Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Character Controller (UFPS 3 / Third Person Controller 3)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by opsive, May 29, 2018.

1. SpyrosUn

SpyrosUn

Hi there, I just bought UFPS ( I suppose this is UFPS2 since it says it's version 2), not entirely sure :D I mostly bought to take a first look even though I not actively working on a shooter yet.

I am wondering, if I decide that I want to buy the ultimate controller, what is the upgrade path for me now ? What would I need to buy to get to the ultimate controller ?

Also, is there a difference if i buy it in separate assets rather than in one ? (the ultimate controller directly ?)

What would you recommend if i decide that I want to get to the fullest version of the controller ? (the ultimate one)

Thanks !

2. SpyrosUn

SpyrosUn

Alright, about 30 minutes after i bought UFPS, the ultimate controller went on sale, so i bought that too.

Guess i bought UFPS for no reason but ok :) I also bought the behavior designer + movement pack. I have to thank you for the sales ! Great great assets there.

EDIT: Actually, it was probably not a sale, but an upgrade discount because i bought UFPS. Cause the ultimate controller itself is not actually on sale.

3. opsive

opsive

Thanks for your purchase! That's correct - the Ultimate Character Controller isn't on sale and the price that you saw is because you have UFPS.

4. BigLouis1971

BigLouis1971

I had UFPS 1 and Third Person Controller 1 and just followed the upgrade flow to Ultimate Character Controller. However when I visit the Ultimate Character Controller page, I see no link to "Open in Unity" like when you already purchased the product. I only see the "Add to Cart" link and $85 upgrade price. I guess that I have all of the controller's features despite the "Add to Cart" link but, it would be nice to have a "Open in Unity" link instead. I have no idea about how difficult that is but, I really hope is possible. Thanks in advance for any help and such a useful controller.

5. Lawina

Lawina

What's the difference between UFPS and First Person Controller? Is there a comparison?

6. Mauri

Mauri

If you upgraded "UFPS 1" to "UFPS 2", bought the "First Person Controller 2" and upgraded your "Third Person Controller 1" to "Third Person Controller 2", you will have everything that's included in the "Ultimate Character Controller". It's not necessary to buy that one.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  7. BigLouis1971

BigLouis1971

The comparison is in the starting thread. Basically the difference is that First Person Controller has melee attack and shield while USPS doesn't.

8. BigLouis1971

BigLouis1971

Is good to know, thanks!

9. Lawina

Lawina

No idea how I missed that. Thank you!

10. Gamrek

Gamrek

Hi,

I want some help with disabling the third person character control after winning the game. At the moment I am using:

EventHandler.ExecuteEvent(player, "OnEnableGameplayInput", false);

I call this line right after the final enemy got killed by my character, but my character keeps on shooting around and rotating around, is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks.

Derek

11. opsive

opsive

Hello,

For support can you please post on the opsive forum? This allows me to track each request better and also includes a more robust search.

Thank you!

12. songjiekun

songjiekun

hello:
    does this support generic character or just support humanoid character?

13. opsive

opsive

It supports generic. In the demo scene the horse is controlled by UCC and is a generic character. For generic characters you'll need your own animations and may need to modify the ability based on those new animations but it does work with it.

14. Dreamwalker23

Dreamwalker23

Could I request an integration with the Ork Framework with the new third person controller please?

15. tosvus

tosvus

Which exact version does the Third Person Controller run on? I tried to import it into a brand new project for 2019.2.0b1 and I am getting almost 50 errors. Thanks

16. opsive

opsive

Can you post your request on the opsive forum so others can add to it? I do the integrations based on the number of requests so having it in a central place helps track it.

Unity betas aren't supported and right now they are changing how they are packaging UGUI so it is going to cause some problems until they release a fix for it. For future support if you can post on the opsive forum that would be great so I can track each request better.

TeagansDad and tosvus like this.
  17. Mister-D

Mister-D

dont know were to find this, so , how well works this with animated weapons? i can only find procedural animations in the docs

18. opsive

opsive

Each weapon has its own animator that you can use the animate the weapons. I actually used your weapon pack in this video :)

I did have to create a new animator controller for the machine gun that uses the UFPS setup and not use the animator controller that was included in the asset but overall it worked pretty well.

Mister-D likes this.
  19. play_unity729

play_unity729

I still waiting for that add on

20. play_unity729

play_unity729

Somebody can give me a clue about how correct the position of the weapons on third person view? Because the character it's shooting right now like a gangster with the weapon on the shoulder, and part of the weapon it's inside the character

21. opsive

opsive

Hello,

For support can you please post on the opsive forum? This allows me to track each request better and also includes a more robust search.

Thank you!

22. Pourya-MDP

Pourya-MDP

Hello i have one question befor buying this great tool
    Does it have any zipline like movement on it?or maybe in todo list?

23. opsive

opsive

Hello,

Thanks for taking a look at our character controller! Ziplines are not included but if you have scripting experience you can add it using the ability system. I haven't gotten any requests for a zipline ability but can definitely add it to my todo list.

Justin

24. Pourya-MDP

Pourya-MDP

Hi again and thanks for reply i think it would be so cool to have it on your next updates
    (Cause i have no scripting ability )
    Zipline with the ability to shoot with the other hand at the same time would be cool,
    something like in far cry 5
    I have much more ideas if you want to know'em:)
    Good luck

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    opsive and gsmax like this.
  25. opsive

opsive

We've recently been focused on the PUN addon and we're getting closer to release. I'm hoping to have all of the character controller features synced by the end of this week. After that we'll will have a more detailed post about the addon.

In the meantime here's a preview with one of the characters riding a moving platform. The moving platform code is synced at the start and then run locally on each client. If a remote player is on the moving platform then that character is synced to the local client with some smart interpolation code.

Adrad and TonyLi like this.
  26. opsive

opsive

27. keeponshading

keeponshading

Hi. Would it be possible to integrate an enter/exit vehicle ability . We would be very interested. Together with the pun integration would be perfect.

28. opsive

opsive

We aren't working on this yet but we do have plans to add a vehicle to the demo scene which you can then use as an example for any other vehicle controller. This will likely be in version 2.2 of the controller.

29. jakes-du-preez

jakes-du-preez

Hi. Is it possible to integrate with inventory pro.

play_unity729 likes this.
  30. play_unity729

play_unity729

When the character it's hanging, it move to any other "platform" on the sides, but if I put another on top, instead of pull up to the next one, the character climbs on the platform where he's hanging this cause that the character bug between both platforms don't know if it's for the character size, or I'm not doing something, I'm using this model don't know if have something to do with the model, I try everything inclusive use the same demo scene just change the model

31. opsive

opsive

I do not think there are any integrations. In a future release we will be making some changes related to the inventory which should make it easier to integrate with out assets. If you were to integrate it right now you'd have to have two inventories side by side similar to how the version 1 integration was done for UFPS and TPC.

Hello,

For support can you please post on the opsive forum? This allows me to track each request better and it also includes a more robust search.

Thank you!

32. opsive

opsive

digiross, AritraKhanra and TonyLi like this.
  33. AritraKhanra

AritraKhanra

Hello Sir!

I am really a newbie
    I just wanted to know how can we add our own parkour system using the asset
    I am really Confused !

34. DankP3

DankP3

Unofficial reply: if you have or can make the animations you can create your own abilities for vaulting, climbing walls, wall running etc.

opsive likes this.
  35. opsive

opsive

We are still on track to releasing the PUN Multiplayer Addon to Opsive Store customers next week. We will then release on the Asset Store after we've fixed any issues reported by Opsive Store customers. In the meantime here's a look at the first version of the documentation:

https://opsive.com/support/documentation/character-controller-pun-multiplayer-add-on

I know that it's tough to tell without getting into it but let me know if you think that anything is missing. From the character controller perspective once the objects have been setup it should just work and you don't have to do any extra configuration beyond what you would do for a single player game.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  36. J0linar

J0linar

Since Now the Oculus Quest Consumer version is out as well i wonder what is the State of the Opsive VR Addon?

37. opsive

opsive

As soon as we release the pun addon I will be picking the VR addon back up again. I don't have any estimates for how long it'll take but I'm hoping that it goes fairly quickly and we can have it out before Unite Europe.

sjm-tech likes this.
  38. CastryGames

CastryGames

a serious question ...

To send the animation states, will you use the typical method of sending all the parameters of the animator to calculate the current animation?

This question is about the integration of photon2

39. opsive

opsive

The majority of the parameters are sent over the network to the remote players but if they can be determined locally then they will use that method to save on bandwidth. The remote player does not run the CharacterLocomotion.Move method.

40. TonyLi

TonyLi

Just posting a quick note that the Save System for Opsive Character Controllers is now available on the Asset Store. It works with all Opsive v2 controllers: Ultimate Character Controller, UFPS, TPC, etc.

Many thanks to Justin for helping me iron out the wrinkles and make sure it uses best practices for Opsive controllers.

(If your project uses the Dialogue System for Unity, you don't need this save system. The Dialogue System includes this save system.)

opsive likes this.
  41. opsive

opsive

Congrats on the release!

I helped test this add-on before release and it makes saving the controller's state extremely easy - just add a component and you're good to go!

TonyLi likes this.
  42. opsive

opsive

We will be releasing a beta version of the PUN multiplayer add-on tomorrow!

PUNMultiplayerAddonBeta.png

TonyLi likes this.
  43. play_unity729

play_unity729

And how much it's going to cost?

44. opsive

opsive

45. csofranz

csofranz

Justin,

I'm currently setting up a new project and one important part of this will be easy NPC animation & control. I've already looked at the usual suspects (currently our best bet is NodeCanvas with Ootii's TP motion Controller), and I was wondering if UCC (or one of its siblings) is suited for that. I have Behaviour Designer, and since testing Invector's AI template I believe there's a lot to say about having the AI designer and Motion Controller come from the same author because tight integration makes for more robust development.

So, how easy / tight is Dehavior Designer integration with UCC, and how suitable is it for NPC design?

Thanks,
    -ch

46. opsive

opsive

Thanks for taking a look at our controller. The goal of the Behavior Designer integration is to allow any player-controlled features also be available to the AI agent. We also have a pretty large behavior tree to help you get started with the integration tasks. Take a look at this page/video for an overview on how that sample tree is setup:

https://opsive.com/support/document...er/integrations/opsive-character-controllers/

The nice thing about the Behavior Designer integration is that you really are not limited at all to just this sample tree, though it will definitely help you get started.

47. opsive

opsive

48. opsive

opsive

play_unity729 and TonyLi like this.
  49. play_unity729

play_unity729

One thing that I would love to have on the future it's parkour, it used to be a third party add-on for UFPS, but was deprecated and for the versión 1, and looks like there's no more add-ons like that compatible with UFPS2

50. Muralidaran

Muralidaran

Hi guys. I have a quick question. Is there a tutorial (written or video) that shows how to add a weapon to the default animator controller that comes with the character controller.