Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] uConstruct - Fully generic, socket based runtime construction system

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ElroyUnity, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Mooselicious

Mooselicious

Hello again

Thank you for the tip Elroy, GetLastWriteTime is something I haven't used before & looks better than system linq. However I am struggling getting it to work within the existing uconstruct save framework. Do you have any rough examples? Sorry if I am being a pain, the only thing I haven't been able to change within Uconstruct is the save load order to most recent. The documentation was perfect for everything else.

ElroyUnity likes this.
  2. ElroyUnity

ElroyUnity

Not on a computer for the next week or so :/ but basically if you save the game into an physical file on your disk, your os also saves certain data for the file, like when you last written into the file etc. So just access that using the example above :) if you still can't get it to work, send me a pm and I will try to get near a computer

3. Mooselicious

Mooselicious

Got it to work thanks!

Changed get levels to this.

Code (CSharp):
    1. filesInOrder = new DirectoryInfo(UCSavingManager.folderPath).GetFiles("*." + UCSavingManager.fileFormat).OrderByDescending(f => f.LastWriteTime).Select(f => f.Name).ToArray();

4. ElroyUnity

ElroyUnity

Awesome! :D happy you got it working :)

5. DissociatedGames

DissociatedGames

Decided to pick this up today, and for anyone wondering it works fine on 2019.3.8f1, it does get stuck importing 'UConstructPrefabsDatabase.asset', but i closed/reopen unity and all seems to work fine.

Created a test cube foundation asset, added sockets and ground check in a few minutes and loving it so far, the destruction works as I would expect.

The only problem I'm noticing so far is on the ground checking. no matter the shape of the structure, if I destroy the original block the entire thing will collapse, even if it is connecting to the ground on other pieces.

Does anyone know a fix for that? If I can get that part figured out this will be the perfect asset for what I want to do.

6. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

@ElroyUnity any news about updating the asset to support the latest version of Opsive character controllers?

7. Recon03

Recon03

I know Elroy was in the service in his country, its possible he is away.... (can't confirm, but been awhile since I talk to him.

unityunity