Search Unity

[Released] UI Timeline Animations

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Bibzball, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Bibzball

Bibzball

Description
    UI Timeline Animations allows you to easily create customizable sequences directly inside the Unity Timeline view, without any use of Mecanim

The following animation types showcased in the above demo are all available right outside the box:

• Out of Screen Translations
    • Scale Animations
    • Alpha Fading
    • Image Filling and Masking
    • From-To Translations
    They work directly with the Unity UI System and are cross-resolution compatible.

Every sequence is created from the Unity Timeline View:

Each clip and animation is directly cutomizable inside the Unity Inspector:

It also includes events handling, to call methods directly inside a sequence:

You can now easily create any sequence in just a few clicks, without a single line of code!

Examples
    • Paper Plane!, for iOS and Android

• Battle.IO for iOS and Android

Links

2. Bibzball

Bibzball

Updated to version 1.1 to fix a a bug on versions 2017.X of Unity

Minimum version is now 2017.2, despite what the description says

Asset description will be changed on next submission

3. Bibzball

Bibzball

Updated to version 1.2 to fix a bug on UTA Event display.

Thank you for your bug reports and feedback helping the improvement of the asset!

4. PendingFox

PendingFox

How does it perform over the default UI workflow? Any performance gains? The reason I'm asking is that default UI is terrible and generates a bunch of GC which you have to deal with manually. Unless you have a very very simple UI o.c.
    Do you have any pooling and hashing mechanisms implemented inside this thing?

5. Bibzball

Bibzball

Hi PendingFox and sorry for the delayed answer.

Before creating UTA, I used mecanim animators to animate my UI.
    Not only is it not very practical, the performances are horrendous when you have multiple animators.

UTA uses the Unity Timeline system: Playables, Clips, etc. To my knowledge, this system only instanciates Playables at runtime, which represent some GC Allocs when a sequence starts:

upload_2019-3-21_11-4-2.png

I must admit that I did not look into a Pooling system to pool playables and avoid these instanciations, but that's now definitely something I will check out!

Hope that answered your question, do not hesitate if I can give more info.

6. Bibzball

Bibzball

Updated to version 1.3

Due to a bug in Unity 2017.2 when editing Timeline assets with multiple [TrackClipType], Unity 2017.3 is now the minimum requirement.
    Added a feature to trigger callbacks from script when playing a sequence.

7. Bibzball

Bibzball

With Unity 2019.1, you will get a bug when trying to open the timeline window from an UTA Director.
    It will be fixed in the next submission.
    In the meantime, you can edit line 32 of UTADirectorEditor.cs and replace

Code (CSharp):
    1. Type timelineWindowType = Type.GetType("UnityEditor.Timeline.TimelineWindow,UnityEditor.Timeline");
    with

Code (CSharp):
    1. Type timelineWindowType = Type.GetType("UnityEditor.Timeline.TimelineWindow,Unity.Timeline.Editor");

8. metaphysician

metaphysician

hi there - interested in this asset for a specific use case. could this control scale on a skinned mesh renderer bone transform without being considered an animation? right now i would like to animate a character and scale bones while playing humanoid animation if possible, but bone scaling in an animation clip only can happen with generic or legacy rigs, and i don't want to convert all my animations from humanoid rig if possible. thanks!