Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaming-Project

Gaming-Project

hey together. wasnt there a fix for the camera shaking, for big worlds? i cant find it.

FungusMonkey likes this.
  2. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Ok cool, I tried the "Ammo Type" property and used the items name as the input but it didnt work. Ill give this tutorial a try.

3. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi Everyone.

I dont have a copy of 0.2 but I have something else, Free copies of "Survival Pack" & "PBR Melee Weapons Pack" from Winterbytes' own Lucian Pavel.

Tonight 9pm GMT I will be giving away up to $2000 worth of assets on my twitch stream, I would love to have you guys pop and get yourselves some great gifts.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/200...-twitch-tv-themessycoder.513451/#post-3361327

Edit: There is a VOD playback available. At the start there is an interview with the creator of uMMO2 where he answered questions if its possible to make Ultimate Survival work in multiplayer.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    AmzerZo, 4hm3du5, LucianBlack and 5 others like this.
  4. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

Congratulation TheMessyCoder ;)

TheMessyCoder likes this.
  5. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Thanks! Really appreciate it.

Nearly 1 year of making Ultimate Survival videos, been a lot of fun and everyone's support has been fantastic. To be honest it has been pretty stressy at times trying to bend US to our will, I have made some great mates here and wouldn't change that for anything.

I dont know how long the US discord will be maintained for and I will try to keep modding it as long as Winterbyte have it going but I have put my own one up just in case: https://discord.gg/CXsGyQU

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  6. danreid70

danreid70

Messy Coder: I'm definitely going to try to catch this stream today!!!! Have watched all of your videos, many more than once! Very informative and always highly entertaining!!! Keep up the excellent work, you've got lots of fans!
    Your videos more than anything else have kept me excited to work with Ultimate Survival and to keep plugging away at my own game! It's not even your kit, yet your videos are what keep inspiring me to keep using it!

Once 0.2 arrives, I can't wait to see what you come up with! I only wish multiplayer would roll out soon, as it's the one part I'm most afraid to start putting together and then worry that new version will break most/all of my code. Much rather keep that sort of thing in-sync with official updates since it's going to be integrated at some point... But it is what it is at this point (and I know that's not scheduled till 0.3 anyway, so...)

Anyway: Hope to "see" you soon in tonight's Twitch Stream! Would be awesome to have Winterbyte and team join in, too - as "surprise guests"! That would be an awesome interview!!

"If you like it, click it!"

7. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Thanks Dan, I am really touched mate. Means a lot. Over the last year I have received quite a few eeerm hostile emails on facebook because i wont give people free copies of US and other stuff. But knowing that its helped you guys in anyway means a lot. Really does.

Well I have a surprise (ish) the creator of uMMO2 will on the stream with me from 9.30PM GMT and it would be great if we can see how a kit like that could help get US 0.2 working as multiplayer.
    The kit on the store looks like just the thing to turn a single player game in to multiplayer, and with US 0.2 having decent serialisation and save/load I think we can do it!

What do you guys think?

8. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Might be great since US 0.3 (which has multiplayer I believe) It a long way away!

LucianBlack likes this.
  9. gegebel

gegebel

Well, we will see if the serialization is good or not :)
    I'll probably watch you on twitch too, It's amazing how you helped the community.

10. 4hm3du5

4hm3du5

I'll be here to watch your stream ! ;)

11. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

12. LucianBlack

LucianBlack

Agreed! There are actually a few packages that I am highly interested in, uMMO is one of them.

Brandon_Powell likes this.
  13. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

HI everyone we just gave away 1 copy of world creator but we have more copies to give away!
    Also just gave away 1 copy of Winterbytes' own Lucian Pavel's Survival Pack
    http://bit.ly/messy2kgiveaway

www.twitch.tv/theMessyCoder

Advanced Foliage is still up for grabs!

Candac59 and Will-D-Ramsey like this.
  14. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Thanks for the boat my dude!

15. Brandon_Powell

Brandon_Powell

16. crimsonmortis

crimsonmortis

I won a light asset but gifted it back to get bacon cannons for his boat!!

17. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

Yay inventory pro!!!

TheMessyCoder and Brandon_Powell like this.
  18. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

19. ReZult_Studios

ReZult_Studios

Great stream @TheMessyCoder I appreciate you giving to the game development community.

20. Artem_PL123

Artem_PL123

Yep. Moderator warned us for talking about an asset in it's official thread.

Moderator doing nothing when some guy is coming here to talk about his stream and videos.

Justice.

limo likes this.
  21. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

Hi Guys has anyone had an issue moving arround on terrain with the latest us? no errors coming up though just cant seem to move at all

22. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

The videos are actually about this kit and that the stream had developers that were integrating with US and also gave away copies of the assets that you get in this kit.
    However if you feel that these are off topic then I apologize as they are not to hijack the thread.

The issue with some of the posts on the thread are about the tone and language used more than the topic of the posts.
    How we communicate to each other is the important thing, talk with someone as you would like to be spoken to and I think you wont have any problems with moderators and your posts.

But I am glad that some people enjoyed them and was able to use them and was great to find out ways how to get Ultimate Survival to work in Multiplayer.

First person to get Ultimate Survival to work with Multiplayer gets a chicken dinner! (or a virtual one at least)

23. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Did you bake your navmesh mate?

24. Black-Spirit

Black-Spirit

Hehe, had the same thought myself. Indeed the thread should be about the asset, not someone trying to make profit from twitch etc. Whislt promoting is somewhat OK, this thread aint for it...

Wink MessyCoder.. Thanks guys!!

1 Hour till show time. This is what you could be winning !!!

25. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

TheMessyCoder is life, you're just some guy coming here complaining about some guy...

26. Black-Spirit

Black-Spirit

Do not think NavMesh is a issue here.

@wagnerlee, check your input manager settings, multiple assets can override.

27. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

I will give that a try thanx Messy Coder

antoripa likes this.
  28. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

Will have a look at that as well thanx as soon as i get home tonight :)

29. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hehe read whilst on the toilet, thought it was about the NPCs for some reason.

@wagnerlee is it a clean project or do you have other assets in there also?
    Whenever I had problems with never versions being uploaded, I went and found older versions in projects and just copied the project settings files over. Otherwise you spend too much time fixing the input settings again.

danreid70 and wagnerlee like this.
  30. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Banned for a month. Please don't push mods. It never has ended well on Unity forums.

Locked thread reason:

There is so much pollution and cross spamming and zero input from the asset author and zero actual support on this thread for quite some time. Therefore the thread is considered to be non functional and locked. The asset author may not open another thread for this particular asset.

This should also reduce stress on the author as well, as it was clear this wasn't working.

The author has several other support channels and is no longer allowed to open a forum post for this asset. Please look at the original post and seek email/discord/other avenues of support, where the author can control the narrative.

Unity forums are privilege and never a right, remember that folks :)

Mohamed-Anis, WillNode, KIR99 and 7 others like this.
  31. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

NEW SUPPORT LINK

[REMOVED]

Edit: author appears to have closed their site and is out of business. (Link removed)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2019
    tikitah and antoripa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.