Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firesoft

Firesoft

I think he will not reskin it.
    He already made 2 Asset Flips. :(

2. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

Well, lol , this guy written in the description that "is a new game he's working on" :mad::eek:o_O

Lol, he thinks that recording a gameplay of an asset (that is still work in progress and not released) means "create a game" !

Well... i think is just a kid because I never saw something equal to this .. :/

3. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

ok I see....

4. Jezzywezzy101

Jezzywezzy101

Well regardless i reported it... its disgusting, misleading and a complete rip off... Hopefully Valve will take the project down. Or failing that i would assume the person or persons has absolutely no idea how to progress past that point.

Hormic likes this.
  5. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

From his youtube channel and steam account he putted on greenlight also some other rip offs of others assets.. reported aswell!

Hormic likes this.
  6. Jezzywezzy101

Jezzywezzy101

Yeah i saw that in some of the discussions within the green light page. Apparently he also likes banning nay sayers from the comment section (What a dick)

7. Firesoft

Firesoft

Hey
    Can you see in the assetstore, if the asset is getting accepted or how long it takes for release?

8. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Please tell us his unity community name!!!

9. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

If it gets accepted, it'll be available immediately. Whether or not it gets accepted, we'll receive an e-mail

10. Firesoft

Firesoft

Ok

11. digiross

digiross

I'm loving the progress on the asset and think it will be great and I plan to purchase it immediately!

However I fear that what happened with the asset flipper on steam will continue to happen. There are too many people out there looking for a quick buck.

@Winterbyte312 anything that you can do to open up the framework for more customizing will be greatly welcome to help avoid 1000 Rust clones. I know myself I've been diligently planning how I can best utilize the asset but make it unique and my own and not like everyone else's. I like Rust but don't want to copy it per se.

Cheers!

12. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

As I said previously, the systems are well designed, easy to understand. I'm sure the documentation + the video tuts will provide a great understanding of how to make it your own.

digiross likes this.
  13. SocketByte

SocketByte

That's a shame people still do asset flips. That's just... not fair. It's even worse than asset flip because he didn't even buy the asset (and I don't think he will). @Winterbyte312 I really recommend you giving a big watermark in the demo. I was expecting that someone will do that. Meh, that's just a waste of 90 euros on Steam Greenlight pass.

I'm so pissed right now, that's not fair and not moral.
    Wish you good luck with sales, just do a license or something. And don't put demo as an exe (web is better) or do a watermark. :)

Johns_Art and AngryPixelUnity like this.
  14. Hormic

Hormic

He said he added something to the kit, for this he must own your asset already, but unless its possible to buy it yet, the only way could be if you gave him a copy of the Asset.
    So is it true what he said?

15. SocketByte

SocketByte

He just get a demo from the asset. He can't add nothing. His "new features" are added by Winterbyte team xD
    It's a scammer and a liar.

16. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yes, he owns the package, the problem with what he did is that he posted the asset like it is, without changing anything. I let him know he needs to create his own content. Otherwise our months of work would've been sold for 50$

17. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Dont give the jerk further updates :D Let him rott at 0.1 or he must pay again :)

18. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Suggestion. REMOVE all models. We want them replaced anyway. Just use white boxes and other primatives objects in the next version. That way the F***ing scam flipper cant use / wont use it since its too much work. I feared that would happend when I saw how "complete" your asset would be... I have the asset flipper to the death. If I see one, I know him down!

19. Hormic

Hormic

Ok, i see and i understand that this fellow is a great advertiser for your kit in some way.
    On the other side its a punch in the face for every other "serious" developer, when someone grabs just an already good looking assets and present them as there own work and get greenlight on steam. :confused:

20. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I appreciate your support, but obviously changing it to white boxes would drop sales down to zero. I'm gonna keep my eye on his work, to see if he actually manages to change what he promised.

pushingpandas likes this.
  21. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Actually I didn't know he did that until this morning, I thought he was going to show it to a small group of people, not post it on Greenlight...

pushingpandas likes this.
  22. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

I think a assetflip will hurt your sales.

23. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Yes, that's true. However I have one thing against him if he doesn't fulfill his promises on changing most of the stuff from the kit. If that doesn't happen and it also gets accepted on Steam, I can easily prove what he's done is illegal. Anyways, I hope it doesn't come to that.

zombieslayer420 and Firesoft like this.
  24. Firesoft

Firesoft

Hey,

Did he buy the Kit? Or did he get it for free?

Because if he bought it its not illegal :(

25. Firesoft

Firesoft

But Im still waiting hard for the release haha :) :)

26. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

Well, if you want to know also my asset was "flipped" from a lot of noobs thtat putted their games on steam greenlight and were greenlit.
    I said to these persons to modify stuffs (HUD, models, sounds...) and... after months they never replaced anything...
    My asset is this https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/66215

Also this guy (Interactive Gaming Studio) who published your asset on greenlight, has done the same with my horror kit, lol

Noobs..... noobs never changes

I advice you to keep an eye on his stuff, but i don't think he will do changes on it ;)

Firesoft likes this.
  27. Firesoft

Firesoft

Hey ITS THE SAME PERSON :O
    Its the same guy lol

Johns_Art likes this.
  28. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Got it for free, promised he'll buy it when it's on the store. I'm sure he will, because I saw he bought many others. (For some reason he didn't like paying through PayPal). But yeah, that's what I could use to take it down. HOPEFULLY it doesn't come to that, he said he's working on changing the graphics. Anyways, I will keep an eye on it

Johns_Art and Firesoft like this.
  29. Firesoft

Firesoft

Ohh ok!
    Yeah nice :)

30. Hormic

Hormic

But its illegal anyway, cause you normally get greenlight for the game that you have made and not that one, that you eventually will make later on based completely on others work, with which you have cheated the people to vote for your game.

Active Studio Games: So his Game Isolation is based on your asset?

31. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

Yes, he just built the environment... and made no changes to my asset stuff..

Hormic likes this.
  32. SocketByte

SocketByte

Not everyone is buying this asset just for scripts. I'm not a 3D modeller (really I can't do simple thing) so I mostly buy this for models and icons. Without them it would be 100% useless for me.

Johns_Art likes this.
  33. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

can you include the riggde arms that you use in your asset cause i am not that good of a 3d designer i can make some simple weapons and animate them but complex things like arms and humen body is some what hard .
    and thanks cant wait to get my hands dirty ;)

34. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I don't think I'm allowed to include .blend files in a package. But I can send them to you if you want

35. NicolasAgency

NicolasAgency

Johns_Art likes this.
  36. Firesoft

Firesoft

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  37. thenamesace

thenamesace

Its such a shame this asset is being dragged down by this whole greenlight thing! ...I think @Winterbyte312 would admit he made a mistake letting this user have the asset for free and really should of checked his other "games" first.

We have all been waiting patiently to pick this up and build upon it in our own way and the community here seems like it would build something really good and help each other out with tweaks code changes etc.

I feel sorry for Winterbyte312 that this asset has dropped to these levels without even being on the store yet!

Although we all know this would happen as soon as it hits!

On a plus @Winterbyte312 you have many good devs willing to change and adapt your asset into there games and I myself will buy on release, Not because I want or even need it, but because you and the asset need supporting and maybe in the future I will make something with this "template"

Don't let this get you down, and keep going for your original goal, you have a great asset here and for that I commend you.

38. ryandanielbarton

ryandanielbarton

Please do not let these comments dictate the development of this asset. If anything this will work in your favor for the following reasons.
    The similarities between this asset and rust will actually prevent the success of people who flip because people are done with rust. However, from a developer's perspective, we DO see this as a template to make our own original game. Most of us do appreciate the mechanical aspects of Rust and would want to implement some of them into our own title. Having a Rust template is part of the allure. If you did decide to make something more original on the other hand it would encourage the asset-flipping lemmings to do what the nimrod above already did.

In short,
    Having it look like rust is protection for you AND will actually attract more buyers. Creating something that looks like a completed game will cause exactly what you don't want.
    Keep it as is. You're doing great!

Just my opinion, of course.

39. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

ok thanks

40. Firesoft

Firesoft

Johns_Art likes this.
  41. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

Firesoft likes this.
  42. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

i just reported the the game on green light i suggest that every one do it

43. DecayGame

DecayGame

Someone want to explain how he added stuff to it if the kit hasn't been released?dd

44. SpinTheDaddy

SpinTheDaddy

OP

When is the release date you think? And is there a way to purchase ahead of time? We could do through paypal, if you wish. Cheers

45. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I'm not sure, it can be tomorrow, or it can be in 10 days. Hopefully it'll get accepted the first time. The best would be to wait a little to get it off the store, so the further updates are managed well, and also so you can review it there.

siblingrivalry likes this.
  46. xamur

xamur

Reported the greenlight guy. I think it is the best you can do.

47. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

i have the idea to make a power genertor like you would need it to craft some weapons or stuff and to turn on the lamps
    and the lamps when placed in the night they immet light even they are not turnd on and can we make a crafting bensh in this build ?

48. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Good idea. I will add the power generator on Trello, for 0.2. There's no built-in crafting bench, as you saw from the video, but we intend to create it in 0.2, and to have a "Quick Craft" at the start.

Johns_Art likes this.
  49. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

cool

50. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

and is there is the apilty to upgarde walls like in rust using a hammer or something or dose it go under the building system enchanments

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.