Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Ultimate Mobile

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, Aug 14, 2014.

1. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Honestly, it's low priority task. There is a very small amount of developers working on projects for Universal Windows Platform.
    So, you better search for another solution in Asset Store if you need this functionality exactly at the current time.

jGate99 likes this.
  2. PhilippeDu60

PhilippeDu60

Hello,

it's possible to add a player as a friend with Ultimate Mobile asset ?

3. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    I don't clearly understand you, but I think there are no such a features in Ultimate Mobile plugin.
    If you will have any documentation of the particular feature you described, please, provide me.
    I'll check it and probably it will be implemented and included to the plugin with future updates.

Best regards,
    Alex

4. PhilippeDu60

PhilippeDu60

I use this to edit the list of friends:

Code (CSharp):
    1. UM_GameServiceManager.ActionFriendsListLoaded += HandleActionFriendsListLoaded;
    2. UM_GameServiceManager.Instance.LoadFriends();
    4. void HandleActionFriendsListLoaded (UM_Result res) {
    5.     if(res.IsSucceeded) {
    6.         Debug.Log("user has " + UM_GameServiceManager.Instance.FriendsList.Count + " friends");
    7.     } else {
    8.         Debug.Log("Friends load failed");
    9.     }
    10. }
    but how do you add a friend ?

a function like this !

Code (CSharp):
    1. UM_GameServiceManager.Instance.AddFriend( player );

5. AlexRay

AlexRay

Unfortunately, there is no possibilities to add friends in this way.
    Currently, according to Google guidelines the user should manually add friends via Google+ circles.
    That's a pity thing, but maybe Google will change this approach in future.

6. PhilippeDu60

PhilippeDu60

thank you for your answer

I'll watch Google+ circles

7. PhilippeDu60

PhilippeDu60

Hello,

I have a weird behavior code on android:

Airplane mode activated on mobile LG4, the event OnPlayerConnected is called with UM_GameServiceManager.instance.ConnectionSate = CONNECTED !

why ?

Code (CSharp):
    1. public void Init()
    2. {
    3. UM_GameServiceManager.OnPlayerConnected += OnPlayerConnected;
    5. UM_GameServiceManager.instance.Connect();
    6. }
    8. private void OnPlayerConnected()
    9. {
    10.     // UM_GameServiceManager.instance.ConnectionSate = CONNECTED !!!!!
    12.     Debug.Log("Player Connected");
    13. }

8. mimminito

mimminito

There seems to be an issue using latest version (9.0) and Unity 5.4.1p2. When building on iOS there are duplicate source files in the project. It seems that the source files are inside the Support directory as well but not as "txt" files. After deleting these it seems to work. Anyone seeing this issue?

9. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

Hello, Any able to shed some insight into this error and how to fix it?

Would greatly appreciate it!

10. AlexRay

AlexRay

That's not a weird behavior. Google Play Services supports offline login mode.
    Please, search the official Google documentation according to this case.
    Google doesn't guarantee, that other features like leaderboards/achievements will work fine.
    But you will get a successful login to your user.

In such a case you will get network error while dealing with achievements or submitting a score to the leaderboard.
    Of course, such a features like Real-Time or Turn-Based multiplayer will be unavailable.

11. AlexRay

AlexRay

There is not an issue with the latest version of the plugin.
    Please, check plugin version notes with attention.

Most likely some minor update issue took place, but you fixed it on your own.
    Anyway, if you will have any kind of issue with the update to latest plugin version, please, contact Support Team for an assistance.

12. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    It looks like you have some duplicates of the native libraries in your project.
    My advice for you is to remove the plugin from your project and then reimport.
    Maybe, you had some minor update issue with the latest version of the plugin (please, see my previous message in this thread).

So, please, try to reimport the plugin in your project, rebuild and retest it.
    If any issue will take place, please, contact Support Team for an assistance.

13. mimminito

mimminito

If I look at your asset list here https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/20152 I can see that you have the files (without .txt appended to them) inside your Plugins/StansAssets/Support/NativeLibraries/IOS folder. When your editor scripts run, they copy the .txt files into the Plugins/iOS folder and strip off the .txt extension, but this means there are duplicate files in the project. Could you please test this on 5.4.1p2?

A solution for me is to delete all files from the Plugins/StansAssets/Support/NativeLibraries/IOS folder which do not have .txt appended to them, and all is fine.

14. Victor_Kallai

Victor_Kallai

@AlexRay - thanks for the new update and for taking into consideration my suggestion for moving the script files in the Plugin folder - this made every compilation 90% faster. This is a huge improvement to my workflow and I thank you so much. Keep up the good work!

BAIZOR and AlexRay like this.
  15. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

Running into a new problem after I removed the plugins and reimported! Any more thoughts?

16. MooMoo-Games

MooMoo-Games

Hi,

I have a question of google play service version in the latest version of Ultimate Mobile plugin.

In AndroidManifest.xml there is a setting generally,

<meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value="@Integer/google_play_services_version" />

But a value of "google_play_services_version" is commented out in res/values/version.xml.

<resources>
    <!--<integer name="google_play_services_version">6587000</integer>-->
    </resources>

Does it make something wrong in google login?

17. AlexRay

AlexRay

Glad to know, that you are happy with our plugin!
    Have a nice day!

18. AlexRay

AlexRay

I think, some kind of update issue took place.
    By the way, the Ultimate Mobile plugin was updated yesterday. Most likely all the issues have been fixed.
    So, please, update to the latest version of Ultimate Mobile in your project and you will be ready to go.

19. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    The google_play_services_version value should be commented in version.xml file. That's ok.
    This value will be bound from the play-services-basement.aar library.
    So, all the Google Play Services login functionality will be good.

20. AlexRay

AlexRay

Firstly, please, make sure that you properly installed and setup the plugin after reimport.
    Because it looks like you have some issues with main AndroidManifext.xml configuration.
    Please, double check all these settings on your own.

If any kind of issue will take place, please, feel free to contact support team for assistance.

21. mimminito

mimminito

After checking the latest update, you have indeed fixed the issue. v9.0 contained the raw iOS files instead of just the .txt files, and in v9.0.1 you have resolved this. Thank you.

22. stevenatunity

stevenatunity

I've got Ultimate Mobile 9.0.1 and installed the latest Facebook SDK. I can't build for android as it complains about the minSDKVersion needing to be 15 in the AndroidManifest.xml.

I changed all the android manifest files to minSDKVersion = '15' but still the issue persists. Should I have done something after I installed the Facebook SDK? Thanks :)

EDIT I should have added that I have API 15 in Android Player Settings :)

23. AlexRay

AlexRay

Most likely you should change android:minSdkVersion to 15 in your Assets/Plugins/Android/AndroidManifest.xml file.
    Please, check these settings in your project and try to rebuild it.

24. stevenatunity

stevenatunity

@AlexRay changed all the manifest files and still the Facebook SDK wouldn't build. I'll leave it to a later date and contact support.

On another issue, I want to remove the Contacts permission from Android. The permission is not in any of the manifest files, and pictured is the permissions I should have. Any idea why the Contacts permission is being added to the build?

Attached Files:

25. yuriythebest

yuriythebest

Hello! First of I want to say this is a great plugin! I want to ask - I am implementing admob ads and they show up, however for some reason, the Interstitial ads are test ads (which is correct), where as the banner ads show up as real ads (my device was added as a test device), does this still mean that the banner ad is a test ad, or is something wrong? Thanks in advance!

Using Android Native Plugin v7.9
    Unity3D 5.4

26. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    I think, this is minor AdMob issue related to the test Ads.
    You may contact AdMob support team and clarify this issue.
    My opinion is that's not the case to be worried about.
    All the AdMob Ads (both banners and interstitials) should work fine after release on the app.

By the way, the latest version of Android Native available in Asset Store is v9.0
    I strictly recommend you to update to the latest version of the plugin.

27. MooMoo-Games

MooMoo-Games

[Ultimate Mobile Plugin v.9.0.1/Android Native 9.0/Google Play Lib 9.2.1]

I'm in trouble to sign in Google play service with Galaxy S2 Gingerbread 2.3.3.

There is no problem at all over android 4.4.

What is minimum version of OS for your google play plugin?

I can reproduce the problem in steps below.

1. The first time app is installed.

2. I can sign in google play with a crash.

3. Launch app again then it is signed in correctly.

4. Sign out from Google Leaderboard UI then close the app.

5. Try to sign in the game again.

6. It keeps showing "choose account" UI even though I keep choosing one.

I found error logs when I try to connect to google play.

09-28 11:40:23.870 E/NativeActivity(14936): channel '40a061a0 com.*****.*****/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerNativeActivity (client)' ~ Failed to receive dispatch signal. status=-11
    09-28 11:40:31.860 D/AndroidNative(14936): GooglePlaySupportActivity::eek:nStop
    09-28 11:40:31.860 D/AndroidNative(14936): Submiting result on activity stop
    09-28 11:40:31.860 D/AndroidNative(14936): GCM::eek:nActivityResult request 9001 response 0 data null
    09-28 11:40:31.860 D/AndroidNative(14936): result: REQUEST_CODE_RESOLUTION resultCode:0 Intent data: null
    09-28 11:40:31.860 D/AndroidNative(14936): onSignInFailed with code: 13
    09-28 11:40:31.860 D/AndroidNative(14936): ************** FINAL: Google Play Connection result: 13 ************

28. PhilippeDu60

PhilippeDu60

ok. thank's

29. Emre_U

Emre_U

Hi Stan's Support,

I am Ultimate Mobile Asset(v4.9) , IOS plugin (v8.5.1) user.I have been recently rejected by Apple with following explanation

"Design - 4.5.2

Your apps uses the Apple Music API but does not display or appropriately use standard media controls such as "play", "pause", and "skip." Specifically, the app contains Apple Music API but contains no audio controls.

Next Steps

Please revise your app to implement standard media playback controls for Apple Music content."

My app is a game and actually doesn't have any music player other than audio sources that I have included for background and effects. So I am thinking that I have added this API wrongfully with UM asset.

For example I had IOS Settings > Media Player > ticked .

I am not really sure what is Apple is talking about but can it be that Media Player includes Apple Music API thinking that I am building a full fledged media player with buttons or so?

TLDR: If I disable IOS Settings > Media Player > unticked. May I claim that I am not using Apple Music API anymore?

30. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Firstly, I want to say that the new plugin version is available.
    Please, update to the Ultimate Mobile v9.0.1. iOS Native is updated as well.

According to using Apple Music API and app reject, I have following information.
    The Apple Music is enabled by default. So, if you are not going to use it, you should disable it manually.
    I ask our developer to make the Apple Music API disabled by default to avoid such a cases in future.

So, my recommendations for you are following: update to the latest plugin version in your project and disable Apple Music API. If any kind of issue will take place, please, feel free to contact support team for an assistance.

Emre_U likes this.
  31. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    The LogCat messages you provided are not the error messages.
    That's just the output of Android Native an_googleplay library.
    The exact messages you provided are not the indicators of wrong behavior or exception.
    So, the issue you are facing is not related to plugin implementation itself.

Most likely this behavior looks like a wrong implementation of Google Play Services login.
    So, please, double check all your Google Play Services login code for any kind of loop connection API call.
    Also, check our example scene with Google Play Services login. The best approach is to use the same approach for your project as well.

32. MooMoo-Games

MooMoo-Games

Have you tested on Android 2.3, the min version Unity support?

Same sign in problem with the example, PlayServiceExample.
    The sample also shows exactly the same problems as mine.

Another question about AndroidManifest.xml settings,

until last version the value below was TRUE.
    <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik" android:value="true" />

But it is now FALSE initially with the plugin.
    <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik" android:value="false" />

Nothing important?

Attached Files:

33. AlexRay

AlexRay

Our developer tested Ultimate Mobile on a different Android versions.
    I can initiate additional tests for Android 2.3 on our side.
    If any kind of issue will take place, the fixes will be provided.

For ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik value set to true the situation is following.
    By default, this value is set to false. If you use some certain features, like Google AdMob, this value will be changed to true automatically. Just be sure, that this value should be set to true if you are going to use AdMob banners.

MooMoo-Games likes this.
  34. yuriythebest

yuriythebest

Thank you for your quick reply! So even if the banner appears as a non-test banner, it should still be ok/not cause any account issues due to testing?

35. AlexRay

AlexRay

Google AdMob may have some issues with test Ads.
    So, in the case of test Ads the non-test Ads are displayed.
    You can test all the Ads implementation in your project and then disable it until the final release.

Do you have a lot of tests with Ads enabled before the application release?
    And are you worried about your account safety according to this?

36. Victor_Kallai

Victor_Kallai

Make sure that you are not clicking any non-test ad mob ads. If you do, ad mob could potentially close your account. As Alex suggested, disable them until the final release. The best way is to use a second admob testing account - and change with the correct codes before releasing.

37. dunaj

dunaj

Hello @AlexRay
    Our company is using Ultimate Mobile for last 2 versions and we are still waiting for this methods to be filled:

public void LoadRewardedVideo() {
    //TODO: Add iOS native method call here
    }
    public void ShowRewardedVideo() {
    //TODO: Add iOS native method call here
    }

Are you planning some code on them in the near future? We are having our game released in the near future and Rewarded Video Ads functionality on iOS is realy desired for us.

38. GiantGrey

GiantGrey

Hello I have bought ultimate mobile and I'm having an issue using iCloud. When I try to build in Xcode I'm getting this error: Use of undeclared identifier nullptr in ISN_Cloudkit.mm

Edit:
    That's the line where the exception occurs:
    Code (csharp):
    2. CKModifyRecordsOperation *mro = [[CKModifyRecordsOperation alloc] initWithRecordsToSave:saves recordIDsToDelete:nullptr];
    Thanks for your help.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  39. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    You better contact Stan's Assets support team and ask this question.
    Our engineer will reply to you in a short time.

40. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    The work on this feature is in progress.
    Our developers have hard workload last time, so, the implementation of this feature is quite delayed.
    Most likely, this feature will be released with the following update.
    Anyway, you may ask for the current status of this feature by contacting support team anytime you want.

41. 00christian00

00christian00

I bought this a long time ago but didn't reach the point to need it until now.
    Has this become closed source? The eclipse project is nowhere to be found now and I noticed there is no mention of the source anymore in the asset page.
    I don't think it is allowed by the asset store policy to release an asset as open source and then switch to closed source later.
    If it is the case I want a refund as the plugin is useless for me now.

42. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Our plugin source code is open. You may request all the Android Studio project by contacting the support team via e-mail. The package is not included in Unity plugin package because it increases the size a lot.

You may contact the Stan's Assets support team and ask for the latest version of Android Studio solution.
    Please, feel free to write an e-mail and ask for an assistance in any case you have.
    I am sure, you will get great assistance in a short time.

43. vivalavida

vivalavida

hi @AlexRay ,
    I'm testing out social sharing,
    In case facebook app is not installed can we get an option to share via the browser (facebook.com) on the mobile?
    I didn't get this option when using the social sharing example.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  44. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    There is no option to share to Facebook via the browser in the case when the application is not installed.
    I can explain. For Android platform all this functionality working on Intent sharing. So, the Intent will be created and sent with the data you provided for sharing. Unfortunately, there is no option available to share via browser with the same approach.

45. vivalavida

vivalavida

Thanks,
    Anyway to get around this?
    How come some applications give you a chioce to open with app or with chrome?

EDIT: okay, I guess the difference is between opening a link and sharing; if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  46. ilmario

ilmario

I skimmed through all pages of this thread and Googled a bit, but I couldnt find anything about Ultimate Mobile in projects that are (also) released onto WebGL.

Thing is, I want to build my game on Android + iOS + WebGL for starters, and WebGL has some limititations, such as not being able to use networking/threading. Problem is that for example Ultimate Mobile contains many files which use libraries which cant be used with WebGL. I cant build to WebGL if those asset files exist, even if the asset itself is not initialized, activated or integrated in any way into any scenes I'm building. Only way I can build to WebGL is to remove all (ok, maybe a subset would suffice) Ultimate Mobile-files from project.

It might build if I go through all the files and insert lots and lots of #if !UNITY_WEBGL-statements, but then I would need to refactor and endless amount of unknown code - and patch or redo it manually after each Ultimate Mobile update. Not going to happen. I can change my own scenes/custom code though with extra conditions. Ultimate Mobile itself is updated rather often and I cant/dont want to try to add an endless amount of checks in the asset's code.

So far I guess I have to temporarily "deactivate" (or something) the offending UltimateMobile scripts, but only when building to WebGL, but that would be a lot of my time wasted, and may lead to me having to stop using Ultimate Mobile (which I really like!).

Would it be possible for you guys to try and create an easy way for me and other WebGL users to have the asset in the project but allow WebGL builds to be created without extra fuss? For this to work me and other developers would naturally need extra #if !UNITY_WEBGL-statements in their own code that may use UltimateMobile on the supported platforms. Essentially I want to automatically disable/hide Ultimate Mobile when building to WebGL.

I believe this would generate you many happy users.

AlexRay likes this.
  47. AlexRay

AlexRay

That's totally different thing. I guess, you provided the example with URL opening.
    But that's not the case for social sharing features.

48. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    To be honest, WebGL platform never was the high-prioritized platform for us.
    So, yes, some additional tasks need to be done on our side to make Ultimate Mobile compatible with this platform.

Most of Ultimate Mobile features are not available for WebGL platform.
    But you have to be able to build your project for WebGL with the Ultimate Mobile plugin included.
    I think this work should be made by Stan's Assets Team.

Thank you for this report! I'll consider this case with my team.

ilmario likes this.
  49. ilmario

ilmario

I'm very glad to hear this! Thanks for considering it :)

50. vivalavida

vivalavida

hi @AlexRay ,
    After integrating ultimate mobile our builds have been crashing sometimes the first time the app is launched on android.