Search Unity

1. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Participate with students all over the world and build projects to teach people. Join now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Ultimate Rpg Engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dude4004, Sep 14, 2015.

?

What would you like in the next patch?

Poll closed Sep 12, 2017.
  1. Battle System (Final Fantasy)

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Quest, Quest Helper, Items, Inventory, Shops

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Real GUI (Volume, Player Config, Save/Load, Player Slots)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ophiouro

Ophiouro

I just purchased this and look forward to creating my first RPG. Thanks for your work!
    Wondering if you're still working on updates for this and if so what sort of additions remain on your to-do list?

Thanks again!

2. Ophiouro

Ophiouro

Wondering if we should limit our Unity version to the last update version of 2017.1.0 ?

Using 2018.2.Of2 :
    Note: Unity did ask to update API's after importing the package
    - I'll try again tonight without the updates and let you know if that resolves the issues..

(Character becomes stuck when coming into contact with any object or wall - "MainDemo")*
    (Character warps through underside of bridge and becomes stuck - "MainGame")

*A game object can only be in one layer. The layer needs to be in the range [0...31]
    UnityEngine.GameObject:set_layer(Int32)
    TDP_OutlineManager:OnPreCull() (at Assets/2d_TDP/Script/TDP_OutlineManager.cs:136)

I'll test previous Unity builds and let you know if the issue(s) exist in those earlier versions.

Thanks for any response!

---- Edit 8/9 -----
    So I launched the asset package in Unity 2017 (5.6.3 - same as VRChat's SDK requirements)

Both of the issues I encountered in the 2018 version mentioned above are also happening in this version.. I'm wondering if I need to delete the asset and redownload / import after possibly causing this issue with Unity's API updates in version 2018?? .. Will edit this further after attempting this.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  3. dude4004

dude4004

Hello there,

Thanks for buying this package :)
    *A game object can only be in one layer. The layer needs to be in the range [0...31]
    You need to create a layer named "Outline" and this will work.

Yeah sometime the character get stuck with wall object, I will try to find a way to resolve this trouble soon.

4. EHEBrandon

EHEBrandon

Is it possible to use this in a complete 2D project? I'm making a more side scroller turn based RPG more like South Park Stick of Truth/Fractured Butwhole, Grand Kingdom, Persona 2, etc... So it is it possible to do that with this engine? I don't really want to do the whole top down RPG thing like a RPG maker game.

5. dude4004

dude4004

Hmm.... I guess it can be done.
    I mean theses are tiles, so you walk and have walls just like any top down game, but the tiles are completely different.

6. blueFire

blueFire

Has this been tested on consoles and mobile devices?

7. dude4004

dude4004

Not mobile ready for now.

It will in a later version.

8. blueFire

blueFire

Do the graphics shown in the pictures of the product come with the product? If so, can they be used commercially? If they do not come with the product where did you get them at?

9. dude4004

dude4004

Yes, all arts in the demo is provided with this very package.

I've paid an artist to do it for me, so they mine so don't worry about copyright..
    I sell them for commercial use yes.

10. blueFire

blueFire

Has it been tested on consoles?

11. dude4004

dude4004

No sorry blueFire. Hasn't been tested on console yet.