Search Unity

(RELEASED) U-BSP - A new level designing and prototyping tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by joeconstable97, May 1, 2020.

1. joeconstable97

joeconstable97

U-BSP is a tool that allows developers to easily design, create and prototype their levels. The tool was designed to be as beginner friendly as possible, using simple controls and an easy to understand workflow.

This tool uses BSP cubes (sometimes known as brushes) to create geometry in the scene. Creating a cube is easy: simple click somewhere in the window. You can then move and resize cubes by simply clicking and dragging the mouse. (See the video below)

Buy the asset here: http://u3d.as/1Smd

Documentation can be found HERE

Features:
    Separate scene rendering window,
    Simple click and drag controls
    Ability to prototype and rapidly iterate upon your levels,
    Wireframe mode,
    Easy to use grid system,
    Automatic generation of UVs and normals,
    Obj exporter to send to your favourite art tool!

My portfolio website can be found HERE

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    BrainSlugs83 and Shodan0101 like this.
  2. joeconstable97

joeconstable97

BrainSlugs83 and Shodan0101 like this.
  3. BrainSlugs83

BrainSlugs83

F*** it. I'm fed up with pro-builder, and there are worse ways to spend $10...

Edit: Alright so...
    1.) In the video you show yourself clicking and dragging a few times to create larger boxes -- but I don't see how to do that from the documentation, and clicking and dragging does nothing unless there is a box selected, and then it just moves that box.

2.) In the video you show yourself building up walls one layer at a time -- I'm also not seeing how to do that in this tool -- It looks like you can switch what view is shown, but that's all I'm seeing...

3.) It looks like it creates hundreds of boxes in my inspector? -- Like they're created at the root, and there's not even a parent object for them... that has me a bit concerned for a number of reasons. :-/

4.) Also there's a huge bug with CTRL+Z. -- If you place a few boxes and then hit CTRL+Z, instead of unplacing them, it will randomly place more?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  4. nickverducci

nickverducci

Also having similar issues. Coming from 15+ years of radiant, this tool looked interesting but now it's barely functional.

Have same issue of left clicking not creating new cubes, wireframe mode doesn't work, etc. @joeconstable97 would be nice if you helped out