Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Character Controller (UFPS 3 / Third Person Controller 3)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by opsive, May 29, 2018.

1. opsive

opsive

Hello,

Thanks for your purchase. For support can you post on the forum at https://opsive.com/forum? This allows me to track each request better and also has a search to make it easier to find previously asked questions.

Justin

2. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

So now that i bought first and third person controller plus the swimming and agility asset, can i just load them all together in one project? I can read about them in the dokumentation for each alone but not how to stich them together, at least not for the first and third person controller.

I am also searching on your forum but can not find a thread about that topic.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  3. opsive

opsive

Hello,

For support can you post on the forum at https://opsive.com/forum? This allows me to track each request better and also has a search to make it easier to find previously asked questions. I don't think that this question has been asked before so it'll be good to get it in the search :)

Justin

4. opsive

opsive

The Ultimate Character Controller is now integrated with Love/Hate! You can download the integration package from this page. Thank you to @TonyLi for doing this integration.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    TonyLi likes this.
  5. R1PFake

R1PFake

Which weapons (models, sound, etc) are included in the "UFPS: Ultimate FPS" pack?

6. opsive

opsive

Hello,

All of the shootable weapons and the grenades. This includes:

Pistol
    Assault Rifle
    Sniper Rifle
    Rocket Launcher
    Shotgun
    Bow
    Frag Grenade

7. bholland

bholland

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, please tell if it is not. I'm looking for someone who has experience working with the current generation of the opsive controllers and replace the models (character and weapon) with the models I have. So, basically take the nolan ultimate character controller for first and third person and replace the character and weapon models with the ones that I would provide. I would need this done for up to 5 characters. I'm looking for quotes and timelines for what this would take. Again, if this is not the correct place for this let me know and if it is not if someone knows the correct place for this that would be extremely helpful. if you are interested please send your information to bholland@evilrookgames.com

Thanks!

8. opsive

opsive

This thread works! You could also try posting in the Paid Work Requests thread on the opsive forum or try our discord.

9. Daahrien

Daahrien

Any idea why I cant get the melee weapon consumabletypecount?

I'm using this code:

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (itemAction is IUsableItem){
    2.                 var usableItem = itemAction as IUsableItem;
    3.                 if ((usableItem.GetConsumableItemType()) != null){
    4.                     var consumableItemTypeCount = usableItem.GetConsumableItemTypeCount();
    It works for all other weapons, pistols, rifles etc. But it doesnt work with a melee weapon who has a co nsumable item type, and it does consume it, for example I put pick 10 "ammos" of the melee weapon, and indeed you can only swing it 10 times. But can't show the "ammo" left because the above code doesn't work with it.

I have tried checking all itemactions, not only the first one (0).

usableItem.GetConsumableItemType() is null with that weapon, even tho the weapon has limited uses thanks that it does have a consumable item type.

Thank you for your time.

Edit. Ended up doing a workaround for that specific weapon :p

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  10. Rmzn0

Rmzn0

Can we get moving aim in topdown. It doesn't seem to shoot up and down

11. opsive

opsive

Thanks - MeleeWeapon didn't implement GetConsumableItemType so that's why it is null. I've added the method.

For support can you post on the forum at https://opsive.com/forum? This allows me to track each request better and also has a search to make it easier to find previously asked questions.

12. opsive

opsive

13. Daahrien

Daahrien

Hello, I have read the documentation pages you suggested me about controlling a character via code (for my online multiplayer implementation):
    https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/artificial-intelligence/
    https://opsive.com/support/document...ies/included-abilities/navmeshagent-movement/

I know now how to "Use" the item equiped (shoot) and how to Equip the weapons.
    But, I still have some specific questions:

How do I manage the Aim? like localplayer aims at certain point, and then sends the networked message to the other players, how do them "see" the first player aiming? So, how do I aim to certain point via code? Do I have to send the character spine localrotation and then activate the Aim ability or something like that?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  14. opsive

opsive

Hello,

For support can you post on the forum at https://opsive.com/forum? This allows me to track each request better and also has a search to make it easier to find previously asked questions.

Thanks,
    Justin

15. opsive

opsive

digiross likes this.
  16. Kiragan-Games

Kiragan-Games

Hi, just started with UFPS. Is it possible to use controller without any camera interactions, because i have allready done my own controller for shooting with cameras inside, and dont want UFPS to affect my cameras.

Regards

17. opsive

opsive

Hello,

For support can you post on the forum at https://opsive.com/forum? This allows me to track each request better and also has a search to make it easier to find previously asked questions. If you can also include which camera interactions you are referring to that'd be great.

Thanks,
    Justin

18. spotlightgamesrussia

spotlightgamesrussia

Hello.

UFPS has the ability to take and carry boxes. Have you removed this feature in the new asset?

19. opsive

opsive

20. farhanulhaq_teraception

farhanulhaq_teraception

Hello

I'm developing a game in which I don't want to move player with player inputs like, WSAD from keyboard. I want to move my player from one location to another with ai. My questions are following
    1- How can I use navmesh to move player from one location to another, while moving I can use other abilities?
    2- How to make cut scenes? (On official forum of opsive I read that to use different prefab to make cut scene. But I don't want to use different prefab, because I want to use UFPS built-in functionality and abilities etc.)

21. opsive

opsive

Hello,

Thanks,
    Justin

22. feloxy

feloxy

Hello,

I am trying to get the UFPS Camera working but when I press play, the game view is blue. When looking at the camera, the First person Camera is set to background type solid color and the culling to mixed. If I change those while playing to the default, I see my scene as per normal. Am I missing anything? How do I fix this?

Attached Files:

• ufps.PNG
      ufps.PNG
      File size:
      245.1 KB
      Views:
  23. opsive

opsive

I have replied to your post on the opsive forums. Thanks for posting it there!

24. Daahrien

Daahrien

Any idea why unity freezes when I select the player (using ucc obviously)? It just started happening. I updated unity and still the same, I'm reimpoirting the UCC now.

25. opsive

opsive

Hello,

Thanks,
    Justin

26. fabiobh

fabiobh

27. opsive

opsive

The First Person Controller includes melee and shooter weapons, whereas UFPS only includes shooter.

Yes, that contains both first and third person perspectives with all weapon types.

28. opsive

opsive

We are getting closer to releasing version 2.2 which is a huge feature release. Top new features include a Drive ability, magic items, first person split screen support, as well as restructuring for support with our new inventory system.

This post has some details on the magic items that will be included in 2.2:

TonyLi likes this.
  29. opsive

opsive

Magic items part 2:

Deckard_89 and Weendie-Games like this.
  30. BioBurden

BioBurden

Hi, I'm not a customer (yet) and couldn't post on your forum, just wondering if there's any plans to integrate this asset with the Low Poly FPS asset?
    Thanks in advance.

31. opsive

opsive

Thanks for taking a look at our controller.

We are close to releasing a major update (version 2.2) and after that I plan on doing more integrations. I can add that asset to my list, but there are a few other integrations that have a good number of requests so I plan on doing those first.

Looking at the Low Poly FPS Pack, it doesn't look like it would take any code integration though and it's just animations. In this case it should be relatively easy. The controller uses an Animator Controller and you'll just need to replace the animations with the ones from the Low Poly FPS Pack. If you do decide to get started on using those animations and run into any issues I can point you in the correct direction if you make a post on the forum.

32. Kriszo91

Kriszo91

Hello!

I trying to setup a character according to the videos, so im using the Character Manager tool,
    i adding my character to the scene than adding that to the Character Manager, there is a DemoItemCollection which is applied too but after character creation, the new character don't have items and can't pickup any weapons(no punch attack too), whats can be the problem? I guess its completly need to be similar to the Nolan demo character right?

Thanks!

33. opsive

opsive

Hello,

Thanks,
    Justin

34. opsive

opsive

We are getting close to being able to release our new inventory solution and I know a lot of people who use our character controller are also interested in it. Each day this week @Sangemdoko will be previewing a new section of the demo scene. For today he talks about the main inventory menu. You can see it in this thread.

InventorySystemEquip.gif

digiross and TonyLi like this.
  35. Feartheway

Feartheway

I am trying to set up basic mutliplayer ip and user functionality using ufps + pun 2. I want a lobby a username login then start up a basic scene. I also bought the third party example lobby system for pun 2. I have a feeling i need an sql user server database running. Pun 2 supports 20 ccu. But do i have to setup my sql server somewhere else? I am ab it lost and confused. I was hoping it would be a bit simpler. I have done all this with Atavism, they provided a linux virtual box to make my own server. My aim is to create a test game where my friends can all log in and meet each other virtually across the internet. Have i missed something? it just seems horrendously complicated.

36. opsive

opsive

The PUN add-on doesn't include a lobby since that's outside the scope of synchronizing character state. Any tutorial that you find on setting up the lobby will work for the PUN add-on. If you post on the Photon forums somebody there should have more of an idea. If you have any character-syncing related questions feel free to post on the opsive forum at https://opsive.com/forum and I'll have more knowledge on that aspect.

37. Bioman75

Bioman75

Hello, Just to be clear I have not bought UFPS 2 yet and wanted to ask a few questions. Before buying this asset I did a deep dive into UFPS 2's documentation to see if this would really be what I need since its 180$. One thing I noticed that seems pretty alarming is the fact that for Item Types ammo is included as one and also there is no inventory cap. Lets say I wanted a game that you can hold a maximum of 3 weapons how would I even go about this? With ammo being considered an Item Type I couldn't just limit the inventory to two lets say 6 Item Types max(3 for weapons and 3 for ammo) because then you could have up to 6 weapons. My question is does UFPS 2 even support an inventory limit like lets say cod has? I don't want players to be able to have every weapon at once.

38. opsive

opsive

Thanks for taking a look at UFPS!

The inventory in UFPS is extremely limited since it is focused on the character controller aspect and inventory is a subject on its own. We are close to releasing version 2.2 and with that the inventory base classes have been restructured to make it easier to extend, but the actual functionality is still the same. With that said, we are releasing a new standalone inventory solution next month and with this you can set item caps per category. It offers a ton of flexibility including a UI, crafting, upgrades, save/load, etc. This new inventory system will be integrated with UFPS :)

39. Bioman75

Bioman75

Huh no offense but that seems like a huge oversight, as holding weapons is an essential part of fps games. Most games usually use the industry standard of two at a time. It seems weird that even the bare minimum for inventory in an fps kit hasn't been implemented. Also why is this an addon instead of just an update since this is essential to almost all fps games?

sas67uss likes this.
  40. opsive

opsive

UFPS has been on the Asset Store for ~8 years and this hasn't been too frequent of a requested feature. In the past a lot of people used the UFPS/Inventory Pro integration, but that had a drawback in that there were actually two inventories added and the Inventory Pro integration just kept those inventories in sync. No inventories have been integrated with version 2 yet but that'll be a lot easier once 2.2 comes out and the new inventory class structure. It will be easier to add this specific feature after version 2.2 is released, and in the future we may add it as a built-in feature based on the number of requests that we get for it
    This new inventory system is more than an add-on as it's a fully fledged standalone asset. We have been working on it for more than a year and it is turning out to be really flexible. I imagine that there is going to be a lot of overlap between character controller and inventory users, just as there is a lot of overlap between our character controller and AI solution. You can see the WIP on this thread:

https://opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/inventory-system-by-opsive-wip.1033/page-9#post-12864

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  41. DootyDoot

DootyDoot

Heya, new to UFPS, but is it possible to use the weapon system with a custom non-UFPS controller? Thanks in advance.

42. opsive

opsive

Hello,

Sure, I have some thoughts on that. Can you post on the forum at https://opsive.com/forum? This allows me to track each request better and also has a search to make it easier to find previously asked questions.

Thanks,
    Justin

43. alerbuffon22

alerbuffon22

44. opsive

opsive

Hello,

For support can you post on the forum at https://opsive.com/forum? This allows me to track each request better and also has a search to make it easier to find previously asked questions. Also make sure you are running the latest version.

Thanks,
    Justin

45. opsive

opsive

Version 2.2 has been released on both the Opsive Store and the Asset Store! We are extremely excited about this release as it contains many neat features. If you are coming from a prior version make sure you take a look at this update guide as there are some manual changes required:

Some of the new features include:

Drive Ability

Magic Items

First/Third Person Split Screen Support

Structural Ultimate Inventory System Integration Support

This update has been a long time coming and we hope that you enjoy it. For any support questions please post on the opsive forum.

TonyLi likes this.
  46. TonyLi

TonyLi

The Save System version 1.0.6 for Opsive Character Controllers has been submitted to the Asset Store and should be available in a few business days. This version works with Opsive character controllers version 2.2.

EDIT: It's not available on the Asset Store.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    opsive likes this.
  47. Daahrien

Daahrien

How do I use the MovingPlatform without actually using that component?

I mean... Because I have my own code to move my platform (elevator). How do I get the player to follow it and not fall through it? I tried putting the MovingPlatform component but that brings me undesired results, I have my own code to move the elevator (choose floor, move to that floor, all working well, but the player falls through it). I also tried the SetPosition method in locomotion but that also brings undesired results (cant rotate player, cant look up or down :/).

Thank you.

EDIT.- nvm. I figured a way.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  48. retired

retired

I purchased the 3rd person controller because it was on sale it said it supported the VR addon. I bought the VR addon for it, am I supposed to see first person hands? I need first person hands, did I buy the wrong controller?

49. opsive

opsive

To keep everyone updated @retired contacted our support email and we got everything squared away. For everyone else the Third Person Controller the VR add-on will work with a third person perspective but not have any first person hands. The hands will appear with any of our controllers that contain a first person perspective.

50. P3ndragonLLC

P3ndragonLLC

Hello,

I'm using InControl and UTPS and it worked really quickly using the InControl Input and setting up the SampleBindings. In the demo, the mouse look works with the controller or mouse, but in my scene with InControl, the mouse look doesn't work. I'm sure I have something wrong, but could you point me to what area i want to look at?

Thanks!
    Scott