Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Ultimate Mobile

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, Aug 14, 2014.

1. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    This issue is fixed for now.
    Please, contact Stan's Assets via stansassets@support.com and you will be guided how to fix this issue.

Best regards,
    Alex

2. fahd

fahd

are u sure this is the correct email stansassets@support.com ??

3. ExcellencyHong

ExcellencyHong

thank you

i figure out it by recreate project.

4. ExcellencyHong

ExcellencyHong

and i have a new problem.

native sharing can not contains my text.

facebook share can contains only url part in my text,

instagram share is too.

but, twitter share is work very well.

and sometimes.. the image for sharing throw up the error like "can not read image".

both of the Ultimate Mobile, the Android Native Plugin has same problem.

Device : Samsung Galaxy S6
    Device Language : Korean.

and i'm using Korean Text. but English text is not share too.

5. AlexRay

AlexRay

6. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    That's correct behavior for some of the social apps.
    E.g. the Facebook application will ignore all the text provided via native sharing.
    That's the Facebook user policy. The only user should type in the message for share.

There is another approach to predefine the text for the Facebook post.
    The only way to do this is to use Facebook OAuth API.
    Please, check the documentation according to this approach on our site.
    The official Facebook documentation will be helpful for you in this case I think.

7. ExcellencyHong

ExcellencyHong

hi,
    i have found a trouble in IOS Gesture API of IOS Native.
    i worked with uGUI Scroll View and IOS Swipe gesture.
    and then uGUI Scroll View's Scrolling is so wierd.
    it seem to be lost touch point when a touch began..
    if i touch the screen for few second, the scroll view is dragged correctly.
    is it iOS own problem?

8. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    I don't think this issue is related to UItimate Mobile plugin.
    There are no features related to touch or even UI in Ultimate Mobile.
    Meaby you have this issue because of other plugin or maybe your own implementation.
    Anyway, I am 100% sure this case is not related to our plugin.

9. ExcellencyHong

ExcellencyHong

but, the reason i think so is when i did create the new project with just including the Ultimate Mobile, adding the uGUI Scroll View and just using the Gesture API, this issue happen too. it just a clean project without any code.

maybe, the uGUI Scroll View is incompatible with iOS Gesture as i think.

10. AlexRay

AlexRay

I have no idea why uGUI Scroll View is not working in your project.
    That's related to your implementation of this feature.

I am 100% sure, that this issue is not related to any of our plugins.
    Ultimate Mobile is a plugin with native features such as Game Services, In-App Billing, Ads, native sharing, popups.
    But not the UI or Gestures functionality.

Best regards,
    Alex

11. mimminito

mimminito

@AlexRay Would it be possible to add in video sharing to the plugin? If we could pass in a file URI to a video and it be shared through the iOS/Android share sheets?

12. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    If you mean share video URLs such as YouTube or similar, such kind of functionality exists.
    Mobile Social plugin is the solution in such a cases.

But if you mean share the video from the device gallery, that's different questions.
    And I want to say, that it's much harder to implement.
    For now, there are no such a features in our plugins.
    Most likely these features will be added in future, so, please, keep looking forward to future updates.

13. ExcellencyHong

ExcellencyHong

thank you.

i figured out it by removing swipe API. it is not important feature for me.

just, i want to inform this issue to you.

14. BooYaBob

BooYaBob

I've look around for a bit, but I have not seen anything about a Unified API for saving game data to the cloud. It looks like each native platform has it, but there is no Unified calls?? is that right?

If so, is there any plans to implement a Unified Cloud Save for iOS, GooglePlay, and Amazon?

15. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Unfortunately, there are no unified API for game saves.
    For now, you have to use platform-related APIs both for Android and iOS separately.
    All these features are included in Ultimate Mobile plugin package.

I think, this API will be added in future, so, please, keep looking forward to future updates.

16. redccoma

redccoma

hello.
    i sent email to support@stansassets.com
    please check the e-mail. ^^

ps.
    From my previous mail, it does not occur in the sandbox but actually in a released state.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  17. yaosheng22

yaosheng22

Could I call ShareMedia( ) to share animated GIF file to facebook or twitter? if don't, how to do it? thank you.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  18. AlexRay

AlexRay

No. With the following update, there will be available features for GIFs sharing.
    So, please, keep looking forward to future updates.

yaosheng22 likes this.
  19. AlexRay

AlexRay

Yes, I can see your e-mail. You will get the response of support engineer in a short time.

20. redccoma

redccoma

thank you alex!!

21. yaosheng22

yaosheng22

thx for your answer

22. redccoma

redccoma

hello.
    i have not yet received the mail. if u can check this. please feedback.
    This is important to me. ;(

23. BAIZOR

BAIZOR

Hello Ultimate Mobile team!
    I need to know, does Ultimate Mobile Google Analytics support V4 version of Google Analytics API or not?
    Thanks!

24. AlexRay

AlexRay

Yes, Google Analytics v4 supported.

25. BAIZOR

BAIZOR

26. BAIZOR

BAIZOR

27. smasters654

smasters654

@AlexRay I am having a problem with incrementing achievements on android. It works fine on iOS but on android the achievement steps seem to add up too fast.

Here is what I am doing(I am using playmaker so I don't have any code to show):

Example Achievement: defeat twenty enemies.

1. Upon receiving an event at the end of the round, I get previous number enemies killed from player prefs (which includes those killed in that previous round).
    2. Get the percentage of current kills to total kills needed to unlock the achievement
    3. Then Increment the percentage.

I believe this is how I am supposed to do it according to the documentation for Ultimate mobile. I have a statistics page in my game showing how many enemies were killed so I check it against that. Like I said it works on iOS but on android it seems to add extra steps. Is it adding exponential steps each time because of how I am doing it? If so how should I go about it? Should I get previous achievement progress and add to that instead but then the statistics page would show different stats if the player is not connected when playing.

28. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Currently, this feature doesn't exist.
    You may contact the support team and request this new feature.
    Most likely, you will get the new feature in a short time.

29. beQr86

beQr86

hi there,

We are facing the exact same issue, we are only using stan's asset ultimate plugin. We noticed also the on the plugins folder there was an ISN_media.mm file that looks unnecessary and suspicious so it might be the cause ?

30. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    If I correctly understand, you have some issues with plugin updates, right?
    You quoted the very old message from this thread about plugin update difficulties.
    These difficulties related to the changes you make in the plugin code for some specific, project-related reason on your own.

Just to clarify this case I want to say following.
    If you tweak the plugin functionality for your specific reason, you have to make a backup.
    It's hard for Stan's Assets as a publisher to make an update super-simple for developers which make changes in the plugin code. I hope, you understand it.

Please, try to clarify your question, because I am not 100% sure that I understand you correctly.

31. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    On IOS there are no such things like incremental achievements, every achievement has completions percentage from 0 to 100. But on Android platform, we can specify the exact number of the step which achievement has. And the Android Play Service UI will show the percentage depends on current steps to completed steps ratio. Since UM_GameServiceManager suppose to be the cross-platform solution, it will work the same as IOS achievements. Means you need to set completed percentage of achievements and UM_GameServiceManager will calculate required completed step quantity from android automatically. The following snippet will show the implementation of IncrementAchievement method inside UM_GameServiceManager.
    Increments an achievement by the given number of percents. The achievement must be an incremental achievement. Once an achievement reaches at least the maximum number of steps, it will be unlocked automatically. Any further increments will be ignored.
    Please, make sure, that your implementation of achievements incrementation is correct.

32. smasters654

smasters654

@AlexRay Yeah I saw your documentation but I am still a little confused. If the Playmaker action "UM_Increment Achievement" is for both iOS and android then it should work the same right? I am ultimately setting the total percentage that the achievement should be at with the increment achievement action. Is that not right? Or should I be setting steps for both ios and android instead of setting the percentage? I tried that method but then on iOS it didn't work.

33. beQr86

beQr86

Sorry I wanted to quote this one originally ! We were rejected from apple while updating our game for the same reason as state by @Monte, apple review wrote us this : We noticed that your app automatically plays Apple Music content without explicit user action.
    and since we are only using the ultimate assets from stan's asset and regarding the ISN_Media.mm file its legit that we first think about you guys.

34. AlexRay

AlexRay

That's not the Ultimate Mobile plugin limitation. That's just the iOS and Android platform differences.
    So, in the case of incremental achievements, these platforms have different implementation under the hood.
    But we have to make unified API in Ultimate Mobile framework.
    That's why such an implementation we have in Ultimate Mobile.

The IncrementAchievement will increment an achievement by the given number of percents.
    E.g. you have an achievement already incremented for 20% and you need to set it to 30%.
    You have to call IncrementAchievement action for 10%.
    Please, make it on your own and check the result.

35. AlexRay

AlexRay

I think, you have to contact support team according to this case.
    Most likely similar issues took place and you will get the instructions how to fix it.

36. redccoma

redccoma

Hello,

I'm contacting you because I have a question regarding in-app purchases.
    Is there a function to look up all the history of Purchase and Consume processeced by Google?
    We're trying to use this function when a purchase is complete and the user charged, but due to a network error the item is not provided to the user.

If there is such function, is there any way you can provide an example of code, or let us know how to verify if a purchase was actually made?

We're currently using assets from Ultimate Mobile 4.8.

Thank you in advance.
    best regards,

37. smasters654

smasters654

@AlexRay Thank you for clarifying this. I will set it up and test it. In the mean time I sent Stans support team an email regarding a leaderboard submit score crash with a crash log using ultimate mobile. This time on iOS. I sent it about five days ago and still haven't received a response. I am just hoping you guys got it or it didn't go to a spam/junk folder.

38. BAIZOR

BAIZOR

@AlexRay
    I found mistake in code of Ultimate Mobile:
    Parameter - string caption does nothing. But as you can see, it must be instead of "Share"
    Class - UM_ShareUtility
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     public static void ShareMedia(string caption, string message, Texture2D texture) {
    2.         switch(Application.platform) {
    3.         case RuntimePlatform.Android:
    4.             if(texture != null) {
    5.                 AndroidSocialGate.StartShareIntent("Share", message, texture);
    6.             } else {
    7.                 AndroidSocialGate.StartShareIntent("Share", message);
    8.             }
    10.             break;
    11.         case RuntimePlatform.IPhonePlayer:
    12.             IOSSocialManager.instance.ShareMedia(message, texture);
    13.             break;
    14.         case RuntimePlatform.WP8Player:
    15.             break;
    16.         }
    17.     }
    I will fix it local in my project, but when you will update UM plugin it will reverse back.
    Hope for next update you will fix it. Thanks!

Best regards

39. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    I'll check your report on my own and the fix will be provided if needed.
    Anyway, I want to remind you that the message you share with the Facebook application will be ignored.
    That's the Facebook policy, not the plugin limitation itself.
    So, please, keep that in mind while testing sharing feature.

40. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    I can provide you the link to our In-App Purchases with Ultimate Mobile documentation.
    Please, check it on your own. I think, you will find the answers to your questions.
    If you will need any kind of additional more detailed information, please, feel free Stan's Assets Support Team.

41. AlexRay

AlexRay

Please, keep patience. You will get the reply of our support engineer soon.

42. smasters654

smasters654

Ok so I setup the achievements the way you described but now it's opposite. It now works on android but the iOS achievements progress does not progress properly. Something is wrong the either the playmaker action (doubt it) or the way Ultimate mobile calculates achievements for each platform. Please take a look at the Ultimate mobile achievement calculations and let me know. One works when the other doesn't (GameCenter, Google Play Services).

Edit:

I have been looking at the UM_GameServicesManager script and the UM_IncrementAchievement playmaker action that I recently received from the support team. I am starting to wonder if some of the new playmaker actions weren't updated and/or are outdated when I got them from the support team last week. I requested the updated actions because the ones in the package weren't compiling.

Currently the playmaker action UM_IncrementAchievemnt is calling:

Code (CSharp):
    1. UM_GameServiceManager.instance.IncrementAchievement (achivmentId.Value, progress.Value);
    Should it be calling the increment method here instead from the UM_GameServicesManager?

Code (CSharp):
    1. public void IncrementAchievementByCurrentSteps(UM_Achievement achievement, int steps)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  43. AlexRay

AlexRay

The second API is much more conveniente and is preferrable to be used.
    But, I think, there is no such Playmaker action with this API call.
    You may request this new Playmaker action by contacting support engineer.

If you are familiar with the C# programming, you may test this API for Android and iOS platform, the result should be the same. Please, go for it.

44. Knskan3

Knskan3

Hi guys,

I'm working in a game and using your Ultimate Mobile unified API, it works fine in Iphone 6 but when it comes to and old Android device (HTC sensation) Android 4.0.3 the native sharing is not working. I also installed you example scene and I get the same issue, its just not appearing.

Any ideas?

45. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Please, could you provide me more additional detailed information according to this case?
    What Unity version do you use for your project? What plugin version?

Also, the good approach is to provide me LogCat logs from your Android device.
    Great guide how to capture LogCat logs you can find here.

46. smasters654

smasters654

It's a good thing I had some knowledge of C# because I was able to make two playmaker actions for that API. It works correctly now. Those previous playmaker actions you guys provided for the achievements are not accessing the correct methods for the "cross platform" to work correctly. Everything is good to go now though.

47. redccoma

redccoma

hello
    i found UM(v4.8) iOS 10 issue.

please check the below.

IOSNotificationController.cs

#if UNITY_IPHONE

#if UNITY_3_5 || UNITY_4_0 || UNITY_4_0_1 || UNITY_4_1 || UNITY_4_2 || UNITY_4_3 || UNITY_4_5 || UNITY_4_6 || UNITY_4_7
    public void RegisterForRemoteNotifications(RemoteNotificationType notificationTypes) {
    #else
    public void RegisterForRemoteNotifications(NotificationType notificationTypes) {;
    #endif

#if (UNITY_IPHONE && !UNITY_EDITOR && PUSH_ENABLED) || SA_DEBUG_MODE

string sysInfo = SystemInfo.operatingSystem;
    sysInfo = sysInfo.Replace("iPhone OS ", "");
    string[] chunks = sysInfo.Split('.');

#if IOS_10
    // chunks[0] -> "iOS 10"
    int majorVersion = ISN_Device.CurrentDevice.MajorSystemVersion;
    #else
    int majorVersion = int.Parse(chunks[0]);
    #endif

if (majorVersion >= 8) {
    _ISN_RegisterForRemoteNotifications((int) notificationTypes);
    }

#if UNITY_3_5 || UNITY_4_0 || UNITY_4_0_1 || UNITY_4_1 || UNITY_4_2 || UNITY_4_3 || UNITY_4_5 || UNITY_4_6 || UNITY_4_7
    NotificationServices.RegisterForRemoteNotificationTypes(notificationTypes);
    #else
    NotificationServices.RegisterForNotifications(notificationTypes);
    #endif

DeviceTokenListener.Create ();

#endif
    }
    #endif

diegoadrada likes this.
  48. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    I added this report to our developer.
    Additional tests will be performed on our side and the fix will be provided if any kind of issue will take place.
    Thank you for this report.

49. diegoadrada

diegoadrada

I'm having the same issue with iOS 10 that redccoma has been posted, a fix will be appreciate.
    Kind regards!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  50. jGate99

jGate99

Hi Team
    Do you have plans to provide a UWP package? If so when?
    Regards