Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

H.O.L.Y S.H.I.T. I'm sorry I can't contain my excitement, I've been waiting months for this moment haha.
    I didn't receive an email or at least a notification and so it was quite a surprise to find out from here.

The asset was released!

Link in the first post, or here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/80368

Video tutorials done by TheMessyCoder here:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  2. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Not at the moment, we'll see how UNET serves us.

Legend458 likes this.
  3. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Congratulations mate!!!!!!

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  4. zombieslayer420

zombieslayer420

YES ITS OUT

5. Legend458

Legend458

Congrats on the release.

6. wahyuway

wahyuway

This weekend will be gonna so much fun. Playing with it now :cool:

7. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

We started on version 0.2 a couple days ago. Since I included some fixes and small features that were meant for 0.11, in the last submission, we want to skip 0.11 and focus on 0.2.

If anyone needs something that is critical, we'll try to create a 0.11. Save & Load + some big updates coming in 0.2. I'll post some screenshots later on when we have something to show.

siblingrivalry and wahyuway like this.
  8. zombieslayer420

zombieslayer420

what happend to that trailer you say you were gonna make before you submit the asset

9. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

We think we have enough video material and screenshots to showcase 0.1. And also the demo, which I'll update right now because it's a little bit outdated. For 0.2 a trailer will come in handy.

Legend458 likes this.
  10. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Wow this is very exciting news!!! Congratulations Winterbyte!!!

And a massive thanks for posting the link to my tutorials :)
    I will be uploading the next tutorial this weekend for NPCs.

I made a link with the Unity Asset Store affiliate programe. So people dont get confused, I am not associated with the makers of Ultimate Survival I just started making the Tutorials because I am really enjoying the kit and it is so much fun to use.
    So if you purchase via my affiliate link, it really helps me out and I get a few pennies (lol really is a few pennies).
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/80368?aid=1101lMAW

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  11. doodle911

doodle911

I have purchased the asset and I am having lots of fun following the Messy Coder's tutorials, which are great and funny btw!

The kit is good and has a lot of content and I am looking forward to the future updates.

Thank you Winterbyte!

12. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Thank you as well! So excited about the future, we have a lot of good stuff coming up, stay tuned! :)

siblingrivalry likes this.
  13. SocketByte

SocketByte

Congratulations on your release! Excited to buy it soon, need to earn some money by writing some orders for customers! xD VAT in my country is freakin' a lot, instead of $49,99 it's 56 euros for me xD
    Wish you good luck with the sales, and I also hope it won't appear on the leakforums or somewhere else.

14. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Thanks man :) I'm 100% sure it will appear on some torrent sites, but Ï'll keep an eye on them.

15. Stanchion

Stanchion

Congrats my good sir. Are you considering multiplayer integration using Photon Bolt ?

16. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Thanks! We want to use UNET as to not have any external dependencies. We haven't started on multiplayer, that is in 0.3. We won't start the MP development until we do a little research though. At that point we'll compare UNET vs Photon to see which is the best choice.

SocketByte and siblingrivalry like this.
  17. Stanchion

Stanchion

Okay, let me know if you have any questions about Bolt or authoritative networking

18. doodle911

doodle911

I have encountered an error and cant use the kit...

When I add the base scene objects, the player doesn't work. It is very odd, there are two pairs of arms, both of which i can control, but I cannot move the player.

I have tried creating a new project, re-installing the kit, different scenes etc.

There is, luckily, an error message.

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    UltimateSurvival.SurfaceDatabase.GetSurfaceData (UnityEngine.Collider collider, Vector3 position, Int32 triangleIndex) (at Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival/Surface Managing/SurfaceDatabase.cs:78)
    UltimateSurvival.SurfaceDatabase.GetSurfaceData (Ray ray, Single maxDistance, LayerMask mask) (at Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival/Surface Managing/SurfaceDatabase.cs:54)
    UltimateSurvival.FootstepPlayer.GetDataFromBelow () (at Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival/Player/Misc/FootstepPlayer.cs:158)
    UltimateSurvival.FootstepPlayer.On_PlayerLanded (Single landSpeed) (at Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival/Player/Misc/FootstepPlayer.cs:136)
    UltimateSurvival.Message`1[System.Single].Send (Single message) (at Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival/Event System/Types/Message.cs:69)
    UltimateSurvival.CCDrivenController.Update () (at Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival/Player/Misc/CCDrivenController.cs:1

19. doodle911

doodle911

Right, I fixed the two pairs of arms - I had a two cameras in the scene, whoops!

But, I still cant move the player and it has the same error message as before...

20. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

1.Make sure you use Unity 5.5.2
    2.Make sure you accept the Project Settings import

Send a screenshot here I'll be able to help.

21. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Delete everything from the scene. Add the base scene objects. Maybe you have 2 player objects. Start from zero, see what you're doing wrong.

22. doodle911

doodle911

I fixed it - Don't really know how.

I created a new scene and deleted everything in it, like you said and it worked, even though I did that before! Whatever, it has stopped having a paddy now! Thanks! :D

23. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Great. You have to get used to how it works :p

24. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Good asset and very complete, congratulations!

I would have liked to save and load would have been in this version :)

25. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Thanks, I understand, save & load is a pretty large feature and we didn't want to spend more time on 0.1. We want to release version 0.2 in April :)

26. UltraTM

UltraTM

I hope you guys choose UNET and give us the chance to start an dedicated server. Photon is only good for COOP stuff but even this is possible thru UNET and no one needs to buy an extra license and stuff from Photon to get more users.
    I own a few assets with photon its always an updating process to keep your stuff working with it. I do not recommend it if you guys like to give us really something nice and dedicated. Even UnitZ has an UNET version finally and the freedom :D

27. Stanchion

Stanchion

@UltraTM Photon Bolt lets you use dedicated server, you do not need to pay for more users for that. Bolt != PUN

wahyuway likes this.
  28. Jezzywezzy101

Jezzywezzy101

Congratulations on the release mate! Bet your well chuffed and hope it's selling well!

29. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Thanks!

30. UltraTM

UltraTM

Ah yes Congrats finally approved yipee :)

BTW can you insert something in version 0.2 maybe. To remove the gras when placing down an item?
    If you have some higher grass in the scene its difficult to build and you see the grass thru the foundations

31. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Good idea, I'll write that down on Trello

siblingrivalry and UltraTM like this.
  32. doodle911

doodle911

How can I lower the light intensity of the sun? When I lower it it seems to automatically change back to it's original value when I run the game.

Really loving this asset so far, having lots of fun - haven't eaten all day! :D

33. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Go to the Time Of Day object, and tweak the Sun Intensity curve. That's the sun intensity over the day & night cycle. You should be able to see changes in realtime, in the editor, you don't have to hit Play. Also, you can change the time there, while in the editor. Play with the time of day script.

34. doodle911

doodle911

Thanks, another question though - sure your sick of them by now, sorry!

How do i get the skybox to change to black for night as the light gets darker but the skybox stays daytime. I am using the Ultimate Survival skybox.

Thanks for the help!

35. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Ah don't worry, ask anything you want.
    I think I know what's happening. You're using our skybox, which is Unity's procedural one.
    I guess you already have it in the Lighting window set up. Drag in the sun light, in the "Sun" field as well. (in the Lighting window)

doodle911 likes this.
  36. doodle911

doodle911

Thanks so much, you are great!

37. RemitPrime

RemitPrime

Hey , sent you an email can you check it :)

38. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Answered.

39. konar001

konar001

Greetings from Ukraine, a very steep asset. Waiting for updates, if necessary will be people on the tests - write

40. Firesoft

Firesoft

F*** yeah!!!!

After 1month of waiting for the review!!! Finally!!!!

Wuhhhjuuujuuuuuuu

41. Firesoft

Firesoft

aaaaaand bought it :D

42. JessieK

JessieK

I can't help but notice my suggestion for improving the melee combat was removed, both from the trello/development plan and the current build, is it just not going to be in?

43. ryandanielbarton

ryandanielbarton

Asset flipping incoming...
    Congrats though!

44. Firesoft

Firesoft

45. DecayGame

DecayGame

Aye byte :)
    question if i start making my game now will i be able to update this kit in the future without it ruining the game i was making in the previous update?

46. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

It wasn't removed, it's in 0.2. We're not happy with the current melee weapons, they're very simple and not easy to use. We're changing all of that, 0.3 will have more in-depth melee combat, but the 0.2 update should feel great compared to 0.1's melee animations & systems.

0.2 will be a pretty big update, with some pretty big changes, all for the better. We'll make it easier to understand and to use. We'll add more value and more features. 0.2 will actually be how we first envisioned it.

And so, we're forced to make these changes, unfortunately it won't be compatible with 0.1, we could make it compatible, but it limits what we can do in the future a lot. Starting with 0.2, the asset will be more stable and solid in this regard, meaning you'll be able to update your game successfully.

If you just want a save & load function, try Easy Save 2, otherwise use this time until April (when we release 0.2), to learn how to work with the asset. Or, if you're a decent coder, start now and take bits from the future updates and implement them in your game.

I hope you understand :p We want to make it compatible between versions, but 0.1 will limit the stuff we can do in the future, that's what I said in a nutshell.

47. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Also I just added 2 issues in version 0.11, on Trello. So we're doing the 0.11 after all. If anyone finds more issues, post them here, I'll add them on Trello, and soon we'll submit 0.11 to fix them.

48. ryandanielbarton

ryandanielbarton

49. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

50. DecayGame

DecayGame

Sounds great thank you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.