Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Character Controller (UFPS 3 / Third Person Controller 3)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by opsive, May 29, 2018.

1. ynm11

ynm11

is this rigidbody-based? if UCC character walks, will objects with rigidbodies automatically interact (physics) with it?

2. opsive

opsive

The controller has a kinematic Rigidbody, but it is not used for locomotion. It will interact with Rigidbody objects if they get in the way though. In the demo scene the white cubes are Rigidbodies which you can push.

ynm11 likes this.
  3. ml785

ml785

Is there support for Grappling Hooks? What about for Rope Swinging?

4. opsive

opsive

5. ml785

ml785

6. opsive

opsive

For that situation I recommend creating a new ability which just sets the character's position based on the location of the rope. This way you'll still get the swing mechanics without having to switch which system is used. I'm sure you could get it to work by disabling the character controller component, but for the abilities that I've created I try to keep it within the system to make things as smooth as possible.

7. mikeyclements02

mikeyclements02

I'm new to all this so I don't really understand it to well but, dose it have integration with Emerald AI? It's an asset I've used and sorta know and I want to get a character controller that is compatible with it, if you can integrate it how would I go about doing it?

8. opsive

opsive

There is no official integration, but there is a community-led integration on the Opsive forum.

mikeyclements02 likes this.
  9. Cactus_on_Fire

Cactus_on_Fire

Is there a way to use 1 camera for the UFPS asset rather than 1 cam for the scene and 1 for the hands?

10. opsive

opsive

Hello,

For support can you post on the forum at https://opsive.com/forum? This allows us to track each request better and also has a search to make it easier to find previously asked questions.

Justin

11. opsive

opsive

Version 1.0.1 of the Climbing Pack has been released! You can see what has changed within the link below. There were some animator changes so make sure you update your animator through the Climbing Add-On manager after you import the new version.

https://opsive.com/news/climbing-pack-1-0-1-released/

12. opsive

opsive

TonyLi likes this.
  13. BigBoiii_Jones

BigBoiii_Jones

Any plans for stealth/takedown kills or assassination kills?

14. opsive

opsive

We eventually want to release a Tactical Pack which would include abilities similar to this but at this time that pack is a ways off.

15. cangcloud2015

cangcloud2015

Does the Deathmatch AI kit support ultimate inventory? I hope the Deathmatch AI kit can support the creation of boss Or a non human model.Like robots, animals, monster models and so on.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  16. opsive

opsive

We have integration with the Ultimate Inventory System on our list but we do not have an ETA on when that will be completed. The behavior tree isn't model type specific so you can use non-humanoids. A boss behavior is outside the scope of the Deathmatch AI Kit (it's more team-based) but you can definitely use the same concepts for a boss.

17. cangcloud2015

cangcloud2015

Can you make an add-on to create boss?can support the creation of generic AI and human AI at the same time. I think many people will like this add-on very much

18. opsive

opsive

This isn't directly related to the character controller but at this time we don't have any plans on creating a boss add-on. There was recently a video where somebody used Behavior Designer to recreate the boss from FALSE KNIGHT:

19. alamak-oy

alamak-oy

Hello, how long are you going to support Ultimate Character Controller?
    I understand that you might want to release a new version eventually as there is no subscription here and it's not that easy to continuously support the existing version for free, but will a new version be at least backward-compatible? Because it takes time to learn and integrate such a great tool, that's why there is a concern.

Thanks!

20. opsive

opsive

The Ultimate Character Controller has a long life ahead of it :) The version 1 to 2 upgrade was a complete rewrite since we pulled in the UFPS 1 and Third Person Controller 1 codebase, but for a version 3 we definitely will not be rewriting it again. This should make any future updates a lot easier.

alamak-oy likes this.
  21. cangcloud2015

cangcloud2015

Are you going to release a rewritten version 2? Is the development going well now? When will it be released?

22. opsive

opsive

No, we are very much focused on the current version 2. Our next feature release will be version 2.4 with the Adventure Kit.

23. cangcloud2015

cangcloud2015

What features does adventurekit contain? Did you develop well? Before releasing the next version, please check the codes of katana, shield, shotgun, grenade and sword. I found that the scaling value of the created shield is forcibly set to 5. The shotgun has the problem of unlimited reload ammunition. The sword cannot cause damage to AI. You already know the problem of grenade. I hope these problems will not appear in the next update. These problems make me unable to use the sword and shield, Shotgun, etc. I want to ask... Will new abilities such as assassination and invisibility appear in the next update?

24. opsive

opsive

Take a look at this thread for adventure kit:

https://opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/adventure-kit-wip.4963/

If you can update your original posts with steps to reproduce and I can take a look at them.

25. cangcloud2015

cangcloud2015

26. opsive

opsive

27. cangcloud2015

cangcloud2015

I have fed back these problems on the forum. I just hope you can pay attention to them and fix them in the next update.

28. opsive

opsive

I will followup in the threads that you created. I think everything is working from a code perspective and it's just a configuration issue. Anyway I'll followup in your threads :)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  29. Artini

Artini

30. opsive

opsive

Hello,

I am not aware of any integrations with that asset but for integration requests can you post on the forum at https://opsive.com/forum? This allows us to determine the popularity of each request. From a high level you should just need to implement the IInteractableTarget.

Justin

31. cangcloud2015

cangcloud2015

It is not difficult for you to implement it. It is recommended to add this function in future versions.

32. Pixelith

Pixelith

Hey there, I've been using TPC for awhile and with the recent humble bundle I went ahead and bought FPC to (essentially) make UCC.

I've been wondering how possible it would be to implement a custom melee animation system? I have one I made myself that works similar to Devil May Cry and other hack and slash titles.

I'm not at home at the moment to try this myself, but wanted to ask in case there was some possible guidance to make it easier.

33. opsive

opsive

Hello,

For support can you post on the forum at https://opsive.com/forum? This allows us to track each request better and also has a search to make it easier to find previously asked questions.

Justin

Pixelith likes this.
  34. Pixelith

Pixelith

Gotcha! Left my question with the same username.

35. Evgeno

Evgeno

Good afternoon. There are purchased versions of First Person Controller and Third Person Controller in the asset store. But the Ultimate Character Controller version is still not available to me. Do I need to download two assets separately each time?

36. Pixelith

Pixelith

That is correct. If you own both, then you essentially have UCC and just need to download both into a project.

opsive likes this.
  37. Evgeno

Evgeno

It's a bit strange. It would be more convenient to open access to the UCC asset to those who own both FPC and TPC. I've seen this in other assets. :)

38. opsive

opsive

On the Asset Store you are not able to form an upgrade where two independent packages unlock a third package. You can form bundles which allow you to go the reverse, but unfortunately not the other way around.

39. Evgeno

Evgeno

It is a pity that this is not possible. But thanks for the answer.

40. DJ_DiX

DJ_DiX

Hello

How i can create delayed player spawn?

I cant find any instruction / tutorial

I have scene, where player need to be spawned after button click, but if i spawning player prefab in runtime - i was getting infinit error "There is no look source attached to the character...###"

Attached Files:

41. Pixelith

Pixelith

You should either spawn the player together with the camera as a prefab or make your own camera controller that allows you to assign targeting at runtime and use the Character script instead of Third person character.

DJ_DiX likes this.
  42. DJ_DiX

DJ_DiX

T.y, its working!

1. Spawning player
    2. Spawning camera-prefab in OFF-state.
    3. Set camera-link to active player in scene
    4. Turn ON camera
    5. Profit

43. Pixelith

Pixelith

I'm honestly surprised you knew what I was talking about because I 100% meant to comment this on a completely different character asset I use.

44. DJ_DiX

DJ_DiX

Most importantly - the advice worked)
    For which Thank you so much))

Pixelith likes this.
  45. gecko

gecko

Very interested in this, but we need some special abilities, so I'm wondering how easily a competent coder (not me) could create those. Specifically non-ground-based abilities, like swimming like a dolphin rather than a human, flying (like a bird, not Ironman), that kind of thing. I read the New Ability page in the documentation but since these would be so different, I wasn't sure how big a challenge they would be....

thx!
    Dave

46. opsive

opsive

As long as you have the animations those abilities shouldn't take too much effort. Flying would be extremely similar to swimming where you disable gravity and then move the character in the desired direction. We have a Swimming Pack which can be used as a starting point for your dolphin - when you swap out the animations you probably wouldn't even need to make any code changes to that ability.

gecko likes this.
  47. Arlorean

Arlorean

The asset store UFPSWindowsDemo on Windows just points the camera to the ceiling and spins around constantly. Is there something I need to do to get the demo to work?

48. opsive

opsive

Do you have a non-standard gamepads? The demo scene uses the old Input Manager and it doesn't handle non-standard gamepads/keyboards. We have an integration with the new input system (or Rewired) which handles these input devices better.

49. Arlorean

Arlorean

Thanks for the quick reply. I have no gamepads at all. Just a mouse and keyboard. The keyboard is a Logitech G915 TKL and the mouse is a Logi MX Master 3.

50. opsive

opsive

I would have expected that setup to work with the input manager without an issue but the spinning is a direct indicator that the input manager doesn't recognize the input mapping. Do you have another machine that you can test it out on?