Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyncriminal

flyncriminal

Look page 87 they are a post
    in case " Heyas @Candac59. I ran into same issue after upgrading CTS. Talking with Adam and describing what it was effecting, he knew exactly what was causing the problem. There is an option in Optimization Settings of your CTS profile. Unclick Strip Textures and all works again. He is going to create a knowledgebase entry for it on his company website."

nathanjams and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  2. jrock84

jrock84

Awesome, that was exactly it. Thank you much!

3. _Bucket_

_Bucket_

When this popped up in my feed I got excited and then immediately got disappointed... Lol

4. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Great post, @TheMessyCoder! I agree with almost everything you said 2000%! The only thing I don't agree with is the following:

There are still people who come here to ask legitimate questions and those who attempt to be constructive with posts and responses. Killing the thread, also kills that ability. For that reason alone I would prefer to see the thread stay. There are some who do their best to help others and I think killing the thread would be a disservice to the asset. To help the mods out, should we just start reporting all of the repeat bitch and moan posts that keep popping up by the same people week after week, @hippocoder? The last thing we want to do is flood your work folder.

Also, for those of you who are talking about people would get fired missing deadlines like this. Comparing paying $35 for an asset and having to wait for it with a contractor/employee missing a deadline is like comparing grapes to watermelons.

At any rate, @hippocoder give us an idea of what those of us who would like to keep this thread going in a constructive manner can do to help you deal with any issues that might make us lose the thread. Having been a moderator of forums before, I try not to use the report button a lot but if clicking it more here will help you deal with it easier I'll watch the forum a bit closer. :)

nathanjams and TheMessyCoder like this.
  5. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Hmmm.. That looks familiar! :p

6. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Oh.. One other thing. I know the plugin kind of sailed in under the radar over in the ORK thread and on the ORK forums. But @gamingislove added an Ultimate Survival plugin for both ORK and Makinom to help sync up some things in projects using both US and ORK (and/or Makinom) assets. If any of you are using it, I'd love to hear how it is working out. I grabbed them but not sure when I might get a chance to play around with them.

Brandon_Powell likes this.
  7. bigd53618

bigd53618

That's exactly how I have it set up I can get it to look around I just can't get the character to move

8. Brandon_Powell

Brandon_Powell

Double-check that you don't have an extra camera in the scene, due to the 2 camera setup if you have an extra camera on the wrong layer, you can get that happening

9. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Keep random commentary to a minimum because some people are stressed and some are not - offtopic stuff will be deleted in the interests of keeping it a valued resource.

(I deleted some posts)

jesseganey likes this.
  10. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

You do not need to do anything. When a user starts making jokes or comments in an inappropriate manner, hit the report button. We all like a laugh from time to time but the thread is too big for that now, it's about making your own lives easier by keeping signal to noise ratio good. Boring, but practical.

I've come to understand the author has multiple channels of support, so if anyone's reading this they can attempt to find help there too.

Will-D-Ramsey and LittleMike like this.
  11. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Seeing this forum on its way back to what it was originally is great. Were all one team ya' know, we cant compete with AAA if were fighting each other.

_Bucket_ likes this.
  12. wagnerlee

wagnerlee

Has Anyone integrated TC2 with US before are there any issues that will come up

thanx in advance

Will-D-Ramsey likes this.
  13. gegebel

gegebel

Besides the usual TreeManager issue, no

wagnerlee likes this.
  14. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

is there anyone using AI with MapMagic and US? I'm looking for ideas on spawning animals and such but the navigation on a "procedural" map is killing me. The spawning isn't too bad its the nav.

15. LucianBlack

LucianBlack

I went with ICE but I know Emerald AI is another option. I haven't quite mastered ICE yet but I have been able to get one of my enemy AI moving around on my MapMagic terrain.

16. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Yeah I was using TC2 with US before and as far as issues go I got it to work pretty well without a deep meaning of TC2 or US. I was able to place spawners that spawned the US AI (cannibals,boars,chickens), cut-able trees, etc. The only big thing to keep in mind is if you're using the US AI you need to bake a nav-mesh or the AI will spawn but be unable to move. I really liked TC2 but I switched to MapMagic so I could use node based generation with Voxeland which TC2 doesnt do.

Yeah im using Voxeland and MapMagic with US so im kinda in the same boat as far as needing to handle the nav mesh on an infinite procedural terrain.

17. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Im using Emerald AI and I have been able to get it moving but not yet got it to receive or inflict damage to the player.

18. LucianBlack

LucianBlack

I have run into the same situation. I have the AI moving around but cannot inflict damage on the player. There is a process for this (with ICE) but I have not spent enough time with it to provide the steps.

19. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

Here

20. gegebel

gegebel

There's a full Tutorial on integrating EmeraldAI on the Wiki...geez :)

21. thenamesace

thenamesace

Is this tut still valid for emerald 2.0 though ?

22. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

I put it on the back burner before the tutorial came out or I wouldve done it then. Any links?
    Not sure but Ill be testing it this week so I guess ill find out.

thenamesace likes this.
  23. LucianBlack

LucianBlack

The link to the wiki is in @gegebel signature.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  24. gegebel

gegebel

@Winterbyte312 could you post a link to the wiki on the front page? or make your own wiki? or something. People need a place where the info is easy to find, unlike the forums.

If anyone has the tutorial for integration of Vegetation Studio, care to link?

ronaldomoon likes this.
  25. acedevelope

acedevelope

I use vegetation studio with us,
    I will make a tutorial for it.

Did anyone have an idea how to change the scripts of the item manager so that we can chane the output size for crafting
    ... something like 1 log gether 4 woodplanks

26. gegebel

gegebel

I was told this would be in 0.2. I need several output slots too, can't be crafting only gives out 1 product.

ronaldomoon likes this.
  27. _Bucket_

_Bucket_

Can we please get some form of information on the whereabouts of 0.2?
    I've been checking this forum every morning and I really feel that if you are going to delay something at least tell the people who this affects.
    For a lot of people, this is directly affecting them

28. gegebel

gegebel

When it's done :cool:

nielshenriksen and LucianBlack like this.
  29. _Bucket_

_Bucket_

I literally only decided to purchase this asset because I was under the assumption that 0.2 would be live by now and be at full price, I'm really disappointed

30. K0nan98

K0nan98

I agree. But I'm still waiting

ronaldomoon and Candac59 like this.
  31. SocketByte

SocketByte

So you screwed up. Ask for a refund. You won't see 0.2 anytime soon, and I'm 99.9% sure about that.

Candac59 likes this.
  32. Candac59

Candac59

Me too. Fait since 7/8 month

ronaldomoon likes this.
  33. _Bucket_

_Bucket_

You wanna know what? I think I will and I also think we all need to be persistent to get an answer because my hope is dropping every single morning I open this forum and see absolutely nothing.

SocketByte and ronaldomoon like this.
  34. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

I agree with this and apparently the mod agrees (to an extent) so paging @Winterbyte312 .

I think it would be a good idea at this point to just upload the beta in its current state for those that have provided their invoices. At this point we know better than to take your word for it when you set a timetable. We need to see that this work you claim is already done, is actually done.

If you're struggling with something releasing the beta in its current state is a good thing. We can help you finish it or maybe squash some bugs you're having problems finding/squashing. I really don't see how releasing the beta now can hurt you. If someone leaks it or flips it, we'll hunt them down with torches and pitchforks (figuratively speaking).

People here (myself included) will literally help you for free. Just stop with the timetables and excuses and let's get this done, @Winterbyte312 .

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    SocketByte and _Bucket_ like this.
  35. _Bucket_

_Bucket_

I really just want proof this thing ACTUALLY exists and when I was informed about the failed past release dates it really just makes me concerned, I literally only just purchased this asset for fun and because it looked like a blast to play around with and the mention of an impending overhaul is what really sold the sale for me and I really feel like its @Winterbyte312 duty to keep us informed on progress even though updates may be free we are still his customers and when the selling point for many people is something that is supposed to have happened almost another month later is just ridiculous, If you want to keep ANY credability for future assets or projects you need to be more transparent about whats going on because at this rate no one will buy from you guys again and the last thing anyone wants is for new customers to see all this when checking out the forum.
    /sigh

ronaldomoon likes this.
  36. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

At the very least he should remove info about 0.2 and other upcoming features from the Asset Store description so people aren't buying the asset and then coming here and finding out that we've been "a few weeks away" from 0.2 for something like 6 months now.

And just so the mods know, I have communicated w/ @Winterbyte312 via e-mail before and I just get the same excuses. I feel like, and I hope you'll agree, that he needs to come out of the shadows and just be real with all of us.

Edit: I have e-mailed Winterbyte again. Hopefully I'll hear something.

Edit 2: I also see on the Trello, that they are still working on the demo island. The thing is, no one who isn't going to just flip the asset cares about the demo island. If you're applying to beta test something and you need a demo of how everything works and has been changed, you shouldn't be applying to beta test in the first place.

_Bucket_ likes this.
  37. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Yeah alot of us assumed it would be out by now myself included. But we have to keep our chins up and keep in mind he still has no obligation to give it to us.

38. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Not when you take into account the TOS of the Asset Store we all agreed to and what it says regarding updates.

39. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

That's the End User TOS, publishers are bound to completely different TOS. Their TOS includes adherring to the the Asset Store submission guidelines. I'm no legal expert by any means, but I'm pretty sure the current description violates the following provision of the submission guidelines:

2.3.m Your description should only pertain to the content of the package.

Edit: I'm more concerned for the people that are still buying it based on the misleading description. It's the #2 most popular asset in 'Complete Packages' so clearly its selling pretty well.

Brandon_Powell likes this.
  40. LittleMike

LittleMike

Dude, haven't the mods said enough is enough already? Accusing Winterbyte of false advertising can have serious repercussions. And for the record, advertising future updates, even if he promises a certain timetable is not illegal. False advertising has to do with the quality, price, or purpose of the product/service. Saying 0.2 will be here tomorrow still wouldn't fall under those categories. If you're that concerned about this never getting released, then get a refund and have a great day. Stop clogging the thread.

41. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

Dude, the mods said we have a right to complain here because clearly this is a case of neglect on the part of the publisher. They said only off-topic and inappropriate comments and jokes should not be posted. People keep using end-user TOS as an excuse, completely ignoring that publishers are required to agree to a completely different TOS which clearly states "Your description should only pertain to the content of the package".

The mods also said that it's not the job of forum users to police each other so if anything, apologist comments like yours are clogging things up. They clearly stated that you should report comments you feel are inappropriate rather than adding more "noise" with the same tired lines about End-User TOS when this has more to do with Publisher TOS which apparently none of you have bothered to read.

My comments are not jokes, not inappropriate, and not off-topic. You are the one not following what the mods said. Scroll up these page. See how many of my comments are responding to cheerleaders responding to my previous comments when they have been directed by the mods to report those posts rather than respond.

Edit: Yes. I know I can file a report on the asset store. I'm trying to give @Winterbyte312 the chance to correct his mistakes before doing so.

_Bucket_ likes this.
  42. LittleMike

LittleMike

Good. Consider yourself reported yet again. It's not your job to police the asset store, it's Unity's. Complaining about it in this thread is not constructive and goes against what the mods said about off-topic.

Edit: And for the record, I was trying to politely tell you to cool it, but instead, I will just stay silent and report any posts like yours. This thread is not a soapbox to complain. The mods said to use the support methods for that.

ronaldomoon likes this.
  43. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

ENOUGH!

Last warning, anyone posting off-topic (complaining about 'promises', perceived promises, complaining about complaining, pointing out complaining, etc...) will have their posts removed and permanently banned from this thread, period. If someone posts something out of line, REPORT them. DO NOT RESPOND to point this out, or you will be kicked as well. The complaining (and complaining about complaining) and noise is utterly childish, and will not be accepted any further.

FINAL WARNING TO ALL.

44. MakeGames2

MakeGames2

In the Hierarchy go to Male Player > Look Root > FP Camera > Player Pause Handler > Change Color Correction Curves to None. Do the same for DOF if you don't want it to blur.

Brandon_Powell and Crede-Pendrel like this.
  45. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

ok so any recommendations for AI?
    IE: ICE or Emerald + Crux

46. LucianBlack

LucianBlack

I am currently using ICE, although, there already is a wiki guide for Emerald AI integration. I haven't really been testing it but I haven't gotten damage to work through ICE. There is a full walk through on Emerald.

47. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

So what would be the best way to set up a consumable tool in UltimateSurvival. As in you use it once (like hitting a tree with an axe once) and its used. I already have the tool working and its stackable but when I use it in game the number of them I have doesnt go down after each use. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance,

48. ChadWoodworth

ChadWoodworth

You just have to code and assign a new variable for your item. You can actually add a new system into the Item manager. Play around with it... trust me, it's worth it.

49. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Edit: Okay I got it working where it uses the equpieded stone to place the terrain back into Voxeland. The only thing I need to fix now is getting it to only use one of the stones per placement instead of the whole stack. This is probably because im using durability to take stones away from the player when used so ill keep tweaking things.

Edit: Really close now Im just looking for a property in the item manager that removes X amount of X item from the inventory.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  50. Brandon_Powell

Brandon_Powell

I feel like the answer to this is in MessyCoder's tutorial on weapon ammo?

hope this helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.