Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Character Controller (UFPS 3 / Third Person Controller 3)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by opsive, May 29, 2018.

1. opsive

opsive

Hello,

For support can you post on the forum at https://opsive.com/forum? This allows me to track each request better and also has a search to make it easier to find previously asked questions.

Thank you!

2. play_unity729

play_unity729

I like it, but right now for me it's too expensive for just an Photon PUN add-on

3. opsive

opsive

R1PFake, zeb33, Tethys and 2 others like this.
  4. J0linar

J0linar

Hell Yeah,
    this made my day.

opsive and TheLetterS like this.
  5. Tethys

Tethys

Booya, thanks for the PUN addon. We have been waiting on this and so are very glad to see its out now and also in our hands heh. Good stuff!

TheLetterS likes this.
  6. CastryGames

CastryGames

I have a problem, when I change from third to first person, it does not send the states of animations and the player looks bug

7. CastryGames

CastryGames

in photon plugin

8. opsive

opsive

Hello,

For support can you post on the opsive forums? This allows me to track each request better and also has a search to make it easier to find previously asked questions. It would be helpful if you can also list the steps to reproduce from the demo scene.

Thank you!

9. play_unity729

play_unity729

There's any plans for a cover system, inventory and parkour? I used to have the parkour third party fro the first UFPS, but not longer work and also was removed from the Unity Store, was a great add-on and if you can create this 3 add-ons this framework it's going to be complete for any kind of game, because other non officially support frameworks on Unity can help you to make them work with UFPS, but would be better have a official support or add-ons.

For me I think this used to be more important than add Photon support because in order to create a better Multiplayer experience it's always mandatory have an inventory system.

I really love my purchase of the complete pack, but I think those 3 are still missing and mandatory

10. opsive

opsive

We are currently working on a standalone inventory system. You can see the WIP thread here. When this inventory system is complete we'll be integrating it with the character controller, and this should also make other inventory systems also easier to integrate.

Cover and parkour add-ons are planned, though we haven't started on it yet and don't have an ETA. We are currently working on a swimming add-on.

11. opsive

opsive

12. Pourya-MDP

Pourya-MDP

Hey there opsive
    Any plans for adding
    Swimming
    Graple hook
    Zipline.. etc.?
    If you have any todo list
    Can you show what they are?
    Btw really love to have your asset if it gets more and more complete

13. opsive

opsive

Swimming will be the next ability add-on. A grappling hook and ziplines are not currently planned but you can use the existing ability system to add them.

14. J0linar

J0linar

Looks well done, gotta ask
    Will Gear VR/Oculus GO be Supported by the first release?

15. opsive

opsive

Yes, they will.

16. play_unity729

play_unity729

It's planed any way to prone without use colliders? like press a key on keyboard? or there's a way to assign the action to any key command? (sorry I'm new programming)

17. opsive

opsive

Hello,

For support can you please post on the forum at https://opsive.com/forum? This allows me to track each request better and also has a search to make it easier to find previously asked questions.

Thank you!

18. R1PFake

R1PFake

Can you describe what kind of melee physics you are using for VR? In my experience the basic collider / triggers setup doesn't work well with VR, because the controllers can move so fast and they will often "miss" the collision.

I used a (ray)cast based melee system for VR where the melee weapon has a few points and I raycast (you can also use sphere cast) between the previous and current points of the melee weapon to detect a hit.

Also what kind of movement (stick, teleport, etc.) will be included for VR?

19. opsive

opsive

The character controller currently uses the overlap casts in order to determine if there is a collision and from my testing I've found that this method works well for VR. We'll see if I need to add another option in a future update but we'll ship with the standard overlap cast at first and then see how things are going.

The following movements will be included:
    • Arm Swing: Moves the player based on arm motion like you are running
    • Dash: Similar to Teleport except doesn't move the character instantly
    • Free Movement: Think the thrust movement from Mission:ISS
    • Grab and Move: Grab onto an object and then swing yourself in a direction
    • Joystick
    • Move in Place: similar to Arm Swing, except only requires one tracker to bob
    • Teleport

R1PFake likes this.
  20. Lawina

Lawina

Why doesn't UFPS support LWRP?

21. opsive

opsive

Even though LWRP is out of preview it still doesn't support all of the features that the standard pipeline does such as camera stacking (which UFPS uses). With that said, right now our focus is to get the VR add-on out but I plan on doing an update that uses a shader solution instead of camera stacking.

22. Lawina

Lawina

Thank you for your quick reply and explanation. I look forward to the shader solution.

23. play_unity729

play_unity729

I'm not asking for support, I'm asking if there's planned a way to prone without the need of colliders

24. opsive

opsive

Eventually we'd like to add a prone ability but I don't think that'll be this year. From a core code perspective nothing needs to be changed and it's just a matter of having the right animations. The crawl ability from the agility pack provides a good example for how to approach prone.

25. opsive

opsive

26. Pourya-MDP

Pourya-MDP

Hey there ive seen lots of assets out there for my shooting project and nothing could just catch my eyes except your ultimate character controller and the low poly fps pack (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/props/weapons/low-poly-fps-pack-54947) that has very nice shooting animations within it
    I have one question and that is is there any chance to integrate these two together?so we have a complete character system and super nice shooting animations?

27. opsive

opsive

For integration requests can you create a post on the opsive forum? This will allow me to track the requests better and also see how much interest there is for a particular asset.

28. opsive

opsive

The VR Beta will be released on Monday!

VRAnnouncement.png

Tethys, sjm-tech and TonyLi like this.
  29. majidarif

majidarif

Hello,

I'm new to this, what 3rd person camera and character movement type is like Final Fantasy X?

Thank you!

30. Aracon

Aracon

Waiting for LWRP support :)

Lawina likes this.
  31. opsive

opsive

I saw that you posted on the opsive forum and a community member had a helpful response - let's keep the discussion there :)

It's on the list - should be in one of the 2.1.x releases :)

Lawina likes this.
  32. opsive

opsive

The VR Add-On beta has been released!

d3791eeb-bab7-478b-889f-378346cbcbb6.jpg

You can get it on this page. After you have purchased the add-on send an email to support@opsive.com with your character controller invoice number and I'll send you version 2.1.6 of the controller.

33. bbaugh007

bbaugh007

Hello, I was thinking about integrating the first person melee system into a game I was working on and had a question about its capabilities. I need a melee system that will allow the user to aim at and thrust a sword or spear into specific portions of an enemy's body to deal different levels of damage depending upon what was stabbed. Can this system support precision melee aiming like this by default?

34. opsive

opsive

Yes, there are two ways you can accomplish this:

1. If your enemies are an opsive character controller you can assign different hitpoints to different colliders. This would then allow you to multiply the damage done by a particular limb, such as headshots being instant death (look at the hitbox section of that link).

2. If your enemies are not opsive character controllers (or even if they are) you can subscribe to the OnObjectImpact event and then deal custom damage based on the collider that was hit.

Hopefully that helps!

bbaugh007 likes this.
  35. bbaugh007

bbaugh007

Thanks, so is the IK/animation system already robust/precise enough so that the player can aim at and stab specific areas of am enemy mesh?

36. opsive

opsive

I would play around with the demo so you can get a better feel for it, but you are able to adjust the IK system to bend more/less based on the look direction. One of the parameters within the Animator Controller is a pitch value so you could also use your own animations for the attack based on the pitch. The demo scene doesn't do this but you wouldn't need any extra coding in order to add this.

37. bbaugh007

bbaugh007

Thanks!

opsive likes this.
  38. Armitage1982

Armitage1982

Hi,
    I'm interested in OCC and more specifically for his add-on : PUN Multiplayer.

Since PUN 2 is limited to 500 msg/s my question is simple : how many messages per second the PUN Multiplayer Add-On for OCC roughly generates for one character?

Thanks

39. opsive

opsive

Thanks for taking a look at the controller.

This is a tough question because it really depends on what actions you are performing. As a test if I start the pun demo scene with the pun stats gui added it will output 0 messages. It looks like it is counting RPCs? RPCs will only be called for one off events such as starting an ability, firing a weapon, reloading, etc. The actual movement and animation synchronization is done with OnPhotonSerializeView instead of RPCs which doesn't look like it counts towards the messages count.

40. Armitage1982

Armitage1982

That's pretty surprising!

The fact is that I am interested in your solution for a social application (think about a 3D chat like VRChat but without the VR side).
    So I'm more intrigued by how the animator controller is implemented. At first, it seems strange to me that the synchronization of blend trees is not taken into account. Then based on your feedback I read about OnPhotonSerializeView and I'm even more puzzled :)

Transform Synchronization being the most used feature of PUN 2 it is inevitable that it will be recorded.
    I guess I'm going to have to do some tests.

Thanks

41. PesadeloDoEspantalho

PesadeloDoEspantalho

If you move when you going up a horse, it moves and not the player, which creates a offset.

42. opsive

opsive

Thanks for the heads up. This has been fixed in version 2.1.6 which will be released tomorrow.

43. opsive

opsive

TonyLi likes this.
  44. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

Hi

I have bought V1 for Unity 5, it was pretty good and I used it in a project and did quite some modifications to meet my needs.
    Now I want to do similar project but I'm limited to Unity 2017.2.5 for certain reason, but asset store says that it's only compatible with 2017.3.
    I have some question because I'm trying to figure out if I shall upgrade.
    Will it work fine on 2017.2.5?
    Where can I find the 'release notes' or 'whats new' from version 1 to version 2.
    Does it come with full source code like V1? Does it default to DLLS with source wrapper interface like V1?

45. opsive

opsive

Thanks for considering the upgrade!

2017.3 was a release from a few versions ago and the most current version is 2017.4. I don't remember if there was an API change that specifically caused me to increase the Unity version but I do think that it was something animation related that was fixed in later versions. Unfortunately we are not able to support older versions of Unity than what we submitted with.

Pretty much everything is new :) I recommend going through the demo scene to see what is included - it does a good job at walking through the features.
    Full source is included with no wrapper files.

SNS_Case and Stranger-Games like this.
  46. PesadeloDoEspantalho

PesadeloDoEspantalho

Hello, where there is the Inventory System feature? When is it planned?

47. opsive

opsive

I responded to your post on the opsive forum :)

48. PesadeloDoEspantalho

PesadeloDoEspantalho

49. lod3

lod3

@opsive

Any way to disable crouch completely in v1? Removing the crouch states off the character itself, and removing weapon crouch states still leaves an underlying crouch functionality.

If not, as a hack, would it be possible to disable the ability to trigger the crouch state? Like, say, disabling the default key modifier and not re-mapping it so it cannot be triggered? Thank you.

50. opsive

opsive

Unfortunately I am no longer able to support version 1 as it has been a long time since I looked at that code. I don't remember if there is a setting to disable the crouch but if you do a search for "crouch" within the code you should definitely be able to remove it. Version 1 will no longer be receiving any updates so you don't have to worry about merging in the future.