Search Unity

[RELEASED] UI Particle Image - Let's Sparkle the UI

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by maxganiev, Feb 17, 2023.

1. maxganiev

maxganiev

✨ UI Particle Image - The best way to add juice to your game UI!​

This user-friendly tool enables you to create impressive particle effects in your UI with a few clicks.
    You can either create a new "Particle Image" object from the "GameObject" menu or pick one of the starter particle effect prefabs from the "Prefabs" folder and customize it to meet your specific needs using various settings.

UI Particle Image tool is a must-have for any Unity developer looking to add professional-grade particle effects to their UI. Try it out today and see the difference it can make in your project!

Key features:

- Powerful yet Simplified Settings
    - Sub-Particles in a Single System
    - Attractors
    - Movement Modifiers
    - Support for Third-Party Shaders
    - Masking and Raycast Targeting
    - Camera and Overlay Canvas Spaces
    - Texture Sheet Animation
    - Events
    - Trail Effects
    - Includes 12+ Demo Scenes and Starter Particles

2. nnhhaadd

nnhhaadd

Very interesting asset. I'm considering buying it for myself. One small question though, does it support preview in timeline or animation?

3. maxganiev

maxganiev

Hey, thank you for your interest! Currently, it doesn't support simulation preview in the timeline, but you can send Play/Stop/Pause actions and/or change parameters over time from the timeline track :)

4. maxganiev

maxganiev

Particle Image v1.1.0 is now available for download!

Features:
    - Included complete C# source code
    - Enabled support for multi-object editing

Fixes:
    - Resolved Camera Null Exception during scene transitions
    - Fixed particle preview functionality when the parent object has a Mask component.
    - Implemented a temporary solution for the Undo NullException in the Curve Editor
    - Corrected autoplay behavior when assigning a new parent object
    - Fixed the issue of OnLastParticleFinish event being called twice
    - Various minor bug fixes and optimizations

Change:
    - For converting particles from version 1.0.0 to new C# script reference, navigate to: Tools > AssetKits > Particle Resolver

5. patrickjarnfelt

patrickjarnfelt

Just to be clear: This does NOT support UI toolkit, right? Because the thread is tagged "ui toolkit"!

6. maxganiev

maxganiev

Thanks for clarifying! Currently, the UI toolkit is not supported, but it is within our scope and we are working on it

Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
    Guitoon likes this.
  7. iMobCoding

iMobCoding

@maxganiev

Great asset, thanks. Bought and rated with 5 stars :)

One thing I noticed... For Attractor if you choose Point Mode it works as expected. But if you select Surface Mode then it doesn't work as expected if the Pivot is not the default (0.5, 0.5) for the target. Try it yourself by setting some weird pivot for the target (like 10,10) but leaving the target in place - you'll see where the particles are attracted to.

Edit: Btw, I see in your code that besides Pivot you also rely on Size Delta of the target. That's not reliable approach, as Size Delta depends on anchors. You should rely on physical center of the target and rect's dimensions when calculating attractor's target

Last edited: May 3, 2023
  8. Drago28

Drago28

@maxganiev why aren't you active on discord since april 12th?

9. jyjy1324

jyjy1324

1. "Can we directly access a particle image using a script? I'm curious about how to change the image. Do we have to use a specific method for this?"

2. "Is it possible to combine two images for a single particle? If so, could you please explain how to do this? In my attempts, even when I attach an image within another image, only the single image set in the particle image seems to move."

10. EskemaGames

EskemaGames

Will this asset work with other UIs, like for example NGUI or something else?. Or is it tightly coupled to the unity UI?

11. Braza

Braza

Hi! Is it possbile to easily override particles layer for it to show on top of other UI?
    It would be like a separate canvas for those I guess. Just would not like to create a canvas for every instance of the particle source.

12. matchalagames

matchalagames

@maxganiev
    When are you going to release the next version you promised on discord? Everyone is waiting.
    Thanks

pradf4i likes this.
  13. pradf4i

pradf4i

@maxganiev, waiting for the performance update as well! Thanks

14. Dobalina

Dobalina

There's a pretty bad bug I'm consistently running into. If I apply a burst value, then adjust the "Rate per Second" value, my editor goes unresponsive stuck in Application.UpdateScene. I either have to wait for my PC to run out of memory(if it gets there), but more often I need to end task unity and lose my progress.

upload_2023-11-20_23-0-29.png

cylim_unity likes this.
  15. Gusts92

Gusts92

Is this abandoned?

16. Dobalina

Dobalina

Sorta feels like it, but I hope not. It's a little rough in some areas but does a good job if you're looking to add some basic effects rather quickly.

17. novalyst

novalyst

Check this video it has everything about particles system on the UI Canvas on unity