Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleMike

LittleMike

Merry Christmas, happy holidays, and a safe, prosperous New Year to all!

@Winterbyte312 Don't sweat it. We know you'll release soon. Take the time to enjoy the holidays with your family. We will be here :D

zenGarden and TheSeawolf like this.
  2. Victor_cross

Victor_cross

Merry Christmas all & all the best in the new year;)

3. MrKing

MrKing

@Winterbyte312 , Merry christmas! I checked the roadmap, will mobile support be avaliable in the next update? I'm really excited to see the new update, Thank you for your hard work

AlexVipz likes this.
  4. freshmeat911

freshmeat911

Merry Christmas everyone!!! I hope all is well

5. bigd53618

bigd53618

Merry Christmas everyone

6. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

That's easy to say when you haven't already been waiting through 6 months of delays. INB4 Krampus stole his HDD.

7. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

That being said, I do feel like it really is coming soon this time.

jesseganey likes this.
  8. KaVz

KaVz

I'm waiting over a year ;)

9. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

I also

10. Btobi

Btobi

Perhaps US is Winterbytes working title. Looking at the trello, it puzzles me why these are complete...

Finish the small (starting area) island
    Finish the cannibal island
    Finish the 2 very small islands
    Finish the big island

Yet the demo scene is not done. I do not understand why so much detail is needed for a kit.

Anyways, keep up the good work.

11. zenGarden

zenGarden

[Edit removed quoted troll post]

Some plugins about script functionnality need lot of time to get new features or a new version, it's like that.
    When you buy it , you got the plugin as it is.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
  12. Indie-developer

Indie-developer

Is 0.2 ever going to be released? You may as well just be making your own title I can remember back in April you guys said it would be May, then June then when July came it was going to be released in August and now all of a sudden its the end of the year. I expected a few tweaks, a more robust inventory system because some of it is majorly bugged and a save system. I could care less for anything else as I make 3D assets myself I do not need a rust clone to asset flip as I am sure others feel. I recall there being a hard drive failure but even if you take that out of the equation 0.2 does not need to contain 70% of what has been outlined on the Trello.

Save and Load
    Inventory System
    Bug Fixes

Why not?...

13. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Because they are kidding us to collect funds to finish their own project at the expense of all of us, some of us realize that others remain in the deception after excuses and more excuses. I have been waiting for some time because I do not see anything serious about the developers because they do not comply with the word they give. After a year I do not know how many times I've listened for next month and it never comes and this month I do not think it's something different.

14. LittleMike

LittleMike

Totally out of line. Reported this post. And I will continue to report any other posts that aren't constructive. Most people in this thread are to help others with this asset, and that's good. Anyone else that has a complaint or a support issue, take it up with the Unity staff and stop clogging up this thread. I don't care how long you've waited for. We all have. But the updates you are waiting for are a bonus, not required. If you can't get that through your head, request a refund and get out. Can we get back to helping each other now?

15. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

Sorry, but that post was NOT out of line. We have heard since March that version 0.2 was 'coming out next month' and have been promised changes over and over. There really isn't anything factually incorrect about the post above, just a bit of conjecture about the reasoning:
    Otherwise it is all pretty correct. Even the author agrees that it could have been done better. Please don't go all fanboy on us here and realize that a year is a LOOOOOONG time to wait for an asset to release an update, lol.

16. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Perhaps, some of these simple words may not interest you, but for those who do not have the asset, they may think twice before buying it. that is why it is important to publish these things in the forum because it is also informative.

17. zenGarden

zenGarden

The most effective would have been @Winterbyte312 stating it clearly in this thread first page and Asset store page many months ago.
    Having users repeating they are waiting for the update from a year everywhere in the thread is boring and useless.

Anyway the next version is very close to be available, so this sort of post is even more useless :rolleyes:

18. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

The 'next version' has been 'very close' for a year now, lol. What these posts do highlight is that there are lots of people wanting this asset and that have stuck with the forum for a year now. It shows that there is interest on the consumer's part. It also shows a (roughly) once a week promise from the dev that something is 'coming soon'. The only partial competitor to this product has deprecated their asset, so for some this is the last hope for a functional survival template.

19. zenGarden

zenGarden

Indeed as many interesting plugins.

A common beginner seller mistakes, i don't think he will ever "promise" something again lol

It's right to highlight some "promised features" not showing and long unexpected delay when you paid for something whatever is the price.
    It has been said already hundred times on this thread, posting again and again won't change anything (even if it makes users somewhat less frustrated stating it again).

As the new version is so close in next weeks, this is becoming a bit ridiculous.

CaptainMurphy likes this.
  20. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

I really hope that lesson is learned. It is very hard to meet deadlines when doing this as a hobby (as I well know) and promising anything is very dicey. If you meet the deadline you only meet expectation, if you miss the deadline it always ends in disappointment.
    I absolutely agree, to a point. The constant barrage of criticism is hard to swallow sometimes. On the other hand, it does give users that are researching the product a better glimpse of the current state of the product at the time. The only caveat is that the assumption that an update is 'close' is a bit moot, since every update has been 'close' in the past 8 months. I bought the product at the near release because I had a project in the long term pipeline that looked like the asset might meet the goals of. Unfortunately, it is getting to the point that I cannot remotely expect it to be ready by the prototype deadline, that is still months away, just judging by the past performance.

I want nothing more than this asset to shave hundreds of hours off of my work, but I just can't realistically expect that at this time. At the current state it also needs another few hundreds of hours to make it flexible enough to be usable in the scenarios we plan to employ it in, so for the time being we will just keep working on our prototype using other products, in the hope that one day the mythical '0.2' will come along and solve most of our problems!

;)

21. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

If the people who seem to live here only to bitch about things worked as hard as they complained they would be done in a week...

LittleMike and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  22. Hlo_man

Hlo_man

hi i was just wondering when r you going to send the beta test version ?

23. ReZult_Studios

ReZult_Studios

I actually completely agree with this.

He has said that the update will be out soon for a year now..

My statement is, It takes a year or 2 to make a full-on video game not an asset update. It has been delayed more times than I can even count. @Winterbyte312 I do appreciate you very much, But its time to draw the line. Its been a year, That is at least 4 months too many. I just really hope you get your asset together and send out the beta copies. The only reason I even care about 0.2 is swimming and saving. I cant code that stuff into another person code I don't know how.
    I have had to pause development on 2 of my games because you are completely redoing the systems. I had half of my game complete when I found out you were redoing the systems. I'm not complaining I am better for the experience but Winterbyte You need to get your asset together I'm 90% sure none of us care about the damn demo scene crap, or that it looks weird when you jump on a rock...

24. Candac59

Candac59

Hello everyone,

I understand the excitement of everyone when the release of Ultimate Survival that we have been waiting for a long time. I do not want to say anything bad about this asset, but the US development team suffers from a big lack of communication. No real-time updates (and even very much updating). No more signs of life since before Christmas and it becomes very difficult to explain after my follower the delay of development of my project. I can not imagine the consequences for some of us.

I sincerely hope to be wrong but it gives the impression that you encounter X problem to get out this famous update 0.2. Not to communicate is a serious mistake, it will only make you angry with your customers.

And just to bounce on what someone says, the 0.2 update is not just optional since in my case I buy this asset only for the update 0.2 which has been promised for over a year . Without this announcement I might not be buying Ultimate Survival.

Hope to hear from you soon @Winterbyte312

25. KaVz

KaVz

I'm 99% sure that 0.2 beta won't be given to us this year.

Mark my words.
    I hope I'm wrong ffs

26. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

I and many people are not worried about output 0.2, otherwise we have been waiting a year for a sample of the alleged project 0.2 in which the only answer is that at the moment there are too many failures to send the files. we do not want a sample of a finished project to verify the authenticity of the project. the words are carried by the wind and we want a sample of the project just like this one to make sure that they are not just words.

Brandon_Powell likes this.
  27. Indie-developer

Indie-developer

If they are making there own title it wont do very well because its documented on here that its an asset pack. I still feel its wrong to promise (literally every month) that 0.2 is "coming soon" get it finished with the save and load system and fix a few bugs and lets just have it already I don't care for swimming or dancing or being able to shoot barrels.

Its an asset that in the main provides a robust template to then build upon, no where in the description did it say "includes all the art your game will ever need" The whole point is that it gives us a solid coding foundation to build on. 0.2 shouldnt include any art assets just bug fixes and the new inventory system along with save and load...

I also find it interesting how the tasks on Trello seem to get more and more every day 94/140? this thing will never be released.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  28. Artem_PL123

Artem_PL123

29. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi guys, I've been away for a few days, I wanted to take a break and fill up my batteries :)
    We'll be able to upload something in a few days. I would've liked to address each concern posted above but I will focus my energy on getting this initial upload out of the way, as fast as possible.

30. nielshenriksen

nielshenriksen

How dare you do that :D Just work for us... thats why we pay so much for US :D

Take the time you need.... and happy holidays

31. Indie-developer

Indie-developer

It would great if you could upload what you have so far just so we can carry on with our projects, perhaps email us the package or something?

32. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

That's what we're trying to do, but we need a small amount of time to fix a few broken things, which we want to include in this upload.

33. bigd53618

bigd53618

just give us w.e you have

34. bigd53618

bigd53618

we can help fix it as a taem

35. Indie-developer

Indie-developer

I see, well what are those broken things? Are they game breaking or integral to the entire package? It would be nice to see 0.2 (or at least something close) released before new years.

Brandon_Powell and Candac59 like this.
  36. monkyfizt

monkyfizt

I have to agree. We could find even more bugs and fix them. And i could probably fix most by myself and send you the things I fixed so you can add it to the asset. And I'm sure that a few others could do so as well.

Greetings

37. Indie-developer

Indie-developer

I mean the thing is, we have been waiting almost a year now any longer for 0.2's basic features and we may as well call it quits pack up shop and move on. I can remember when 0.2 was literally just these things on the trello:

Save and Load System
    Improved Inventory System
    Hotbar
    Swimming
    Bug Fixes etc

now its got 145 things and most are not needed for 0.2 just split it into 0.3 worry about adding fancy bits later.

38. johny256

johny256

0,2-2018

39. Indie-developer

Indie-developer

*20never

SpinTheDaddy and Brandon_Powell like this.
  40. Artem_PL123

Artem_PL123

They made complete game system for You, give them some rest, or do everything yourselves if You're not patient enough.

41. Candac59

Candac59

when you buy something is to then do it yourself?

Brandon_Powell likes this.
  42. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

I agree as well. If you give us what you have now and a list of bugs (that I'm guessing you already have made) then things would probably move along a bit quicker. You don't just have regular ol' testers. You have people who can find bugs and fix them - for free.

43. sean-bradbury

sean-bradbury

It is a 'kit' after all, so yeah, I would I expect some DIY/customization to make a game that is yours.

This is a framework first and foremost and if people exercised their fingers for coding instead of complaining they may learn something in the process.

I have managed to get ES2 mostly working with VL and US it's not perfect but does what I needed it do to carry on with other features. Will I need to throw it away when 0.2 comes out? Maybe, maybe not. I don't expect US to save the VL data, if it does, great. If not, I will use that portion in conjunction with whatever save system 0.2 brings.

Cheers,
    Sean.

Artem_PL123 likes this.
  44. Candac59

Candac59

it's also what I do with other assets. When I say that, I'm only talking about the content of the product you buy. Making even a product buy and work on the product you buy are two totally different things. Let's be clear, those who buy US are done for one reason or the other: to save time or because we do not necessarily have all the skills required (I think notament to the only independent on which many of people spit for no good reason). In short, we had news for the 0.2 and that's all I wanted.

45. LittleMike

LittleMike

Accusing the developer of taking our money and running is not factual.

And how many times does it have to be said that you are NOT owed updates? Winterbyte has been very good with continuing the product. Yes, the delays have been severe, but what you all fail to understand are the following two things:

1 - You are not owed updates. The Unity Asset Store TOS says that you buy an asset as-is. Period. End of story. In other words, it doesn't matter if the developer says they will update it. That's on their own timeline out of the kindness of their own heart. You did not pay for an update as per the terms of service. Period. End of story.

2 - This thread is for support of the existing asset. If you have ANY complaints about slow updates, that's what the review section is for, NOT this thread. If you come here constantly posting about timelines and when the next update is coming, you are in the wrong place. The proper channel is the support email and if that fails, then Unity support.

It's not a matter of fanboying. It's a matter of cleaning up the absolute hot mess this thread is due to people posting things here that have no business being here. You are all acting like entitled children screaming "Are we there yet?" If you want to do that, PM Winterbyte instead.

Fenixake, Old_Wolf and Artem_PL123 like this.
  46. LittleMike

LittleMike

No, that's exactly why you post it in the review section, not the support thread. That's what you fail to understand. A moderator has already come into this thread stating that if you have a problem, to contact them, not post here.

Artem_PL123 likes this.
  47. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I have been working on everything for my project that doesn't directly tie-in. I have a feeling this is a case with some of the other users here. Also, I think that regular updates to the Trello (WB has said there are lots of things that are done that he simply hasn't checked off the list) would go a long way to boost people's confidence.

P.S. - Anyone else going down the open-world route? Do you prefer SECTR or World Streamer? If so, why?

48. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

You're right. I had completely forgotten about that. My bad, y'all.

LittleMike and Artem_PL123 like this.
  49. LittleMike

LittleMike

Thank you. That's all I ask is that people post in the right place. I understand the complaints. We were all promised updates and have yet to receive them. But a) that's what the review section is for, and b) even though we were promised updates, we don't technically deserve them. When you buy an asset, you buy it as-is. If you buy an asset based on promises of what will come later, then you are actually going against the Unity terms of service. Those are the rules. You may not like them, but again, you can take it up with Unity support for things like that. Why don't people get that?

I appreciate your understanding. I wish the rest of the people complaining about updates would do the same. Never mind the fact that "yelling" at Winterbyte isn't going to get updates out any faster. If I were him, I would release whatever he has and close up shop. The heck with dealing with people like this. Lol

50. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

I still think crowd-sourcing the development (or at least bug-fixing) is a great idea though. Why turn down free labor? lol

monkyfizt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
unityunity