Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sledo

Sledo

When will the release?

2. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Wow that was your first ever post on the forums?

It was already submitted, we are all waiting patiently.
    Have a look at the other page to see people already talking about when to expect it :)

When it is approved we will see it here:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/search/page=1/sortby=popularity/query=publisher:26268

3. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

siblingrivalry's post is correct :) we're waiting for it to get approved. Hopefully a few days from now if it gets accepted.

4. Firesoft

Firesoft

5. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

6. Firesoft

Firesoft

Ohh ok,
    He posted the demo?? Woooow

7. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

I don't like he got this before the official release. The package is not even out and it's been seen as another UnitZ. Just because of this guy.

StephenL likes this.
  8. Dramamine0001

Dramamine0001

With any fairly completely template, you're always going to get this. Go pick a template at random from the asset store and you'll find games across iOS, Android and Steam that do a pretty much a straight publish of the asset.

If you don't do what this guy did and instead customize it to fit your own game (changing art assets [models and animations], UI, gameplay) it shouldn't be recognizable.

Even before people started pointing to this, it was already getting criticized for being too close to Rust, so either way everyone should be making major changes before even thinking about releasing anything with this.

There's already a large amount of bare-bones, early access survival games out there with bad reviews and low purchases. Make something unique with a lot more to it.

9. Firesoft

Firesoft

Very well said!

10. SpinTheDaddy

SpinTheDaddy

Well, it's been almost 10 days now. Sucks that it takes long time for them to approve. But again, why won't you let me purchase beforehand and then let me get updages?

cheers

11. Rombie

Rombie

Art Packages take up to two weeks alone. A package containing code can take a bit longer; even longer for services.

Also, Only count business days. Unity does not review Packages Saturday's and Sunday's.

All three of my art Packages took roughly around 14 days (excluding weekends) to be reviewed and approved.

Hopefully there is no issues with this package and it's approved. Or else the whole submission process will have to restart after the issues are corrected.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  12. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Hi,
    Almost 10 days isnt 10 days. And like Rombie said they can take up to and even longer than 14 working days.
    It is a human process and when its a code pack they will sit and check things carefully.

Many content creators dont want to sell outside of the asset store because then you wont be able to get updates from inside Unity. They would need to support you directly to keep sending you updates.
    That is a lot of effort when Unity will do it automatically.

Also Unity has the payment system in place, so means that content creators dont need to go to the effort of setting up their own alternatives.

If you cannot really wait another week to get the asset, then I think you would be very stressed waiting for future updates or even starting to make your own game.

Just like you, we are waiting for this as its the best looking survival kit yet on the store.

13. SocketByte

SocketByte

That's not a problem, he can sell it now, and when it's on asset store - give him for free. He mustn't give each update to him directly.

14. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

To give an asset for free you need to send the person a voucher, and the number of vouchers you can send in a year is 12, and I'm sure we're going to need them in the future

15. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

Guys just wait for the asset to get approved.
    I really would like to get this asset already but don't ask for it now and pay later. Just wait a couple days and keep working on your existing project. It's what i'm doing and to be honest i'm more concern in making it easier for me to get this pack to work with my project that i'm rewriting most of my script and removing unnecessary things.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  16. Firesoft

Firesoft

Im not sleeping.

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  17. Firesoft

Firesoft

I got sooo much ideas what to do with this!
    So it every day of not being released hurts :p

I want it so badly now :)

You've really did a great job on this asset!!

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  18. DevS0L0

DevS0L0

Been refreshing my browser the past week, im really looking forward to this asset. I got a few suggestions if you don't mind.

- Individual item spawning that isn't chests
    - Third Person option
    - Cars and Cupboards, etc (Non drivable/Static, and lootable)
    - Base security (Password lock, Raiding should be very hard to do)
    - Better Crafting: Took me 3 minutes to make a base, way too quick. And there isn't a feeling of accomplishment since the recipes are all learned by default.
    - Servers that are hostable by the game owner, or game user (Perfect for ZombieMMO type of game)
    - Rust: I've noticed this asset is very identical to rust, not sure if there are ripped assets from it but with your development skills I think you can make something more unique and better than Rust.

So those were a little bit of suggestions and some critisism. This is the best survival asset to date, some polishing would make it perfect.. Anyways, GL with this asset!

19. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi :) Most of the suggestions will be implemented, see the Trello roadmap, if you haven't already: https://trello.com/b/gmNow8UL/ultimate-survival. We didn't rip assets from Rust, that's illegal, we just liked Rust's style and tried to create something good looking. Thank you for sticking with us!

20. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

Good answer man. Everyone has their own opinion and complaints even if it's a template. Also, It's kind of wrong to say that the developers are ripping assets from another game.

--In regards--
    "- Better Crafting: Took me 3 minutes to make a base, way too quick. And there isn't a feeling of accomplishment since the recipes are all learned by default."

Who needs a recipe learn how to make a wall? At the end of the day you can decide how much of each resource type you will need to build each item.

Lets see how you can resolve the time and feeling of accomplishment.
    Building a simple wall. (Required resources wood planks and nails)
    1. To get Wood Planks you will need to break down Logs into Wood Planks.
    2. To get Logs you need to cut down trees.
    3. To get nails you need Iron fragments.
    4. To get iron fragments you need to break down Iron.
    5. To get Iron you will need to mine it.
    That alone might take you more than 3 minutes. That's also amusing you already crafted Pickaxe to mine iron and an Axe to cut trees for logs.

The rest of the stuff has already been addressed.

siblingrivalry and Firesoft like this.
  21. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

This is a template so it is really up to you get your game the way you want it.
    @kenny1007 is 100% correct in my opinion, it can be as complex as you want to make it.

My advice, go and look at Life is Feudal and go try find some youtube videos for Roma Victor.
    If you want to make crafting a lot more rewarding by making it time consuming and difficult, I have never seen anything better than Roma Victor.

It would take days to get enough resources and components just to be able to make a hammer so that you can then make other tools etc.
    A few real life weeks of playing in game and you could have a small hut.

22. Dramamine0001

Dramamine0001

I agree. There's some good ideas in there, but a lot are very specific. Everyone should be expecting to get this, learn it, and then put in a lot of work to customize for their own game.

Ultimately, it's up the asset developers to weed through the long list of requests and decides what makes sense to add, but the less specific requests they have to weed through, the more they can focus on adding new features and fixing issues.

23. Sickleadz

Sickleadz

Hey Winterbyte312
    Just dropping by after trying the demo, its absolutely fantastic... our team cannot wait to start our work using your kit, i've personally been waiting for ages for a Kit like yours, being a 3D artist myself (also at the asset store) and not having the skills too build a system like yours, myself... Really looking forward like all other in here :), i wish you and your team the best good luck with this..

It truly looks fantastic!

Cheeeeers! :)

24. Firesoft

Firesoft

25. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi Guys,
    Sorry it is past my bedtime and I had the videos accidentally public while updating them.
    I am making some changes to one of the videos and will upload it in a bit.

(wow first forum post is me at past midnight gibbering at my desk, nice)

Firesoft and siblingrivalry like this.
  26. Firesoft

Firesoft

Yeah ... haha :D

27. Firesoft

Firesoft

I dont think its getting approved this week. :(

28. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I don't know what's happening, I haven't received any e-mail. If tomorrow morning I don't get a message from them, I'll submit it again, and hopefully I'll get a response faster. The same thing happened to my brother's art pack, once we submitted it a second time, in a couple days we got the e-mail.

Firesoft likes this.
  29. Firesoft

Firesoft

That sucks.
    Ok thank you! I hope it works :)

30. Sickleadz

Sickleadz

Hey Winterbyte312

This is so normal atm with Unity with New assets... i submit Assets/Models almost every week.. and they usually take 2-3 weeks.. Everyone of them... it sucks!... only already published models, *updates* takes less than a week...

I have a feeling for this weekend :) :D

31. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

ohh no :(

I have seen this happened several times already with other assets.

I guess we are down for 1 or 2 more weeks :(

32. Sickleadz

Sickleadz

Relax this is totally normal Unity query procedure... ... its coming soon... :) stay positive.. iam a publisher too.. always takes 2-3 weeks... i even tried 4 weeks

33. DevS0L0

DevS0L0

34. ryandanielbarton

ryandanielbarton

Im honestly stoked that its taking so long. I dont know what the f*** you are all crying about. This just means more time to get hyped up! :D

35. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I personally had to complete a freelance job right after we submitted 0.1. Today I started on v0.11, I'm now racing through bugs, glitches & little features that need to be fixed/implemented.

You can see the list on Trello: https://trello.com/c/VVMOMndv/63-version-0-1x

Or here:
    - Gun reloading
    - Fix infinite item spawning using shift-click in a furnace
    - You can use the hotbar by pressing 1,2,3 etc, when the selection wheel is open
    - Make the bow chargeable so depending on where you left it, you'll have a different energy left in the string as well, so a different arrow speed
    - You can't destroy the ladder
    - Fix the building stability
    - Make animations that play when you destroy a buildable
    - Being able to place L Shaped Stairs on the floor
    - Sometimes you can't place the Purlin
    - Show how many items you use when building stuff
    - Preserve the last buildable selected
    - Allow greater control over the random loot
    - Raise the fall damage speed threeshold
    - Add view direction-dependent placing
    - You can't send arrows through a window
    - You can't place the purlin a second time
    - Solve the Pause AI bug
    - Make sure the player doesn't see agents spawning
    - The ability to stab with the spear
    - Pick up the spear & arrows

After that I'll jump right away on 0.2! Save & load and a lot of new stuff coming. Also, the developer who made the base for the building & AI systems is working on a better editor for tweaking the AI agents.

0.1 still pending...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  36. digiross

digiross

When you do the reloading, can you allow multiple types of ammo please

37. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

In 0.11, the version I'm working on now, yeah I will do that.

38. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi all,

I am just uploading the 2nd tutorial which shows how to add your own custom FPS weapons.

Check out the 1st tutorial showing how to add Ultimate Survival to an existing scene and create custom consumable items.

39. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Hi, do you mean to select between different ammo for the same weapon?
    That would be great.

like for bows = Fire arrows, normal arrows, Explosive Arrows,
    for shotguns = Buckshot, Shotgun shells, etc.

40. Firesoft

Firesoft

Usually the wait time is under two weeks, or 10 working days but I am aware there is a backlog. As long as it is saying pending then it is just a matter of time before asset is submitted.

Now Im happy again :p

41. digiross

digiross

@siblingrivalry yes, exactly! Different types of arrows, shotgun shells, bullets, etc.

42. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

still not released?? something is strange.

SocketByte likes this.
  43. SocketByte

SocketByte

Yeah, that's really weird. 3 weeks? I thought I will make my game on winter holidays, and it's ending for me now xD

That's quite disappointing, but we need to be patient. I hope it will get approved soon.

PS: Heh, almost 4 months from the first release date :D

44. Firesoft

Firesoft

Can this be real it takes 1 Month to review this??
    Are they so slow? Its very Disappointing at this point. :(

SocketByte likes this.
  45. Rombie

Rombie

AssetStore receives large volumes of submissions every single day. For complete scripting projects it takes time to ensure it's properly assembled and no errors. Also; if the package was submitted for review and then later resubmitted again during the review process usually it bumps it back to the bottom of the review line; resulting in a much longer review time.

If the package is properly made, throws no errors and fallows all of the submission guidelines then it should be released soon. Just gotta have patience.

SocketByte and Sickleadz like this.
  46. Sickleadz

Sickleadz

Exactly Rombie... not only is it a big Asset, but this project looks absolutely stunning and incredible well made, and Unity Asset Store team knows this already.. and knows that it will recieve alot of buyers and followers... everything has to be as perfect as possible... patience people... IT IS CLOSE...

siblingrivalry and SocketByte like this.
  47. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

48. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yeah, it takes a lot of time, I submitted it again last Saturday, thinking it might've been lost or something, but now I realize the project has a lot of things to check. And also they seem to be really busy...

49. Firesoft

Firesoft

Ohh no :(

You really should sell it on sellfy xD

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  50. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

I used to think Sellfry was a good idea until I realised how much extra work it would be to support two different distribution channels.

I would be annoyed if I bought it on sellfry and then a few days later it appears on the asset store.

I think sellfry should be a last resort. In my opinion :)

Johns_Art and AngryPixelUnity like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.