47. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

There isn't at the moment. You have to study the built-in ones for now. We'll do video tutorials for v0.2, that will cover almost every aspect of the asset.

48. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

I was doing one, but I got distracted by integrating UMA.

Probably will be online next week or midweek.

inoj and uni7y like this.
  49. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

Will there be a tutorial soon on integrating Tenkoku Day Night system?

uni7y likes this.
  50. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I'll add the Tenkoku integration to Trello. And also I'll create a video tutorial this Saturday, as a preparation for the v0.2 tutorials :p - if the Tenkoku guys will respond to my message in time.

uni7y likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.