Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Character Controller (UFPS 3 / Third Person Controller 3)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by opsive, May 29, 2018.

1. opsive

opsive

For support can you post on the forums at https://opsive.com/forum? This allows me to track each request better. Also, make sure you take a look at the UMA page of the documentation as that explains how to get the integration.

2. Tactics1

Tactics1

Awsome, I went ahead and upgraded my old ufps . After researching some of your plans based on previous posts, I had some more questions. Do you still plan to have a bolt integration as well in the future? Will the vr integration be seperate from third person, or is there going to be a type of mixed third person controller, along with tracked controls? and Will the vr addon be multiplayer enabled as well? The agility pack is looking awsome as well.

3. SoloHonk75

SoloHonk75

What's the best way to upgrade from UFPS 1 to Ultimate Character Controller? Asset store is not showing any upgrade price to me.

4. vampir26

vampir26

I have two small questions :)

1. I currently use UFPS (the old one) in my big project. If I wish to upgrade to UCC, are the project settings very different? E.g. Layers. I'm asking because UFPS is deeply integrated. If I import UCC, it will overwrite my project settings. If I don't import the project settings, I have no idea, how to setup correct.

2. Do I understand correct, I can also setup NPC's with the included character creator? If yes, I can create an NPC in no time with correct working animation controller...

5. opsive

opsive

You'll first need to upgrade to UFPS 2, and from there you can upgrade to UCC.

6. opsive

opsive

UFPS 1 was in the complete projects section whereas version 2 is in the tools section so it does not import any project settings. For version 2 there is an editor script which will add the required layers, or you can change which layers are used within the LayerManager. Note that version 2 of UFPS is completely different and there isn't a way to convert a UFPS 1 character to version 2. If you are far along with your project I recommend completing it with version 1.

Yes, you can.

7. opsive

opsive

Great to hear!

We first plan to support PUN because that'll be the quickest to release. I don't want to commit to Bolt yet but I would like to eventually add support for it. The VR integration will work with both a first and third person perspective, though I am imagining that the first person perspective will be more popular. I am not sure if the VR addon will work with the multiplayer addon yet.

Tactics1 likes this.
  8. HiddenFace

HiddenFace

9. opsive

opsive

It'll use PUN 2.

digiross and Tethys like this.
  10. thedyze

thedyze

Hi, we recently bought a copy of ufps2, because we are interested in doing a VR fps game. And now we honestly feel a bit cheated. In the quote above, and in your graphic in the first post you claim that the asset is VR ready, but in development. After importing the asset we realized that there is nothing VR related at all in the asset atm.
    How can you claim that the project is VR ready? Stating that the project is VR ready, implies that it can somehow be used with VR right now. Maybe not in a finished way, but the impression you get is that it's atleast somehow working *right now*.
    Reading through the thread it also becomes clear that you aim to sell the VR addon separately. Again, how can you claim that ufps2 is vr ready, if it's not even going to be included once released?

11. opsive

opsive

Hello,

Sorry to hear that. The description says that it is designed for VR, which it is. I have a working basic VR setup that will be part of the VR addon - it requires a new movement and view type but the actual controller is designed to work with VR. After I finish with multiplayer development I will be finishing off this VR addon. If you'd like to help beta test that definitely let me know and I can include you once we get it going.

Justin

12. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Does anyone know how on UFPS 1.7 how to block with the melee attacks?

13. ncho

ncho

I bought the First Person Controller and when creating a first person controller in an empty scene upon runtime everything seems fine but I get hundreds of this type of error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Ability.CanInputStartAbility (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Input.PlayerInput playerInput) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Ability.cs:295)
    Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.UpdateAbilityInput (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Ability[] abilities) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:127)
    Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.UpdateAbilityInput () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:99)
    Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.Update () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotionHandler.cs:73)

14. opsive

opsive

Thanks for your purchase. Can you post on the forums at https://opsive.com/forum with the steps to reproduce? I should then be able to help figure out what is going wrong.

15. BlanketsWilson

BlanketsWilson

This looks great! When can we can we expect the agility pack? And will it be an update or a paid package?

16. opsive

opsive

Thanks! We should have a demo and more info up soon. This will be a separate addon for $15 and we plan on releasing this month.

17. MossPillow

MossPillow

Sorry. I need help.
    Can i use my playermodels, weapons, HP lines and other?

18. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Hi @opsive , a quick question about the counter attack/parry functionality introduced in 2.1, I am curious what setup is involved from the AI perspective. It appears that there is an AI opponent included in the demo, is this also included with UCC since I don't believe AI was previously included? Also is the counter attack/parry also going to be added to the Behavior Designer AI asset, since it would be very useful to be able to use Behavior Designer to create sophisticated melee only enemies.

19. opsive

opsive

Yes, you can. If you have any support questions please post on the forum at https://opsive.com/forum.

20. opsive

opsive

From Behavior Designer's perspective nothing needs to be added - when the Start Item Use ability is called the counter attack/parry animations will automatically play if the conditions are valid for those animations to play.

The AI opponent included in the melee room is extremely basic - the agent just wanders around to a random point and attacks every n seconds if the player is near.

Hamesh81 likes this.
  21. nik_bluebird

nik_bluebird

Hi,

I checked the demo of Ultimate Character Controller on PC. This asset looks amazing.
    and I want to use this asset into my upcoming mobile game.

I have some questions regarding the asset.

1) Is this asset can be integrated for mobile devices with out compromising performance?
    2) When will multiplayer add on ready? Can photon work with this asset?
    3) Can I add bullet follow camera effect same as sniper 3d or kill shot game?

Thank you.

22. opsive

opsive

Thanks for taking a look at the Ultimate Character Controller!

Yes

No ETA yet but we will be releasing the Agility Pack this month and then we'll be focused on the multiplayer addon. The addon will use PUN.

This isn't built in but you could disable the character camera and use a separate camera to follow the bullet. Alternatively you can create a new view type that follows the camera.

23. hope81dklee

hope81dklee

It's awesome.
    I have purchase Ultimate Character Controller.
    Can I use it's asset included in Demo Scnee for commercial?

24. opsive

opsive

Glad you're enjoying the controller! Yes, you can use any of the assets in the demo folder for commercial use. The major thing that the license prevents you from doing is distributing the raw assets.

25. opsive

opsive

Hamesh81 likes this.
  26. namdo

namdo

Finally ledge climbing. I tested it and while it seems to work fine, there were issues with the crawl though. If you press jump while crawling your character moves faster till you exit the crawl space and then jumps. Plus there were times when the character went through the floor.

27. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Some very useful abilities. I have posted my feedback below.

Hang:
    I would expect to be able to move down from a higher hang point to a lower hang point, so that if a player starts on high ground they can use the hang ability to make their way down as well. Also this allows obstacles to be placed between hang points and the player needing to navigate vertically to get around them. In the demo the corner angle is also very large, will more sharper angles also be supported? From a practical sense, if a player is trying to get around the inner or outer corner of a building their movement would need to be quite close for it to be realistic. Will there be an option to use items while using this ability, eg. firing while in idle?

Ledge Strafe:
    Will this also support corners like the hang ability? Can it only be used for flat movement or inclines/declines as well?

Balance:
    Not sure if this is going against the purpose, but personally I think it would be very useful to have a "constrain to balance beam" option. So essentially it would be like a ledge strafe but moving only forward and backward. So instead of focusing on precision it would be more about patience since the player would still need to traverse much slower than usual and also be more exposed to moving obstacles for example, which they would have to crouch and jump to avoid while on the beam.

28. opsive

opsive

Thanks! The crawl speed issue has been fixed. What were you doing when the character went through the floor?

29. opsive

opsive

Thanks for giving it a try @Hamesh81!

We've added the ability to transfer down a hang object. Angles which are slightly steeper than the demo scene angles should work, but 90 degree turns are not supported. This is something that we'd like to add and the base ability is setup to be able to handle it. The hang ability sets the default equipped slots to 0 so the ability unequips all items, but there's nothing in the ability script that prevents having a weapon so if you have animations that support it then it'll work.

Ledge Strafe supports gentle corners similar to hang, it won't work with 90 degree turns. You should be able to use it with inclines since it just uses root motion to move.

On the Balance ability there is a parameter which allows you to specify if you want to apply a horizontal force when there is horizontal input. If you set this value to 0 and place it above the jump ability then you will be completely restricted to the balance beam.

30. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

That sounds great! Thank you :)

opsive likes this.
  31. namdo

namdo

I was crawling when it happened. I jumped while crawling in the crawl space and just kept moving around.

Any idea when this will be released.

32. opsive

opsive

Thanks - we've worked how crawling works so this should be fixed. We are hoping to release within the next few days, just a round of final polish and working on screenshots.

33. Vregh

Vregh

Hello, our team is using UFPS 1 in our project. With android we have no problems but when we switched platform to ios we got a lot of null reference exceptions just when we launch the game. We are using unity 2018.1.5f1.

vp_BodyAnimator.InitMaxSpeeds () (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Player/vp_BodyAnimator.cs:852)
    vp_BodyAnimator.Awake () (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Player/vp_BodyAnimator.cs:316)
    UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(GameObject, Transform)

vp_WeaponHandler.UpdateFiring () (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Player/vp_WeaponHandler.cs:311)
    vp_WeaponHandler.Update () (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Player/vp_WeaponHandler.cs:297)

vp_BodyAnimator.UpdatePosition () (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Player/vp_BodyAnimator.cs:542)
    vp_BodyAnimator.LateUpdate () (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Player/vp_BodyAnimator.cs:360)

vp_Weapon.RefreshWeaponModel () (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Player/vp_Weapon.cs:424)
    vp_Weapon.OnEnable () (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Player/vp_Weapon.cs:176)

and other exceptions of this type. So as we understand the problem is with vp_event, vp_value and vp_message scripts.

Please help us to find out the problem and solve it!

34. opsive

opsive

For UFPS 1 support please post on the UFPS forum at https://legacy.opsive.com/assets/UFPS/forum/. UFPS 1 is no longer being supported but you may be able to find somebody else who has ran into a similar issue. UFPS 1 also required the mobile addon (under target platform) in order for it to work on mobile.

35. opsive

opsive

Version 2.1.2 of the Ultimate Character Controller has been released. You can view the full release notes on this page. This version is the base version used by the Agility Pack which has been released on the Opsive Store and will be released on the Asset Store soon.

36. opsive

opsive

DankP3, TonyLi and GorkaChampion like this.
  37. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

Bought right now!

opsive likes this.
  38. ConsumeEm

ConsumeEm

Hey there, I bought the third person controller. If I buy the first person controller later on, is it the same as having the Ultimate Character Controller? I read slightly something about an upgrade path, can that be explained?

39. opsive

opsive

If you already have Third Person Controller 2 the best route would be to upgrade to Ultimate Character Controller directly for the price difference. You'll only want to get the First Person Controller if you have UFPS 1. Using this route you would upgrade to UFPS 2, and then UFPS 2 to the First Person Controller.

40. ConsumeEm

ConsumeEm

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm about to buy the agility back. I'll try to keep you updated as I will be doing lots of testing. Lmk if there's a specific route for becoming a beta tester.

opsive likes this.
  41. digiross

digiross

i'm getting ready to finally purchase this asset and had one last question. Does it have a cover system? or is there an asset that is recommended that piggy backs with this?

42. opsive

opsive

Awesome. It does not have a cover system, though we plan on including a cover ability in the Deathmatch AI Kit when we rerelease that asset. We will also likely release a Tactical Addon (similar to the Agility Addon) that includes cover.

In the meantime you can definitely use the ability system to have the character go into cover.

digiross likes this.
  43. CastryGames

CastryGames

since they finished the agility pack, they started with the development of the multiplayer plugin in photon pun?

44. opsive

opsive

We have started on the PUN Multiplayer addon :) I'll post when I have something more exciting to show.

Weendie-Games and Tethys like this.
  45. opsive

opsive

CastryGames likes this.
  46. CastryGames

CastryGames

Excuse the insistence, there is an approximate date for the launch of the addon pun. ;)

47. opsive

opsive

We do not have an ETA for the multiplayer addon yet, it will most likely be at least a couple of months. We want to ensure that it is done correctly and not rush the release :)

Bavatt and Weendie-Games like this.
  48. a33366

a33366

Hello, I would like to ask why did not use ADDFORCE of RIGIDBODY instead of choosing to implement it myself? I am not good at English, sorry.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  49. opsive

opsive

For support if you can post on the opsive forum that would be great. This allows me to track each request better and also has a better search that the Unity forum.

50. opsive

opsive

digiross likes this.