Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We are updating our Terms of Service for all Unity subscription plans, effective October 13, 2022, to create a more streamlined, user-friendly set of terms. Please review them here: unity.com/legal/terms-of-service.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join us on Thursday, September 29, for a day with Unity's SRP teams here on the forum or on Reddit, and discuss topics around URP, HDRP, and the Scriptable Render Pipeline in general.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Ultimate Replay 2.0 - Next generation state-based replay system

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by scottyboy805, Sep 8, 2020.

1. scottyboy805

scottyboy805

Received thanks. I will check that out as soon as I have chance.

nakaryumurasei likes this.
  2. nakaryumurasei

nakaryumurasei

Hi.

The sample project we sent you previously may be corrupted, so we are sending it to you again just in case.
    Sorry, please confirm.

scottyboy805 likes this.
  3. scottyboy805

scottyboy805

Thanks, Sent you an email with some initial findings.

nakaryumurasei likes this.
  4. nakaryumurasei

nakaryumurasei

I just sent you a reply.
    I am sorry, but there was a mistake in the reproduction procedure, may I ask you to check again?

scottyboy805 likes this.
  5. scottyboy805

scottyboy805

Sure, sent you another email

6. ColinBroderick

ColinBroderick

Do you have any proper code documentation? Proper API reference? The manual is great but appears incomplete and surrounds everything with fluff with makes it difficult to find what I need.

In particular, at the moment, I want to know if there is a method to check whether the seek bar is currently being dragged, so that my own UI controls can ignore the input.

7. scottyboy805

scottyboy805

Hi, We include a .chm scripting reference which documents main parts of the api if that will be useful to you. You can find it included with the asset at 'Assets/Ultmate Replay 2.0/ScriptingReference.chm'. Unfortunately that is all we have for api documentation at the moment other than xml comments in the code itself (Your IDE should display those if you are using the full version of Ultimate Replay).

Other than that I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

For your seek bar question: I assume you are referring to the seek bar included with the default ReplayControls script? If so, that value is driven by the normalized playback time of the replay. You can use `ReplayManager.GetPlaybackTimeNormalized(...)` to fetch that value but you will need to handle the change checks yourself. Other than that you can modify the source code for the ReplayControls script where it draws the GUI Slider so that you can check via the UI feedback whether the user has dragged the slider.

Hope that helps.

8. julianr

julianr

Hi, just a quick question regarding audio. On the demo, I noticed that playing it back in reverse on the timeline, it played the audio forwards (normal), shouldn't it make the audio also play back in reverse? To be more specific... the word "hello" spoken normally on record, and on playback in reverse it would sound like "olleh", or an explosion on normal would be loud at first with a tail off, where as in reverse the tail off first then the large explosion sound. It should be a fairly easy fix to play audio in reverse, if playback is in reverse. I just don't know where to find it.

Also can you go larger than 65565 objects being tracked? Apart from the Audio issue.. it's pretty solid so far. I'm just about to integrate it into a save/load menu system for replay so if you can fix the audio issue, as it may take me longer to fix than you finding and fixing the issue. I'll then be able to showcase what I've created. Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  9. scottyboy805

scottyboy805

Hi,
    Thanks for reporting. I wasn't aware of the reverse audio issue, although I thought it was currently setup to not support reverse audio, but I could be wrong on that. We have had some issues previously getting audio to record and replay in an acceptable way, but I will look into that to see if it can be solved.

There are provisions in place to support more than 65565 objects such as 32-bit replay identities, however it is not a limit that we can even come close too as you will start seeing performance dropping off after 1000 objects/components or so on some lower end devices due to the amount of serialization that will be required, and even more powerful hardware will struggle to get more than a few thousand objects for the same serialization reasons. For that reason it make sense to store related data as 16-bit to reduce storage requirements, as it can add up dramatically over a few minutes of replay. Hope that helps.

julianr likes this.
  10. julianr

julianr

Thanks for your reply, appreciate the quick response! Under normal circumstances it probably wouldn't be an issue if you are playing a recorded session forwards. When you rewind time it will become an issue. In my game I have repair bots, so rewinding time and playing back audio in reverse would make this functionality more realistic. If it can just play audio back in reverse when the playback is in reverse that would be awesome! It would also be the same length and at the same point of time I believe, so I doubt an offset would be needed.

Thanks on the objects info, most helpful.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022 at 2:35 AM
  11. scottyboy805

scottyboy805

Hi again,
    I made some changes to the ReplayAudio component so that it can support playing sounds in reverse. Seems to be working well on my end so I have sent you a patch update via discord for you to try out, and it will also be included as part of the next udpate.

Let me know if you have any issues or if there is anything else.

julianr likes this.
  12. julianr

julianr

Thanks Scott. Appreciate the quick turn around on this patch - great support!

unityunity