Search Unity

[Released] Ultimate Mobile Pro

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, Oct 19, 2018.

1. DerrickBarra

DerrickBarra

@lacost

Hey Lacost, we bought Ultimate Mobile Pro, and there are two features that would be super helpful.

1) Saving a locally stored texture (within persistent data) to the user's camera roll (not a named folder on the user's phone!), instead of from a texture to save on performance and lag. Other plugins such as Native Gallery are able to do this. (Note: Unity's built in ScreenCapture.CaptureScreenshot() function can actually capture photos to the users native camera roll in a background thread, so it doesn't lag the main thread like UMP's documented solution).

2) Natively sharing a locally stored texture (within persistent data), instead of from a texture to save on performance and lag. Other plugins such as NatShare are able to do this (but gradle clash with UMP during build time)

3) Natively sharing a locally stored video (within persistent data). I actually haven't tried using UMP for this yet, but my assumption is that it would require that the video object is in active memory, like when sharing a texture, which can be really bad for performance. You might already have this implement though!

Are these things you'll be able to add to Ultimate Mobile Pro? We have to use the Native Gallery plugin and Native Sharing plugins instead as they support these features, but we would rather use UMP instead to avoid plugin gradle clashes during build time and remove unnecessary plugins.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  2. DerrickBarra

DerrickBarra

@lacost Any update on this? We're going to have to remove UMP from our project and move to use other solutions if we're unable to accomplish the above soon.

3. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello, sorry for the slow replay. That all sounds like a very reasonable request. I will try to implement those ASAP. I might need to get in touch with you as I got with the development, Thanks.

Edit: @DerrickBarra can't send you a PM. Please get it in touch with me, I'd like to have call to better understand some of your requests. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  4. DerrickBarra

DerrickBarra

I sent you a PM, hopefully, you received it. If not reach out to me at derrickbarra@brandxr.io.

5. Kruemelchen

Kruemelchen

Hello @lacost,

I have a problem that this method:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. _client = UM_AdvertisementService.GetClient(UM_AdPlatform.Google);
    returns null. "_client" is null. I've configured all my admob settings and tried various variations of resolving packages via the PlayServiceResolver (I'm also using Google Play Services).
    Do you have any idea what could be missing?

Test-Device: Huawei Mate Pro 10
    Development built
    Min-SDK: 21
    Target-SDK: 23

Edit: I'm using Ultimate Mobile Pro version 2020.1 and Unity 2019.3.0f1

6. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey, @Kruemelchen can you show me how the Advertisement service UI looks for you? I have a supposition that you haven't installed Plugin AdMob addon.

7. Kruemelchen

Kruemelchen

Unfortunately I had already downloaded the addon. But after restarting the editor I always have to click "refresh" in the UI before the plugin recognizes it.

Attached Files:

8. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Hi @lacost ,

I updated to UMP - Version2020.1, I'm using Unity 2019.3.0f5, I get a few errors, can you help me with this:
    Assets\Plugins\StansAssets\CrossPlatform\UltimateMobile\Runtime\Services\Advertisement\Platforms\UnityAdsClient\UM_UnityAdsClient.cs(8,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Monetization' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Thanks in advance!

9. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

@Kruemelchen I wasn't able to repo an issue. However, I have to use reflection to detect those classes are actually part of the project, since at this time there is no official way to use packages, so I forced to user workaround that may have some flaws.

My guess is that if you have this issue in the editor then probably runtime may have the same issue. I will update the implementation to avoid reflection and will send you an updated beta version. Thanks.

@InfinityCoder88 This is a common issue, you see plugin thinks that Unity monetization is installed because you have a unity monetization package, BUT package has an old version and you need to grab the Monetization 3.0 from the asset store.

So if you need to use Unity monetization
    - Grab monetization 3.0 from the asset store - https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/add-ons/services/unity-monetization-66123

If you don't want to use Unity monetization
    - Remove the monetization package from your project using the Package manager.

Again we are having those troubles because there is no way to detect what is currently installed in the project so I am only relaying on reflection or assembly processing.
    However, Unity already has the solution for this - packages. I hope soon everything will be a package with easy API to declare dependencies or check if something is installed. I am looking forward to this.

10. takoy

takoy

Hey
    I've been using this plugin for a while now and it's been extremely helpful with speeding up my development.
    So first of all - Thank you for that!

I did get to a limit with the ios plugin - I would like to receive location updates after the app has been terminated (not running in the background).
    I've set up 'AllowsBackgroundLocationUpdates' to true before exiting the app, which does prompt the user with a question later on.
    But I am not receiving events in the 'DidUpdateLocations' delegate...
    Any ideas on that?
    I looked at the objective-c code and I didn't see you are dealing with this case (maybe I missed something..)
    This might assist.. - https://developer.apple.com/documen...cation_events_in_the_background?language=objc

a better reference - https://stackoverflow.com/questions...app-is-not-running-in-swift/44371982#44371982

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  11. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey @takoy I haven't tried to use location while the app is in the background but I'll take a look and let you know.

takoy likes this.
  12. escic

escic

Hi, i am working on a paid app, and use google play licensing to check if the app is install from google play store.
    When I tune on Android Native Vending service. BILLING and CHECK_LICENSE permission are add.
    But I don't use in app purchase, how can I only add CHECK_LICENSE permission in this case?
    I use Ultimate Mobile Pro version 2020.1 thanks.

13. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey, @escic that seems to be a reasonable feature request. I will add this ability to the plugin. It will be available with the next update.
    In the meantime I send you the beta version to try.

14. escic

escic

Hi, it works fine, thanks great help.:)

stanislav-osipov likes this.
  15. takoy

takoy

Anything new on that??

16. Grumpy-Dot

Grumpy-Dot

@lacost Hello, I've tried to integrate the Analytics service, but I did not received any events in Unity Analytics dashboard.
    I've noticed that UM_MasterAnalyticsClient class is missing this line:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. m_clients.Add(new UM_UnityAnalyticsClient());
    Is this on purpose? Am I missing something, or that line should have been there?

17. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Sorry, @takoy that still in teh task list, I will get back to you tomorrow with the result.

That seems to be a bug, please add this line, and I will make sure it fixed with the next asset store update.

Grumpy-Dot likes this.
  18. Grumpy-Dot

Grumpy-Dot

@lacost I have another issue with native sharing on iOS. Sharing on Instagram using the ShareToInstagram method no longer works on all devices on iOS. Before, I was getting the popup to share Direct, on the Feed or on the Stories, but now I get another popup that blocks the UI and has nothing to do with Instagram (check the screenshot). Perhaps the URL scheme for Instagram on iOS has changed?
    Let me know if you can locate the issue.

I have not tested native sharing using Facebook, but perhaps there are similar issues there as well? I will do a test in the future on iOS and let you know.

Attached Files:

19. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

@Grumpy-Dot Thank you for the report I will take a look at what happened to it.
    @takoy

That was an interesting question. Long story short, yes it's possible.
    Here are the requirements.
    1. You need to set Behavior in Background to Custom inside the iOS Player settings.
    2. That would allow an application to run in the background. Which means that we can now get location updates while in the background.
    3. The next step is to make the native plugin file that will subscribe to any background event we need.
    4. Once we have the data we can process it inside our native plugin code and call it day.

If we want this data to be transferd to our Unity / C# code because we want to process it there, it's also doable. Here are the steps:
    1. Save data on the native part.
    2. Then force the Unity update loop by calling UnityBatchPlayerLoop.
    3. You can now query data from Native code like you normally do with native plugins.
    Here the Example from Unity:
    https://bitbucket.org/Unity-Technol...n/BackgroundTasks/BackgroundFetch/?at=5.0-dev

No in terms of getting it onto the plugin. This is possible but I am not sure I that make sense it implement right now.
    • This is a big feature and hasn't got many requests, do demand is very low, I have more prioritized work.
    • If plugin will force Unity Update loop in the background, that may cause unpredicted behavior in users' projects that would not expect. I can probably try to use a delegate instead fo running the whole update loop, but not sure if that would work and even if it will Unity API can't be used only from the main thread.
    • I might need to override App Controller (not sure)
    Long story short, even tho I have a vision of how to do that, It requires lots of experiments and some implementation efforts before it can be acceptable to be released.
    I would go with own small plugin, it's simple, and gives you full control. See the code example by the link above.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  20. takoy

takoy

Thank you for the explanation.
    I will try to implement it using the example link.
    If I'll manage to make it work I will post back here...

21. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Sure, please keep me updated, will try to help.

22. garrido86

garrido86

I encountered a pretty weird issue on Android. We have this marker detection library and for what ever reason, when you display a native dialogue beforehand, then the webcam feed drops drastically into the single digits and the entire thing becomes a really bad experience. Now here comes the interesting part, if you leave the App via the home button and comeback, then the performance issues are suddenly gone until you open the next native dialogue.

I looked into the code of the vision library but couldn't find anything unusual in how it accesses the webcam data.

@lacost do you maybe have any ideas?

23. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey @garrido86 weird issue indeed. I don't have any idea why it could happen.
    Can you specify what kind of native dialog you are talking about? I assume native dialog triggered via the UM plugin. so at least I can share what happens on UM side that may help to investigate an issue.

24. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey, folks, I am happy to announce that Sign in with Apple will be available starting from Ultimate Mobile Pro 2020.2.
    Here is a small code demo:

To Perform Sing in Request:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using SA.iOS.UIKit;
    2. using SA.iOS.AuthenticationServices;
    3. ...
    5. var provider = new ISN_ASAuthorizationAppleIDProvider();
    6. var request = provider.CreateRequest();
    8. var requests = new ISN_ASAuthorizationRequest[] { request };
    9. var authorizationController = new ISN_ASAuthorizationController(requests);
    11. var @delegate = new AuthorizationDelegateExample();
    12. authorizationController.SetDelegate(@delegate);
    13. authorizationController.PerformRequests();
    The result delivered into the delegate you set to ISN_ASAuthorizationController. Here is AuthorizationDelegateExample class implementation that was used as a delegate instance in the previous snippet.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using SA.Foundation.Templates;
    2. using SA.iOS.AuthenticationServices;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    5. public class AuthorizationDelegateExample : ISN_IASAuthorizationControllerDelegate
    6. {
    7.     public void DidCompleteWithAuthorization(ISN_ASAuthorizationAppleIDCredential credential)
    8.     {
    9.         Debug.LogError("Apple Sing In Completed: ");
    10.         Debug.Log("credential.User: " + credential.User);
    11.         Debug.Log("credential.Email: " + credential.Email);
    12.         Debug.Log("credential.State: " + credential.State);
    14.         Debug.Log("credential.AuthorizationCode: " + credential.AuthorizationCode);
    15.         Debug.Log("credential.IdentityToken: " + credential.IdentityToken);
    17.         Debug.Log("credential.FullName.Nickname: " + credential.FullName.Nickname);
    18.         Debug.Log("credential.FullName.FamilyName: " + credential.FullName.FamilyName);
    19.         Debug.Log("credential.FullName.GivenName: " + credential.FullName.GivenName);
    20.         Debug.Log("credential.FullName.MiddleName: " + credential.FullName.MiddleName);
    21.         Debug.Log("credential.FullName.NamePrefix: " + credential.FullName.NamePrefix);
    22.         Debug.Log("credential.FullName.NameSuffix: " + credential.FullName.NameSuffix);
    23.     }
    25.     public void DidCompleteWithError(SA_Error error)
    26.     {
    27.         Debug.LogError("Apple Sing In Failed: " + error.FullMessage);
    28.     }
    29. }

Grumpy-Dot likes this.
  25. garrido86

garrido86

Yes via UM plugin, thank you!

26. garrido86

garrido86

Is there a way to somehow clear-up the dialogues? It happens when leaving the App but is there a way to somehow do it via code so that the App must not be left?

//Edit
    Turns out updating from 2019.1 to 2019.3 solved the performance issue, so the problem was on Unity's side as it seems. Cheers!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    stanislav-osipov likes this.
  27. takoy

takoy

Hey! Is there a way to share a local video file (in the app local folder) using the "Social" API?
    I can only see an image sharing :(

28. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey @takoy we are currently adding an ability to share a local file via URL, that will work for both Android and iOS platforms. It will be part of the 2020.3 release, but if you ping me in a week or so you can have an early beta :)
    Cheers!

takoy likes this.
  29. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Ultimate Mobile Pro 2020.2 is now available!

• Analytics: Unity analytics implementation fixes.
    • Playmaker: InApp Transaction actions updated.
    • InApps: Pending transaction state added.
    • Google ads addon does not use reflection anymore.

ANDROID
    • Android 9 notifications bad state fix.
    • Added ability to disable Billing in the vending service and only use licensing.
    iOS
    • Sign In with Apple API Added.
    • Replay Kit: View presentation controller fixed
    • IOS Native hash storage objects link fixed.
    • ISN_AVCaptureDevice.RequestAccess bug when using with audio permission fixed.
    • Deprecated UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend plist flag will be automatically removed during the build post process.
    • AuthenticationServices added.
    • UIActivityViewController - added and ability to share urls (web and local)
    • Storefront API added.

Grumpy-Dot likes this.
  30. Modernllama

Modernllama

Hi,

This plugin on iOS seems to have compile errors. I'm guessing it's not including an up to date version of the iOS part of the product?

An example is:
    Assets/Plugins/StansAssets/NativePlugins/IOSDeploy/Editor/Scripts/ISD_PostProcess.cs(274,28): error CS1061: 'ProjectCapabilityManager' does not contain a definition for 'AddSignInWithApple' and no accessible extension method 'AddSignInWithApple' accepting a first argument of type 'ProjectCapabilityManager' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

When I fix those errors, I'm then still getting errors in build with the camera functionality. Trying to record video and get this error:

Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'The specified modal presentation style doesn't have a corresponding presentation controller.'

This is present in the example as well as within my app.

Any help with either of these will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

31. osmancanernurdag

osmancanernurdag

Hello,

When i call the function below for displaying leaderboard , using ui button, the function works but leaderboard does not appear.
    What can i do to make the leaderboard appear?

PS: User sign-in works before leaderboard.
    PS2: In config tab, i added leaderboard id for android successfully.

Thank you in advance.

Code (CSharp):
    1. public void DisplayUserScore()
    2.     {
    3.         var client = UM_GameService.LeaderboardsClient;
    5.         client.ShowUI((result) =>
    6.         {
    7.             if (result.IsSucceeded)
    8.             {
    9.                 UM_DialogsUtility.DisplayResultMessage(result);
    10.                 Debug.Log("Sucessful");
    11.             }
    12.             else
    13.             {
    14.                 Debug.Log("Failed to start Leaderboards native view: " + result.Error.FullMessage);
    15.             }
    16.         });
    17.     }

32. UNHO

UNHO

Hello..
    I only want to use Social + Gallery without affecting the build.
    Is there a way?

33. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Those look like legit bugs I will look into it and will get back to you. Thanks for the report.

34. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

@osmancanernurdag can you please share the device logs with me?
    @UNHO I am doing my best to add stuff in the build unless it's necessary. Can you please specify the unwanted things that were added to your build? Thanks!

35. EFFalcon2

EFFalcon2

Has anyone ran into issues with permission issue when saving images using the Gallery Service?
    On android 8 its working fine, but Android 10 i'm getting

AndroidNative: Unity: [Async] Sent to Unity ->: {"m_error":{"m_code":-1,"m_message":"/storage/emulated/0/Pictures/AppName/AppName_2020-02-13_18-30-35.pnA.D..png: open failed: EACCES (Permission denied)"}}

both devices have the same Storage permissions enabled

36. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Yea, this is a known issue, I am working on it.

37. EFFalcon2

EFFalcon2

38. Jinthree

Jinthree

Hello,

I'm trying Google Save Game feature with Ultimate Mobile.
    I got error when try fetch snapshots; error following,

"IllegalStateException: Must include Drive.SCOPE_APP_FOLDER to use snapshops !"

and my code like...

For sign in
    UM_GameService.SignInClient.SingIn()

For fetch snapshops
    UM_GameService.SavedGamesClient.FetchSavedGames

Can I get any solutions?

39. gui_dev

gui_dev

Hi!

Great work with this plugin! I'm getting a new error when using

UM_InAppService.Client.Connect

With my own product list (List<UM_ProductTemplate>)

The error is:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    SA.CrossPlatform.InApp.UM_IOSProduct.OnOverride (SA.iOS.StoreKit.ISN_SKProduct productTemplate) (at Assets/Plugins/StansAssets/CrossPlatform/UltimateMobile/Runtime/API/InApps/Platfroms/IOS/UM_IOSProduct.cs:14)
    SA.CrossPlatform.InApp.UM_AbstractProduct`1[T].Override (.T productTemplate) (at Assets/Plugins/StansAssets/CrossPlatform/UltimateMobile/Runtime/API/InApps/Platfroms/Abstract/UM_AbstractProduct.cs:23)
    SA.CrossPlatform.InApp.UM_EditorInAppClient.GetServerProductsInfo () (at Assets/Plugins/StansAssets/CrossPlatform/UltimateMobile/Runtime/API/InApps/Platfroms/UnityEditor/UM_EditorInAppClient.cs:60)
    SA.CrossPlatform.InApp.UM_AbstractInAppClient.<Connect>m__0 (SA_iResult result) (at Assets/Plugins/StansAssets/CrossPlatform/UltimateMobile/Runtime/API/InApps/Platfroms/Abstract/UM_AbstractInAppClient.cs:57)
    SA.CrossPlatform.InApp.UM_EditorInAppClient+<ConnectToService>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 () (at Assets/Plugins/StansAssets/CrossPlatform/UltimateMobile/Runtime/API/InApps/Platfroms/UnityEditor/UM_EditorInAppClient.cs:33)
    SA.Foundation.Async.SA_Coroutine+SA_InternalCoroutine+<RunActionAfterInstruction>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () (at Assets/Plugins/StansAssets/Foundation/API/Async/SA_Coroutine.cs:105)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Coroutines.cs:17)

Using Ultimate Mobile Pro 2020.2 on Unity 2018.4.17f

40. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Are you sure you have saved games option enabled in the plugin settings?
    SV_ValidationExample_-_Plugins_-_iOS_-_Unity_2019_3_0f5__Metal_.png

41. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

@gui_dev thx for the report, I will fix it (feel free to PM me for the beta version) But I'de like to also see the log from device if that's possible,

42. luniac

luniac

im seeing this with admob integration only.
    BuildMethodException: [GoogleMobileAds] Neither Ad Manager nor AdMob is enabled yet.

Build and Run doesn't work.
    Capture.PNG

regular build does seem to work, ad shows up, but what is this error, i followed the Admob installation process.

43. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Can you please specify when exactly do you see this error?
    Thanks!

44. Grumpy-Dot

Grumpy-Dot

Go to Assets -> Google Mobile Ads -> Settings... and check the AdMob Enabled checkbox and paste your AdMob IDs.
    This is what I've done in my projects to avoid the error.

45. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Thx will try to automate this. Since you already putting your Ids inside the plugin.

luniac and Grumpy-Dot like this.
  46. Jinthree

Jinthree

upload_2020-3-7_21-35-25.png

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh... THX!I I must have missed it.

47. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

I hope everything works as expected now :)

48. URPian

URPian

@lacost Hello,

I bought the plugin quite a while ago and currently have reached the stage of implementing the save game and analytics feature. Thank you to you and the team for developing Ultimate Mobile with native features, all in one.

1 - A bit of newbie question for you, when the SignIN happens in the demo scene, is it using the Google server by default or it's just an empty message for debugging?

2 - Azure PlayFab, a Microsoft's competitor to Firebase has been providing online game services for a while now, would it be possible for the Ultimate Mobile to have PlayFab support with PlayMaker actions in the future?

https://playfab.com/

49. Grumpy-Dot

Grumpy-Dot

@lacost Hello, any news about the ios issue with ShareToInstagram feature?

50. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hi, thanks for choosing Ultimate Mobile.

1. If you run in the Editor, it's just a behavior emulation, no Apple / Google servers involved.
    2. Probably but it's a pretty low demand for this feature across customers, so can't promise

URPian likes this.