Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Character Controller (UFPS 3 / Third Person Controller 3)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by opsive, May 29, 2018.

1. Arlorean

Arlorean

It turns out I did have a 3Dconnexion KMJ Emulator game controller device which was installed with my 3DConnexion SpaceMouse:

I disabled it using this web page and now the demo is working. Thanks for the hint about the input manager and the gamepads.

opsive likes this.
  2. opsive

opsive

Version 2.4 of the character controllers have been released! You can see what has changed on this page. New features include an improved audio manager, damage processors, and new melee animations.

MeleeAttack.gif

Deckard_89 likes this.
  3. opsive

opsive

Version 2.4.2 of the character controllers have been released on the store. You can see what's included on this page. As a result of the audio refactoring in version 2.4 we now have integration with Master Audio!

fordtimelord likes this.
  4. sierras

sierras

Hello,
    Any news on upgrading from UFPS to UCC ?
    Cheers !

5. opsive

opsive

Yes, when you are logged into the Asset Store the price of UCC should be discounted for the price of UFPS.

6. o0HNC0o

o0HNC0o

Is adventure creator integration works with Third Person Controller ?

7. NechyporukEvgen

NechyporukEvgen

kostaskaraolis likes this.
  8. opsive

opsive

Hello,

For support can you please post on the forum at https://opsive.com/forum? This makes it easier to track each support request :) If you can also point out at what times in the video you notice the problem occurring that'd be great.

I can say though that there are two issues that I am aware of and has been fixed for the next update:
    - The car and horse are updating in the wrong location. When in the car the character should update within Update and the the horse should update within Fixed Update. This can be changed on the Ultimate Character Locomotion component.
    - The PUN add-on does not send the correct originator.

Yes, the Adventure Creator developer has created an integration with the controller.

9. creat327

creat327

I think from the videos is pretty clear what the post was talking about. The rider shaking like crazy on top of the horse. The camera going upside down. The horse floating mid-air. The car moving like you are on ice with an epileptic attack. And so on... I don't think he needs to point out many exact locations... it looks like a beta version of the product. And I agree because I bought this years ago and still has so many obvious bugs.

10. opsive

opsive

@NechyporukEvgen created a thread on the opsive forum here which has more details and you can follow. If you have anything else feel free to create a thread and I'll get them fixed :)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  11. opsive

opsive

12. GameTech

GameTech

Hi, I got UFPS 2 and was wondering how to change the max movement speed. This is using the first person perspective, I changed the Motor acceleration from the ultimate character locomotion script so that he walks much slower, but the animation is still using a running speed. How to change the movement speed slower such that the animation matches the speed?

13. opsive

opsive

Hello,

For support can you post on the forum at https://opsive.com/forum? This allows us to track each request better and also has a search to make it easier to find previously asked questions.

Justin

14. Marks_M

Marks_M

Dear Opsive,

I purchased Ultimate Character Controller and downloaded Control Freak 2 integration pack from your website, upon importing the integration pack, i get various errors from ControlFreakInput.cs, like :

Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Integrations\Control Freak\ControlFreakInput.cs(8,42): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Input' does not exist in the namespace 'Opsive.UltimateCharacterController' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Integrations\Control Freak\ControlFreakInput.cs(20,38): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PlayerInput' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Integrations\Control Freak\ControlFreakInput.cs(32,33): error CS0115: 'ControlFreakInput.GetButtonInternal(string)': no suitable method found to override

Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Integrations\Control Freak\ControlFreakInput.cs(42,33): error CS0115: 'ControlFreakInput.GetButtonDownInternal(string)': no suitable method found to override

Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Integrations\Control Freak\ControlFreakInput.cs(52,33): error CS0115: 'ControlFreakInput.GetButtonUpInternal(string)': no suitable method found to override

Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Integrations\Control Freak\ControlFreakInput.cs(62,34): error CS0115: 'ControlFreakInput.GetAxisInternal(string)': no suitable method found to override

Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Integrations\Control Freak\ControlFreakInput.cs(72,34): error CS0115: 'ControlFreakInput.GetAxisRawInternal(string)': no suitable method found to override

Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Integrations\Control Freak\ControlFreakInput.cs(81,33): error CS0115: 'ControlFreakInput.GetMousePosition()': no suitable method found to override

Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Integrations\Control Freak\ControlFreakInput.cs(90,30): error CS0115: 'ControlFreakInput.IsPointerOverUI()': no suitable method found to override

Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Integrations\Control Freak\ControlFreakInput.cs(99,33): error CS0115: 'ControlFreakInput.EnableGameplayInput(bool)': no suitable method found to override

Can you help me out please?

Edit : Also, if you dont mind, is there a way to convert UCC scripts using Control freak 2 without getting a lot of compiling errors?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  15. opsive

opsive

Hello,

For support can you post on the forum at https://opsive.com/forum? This allows us to track each request better and also has a search to make it easier to find previously asked questions.

Justin

16. Marks_M

Marks_M

Excuse me for posting question here and not on your forum ,I find posting on unity forum more convenient. Just a personal liking. I will definitely consider posting there though. But since we're here can you help me on this particular issue? Please?

17. opsive

opsive

If you can post on the Opsive forum that would be great. It makes searching for previously asked questions a lot easier.

18. Marks_M

Marks_M

Ok, I will, but can you answer here as well?

19. Marks_M

Marks_M

Also, as far as i checked, I didnt find anyone who has the issue I have.

20. opsive

opsive

Make sure you are running the latest version of the controller and integration. If you continue to have errors please post on the forum so it's easier to follow.

21. Marks_M

Marks_M

I see. Just one more : is there a way to convert UCC scripts using Control freak 2 without getting a lot of compiling errors? like : "The name 'ControlFreak2' does not exist in the current context", then : The type or namespace name 'ControlFreak2' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

22. opsive

opsive

With the latest version of the integration and controller you will not get any errors. If you get errors please post on the Opsive forum.

23. ryanzec

ryanzec

@opsive How well would the third person controller handle the movement / camera control of something like Pathfinder or Divinity Original Sin out of the box?

24. opsive

opsive

For movement you could use the Point Click Movement Type along with the Top Down View Type for the camera. There isn't a built in way to automatically attack when clicking on an enemy but that can be done with a small script which uses the item, similar to the method described on the AI page.

25. twobob

twobob

Anyone managed to getting talking working while seated on a malbers horse.
    upload_2021-12-28_16-10-38.png
    We could just cheat and use the horse to talk but it would be nice for that (F) Key to actually work as expected when mounted.

26. opsive

opsive

@Malbers created the integration so he'll know more, but the character's input is may be disabled using the OnEnableGameplayInput event.

twobob likes this.
  27. twobob

twobob

Thanks I'll check that out. I did ask Malbers as well. He said "Its been ages since I have touched UCC...try checking the Inputs Blocking on the Integration"

Sadly I have no idea what means. I have asked for clarification from him. Many thanks.

28. Parappa2

Parappa2

29. opsive

opsive

30. javialicant

javialicant

Hello, my name is Xavier, I would like to know if there is any way to integrate third person and first person Opsive with the ummorpg remastered asset, I am finding it very difficult to integrate between the controllers. Is there an Opsive asset for multiplayer that the movements and each action of the player have server authentication??

Thank you very much

Best Regards.

31. opsive

opsive

I haven't used that asset before so unfortunately I don't know how you would integrate it. I am keeping a list of integration requests though and I recommend posting on our forum with your request so others can up vote it as well if they are interested. We do not have any integrations with a server authoritative multiplayer implementation.

32. opsive

opsive

33. dajibeast

dajibeast

upload_2022-3-23_21-10-11.png
    getting this error after importing input system and NWH integrations

34. opsive

opsive

Thanks for posting on the Opsive forum - I've responded to your post there :)

35. JCollins91

JCollins91

Can I use this asset to create an FPS character where they move as if they have no friction with the ground. I want to make a character controller that slides. I am having difficulty implementing this. May I ask advice?

36. opsive

opsive

Hello,

Justin

37. opsive

opsive

38. UsefulWeapon

UsefulWeapon

Hello, i have a quick question. Can photon PUN plugin work with photon fusiuon ?

39. opsive

opsive

Fusion has a completely different API compared to PUN so the two are not compatible. I have Fusion on my list of things to look at but Netcode for GameObjects will likely have a higher priority since it's built into Unity.

40. foundrysixfuel

foundrysixfuel

Hey everyone!
    On OnDamageEvent in the health script, I am trying to detect when multiple enemies receive damage from a single weapon. The "SingleHit" checkbox is unticked. However, it only returns the first enemy hit, without the event for the second enemy
    Also, only the first enemy that collides with the weapon takes damage and deducts health. (This is for the sword melee weapon in third person)

41. opsive

opsive

Hello,

Justin

42. AshyB

AshyB

Just went to install the ultimate inventory and integration package to be used with Ultimate Character controller and followed the video and documentation but after duplicating the EmptyCharacterInventoryDatabase and setting the character and managers up, pressing play kept having an error about "Category with ID blah cannot be found".

I tried entering inspector debug mode and changing the ID on the "equippable" category since that seemed to be the issue but no luck.

In the end tracked the inherited class of ItemSetAbilityBase to EquipScroll in the UltimateCharacterLocomotion script and then under item abilities disabling everything except for "Aim", press play, no errors. Enable everything again, press play, no errors.

Seems to work for me (note to self for future me).

43. opsive

opsive

Deckard_89 and TonyLi like this.
  44. NathanielAH

NathanielAH

45. opsive

opsive

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    NathanielAH likes this.
  46. NathanielAH

NathanielAH

opsive likes this.
  47. EvilGremlin

EvilGremlin

So now we have to buy it again? You just finished the last version... o_O WTF dudes? o_O You guys realize this kind of BS is why the other game engine devs make fun of Unity devs right?

valmyr and Burnbox like this.
  48. opsive

opsive

It has been more than 4 years since the last paid update. Paid updates make the Asset Store more sustainable. We spent a lot of development time on this release and believe that the price is well justified.

TeagansDad and MostHated like this.
  49. gyltefors

gyltefors

How comes this is listed as "Version 1.0", and has 5 stars, even though all these reviews are for version 2? And this is version 3? If this is a different product that customers have to pay for again, it should be a different product.

ZTMC, Burnbox and valmyr like this.
  50. atmuc

atmuc

If you can wait, you can buy UCC with a %50 discount as I did in the past. I think %50 discount for the old customers is not fair. There should be a higher discount.

@gyItefors, I agree, If we pay for a product it should be shown as a new product. Reviews are for the old product. New, updated product may be better or worse.

valmyr likes this.