Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Rpg Engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dude4004, Sep 14, 2015.

?

What would you like in the next patch?

Poll closed Sep 12, 2017.
  1. Battle System (Final Fantasy)

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Quest, Quest Helper, Items, Inventory, Shops

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Real GUI (Volume, Player Config, Save/Load, Player Slots)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MichaelMaos

MichaelMaos

I just purchased this and look forward to creating my first RPG. Thanks for your work!
    Wondering if you're still working on updates for this and if so what sort of additions remain on your to-do list?

Thanks again!

2. MichaelMaos

MichaelMaos

Wondering if we should limit our Unity version to the last update version of 2017.1.0 ?

Using 2018.2.Of2 :
    Note: Unity did ask to update API's after importing the package
    - I'll try again tonight without the updates and let you know if that resolves the issues..

(Character becomes stuck when coming into contact with any object or wall - "MainDemo")*
    (Character warps through underside of bridge and becomes stuck - "MainGame")

*A game object can only be in one layer. The layer needs to be in the range [0...31]
    UnityEngine.GameObject:set_layer(Int32)
    TDP_OutlineManager:OnPreCull() (at Assets/2d_TDP/Script/TDP_OutlineManager.cs:136)

I'll test previous Unity builds and let you know if the issue(s) exist in those earlier versions.

Thanks for any response!

---- Edit 8/9 -----
    So I launched the asset package in Unity 2017 (5.6.3 - same as VRChat's SDK requirements)

Both of the issues I encountered in the 2018 version mentioned above are also happening in this version.. I'm wondering if I need to delete the asset and redownload / import after possibly causing this issue with Unity's API updates in version 2018?? .. Will edit this further after attempting this.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  3. dude4004

dude4004

Hello there,

Thanks for buying this package :)
    *A game object can only be in one layer. The layer needs to be in the range [0...31]
    You need to create a layer named "Outline" and this will work.

Yeah sometime the character get stuck with wall object, I will try to find a way to resolve this trouble soon.

4. BigBoiii_Jones

BigBoiii_Jones

Is it possible to use this in a complete 2D project? I'm making a more side scroller turn based RPG more like South Park Stick of Truth/Fractured Butwhole, Grand Kingdom, Persona 2, etc... So it is it possible to do that with this engine? I don't really want to do the whole top down RPG thing like a RPG maker game.

5. dude4004

dude4004

Hmm.... I guess it can be done.
    I mean theses are tiles, so you walk and have walls just like any top down game, but the tiles are completely different.

6. blueFire

blueFire

Has this been tested on consoles and mobile devices?

7. dude4004

dude4004

Not mobile ready for now.

It will in a later version.

8. blueFire

blueFire

Do the graphics shown in the pictures of the product come with the product? If so, can they be used commercially? If they do not come with the product where did you get them at?

9. dude4004

dude4004

Yes, all arts in the demo is provided with this very package.

I've paid an artist to do it for me, so they mine so don't worry about copyright..
    I sell them for commercial use yes.

10. blueFire

blueFire

Has it been tested on consoles?

11. dude4004

dude4004

No sorry blueFire. Hasn't been tested on console yet.

12. fox1064

fox1064

hello, I just bought this today and was trying it out and noticed the gui is to big. I can't add the ground because the right side buttons are not there. I also could not accept or decline missions on the demo because the buttons were cut off. When exiting battle the transition screen does not go away. And finally player gets stuck on everything.

13. dude4004

dude4004

Hello,

Thanks for buying this package :)

What version did you use?
    Windows or Mac?

Best regards,

14. Tomleeyo228

Tomleeyo228

Hi,

I'm considering purchasing this however I'm not sure if it will assist in what I am building. I am building a mobile 3D RPG but have my own art and character movement scripts. I am looking to speed up development by purchasing the inventory, quest, and battle side of things.

1. Is this working on mobile yet?

2. Can I use specific aspects of your engine for what I need (Inventory, quest, battle system etc.) or do I have to make the full game in your engine?

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks in advance

15. dude4004

dude4004

Hello,

No there is no support currently for mobile and 3D.

If you are good at programming, you can check some parts of the game and change it for your needs.

Best regards,

16. Cleve-Blakemore

Cleve-Blakemore

Got a ton of these errors in the Console window right after importing into a clean project in Unity 2018.3.3f1 in both the CharacterEditor.cs file and the GridEditor.cs files ...

Assets/2d_TDP/Editor/CharacterEditor.cs(210,135): error CS1056: Unexpected character '

It looks like something simple but I don't know exactly what character is being complained about here.

UPDATE : I went through and edited the bad characters out of the line endings by hand, got it to compile. Unfortunately, just as when I tried this kit about a year ago, the characters move terribly slowly, with a lot of flicker - and frequently get stuck in tiles. In the demo I got stuck in a wall or a stairway about the first 20 times I tried it. The scrolling is awfully slow and the character animation flickers constantly. This kit is as unusable as when I tried it a year ago.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  17. Delv4dor

Delv4dor

Hi , how hard to use my own resurces like tilesets tilemaps, characters and monsters? Thanks. Thinkin to buy this asset.

18. blueFire

blueFire

What is the current status of this product? It has been awhile since it has been updated in the Asset Store. Is the next update far down the road and what will be included in it?

19. JohnnyBrovo

JohnnyBrovo

Hello question. How do i go about changing the Main Character. I would like to use my own character model. I don't see in any of the documentation one how to set it up. I see the NPC but i would like to do new main.
    Thanks

20. KrisCode

KrisCode

This kit is not compatible with unity 2019pro.... please make this known on the store page, update the package, or remove it from the asset store so people don't waste money on it!
    Thanks

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  21. Deleted User

Deleted User

This asset is realy great but it realy needs some big updates.

1. Stuck on an object has to be fixed as soon as possible since this is the biggest problem and game breaking/dev breaking.

2. The Walking has to be improving a little. If u move in 8 way, the characters speed is too much and bcause of that harder to controll.

If this 2 Bugs get fixed, than this Asset is one of the best solution i ever saw

P.S.: I bought this Asset to stop using the RPG Maker and to use an Engine that is not the Limited to i realy hope those 2 Bugs get fixed soon :)

22. blueFire

blueFire

How about posting some kind of update on this forum on the status of this product. Feb 22 was the last time the developer posted on this forum and it is starting to look like development on this product has stopped.