Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] UI Table

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by bourriquet, Mar 14, 2019.

1. bourriquet

bourriquet

An insanely easy Table Layout for Unity UI

Asset Store Link

Documentation
    Simple
    I uses reflection so you don't have to code anything. Just select your collection, the properties to display, and here you are.
    You can now customize the table all you want.

Integrated
    Unity UI Table only uses and organizes Unity UI elements, so it's consistent and easy to integrate with the rest of your UI.

Customizable

Many Options:
    • Sortable Columns
    • Selectable Rows
    • Add/Delete Row Buttons
    • Update at Runtime or Save Performances
    • Many More...

Feedback & feature suggestions welcome!

2. minhplhl

minhplhl

upload_2019-3-22_11-20-34.png
    I try to run the example scene and this error appear when i press play button. Here is this error line.

upload_2019-3-22_11-21-40.png
    this is the whole picture

Attached Files:

3. minhplhl

minhplhl

I can change the table data at runtime in code ??

4. bourriquet

bourriquet

Hi @minhplhl
    Yes, you can change the data at runtime. Enable the "Update Content at Runtime" option in the Performance section of the Table if you want the table to keep up-to-date.
    About your error, I see what causes it. Will fix it now. You can still go on, right? This error doesn't affect the functioning.
    Thanks for your feedback.

5. linojon

linojon

hello, i've attached my component's collection List in inspector and defined the columns i want. I checked the At Runtime: Update: Cell Content. Then at runtime i populate the list, and call table.UpdateContent() but the data rows are never generated, just the header row. In the debugger, in Table.cs the targetCollection.Collection.Count is always 0. ?? I also tried calling SetDirty() before UpdateContent.

6. bourriquet

bourriquet

Hi @linojon
    You don't need to call UpdateContent (only useful when Update Cell Content option is off) or SetDirty. It normally just updates automatically if you set the option.
    What version of Unity do you use?
    Do you have any error in your console?
    Does it work when you add elements to the list in the inspector in edit mode?
    Is it possible to send me the project with the issue (or a stripped down version of course). You can email me with the mail button here: https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/34298

7. linojon

linojon

Unity 2018.3.7f1. No errors on the console.
    hi, i understand. In this case I dont need it to update automatically, its just a text panel that includes a table of data, not interactive, When the panel is enabled, i set its text and table content. I read the data from an external source at runtime Start so it doesnt make sense to add it via the inspector. In fact, the List isnt allocated (collection = new List<Myclass>()) until runtime, maybe this is the problem?

8. bourriquet

bourriquet

@linojon I see. The table loses the connection to the list if you reallocate it after the initialization.
    Can you call the constructor in the declaration?
    Anyway I should be able to ship a fix by tomorrow.

9. linojon

linojon

that did it, thanks! i new call the constructor in the declaration and use .Clear() when i want to refresh it. Works :)

10. bourriquet

bourriquet

@linojon Great!
    I will handle this case in the next release.
    Thanks for letting me know.

11. bourriquet

bourriquet

The new version is live and handles this situation.
    Thanks again.