Search Unity

[Released] Ultimate Mobile

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, Aug 14, 2014.

1. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Please, could you create a brand new project, import the Ultimate Mobile there and build it for a test?
    I think, you have some issues with the Facebook SDK in your project. I don't think, that something is wrong with Ultimate Mobile, but more likely with the Facebook SDK itself.
    One more reason - check that you have the latest Android SDK installed on your computer and you are able to build for Android platform.

2. Polysquat_Studios

Polysquat_Studios

Hi,
    I am having some trouble with camera module part for ios. I loaded the example scene into an ios build and when I went to retrieve the picture in the gallery i received the error:
    <Error>: CGImageCreateWithImageProvider: invalid image size: 150 x 150. For each thumbnail I viewed in the gallery as I scrolled up I would receive this error. Everything else seams to work fine for the example scene, but this error keeps showing up in the debug console in xcode.

3. VictorKrasovsky

VictorKrasovsky

Hello!

What iOS version and device do you use?

Please try to set "Loaded Image Format" to PNG at ultimate mobile settings.

Attached Files:

4. nekenmiquido

nekenmiquido

Hi!

I have problem with push notification icon. I selected smal and large icon in Android options, but when application received push notification the icon is blank square. I made icon with google standards.

5. Polysquat_Studios

Polysquat_Studios

I did set the Loaded Image Format to PNG. It still has that error show up. I am using deployment target 7.0 and using an iPod Touch.

6. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Please, could you provide more detailed information according to this case?
    What icon do you use (I mean, icon parameters such as resolution, format etc.)?

Please, try to user different image resources for push notifications customization.
    Just select different resources, build and check the result.

7. BadGrandad

BadGrandad

This is not how I fixed the issue which started happening after I enabled GoogleMobileAd engine for iOS. What I did was to uncomment the first line in GoogleMobileAdPostProcess which I assume had been changed somehow(not by me).

#defineCODE_DISABLED

uncommenting this made Unity not compile the code that was causing the issue, checked in iOS and ads were being served so it definitely works(for me)! Hope it helps somebody else.

8. nekenmiquido

nekenmiquido

Hi AlexRay,

I attached two icon I've used for smal and large push icon references. Also there are screenshots what was a look on device.

Attached Files:

9. AlexRay

AlexRay

You are TOTALLY wrong! That's not a solution for this case.
    Now you have disabled all the GoogleMobileAdPostProcess code.
    So, all the build process for iOS platform will be broken.

Please, rollback all your changes and follow the instructions I mentioned earlier.

10. AlexRay

AlexRay

Most likely, the format of image resources is incorrect.
    Please, try to select other images for this purpose. E.g. you can choose some icons from Assets\Plugins\StansAssets\Modules\AndroidNative\xExample\PreviewUI\Art\Textures folder.
    The most appropriate choice is androidIcon.png for a small icon and AndroidNative_icon.png for the large icon.

Please, test it on your own and check the result.

11. nekenmiquido

nekenmiquido

Hi,

The same result. And i think Your assets have wrong resolutions.
    https://developer.android.com/guide/practices/ui_guidelines/icon_design_status_bar.html

12. AlexRay

AlexRay

Plugin implementation does not depend on icon resolutions.
    So, most likely this issue is related to your device.

What device do you use for a test? What Android version?
    And one more important question - did you test push notifications custom resources features on other devices?
    Please, try to test on different devices (different model/manufacturer) and check the result.

13. BadGrandad

BadGrandad

I can't see how I'm TOTALLY wrong given it is now compiling without issue, it is running and ads are being served! I might be wrong but I'm not TOTALLY wrong. I'd like you to explain how I'm TOTALLY wrong, maybe I can learn something. In my Xcode project I don't see any of the frameworks that GoogleMobileAdPostProcess is attempting to add. No StoreKit, AdSupport, CoreTelephony nor EventKitUI.

To clarify I bought Ultimate Mobile.

Given that you know it is an issue and have a fix for it why is there not an up date to your code instead of us paying customers having to modify your code. If your code was free I'd be happy to modify it, but we shouldn't need to modify code that we bought to expect it to work.

Further I used this on a previous project a few weeks ago(Zombie Swipe - White Clown <- shameless plug) and got 56 compilation errors. I emailed your support and here is the thread...

Hi,

I opened my project today and am getting the following errors in unity for Ultimate Mobile:

There are 56 errors which include the following:

Assets/Plugins/StansAssets/Modules/AmazonNative/Amazon/Editor/AMN_PostProcess.cs(28,21): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `ISD_Settings' does not exist in the namespace `SA.IOSDeploy'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    Assets/Plugins/StansAssets/Modules/IOSNative/Editor/IOSNativePostProcess.cs(20,21): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `ISD_Settings' does not exist in the namespace `SA.IOSDeploy'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

I don’t think I’ve changed anything!

Can you help?

To which I got the following reply...

Hello,

You need to replace ISD_Settings with Settings.

------------------------------------

YOUR advice is Please, fix the error you have with changing SA.IOSDeploy.Settings have to change to ISD_Settings.

--------------------------------

Who the heck is correct, either you, your support team or me.

nekenmiquido likes this.
  14. nekenmiquido

nekenmiquido

ok do You have in roadmap support newest android? (Lolipop and above?) with depend icon resolution?
    I Download correct icon from example http://www.androiddocs.com/design/style/iconography.html (i checked all different resolutions) and i has the same result :/

Nexus 5x Android 7.0.
    The same problem is on Android 5 and 6

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  15. AlexRay

AlexRay

Of course, Android Lollipop and higher versions are supported.
    It's quite strange, that you have wrong icons displayed while setting up androidIcon.png and AndroidNative_icon.png for notifications resources. I would recommend you to contact our support team and provide all this information for further considering.
    Hope you understand, that it's quite hard to help you with all this stuff in a forum circumstances.
    So, please, one more time create the brand new project, import the plugin, setup the icons for push notifications (as I wrote earlier) and test the result.
    If the issue will take place, please, feel free to contact our support engineer.
    You will get great assistance in a short time.

16. AlexRay

AlexRay

Most likely few weeks ago you had different plugin version in your project.
    During last month we had a lot of updates, so all these ISD_Settings issues are related to this.
    We have a lot of plugins and some common shared parts should be the same.
    If they are different, some update issues take places.

The wrong step is to uncomment #defineCODE_DISABLED statement.
    So, for now, you have all the code of GoogleMobileAdPostProcess post-processing script disabled.
    I strictly recommend you to roll this script back and properly fix the error you have in Unity Editor.
    Did I answered your question?

17. VictorKrasovsky

VictorKrasovsky

If you can please try build it to another device with higher deployment target.

18. xelanoimis

xelanoimis

Hi,
    I've got the following warning on submission from Apple:

Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app includes an API for Apple's Push Notification service, but the aps-environment entitlement is missing from the app's signature [...] You may remove the API from future submissions to stop this warning. If you use a third-party framework, you may need to contact the developer for information on removing the API.

My game doesn't use Push Notifications. In Stan's Assets setup I only have enabled (for iOS): ISN Basic Features, In-app purchases, Camera and Gallery, Social sharing. As said, the push notification checkbox is NOT checked.

Ultimate Mobile Plugin v9.1 and iOS Native Plugin v9.1.0

So, any ideas?
    It's not a big deal since the app was accepted, but it may be a bug in the plugin that keeps this api in the package.

Thanks!

19. matheus_dot

matheus_dot

20. VictorKrasovsky

VictorKrasovsky

Hi!

it's just a warning.

It is absolutely harmless.

if you " just mention" Push Notification somewhere in your code..... you will get that warning.

Since you've already submitted, just leave it.

21. VictorKrasovsky

VictorKrasovsky

Hello,
    Let me explain this point from our side.

When the get image from camera API is called, the new camera activity is started.
    When the photo will ba taken, the callback will be received in the onActivityResult method.
    All the data will be received in Intent extras.
    BUT, unfortunately, there is no information about the orientation of the camera while making a photo.

Of course, our developer will work on this case.
    But I can not say exactly how much time it will take.

22. yuq229

yuq229

23. jGate99

jGate99

UltimateMobile Asset Store page says support for Amazon and macOS coming soon since ages, when its is finally gonna happen? Thanks

24. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Unfortunately, we don't have the feature with code redeeming.
    I added this feature to our feature requests list.
    As more developers will request the same feature, as higher priority it will have.
    So, probably, this feature will be added in the far updates.

25. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Here you can find the supported features for the platforms you mentioned:
    Please, check our documentation. I believe, you will find the answers to your questions.

26. jGate99

jGate99

Is this included in the UltimateMobile?
    If so, then why old image on asset store?

27. AlexRay

AlexRay

Yeap, included. The plugin image is quite old.
    It should be updated. Thank you!

jGate99 likes this.
  28. RobCurrie

RobCurrie

Hi there,
    I've recently integrated Ultimate Mobile into my Android/iOS game and really just want to use the Google Play Services Leaderboard and AdMob functionality(as I am handling iap via Unity). However, after I managed to get it building properly and submitting the APK I discovered upon launching it on a device that there are suddenly a whole bunch more permissions being requested. I assume these are due to the other modules that I am not using(such as the camera options). What is the appropriate way to remove the request for the permissions that I am not using or is there no way to do this?

I am just concerned that the players will be uncertain about my game once they see the boatload of info that it apparently wants.

Thanks

29. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    The one and the only right approach is to open Ultimate Mobile plugin settings Unity Inspector window and enable/disable all the features you are going to use. So, in your case all the camera, social, ads etc. features should be disabled in the plugin settings.
    Just make sure, that all the Google Play Services modules are enabled and there are no warning messages in the UltimateMobileSettings Unity Inspector window.

30. RobCurrie

RobCurrie

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed.

31. raydekk

raydekk

Hello,

I've got somewhat of an issue regarding ads displayed on Android. My app supports both Portrait and Landscape orientations. I'm using the SMART_BANNER type.

Case 1
    If I'm starting the app on Portrait, the ad is generated and it covers the entire top part (meaning there are no spaces left and right of it for different dpi). This is great.
    Now I'm switching to Landscape and the ad is not adjusted, it's the same size as the one generated on Portrait.

Case 2
    If I'm starting the app on Landscape, the ad is generated and it covers the entire top part and it's also slimmer that the Portrait one. This is great.
    Now I'm switching to Portrait and the ad disappears. Switching back to Landscape brings it back.

Case 3
    I know what you're going to say - why don't you generate two ads at the beginning, and just show/hide them when the DeviceOrientation fires up. Did that. I used one SMART_BANNER (for landscape) and one BANNER type (for portrait).

If I'm starting on Landscape everything is ok, I got a nice slim top banner and a normal banner when I switch to Portrait, except the portrait banner has a few spaces left and right (it's not the end of the world, though).
    But, if I'm starting on Portrait, the portrait banner has a few spaces (again, not the end of the world), and the landscape banner (the SMART one) is just like the portrait one, but without the spaces and when it switches to landscape it's basically Case 1 again, the ad is just a portrait ad on a landscape screen.

Is there a way to generate a smart banner to adjust when the device orientation changes or is there a way to specifically create a slim landscape banner? Because the slim landscape banner only appears when the app starts with the device on landscape.

Or, as a workaround, maybe calling
    UM_AdManager.Init ();
    UM_AdManager.CreateAdBanner (TextAnchor.UpperCenter, GADBannerSize.SMART_BANNER);

each time the orientation changes? Isn't that over the top?

Raydekk

32. PanicEnsues

PanicEnsues

Where does Ultimate Mobile store its settings? This page says they're under
    Assets/Extensions/StansAssetsConfig/Resources, but that folder doesn't exist for me.

Specifically, I'm looking for the IAP "Products" info that I've added to UM.

EDIT: Never mind, found them at Assets\Plugins\StansAssets\Support\Settings\Resources.

Thanks,

-Scott

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  33. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Probably I have the solution for you. I have just make the Android build of Ultimate Mobile in Auto Rotation mode.
    The situation is following:
    • I started the application in Landscape orientation and create the smart banner. The banner looks correct - it fills up full device width with no spaces on sides.
    • Changed device orientation to Portrait mode. Previously created banner will look incorrect. To display the correct banner I destroyed existing banner instance and created the new one.
    • Repeat this scenario as many times as you need. Just destroy existing banner and try to create the new one.
    Please, test this scenario on your own. Hope it will be helpful for you.

34. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    The document via the link you provided will be updated in the next couple of days.
    For now, all the Stan's Assets plugins settings are stored in Assets/Plugins/StansAssets/Support/Settings/Resources folder.

35. raydekk

raydekk

Yes, destroying the banner and creating a new one (SMART_BANNER) works - each time the device changes orientation.

36. PanicEnsues

PanicEnsues

The UM iOS billing system seems to keep a local cache of purchases that doesn't update on switching users/Restoring purchases.

For example, say I have two sandbox users, creatively named "User1" and "User2", and two In-app products, "Product A" and "Product B".

1) User 1 logs into iTunes, launches the game, purchases Product A, and logs out.
    2) Now User 2 logs into iTunes, launches the game, and purchases Product B, and logs out.

From now on, when any user launches the game UM_InAppPurchaseManager.Client.IsProductPurchased(SKU) will always return true for both Product A and Product B. Doesn't seem to matter which user is logged into iTunes (even if NO user is logged into iTunes.

UM_InAppPurchaseManager.Client.RestorePurchases() doesn't seem to remove purchase states.

Am I using IsProductPurchased() incorrectly? Am I missing a step? Or is this intended behavior?

This project is in Unity 4.7.2 using UM 9.3.

Thanks!

-Scott

37. raydekk

raydekk

I have a build error when trying to build for iOS (from xcode, after Unity) - any idea why?

Libraries/Plugins/IOS/GMA_SA_Lib.m(10,9): fatal error: module 'GoogleMobileAds' not found
    @IMpoRt GoogleMobileAds;

using Unity 5.4.4p1 with UM 9.3 and latest XCode.

38. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Please, make sure, that you added the GoogleMobileAds framework into your XCode project.
    You can find the quick guide in our documentation here.

raydekk likes this.
  39. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Let me clarify this case. Local cache for iOS platform In-Apps was implemented to make the developer's life easier.
    I mean, you should not call restore purchases each time you open your app and want to track non-consumable products.
    That's the approach implemented in Ultimate Mobile plugin and local cache for non-consumables.

Let me describe another approach without local cache. So, each time you open up the application you should restore all the purchases to track all the non-consumables purchased earlier. That's not the best idea.
    In general, you have to save the purchased non-consumable product Id into local storage on the device and check this flag with the next session. By the way, if you will test the same behaviour as you described, you will get two saved flags for both users. And the products will be available for both users.
    E.g. the first user purchased the no-ads non-consumable product. With the next session, second sandbox user will be logged into your app. The purchase of the first user will exist and available as well.

With the Android platform, the situation is fully different. Every session the player inventory with purchases will be loaded. So, there is no restore purchases functionality at all. And you should not save any kind of purchased product Ids locally. But this is totally different story.

Please, search for more additional detailed information in the official Google/Apple developers documentation.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding!

40. PanicEnsues

PanicEnsues

Thanks Alex! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't using it incorrectly.

-Scott

41. gamjic

gamjic

Hello. I am using Unity 4.7.2f1 and Ultimate Mobile 9.3.
    I wonder if UM supports Google Admob Mediation.
    The guidelines you provided (https://unionassets.com/google-mobile-ads-sdk/mediation-networks-534) are too short to explain, so I do not know what to do.

I am trying to mediate ad networks such as AdColony, Applovin, Chartboost, UnityAds, and Vungle using the Google Mobile Ads plugin included in UM. I refer to Google Admob's guidelines and their own Google Mobile Ads plugin samples.

1. I put the SDK and adapters in the 'Plugins/Android/libs' path. (Adcolony.jar, applovin-admob-adapter.jar, applovin-sdk-6.4.0.jar, chartboost.jar, ChartboostAdapter.jar, dagger-2.7.jar, javax.inject-1.jar, UnityAdsAdapter.jar, VungleAdapter .aar, vungle-publisher-adaptive-id-4.0.3.jar)

2. I put the unity-ads.aar file and unity-ads folder in the 'Plugins/Android/' path.

3. I added the necessary parts for each ad network in the AndroidManifest in the 'Plugins/Android/' folder.

As a result, Admob and AppLovin worked, but the rest of the ad network didn't work.

Please answer me.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  42. joelcarlson

joelcarlson

I have no idea what the issue is, but I can not make the upgrade from 9.2 to 9.3. I keep importing, but it continues to remain at 9.2. I'm on Unity 4.7.1f1

43. AlexRay

AlexRay

Probably some kind of import issue took place. Please, try to press Reinstall button in the Ultimate Mobile Settings Inspector window. Most likely all the issues should be fixed, otherwise, please, feel free to contact our support engineer according to this case.

44. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Google AdMob Mediation is supported on AdMob side itself. I mean, there is no additional implementation needed from our side. All the responsibility relies on you to properly configure your Google AdMob Dashboard and import all the additional ad providers from Google Mediation Networks site.
    Additionally, you have to import appropriate advertising network SDK into your Unity project. E.g. you want to integrate Vungle Ads into the project, you have to import Vungle Ads Provider for AdMob and Vungle Unity SDK as well.

I can not find this step in your previous message. So, please, double check it on your own.
    If you will have any kind of issues with Ads Mediation, please, feel free to contact our support engineer and ask for as assistance. You will get great support in a short time.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding!

45. joelcarlson

joelcarlson

Thank you. That worked great.

Wouldn't ya know it, another problem crept in that I've been trying to solve all day. Purchasing fails constantly in IOS. It works great in Android, but IOS never bring up the purchase screen and the FSM state always leaves failed.

playmakerhelp3.png

46. kinself1991

kinself1991

Hello,
    I see the Ultimate Mobile is a combo package with contains following assets.
    Android Native Plugin
    IOS Native
    WP8 Native
    Google Mobile Ads SDK
    Google Analytics SDK
    Mobile Native PopUps

Is the ultimate mobile plugin include everything of android native plugin, ios native?
    Or this plugin only contain parts of feature instead of everything?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  47. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Ultimate Mobile includes all the features of Android Native and iOS Native as well.
    The main advantage of Ultimate Mobile - it has unified API architecture.
    I mean, you write code once and it will work on both platforms (Android and iOS).
    So, the answer to your question is yes.

48. AlexRay

AlexRay

I need more additional information according to this case.
    But the best approach is to contact our support engineer and ask for an assistance.
    Please, provide all the detailed information as you can.
    All the logs, screenshots, your additional comments will be very helpful in this case.
    So, please, go ahead. You will get great assistance in a short time.

49. Moonlit-Games-Studio

Moonlit-Games-Studio

Hello,

we're facing problem with sharing via UM_ShareUtility.InstagramShare(text, texture); on iPhone (tested on multiple devices with iOS 10.2), build with Unity 5.5.0p4 and Ultimate Mobile 9.3.

Social Sharing checkbox is ticked in iOS settings, and all other methods: Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Default Share Dialog are working as expected. On Android everything works.

Sharing to Instagram finishes immediately with Error.Message "Posting Failed".

All devices have Instagram installed on them.

Does anyone have issues with Ig like we do?

50. kinself1991

kinself1991

However, I also see that warning.
    Warning: Plugin does not contain reach social API like Android Native or Mobile Social Plugin. Only native posting is available.

You mean Ultimate Mobile includes all the features of Android Native and iOS Native, but social API is one of the feature of these native plugin. Is the Ultimate Mobile also include this feature?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017